Ruth's Chris Steak House - Louisville
6100 Dutchman's Lane
Kaden Tower, 16th Floor
Louisville, KY 40205Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Louisville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3829/Louisville
- Phone: (502) 479-0026
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Petruso
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Louisville, KY - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Jana Bassett 5024790026
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Louisville
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Louisville, KY serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Louisville - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Louisville reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)scenic view (32)romantic (21)notable wine list (15)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Night OutGregDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I had a great evening at Ruth's Chris in Louisville, KY. This was our first time at this restaurant. I had the Bone in Filet and my wife had the Bone in Ribeye both were excellent. The Blue Crab appetizer was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our anniversary.GJ12Dined on 11/14/2014First let me say it is one of our favorites to dine. BUT after having a reservation for a month we were seated next to a young couple and two small children. It was our anniversary and my husbands last day of work before retiring. We wanted our usual quiet calm dinner at RC. We're grandparents and love our children but we were not happy with the situation. It's a lovely place and we will go back. It was just an emotional day and the last thing we wanted was someone else's children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak anywhere!jdo1reviewDined on 11/6/2014Ruth's Chris is the only place to have steak out...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just delicious!RKS612VIPDined on 11/5/2014Excellent service by Tracy, outstanding food and drink, nice acknowledgement of our anniversary with a special dessert. Love this restaurant every time! Filet and lamb chops exceptional!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerluv2dineVIPDined on 11/1/2014We go to this restaurant quite often. It's very pleasant with a friendly staff. Food and service were good with the exception of the broccoli au gratin which was a skimpy portion with a watery cheese sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulMelloDined on 10/24/2014This may be the worst Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in the entire chain. Any further comment isn't worth my time or yours. If you want a steak in Louisville try Morton's or Ruby's...they seem to actually care about their customers dining experience.
- Did not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The first time my wife and I visited the Louisville restaurant. We both enjoyed our dining experience very much. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our steak was prepared exactly the way we ordered it. I would recommend this establishment for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David TDomeVIPDined on 10/17/2014Service fantastic and professional, however on two occasions/visits, Cold AC that is blowing on patrons, Food- experienced filets loaded with gristle/ excess fat inconsistencies.... Overall Food Quality seems to have degraded.Special Features:
- A little disappointedFoodisgoodDined on 10/8/2014For the first time in all of my visits my steak was not great, largely due to the fact that they did not cook it quite enough - I should have sent it back but then I'd be eating alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoritePc1029VIPDined on 10/2/2014Delicious as always! Everyone had a steak or the stuffed chicken & the two that had never been before, we're very impressed with the tenderness & quality. Tried the spicy fingerling potatoes, sweet potato casserole, mushrooms, creamed spinach & lobster Mac & cheese. All extremely good! Most had the strawberry salad & a few had the cheesecake dessert. Can't go wrong with anything!! Love it!Special Features:
- a great place for special occasionsstevelDined on 9/28/2014As always, exceptional steaks and sides. A treat that we enjoy quite a lot several times a year.Special Features:
- steakloverDined on 9/20/2014Not the best Ruth's Chris experience that I have had. Food was average for a fine dinning establishment. Morton's is a better quality in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for qualityLovestodineVIPDined on 8/30/2014Have been a long time Ruth's Chris fan, go about 6 times plus a year. Two out of the last three visits the meal was good, but jot outstanding for the price. Steak was cooked to order, but almost had a sour taste. The blue cheese dressing was different then just 2 weeks prior. I usually say they have the best blue cheese dressing ever, not this time. Drinks are superb, atmosphere wonderful. Just hasn't been up to par recently. Will probably try somewhere different for specialty steaks for a whole.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014The experience was very special! There was a "special" dessert provided which was a very nice touch and very appreciated. The offer and then the presentation of a picture to have as a remembrance was also unexpected and a very nice touch. We enjoyed the dinner and the experience very much. We noticed other celebrants on the nite we were there. Food was excellent, as expected!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColdKyRoamerDined on 8/23/2014This was our third and last time there. The room is always miserably cold. They could hang meat in the dining room. It could three asks and 90 minutes to get the air conditioning tamed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014excellent food. cocktails extremely pricey. definatly a good view at night . a perfect place for a special occation.Special Features:
