Ruth's Chris Steak House - Memphis
6120 Poplar Avenue, Regalia Shopping Center
Regalia Shopping Center
Memphis, TN 38119Neighborhood:
East-Bartlett / Collierville / Germantown
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Memphis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/7201/Memphis
- Phone: 9017610055
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Tim Rouzier
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Memphis, TN - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Kim Flournoy 9013596506
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Memphis
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Memphis, TN serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Memphis - Best Restaurants in East-Bartlett / Collierville / Germantown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Memphis reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (24)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (14)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- perfectjamjoDined on 10/3/2014We always enjoy Ruths Chris, but for some reason, this visit was exceptional. The staff was very attentive and friendly and the food was above reproach, we completely the entire dinner and especially the bread pudding dessert. Perfect impromptu romantic evening for us. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening of DiningbonesblesserDined on 9/29/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday. Food was great, steaks cooked to order the first time, and Darcy, our wait person was delightful. Reservation afforded us a table decorated for the birthday girl. Always enjoy the selection of wine. An excellent venue for special occasions. Strongly recommend dining at Ruth's Monday thru Wednesday between 5 - 7 pm. Noise level extremely low and undeniable wait staff support. Thanks for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CES2014Dined on 9/26/2014As always, the food was outstanding! Might have been best meal ever at a Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- PerfectionsandyDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I eat out frequently and have at times been amazed at how much you can spend for cocktails and dinner. Much of the time we are either dissapointed or not overwhelmed. We celebrated a wedding anniversary recently and everything was exceptional. It's rare when it all comes together to make a terrific experience. Warmly greeted, rose petals on the table, Our server, Jessica, was outstanding, and then there was the food...our expectations were exceeded. Everything was perfect. Jessica is exactly who a restaurant should hope to have on staff. She is a pro. Thanks for making our evening special and worth every penny.
- BEST FOOD IN MEMPHIS, TNLUVGREATFOODVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our food and service was exceptional. The servers were friendly and attentive and the overall dining experience was outstanding. One of the greatest compliments a restaurant could ever have came from the busboy. His comment was that Ruth Chris Memphis was the best place he had ever worked. Everyone got along and worked well together including the managers, servers and kitchen staff. When the staff is happy, the customers will be as well.Special Features:
- Great valueAnnieDined on 8/11/2014The bar menu choices are excellent and the value is terrificSpecial Features:
- Best Steak in MemphisBizDoctorVIPDined on 8/1/2014We have dined at Ruth's Chris all over the country and our Memphis restaurant is among the best. As usual, the steaks were AWESOME!!! Cooked in an 1800 degree oven and served on sizzling 500 degree plates, they just melt in your mouth. Our sides of Onion Rings and Sautéed Spinach were excellent accompaniments to our steaks and the 500 Acre wine, bottled exclusively for Ruth's Chris, was outstanding. Steve, our server and Kevin, the General Manager, went ABOVE and BEYOND in checking to assure there were no allergic ingredients (nuts and crustaceans); an effort we truly appreciated and commend them for the special attention in that area. If you want steak, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND Ruth's Chris as the best steak house in Memphis!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always.BobboDined on 7/29/2014The filet is cooked to absolute perfection, and the bread pudding is amazing. Chef's specials for in season fresh ingredients, and impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual DiningtreatyourselfDined on 7/29/2014My wife and I enjoyed the meal but both agreed that it is pricey. No better steak in Memphis and the side dishes are excellent as well. Service is attentive and the menu is broad but be prepared to pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lightingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014The ambiance was nice but the lighting was very dim.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceBadakitaDined on 7/19/2014Between the service and the food, you can't go wrong. Definitely will go back when in MemphisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!Srdmomof3Dined on 7/19/2014We went for a special occasion - my son got his Eagle in scouts. There was a card on the table congratulating him for his achievement. Our server and the manager both came by and told him what a big deal that was. My daughter ordered something that was not good, they immediately replaced it with something else and the manager came and apologized as well. Great place!Special Features:
- Great!!!!AlsoChrisDined on 7/11/2014As always awesome food and impeccable service. I've always had a great experience at Ruth Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth ChrisLynda1851Dined on 7/6/2014I love this restaurant - I have eaten here many times and each time it is perfect. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Consistent Good FoodShepDined on 6/28/2014I eat all over the world and love steaks. Recently a number of new top-tier chain steakhouses have opened up in Memphis. None of them can hold a candle to Ruth Chris when it comes to side dishes and desserts. Steaks are pretty much all the same at these types of restaurants.Special Features:
- The following 284 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Memphis reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Good restaurant for special celebration dining. Friendly and attentive service. The order of medallions w/shrimp had one of the medallions of not top quality beef. Side dishes very good and the lobster mac n' cheese comes highly recommended. This particular menu item is large serving and wait staff provided good "take-home" containers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favoriteJeremyDined on 6/21/2014The food is always great. I will be back soon. My goal is to try everything on the menu.Special Features:
