Ruth's Chris Steak House - Metairie
3633 Veterans Blvd.
Metairie, LA 70002Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Metairie
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3830/Metairie
- Phone: 5048883600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Fowler
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Metairie, LA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Your local Private Dining Manager in Metairie, LA will be glad to review your needs, work with you to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Tramuta-Strassel 8887981806
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Metairie
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Metairie, LA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Metairie - Best Restaurants in Metairie ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Metairie reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)romantic (17)notable wine list (12)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Tab will be on the expensive side, good place to take a partner out to once in awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2014We have been to Ruth's several times. We went this week to take advantage of "Restaurant week". It was a Sunday evening. It appeared that they were short staffed. Not the normal attention you usually receive. Our server was wonderful and did the best he could. He recommended a wine that we really enjoyed. The food was delicious, our filets cooked perfectly. And, the restaurant week price offering for a three course meal (Salad, Petite filet, spinach and dessert), wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentjt337896Dined on 9/13/2014This was the best steak I have ever had. Our waiter was attentive. My wife loved it.Special Features:
- Celebrated our 1 year AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014We were really impressed. When you dine at a restaurant like Ruth Chris, you expect a certain experience. This location did a wonderful job. The staff honored my request to be sat at a quiet/secluded table. We had rose petals on our table, our desserts came with a Happy Anniversary message, and multiple staff members wished us a Happy Anniversary. The food was amazing and our server, Frank, was outstanding. He was professional, kind, and never rushed us. We left full and very happy with our experience.Special Features:
- EarlybirdsEarlybirdsDined on 9/13/2014We chose Ruth's for the EatNOLA week and the menu included 4 courses which were outstanding. The steaks were cooked to perfection, the atmosphere very elegant and the wait staff amazing. We truly got our moneys worth and will frequent againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekCookingtonyDined on 9/11/2014The menu for Restaurant Week was outstanding. The entree were excellent and of course the sides were very tasty and shareable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnernolabethDined on 9/5/2014Great time was had by all. Birthday dinner, for a table of four, two were birthdays. Wine was great, peas au gratin (not on the menu) were really quite good, should be on the menu regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 51st Wedding AnniversaryNOdinersDined on 8/30/2014The staff went out of their way to make our occasion special. From the moment we arrived and I requested a quiet corner table to the time we departed everyone was super cordial and helpful. Particular Kudos to our waiter who was most attentive and entertaining. We love Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014We dine out on a regular basis and I don't usually take the time to write a review unless I think a restaurant needs a better rating based on my favorable experience - or in this instance, I had a dining experience that was quite unsettling. No vintages on a highly (4x retail) marked up wine list? How do I know what I am getting? The waiter certainly didn't know. The excuse being that the vintages change too often to justify reprinting the wine list? Really!!!?? Who is making these decisions? The filet was Ok but not cut the greatest. There are a bunch of great steak house options in the greater NO area. This one won't be on my list. All in all the feel of a place that really doesn't care about being a top end restaurant anymore.
- Special NightJacksonDined on 8/24/2014Our visit this time reminded me why we love this place.... wonderful steak and a great time for our happy occasion... I would tell anyone that wants to celebrate any occasion to make reservations here.Special Features:
- Excellent SteaksBigSmileyEatsOutDined on 7/29/2014I have enjoyed Ruth's Chris steakhouse many times in many cities of course the original was on Broad street in New Orleans and I'm not sure if that location still exists but they are all wonderful. I definitely enjoy the Metairie location because of the local south Louisiana/New Orleans touch.Special Features:
- lorileisuperflyDined on 7/21/2014Unfortunately, the food and service standards are below par for the price. Do not get the tuna appetizer nor the lamb chops (covered in butter and fat. No mint sauce even though it says so on menu.)Special Features:
- FoodPJVTTB123Dined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed our dining experience as well as the amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 7/18/2014Nice staff. Good waiters. Good food. Friendly staff. Clean. Comfy chairs. Lots of funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good dinningpickyDined on 7/7/2014The food we ate was well prepared and the waiter helpful, but not intrusive. Atmosphere not elegant, but pleasant in a modern setting.Special Features:
- Great for everyone in the familyTopshelfboozeguyDined on 7/7/2014My daughter enjoyed joining us for a mid week anniversary dinner. She's only 8 but loves her filet medium rare. God bless her husband.Special Features:
- nicest restaurant in Metairieh504Dined on 7/4/2014My husband loved his steak and we both enjoyed the ambience very much. This is definitely the nicest restaurant in Metairie!Special Features:
- jrjrVIPDined on 6/23/2014Went for our 35th wedding anniversary and all four majors - service, ambience, noise level and food - were PERFECT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday giftflufffluffDined on 6/19/2014I used the gift card received for my birthday.The steaks, salads and desserts were was great.The vegetable sides were so so.T he service was outstanding considering there were two large parties present. This is a good place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 216 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Metairie reviews archive.