- Ruth ChrisHis1ndONLYDined on 8/23/2014It was amazing well the service was the food wasn't what I expected but I was pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return dinner guestsLadysaddlerDined on 8/20/2014We have always had a good experience here when we visit Louisville. We have dined at other Ruth Chris Steakhouses but this one is our favorite. This time we were joined by 6 other guests and they too were pleased with the food and our server, HeidiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent date night experiencepapawsdateniteDined on 8/18/2014The service was impecable, the food exquisite, the total experience was just amazing. Thank you for a perfect dinner date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs UpB101Dined on 8/16/2014Dining here is a good experience. But make sure you have a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreezingLouFoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food. Good service if a bit too scripted and impersonal. But the temperature in the restaurant made us so miserable we could hardly enjoy it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Had a great meal as always. Great wine the service could have been a little fasterSpecial Features:
- Outstanding steak-OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Christopher was our waiter and he did a tremendous job. As usual, great place to eat.Special Features:
- PeggyChipVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great food, great service as always Heidi was a wonderful server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VickyVickyDined on 8/3/2014Food was excellent as usual! Jeremy and Nathan did a great job! Very informative about the menu. All if our needs were met, and every plate was empty! Thanks for making my son's 13th birthday special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperiencelovegreatdiningDined on 8/2/2014My husband & I went for our anniversary dinner & we could not have been MORE delighted! From the moment we arrived we were taken very good care of! It was a Very memorable experience! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food -- Horible ServiceegtpDined on 8/2/2014We have been to Ruth's Chris numerous times all very good. We will be back, however we hope we never have our particular server again. He was oveerwhelmed and never could catch up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 358 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Louisville reviews archive.
- Luv2eatVIPDined on 7/22/2014Wonderful meal & Tracy was the best! Celebrated my B-Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDottieDined on 7/19/2014The food was exceptional,the service 5 stars, servers were very attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and ordinary serviceDEParkVIPDined on 7/18/2014Food was good. Prices too high and service ordinary. Not a great experience.Special Features:
- PriceDined on 7/13/2014If you want a great steak and and a nice atmosphere..This is the right placeSpecial Features:
- PhenomenalMikeVIPDined on 7/13/2014Don't know how it could have been better. Ted, our waiter added to the enjoyment. It was flawless and the food was ridiculously good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the moneyfabulousDined on 7/9/2014My husband and I went to Ruth's Chris to celebrate our anniversary. They treated us so well and the service was impeccable. The food was amazing and prepared exactly how we ordered it! It's pricey, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Steak with a view!JohnnyZDined on 6/19/2014Great food with penthouse view! Always quality at reasonable price! Thanks for bringing back the banana dessert! Great anniversary dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Damon the waiter was awesomeDateNightCoupleVIPDined on 6/16/2014Always a favorite, love coming to Ruth Chris But this trip was special and our waiter made it all worth it. Damon was great - food was awesome. Great visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyBobbysreviewsDined on 6/14/2014Our waiter was Nancy and she was extremely friendly and courteous. Wonderful experience for me and my out of town guest from Georgia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014After eating at one in Sarasota I thought the one at home would be a great place to take wife for anniversary but it was not. Neither of our steaks were all that good for the price. Filet was tough and gristly.Special Features:
- Gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2014We were celebrating a birthday. The appetizers were mediocre and the entrees were worse. They offered a complimentary special dessert for the birthday and all my husband wanted was a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream. The waitress said that would be fine but we would have to pay for the ice cream. The bill was $300 which included a $100 bottle of wine. Pretty disappointing! This restaurant has always been a favorite.Special Features:
- Our favorite steak houseBackAgainVIPDined on 6/1/2014Living in Lexington, we've noted a deterioration of the quality of "upper-end" steak houses, prices remain high and quality has plummeted. For that reason, we find it necessary and satisfying to make the 75 minute drive to Ruth's Chris Steak House in Louisville. This time, as always, our experience made the trip worthwhile. Our rib eyes were superb and cooked EXACTLY as ordered (for my family; "Pittsburghed" rare to medium rare; a most difficult doneness to achieve). The service was attentive without being distracting and the venue is attractive and "special". This occasion was for a combination wedding anniversary and 21st birthday of our son. If not for the distance, we wouldn't need a special occasion to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014I thought the food was very average. Not worth the money for the quality of the food.