Ruth's Chris Steak House - Louisville
6100 Dutchman's Lane
Kaden Tower, 16th Floor
Louisville, KY 40205Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Louisville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3829/Louisville
- Phone: 5024790026
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Petruso
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Louisville, KY - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Jana Bassett 5024790026
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Louisville
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Louisville, KY serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Louisville - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Louisville reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)scenic view (36)romantic (23)notable wine list (16)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Too expensive for qualityLovestodineVIPDined on 8/30/2014Have been a long time Ruth's Chris fan, go about 6 times plus a year. Two out of the last three visits the meal was good, but jot outstanding for the price. Steak was cooked to order, but almost had a sour taste. The blue cheese dressing was different then just 2 weeks prior. I usually say they have the best blue cheese dressing ever, not this time. Drinks are superb, atmosphere wonderful. Just hasn't been up to par recently. Will probably try somewhere different for specialty steaks for a whole.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014The experience was very special! There was a "special" dessert provided which was a very nice touch and very appreciated. The offer and then the presentation of a picture to have as a remembrance was also unexpected and a very nice touch. We enjoyed the dinner and the experience very much. We noticed other celebrants on the nite we were there. Food was excellent, as expected!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColdKyRoamerDined on 8/23/2014This was our third and last time there. The room is always miserably cold. They could hang meat in the dining room. It could three asks and 90 minutes to get the air conditioning tamed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014excellent food. cocktails extremely pricey. definatly a good view at night . a perfect place for a special occation.Special Features:
- Ruth ChrisHis1ndONLYDined on 8/23/2014It was amazing well the service was the food wasn't what I expected but I was pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return dinner guestsLadysaddlerDined on 8/20/2014We have always had a good experience here when we visit Louisville. We have dined at other Ruth Chris Steakhouses but this one is our favorite. This time we were joined by 6 other guests and they too were pleased with the food and our server, HeidiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent date night experiencepapawsdateniteDined on 8/18/2014The service was impecable, the food exquisite, the total experience was just amazing. Thank you for a perfect dinner date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs UpB101Dined on 8/16/2014Dining here is a good experience. But make sure you have a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreezingLouFoodieDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food. Good service if a bit too scripted and impersonal. But the temperature in the restaurant made us so miserable we could hardly enjoy it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Had a great meal as always. Great wine the service could have been a little fasterSpecial Features:
- Outstanding steak-OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Christopher was our waiter and he did a tremendous job. As usual, great place to eat.Special Features:
- PeggyChipVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great food, great service as always Heidi was a wonderful server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VickyVickyDined on 8/3/2014Food was excellent as usual! Jeremy and Nathan did a great job! Very informative about the menu. All if our needs were met, and every plate was empty! Thanks for making my son's 13th birthday special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperiencelovegreatdiningDined on 8/2/2014My husband & I went for our anniversary dinner & we could not have been MORE delighted! From the moment we arrived we were taken very good care of! It was a Very memorable experience! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food -- Horible ServiceegtpDined on 8/2/2014We have been to Ruth's Chris numerous times all very good. We will be back, however we hope we never have our particular server again. He was oveerwhelmed and never could catch up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 7/22/2014Wonderful meal & Tracy was the best! Celebrated my B-Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDottieDined on 7/19/2014The food was exceptional,the service 5 stars, servers were very attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and ordinary serviceDEParkVIPDined on 7/18/2014Food was good. Prices too high and service ordinary. Not a great experience.Special Features:
- PriceDined on 7/13/2014If you want a great steak and and a nice atmosphere..This is the right placeSpecial Features:
- PhenomenalMikeVIPDined on 7/13/2014Don't know how it could have been better. Ted, our waiter added to the enjoyment. It was flawless and the food was ridiculously good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the moneyfabulousDined on 7/9/2014My husband and I went to Ruth's Chris to celebrate our anniversary. They treated us so well and the service was impeccable. The food was amazing and prepared exactly how we ordered it! It's pricey, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Steak with a view!JohnnyZDined on 6/19/2014Great food with penthouse view! Always quality at reasonable price! Thanks for bringing back the banana dessert! Great anniversary dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Damon the waiter was awesomeDateNightCoupleDined on 6/16/2014Always a favorite, love coming to Ruth Chris But this trip was special and our waiter made it all worth it. Damon was great - food was awesome. Great visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyBobbysreviewsDined on 6/14/2014Our waiter was Nancy and she was extremely friendly and courteous. Wonderful experience for me and my out of town guest from Georgia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014After eating at one in Sarasota I thought the one at home would be a great place to take wife for anniversary but it was not. Neither of our steaks were all that good for the price. Filet was tough and gristly.Special Features:
- Gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2014We were celebrating a birthday. The appetizers were mediocre and the entrees were worse. They offered a complimentary special dessert for the birthday and all my husband wanted was a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream. The waitress said that would be fine but we would have to pay for the ice cream. The bill was $300 which included a $100 bottle of wine. Pretty disappointing! This restaurant has always been a favorite.Special Features:
- Our favorite steak houseBackAgainVIPDined on 6/1/2014Living in Lexington, we've noted a deterioration of the quality of "upper-end" steak houses, prices remain high and quality has plummeted. For that reason, we find it necessary and satisfying to make the 75 minute drive to Ruth's Chris Steak House in Louisville. This time, as always, our experience made the trip worthwhile. Our rib eyes were superb and cooked EXACTLY as ordered (for my family; "Pittsburghed" rare to medium rare; a most difficult doneness to achieve). The service was attentive without being distracting and the venue is attractive and "special". This occasion was for a combination wedding anniversary and 21st birthday of our son. If not for the distance, we wouldn't need a special occasion to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014I thought the food was very average. Not worth the money for the quality of the food.
- The following 340 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Louisville reviews archive.
- every bite was perfectionPreferLocalDined on 5/11/2014It's shocking that this restaurant is a chain because everything about it is perfect. The service is always impeccable, and every bite of the filet and sides were divine! It's a guaranteed delicious meal every single time!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerAnniversaryDined on 4/30/2014My wife and I have made RC's our destination of choice for our yearly celebration. It seems that every year the steaks are $3-5 bucks more and drop in quality the same amount.... Never can get a perfectly cooked steak here! I had a Ribeye the other at Longhorn (the Lomghorn Ribeye) that was everything I wanted my Ruth Chris's Ribeye to be, but wasn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialLisaDined on 4/27/2014Reserved a table for ten to celebrate my Dad's 80th Birthday! From the moment we arrived, everything was perfect! Service was impeccable and the food outstanding. Worth every penny! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFlavorableDined on 4/23/2014I have never experienced the type of service I received from Ruth Chris. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure satisfaction from their patrons. Again Great Job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party greater than 4OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014If you go with a party greater than 4, I suggest bring your patience.. The food was delicious but we had a party of 6 and the food took extra long to prepare. We did take a count for that. Everything else was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flawless ExperienceMarioDined on 4/19/2014From the lobster bisque to the petite filets, creamed spinach and lobster mac and cheese, we couldn't have had a more delicious and perfect experience. The wait staff was attentive (but not too attentive), the view was spectacular and the food couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- Great mealSteveDDined on 3/29/2014We attended with our kids (10 & 12) and another couple. The steaks were excellent and well prepared. Our server George took great care of our needs. He was attentive without being ever present. He was also very good with the kids as well as the adults. George was a big part of our enjoyment of the meal. We will definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Ruth's Birthdayluv2dineVIPDined on 3/22/2014We are regulars at our local Ruth's Chris. Service is always good and was again this time with Christopher. The steak is ALWAYS delicious and tender which is why we return time after time. And, the atmosphere at the top of the Frank Lloyd Wright building is tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar table deal!Pc1029VIPDined on 3/21/2014Five friends celebrating a birthday asked for a bar table and we sat at a small bar height corner table. It was a little crowded with all the food and drinks, but we really enjoyed the casual, fun atmosphere. They offered happy hour specials on food and drink in the bar until 6:30, so we all took advantage of that and had some delicious food for a great deal. I had the fried lobster bites in a spicy sauce over lettuce, similar to bang bang shrimp at Bonefish, and ahi tuna with lots of cucumber, which was very good and very filling. Everyone said their meals/appetizers were great and then we received a complimentary dessert to share for the birthday girl. Wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fine experience!bperkVIPDined on 3/20/2014I make it a point to visit Ruth's in Louisville every time I'm in town. It is one of the finest restaurants in the chain. Food and service are always top notch. Never disappointed!Special Features:
- Great Filet; great service;Maui1stTimerDined on 3/16/2014Great Filet; great service; great aerial view of st matthews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMikeDined on 3/12/2014We had birthday celebration with picture taken by waitress. Service, food and ambiance were great. It's pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.