- OutstandingLesa901Dined on 6/15/2014This is a model for how all your restaurants should be. We had a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointing EveningInsuranceDudeVIPDined on 6/14/2014Table of 6 on a busy Saturday night. Poor service overwhelmed the experience. Too many steak restaurants within a block to make that many mistakes.Special Features:
- Not what you'd hope fortryityoulllikeitDined on 6/12/2014I had only been to one other Ruth's Chris (in Phoenix) for a dinner meeting. It had been about 9 years and I wanted to take my wife as an excuse to go somewhere really nice for dinner - a place we wouldn't normally go due to cost (not cause we can't afford it, to be less "spendy"). I suppose it is all about expectations: I don't expect a 5$ sandwich to knock my socks off but if it does, I am pretty happy; I expect a $50 dinner to be perfect - perfect temperature, perfect textures, perfects combinations and served with perfect timing and top notch service...and if it isn't, I am disappointed. This was disappointing. Although cooked well, my steak was under-seasoned and over-buttered (I have cooked better on the grill). Won't go back, ever.Special Features:
- excellent steak housedavidpDined on 6/6/2014Ruth chris did it again, you always get a great steak and a delicious meal, this place knows exactly how to cook the steak and take care of the customer. this is the steak house to go to if you are in memphisSpecial Features:
- very romanticjonesgirl1Dined on 6/6/2014I took my husband here and the vibe was lovely. I would most definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMemphisguyDined on 6/1/2014I consider myself a steak snob and I have to say the ribeye I had was one of the best steaks I have ever had the pleasure of eating.Special Features:
- Never DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014As always, Ruth's Chris sets the bar for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Have eaten a several Ruth's Chris before. This venue did not keep pace in either food or service. Continually had to ask for needed side plates, silverware, etc. Steak was sent back twice before it was cooked as requested. Everyone has a bad day and this was there's.Special Features:
- Great serviceRoseDined on 5/3/2014Our food was delicious and our waiter, David, was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth VisitingAmazingDined on 5/3/2014I enjoyed the friendly staff and great food at Ruth Chris. This is definitely a give star resturant that everyone should try. The old saying goes you get what you pay for well the money was well worth spending here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as expected.RobbinsVIPDined on 4/21/2014Consistency in food and service best describe Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, As AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2014This is our family's favorite restaurant to go to for a special occasion. We think Ruth's is outstanding, and this night was no exception. The food was cooked as requested, was served piping hot, and was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOOTHING AND CALMDELIGHTFULDined on 4/12/2014JUST WENT FOR AN EVENING ALONE TO HAVE A LIGHT DINNER. IT WAS SO SOOTHING AND CALM. THE ATMOSPHERE WAS GREAT. I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE. FOOD WAS TERRIFIC. AS USUAL, YOU SHOULD NEVER LEAVE WITHOUT HAVING THEIR CREME BRULEE. IT'S THE BEST IN THE CITY.Special Features:
- SPECIAL OCCASION TREATDELIGHTFULDined on 4/11/2014WE WENT TO VISIT AND CELEBRATE MY FRIENDS BIRTHDAY. HE HAS NEVER BEEN TO RUTH CHRIS BUT I HAVE ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS. I HAVE TO SAY, THEY WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND MY EXPECTATIONS. FOOD WAS TERRIFIC AND THE SERVICE AWESOME. IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO HAVE SONIA SERVE YOU, THEN YOU'RE IN FOR A TREAT. HER ASSISTANT HEATHER WAS AWESOME AS WELL. FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS, YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO GO ANYWHERE ELSE BUT HERE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicePastorJDined on 4/10/2014The waiter's and waitress on how they services were beautiful and how they work well together. Another thing I notice on attentive on when I added how it was my wife's birthday and our 22nd wedding anniversary. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the food was marvelous. The prices were a little steep but they made the prices go away cause of the love I have for my wife. Thanks for keeping her smiling for her and our Special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks!JoanDined on 4/10/2014We have enjoyed Ruth's Chris in various cities all over the country and have never been disappointed. We always split the large filet and two sides (potatoes au gratin and spinach au gratin). The Memphis location is nicely situated with ample parking. It makes for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerDisappointingVIPDined on 4/4/2014We were treated with such professionalism by all the staff, in particular Darcie who waited our table. It was a great night. The food was perfect. Go for the Lobster. It's a bit pricey but prepared with perfection. The wine pairings were awesome as well. Thanks to all who made our evening out a very special one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Ruth for SteakHurricaneGalDined on 4/2/2014Everything was perfect. Love the Spicy Lobster. Just wish they would have Banana pie all year roundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/29/2014You'll not find a more consistent product and dining experience as Ruth's Chris. While it may seem uninspired at points, such as cheese glopped onto creamed spinach, you'll at least get a steak expertly cooked, perfect time after time. The wait staff is smart and articulate, well trained pros. With expensive steak houses popping up all over, this is one place that hasn't even flinched. I don't think they even have to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had not dined at Ruth ChrisScarlettDined on 3/25/2014We had not dined at Ruth Chris in some time but had always had a good experience. Not so this time. We had to ask for dinner menus and service was slow. My husband ordered a salad which apparently the waitress did not hear. She apologized for the error but then argued with him about it. When the food was brought to the table the server was uncertain of where to place it. I'm sure we will try again but not anytime soon.Special Features:
- DisappointedBizDoctorVIPDined on 3/20/2014Disappointed... Guess that's what I get for ordering Scallops and Rissotto in a Great Steak restaurant. Still believe its the BEST steak in Memphis. So I will be back.
- The usual Ruth's ChrisFencingDuoDined on 3/16/2014Very nice, even though a chain. Consistently good steaks and top notch service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable anniversaryAja77Dined on 3/7/2014My parents took us for our 17th anniversary. We had a wonderful time and the food was delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.