- Excellenthappydinner519Dined on 5/19/2014The experience was nothing less then Except for our daughters graduation celebration . The staff was awesome !!! G Thank YSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris birthday celebrationJackpot61Dined on 5/14/2014At Ruth's Chris one always knows what to expect - consistently excellent food, always the same menu (with occasional Specials) & that's why we like it, we know before what we're ordering & how it will taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at rc steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/6/2014It was my son's 21st birthday so he wanted to go somewhere special. It really was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!NOLAinNHDined on 4/28/2014Always great and delicious, our recent visit to Ruth's Chris in Metairie was punctuated by our server, Ann-Marie's attention to our party's needs throughout our dinner. Our steaks were cooked to perfection and all the accouterments to our meals were equally enjoyable. A requisite stop on every visit to New Orleans, we look forward to dining with our friends at Ruth's Chris next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvNewOrleansVIPDined on 4/27/2014The food was outstanding as always. The appetizers and side dishes are just as delicious as the steaks!Special Features:
- Easter SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014It was freezing cold in the restaurant requiring us to go back out to our cars to get coats. All 4 in our party found this to be the case. The food was very good as usual. Will probably not choose to eat there on holidays- just too busy.Special Features:
- back to Broad Street!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/12/2014Joe has replicated the old Broad Street feel of Ruth Chris! Keep up the good work Joe!!!Special Features:
- Good steak bad service.JohnhVIPDined on 4/8/2014I eat at the bar when traveling. Usually bar tender is attentive. This one wasn't. He we busy humping glasses from kitchen etc instead of serving guest. Complained and was comp portion of ticket. Suggest eating at table at this location.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner gone wrongLesa901Dined on 3/31/2014Overall experience at this restaurant was not nearly as good as the Memphis location. Food and certainly not service. My guest was asked to remove his hat before entering the dining room which was okay. But upon our entrance their were two other gentlemen dining with their hats on. It was brought to the attention of the maître'd and was told "oh their leaving". They didn't. Gave us the perception of discrimination. We ordered and took our food to go. Waitress was good. The bread that was brought out was cold. I would never return to this location. We felt singled out and treated differently.
- A nice place but the wineDavidDined on 3/22/2014A nice place but the wine is so overpriced that I can't in good conscience advise anyone to go there and get punished. If you are not a drinker it will be fine.
- Valentine Dinner2bthereVIPDined on 2/14/2014As you might expect, the Ruth's Chris Metairie location was overrun with people on Valentine's evening. In spite of this they managed to do well in managing reservations---had to wait maybe 20-30 minutes for a table. I was extremely disappointed with our porterhouse for 2. It was tough and chewy. Not the usual you expect from Ruth's Chris. Everything else was what you might expect from them. Had a very competent server-Lynell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet FantasticPaparazziphilDined on 2/14/2014Ordered a Reisling wine we hadn't had before. Delicious Garden fresh salad with your bleu cheese can't be duplicated. Our filets were slightly more than medium well, but the hot plate may have cooked them more than needed. They were still the best filet in town. The chocolate dessert may be the reason we come back sooner that we expect to. Our waitress was Velma. She was excellent. Joe also made sure that we were pleased with everything. SEE YOU SOONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints! Love RC!NOLAGirlDined on 2/14/2014Went here for a surprse lunch for V-Day. It smelled amazing inside....and the food was wonderful!! I had to send back my steak but, that was ok as I would rather have to send it back and get it right than get it very well done. The service was impeccable as usual. We always enjoy our visits to Ruth's Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakwfvaiiDined on 2/9/2014Awesome steak! Great place! Service spotty at times. We love it and will keep loving itSpecial Features:
- GreatKpcmjcDined on 2/1/2014My family and I had a wonderful experience, service was spot on, food was excellent. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Annual Birthday Treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/22/2014Treating my cousin to dinner at Ruth Chris Steakhouse has become an annual tradition for her birthday. Next year, I plan to invite a slightly larger party of close relatives to share the experience. Wonderful food; Excellent service; nice ambiance. As a recently returned "native" of the Kenner/Metaire area, its nice to find "Fine Dining" without having to travel into the big "City"! The appetizers were divine! Coffee superb; special birthday desert treat was out of this world delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't cut it with a steak knife!Raoul9466Dined on 1/21/2014I've been eating at this resturant for 40 years. This was the worst steak I ever had. It was so tough I could barely cut it. I should have sent it Back but the conversation was too good. Service that night wasn't Great either.Special Features:
- Very Good FiletSGB198132VIPDined on 1/11/2014So tender it melts in your mouth. Very Pricey but Barbeque shrimp good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good....ElliottDined on 1/8/2014Never had a bad meal here. The wait staff is very attentive and quick to respond to your needs. Everything on the menu makes for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2014My very sweet soon to be wife took me here for my birthday dinner. She told me that her late father dinned there a lot and said it was the best steak in town especially the Ribeye and boy was he right.The steak was done to perfection the drinks were top notch. Our waitress done a first class job of looking after us. I believe her name was Anne Marie and would highly recommend her when we ordered desert she new it was my birthday and had the kitchen staff write Happy Birthday on the plate our bread Pudding came on.Once again kudos' to Ruths Chris Steak House for making it such an enjoyable dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!!penny22Dined on 12/30/2013We have never had a bad meal at Ruth Chris! It is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.