Ruth's Chris Steak House - Lake Mary
80 Colonial Center Parkway
Lake Mary, FL 32746Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Lake Mary
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/10744/Lake-Mary
- Phone: 4078048220
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Aldo Sarmiento
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Lake Mary, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect location for your business meeting, cocktail reception, rehearsal dinner, birthday or anniversary party. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Angie McLean 8776279317
- Entertainment: We offer live entertainment in our lounge Wednesday through Saturday from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Special Events: We feature Prime Hour in our lounge Sunday through Friday, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Be sure to stop in and enjoy some sizzling specials!
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Lake Mary
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Lake Mary, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Lake Mary - Best Restaurants in Lake Mary ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Lake Mary reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)romantic (26)notable wine list (22)vibrant bar scene (17)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (6)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Romantic EveningFoodIzRHobbyDined on 8/23/2014We have had the opportunity to dine at this Ruths Chris many times. The food is consistently good and the restaurant has a romantic ambience. The staff was attentive and friendly. Our server recommended the broiled tomato to be topped with parmesean cheese - delicious! I would highly recommend this restaurant. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- End to our vacationMickyDined on 8/17/2014The staff, service and food were amazing. This was my sons first steakhouse experience and he lived it.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantShrekieDined on 8/16/2014It is always an enjoyable experience to dine here. The food, the service and the ambience is a "cut above". My only complaint would be the disrespectful way that some of the guests dress when in a fine dining restaurant. Perhaps they should eat at a fast food joint instead.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Outstanding food and service. Birthday celebration and was treated well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Greataav143Dined on 8/13/2014When you want to enjoy a great steak try the bone in filet (yes filet) wow.Special Features:
- RuckusDined on 8/2/2014Consistently, delivering great food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Special Occasion Place!ssrelaxDined on 7/26/2014Everything was absolutely perfect from the rose petals on the table to dessert plates with "Happy 40th Anniversary" written in chocolate! Lori was an excellent server--very attentive, but not overly intrusive. Steaks cooked to perfection and extremely tender. Side dishes were wonderful and desserts spectacular. Highly recommend for your special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steaksAmuraDined on 7/19/2014We were there in a group of 8 for dinner on a Saturday. We got there at 6:15 and it was great to be able to talk without all the noise and chaos that other restaurants have. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Not greatSprtlvrDined on 7/18/2014Good, not great Seating for two in middle of main room makes for rather loud surroundings -- if you are a twosome, recommend you ask for the little recessed 'alcove' booths that line the room - definitely better seating around the outside of the main room. Service excellent. Food okay - filet was rather bland, surprisingly so - my date and I both reached for the salt immediately and concurrently, no seasoning should be required, imho. Sweet potato casserole was amazing, but little pricey of a dinner to have that as a highlight. I'll go back, but it's low on the rotation at this point. Eat a lot of filet cuts...probably least flavor of any in recent memory...and not that tender, actually had to work at cutting into it...odd.
- EnjoyedCheersDined on 7/12/2014Our reservation was for 7:15pm and we were seated early very impressed with how smooth it went Claude our waiter was very attentive , as was the rest of the staff . The food was very well prepared ,served hot and in a timely manner . We was celabrating our anniversary , but will come again for dining and drinks .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Service and FoodJenPoDined on 7/6/2014When reserving, I made mention that we were celebrating our 5th anniversary. Upon arrival to our table, there were rose petals scattered on the tablecloth. A nice touch. I was greeted by name once the server arrived. She quickly got our drinks to us and promptly took our order. The food? Amazing. I had the petite filet and I dreaded taking that last bite knowing it was the end of goodness. After dinner we were told that we'd get a complimentary dessert. It came out with "Happy 5th Anniversary" on it. Another nice touch. Our server then came to our table with a camera, snapped our photo and then printed it out and gave it to us in a nice card. We've decided to make going to Ruth's Chris a tradition. They made us feel incredibly special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerFuntimefamilyDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary and were talked-into making the 40 minute drive to Ruth's Chris Steak House. We are both glad we did. I cannot say enough about the quality of the food and service. I had a large rib-eye and my wife had a filet; both were cooked perfectly and served piping hot. Our waiter, Adrian, was a delight. He was very warm, but professional and offered great suggestions from both the menu and wine lists. Our water glasses were never less than half-filled and fresh bread was delivered time and time again. The atmosphere was very comfortable, while still formal in setting. The staff arranged fresh rose petals on our table and even took a little pic of us to take home as a gift...PERFECTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShrekieDined on 6/19/2014As always, the Lake Mary store is a warm and friendly environment for upscale dining. The service is always first class and the menu offers excellent dishes at a fair price for the quality ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfecttommie33Dined on 6/15/2014Hadn't been in awhile. Everything was perfect, perfect, perfect.Special Features:
- Love this placeReddogDined on 5/25/2014This particular restaurant is one of their best! I have been to other Ruth's Chris and while they are always good, this one is especially good. The bar area is outstanding and very comfortable. The food is terrific. The dining room is very quiet -we actually could hear each other without raising our voices. The tables for 2 along the wall and housed in little covered coupoulas (sp?) are very intimate and romantic. Service is the best too. All-in-all, a great place to eat!Special Features:
- Mother's DayOrcsDined on 5/11/2014Even though it was Mother's Day the restaurant was full but not overcrowded. The staff was quick, friendly and efficient, and the Manager took time to come by our table to give my wife a rose for Mother's Day, and a coupon for our next visit which will be soon.Special Features:
- Mother's Day lunchRickyyDined on 5/11/2014Very nice for Mother's Day my wife very much enjoyed going to Ruth Chris for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere!FoodieAshleyVIPDined on 5/7/2014This is the third Ruth's Chris I've been too - and I will be back! The atmosphere was unlike the others. Everything décor wise was completely top notch. I would easily venture to say the best décor in the Lake Mary area. The food was excellent, and they have a killer happy hour deal in the bar area! I can't wait to get back to this Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- The following 219 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Lake Mary reviews archive.
- Great ambience and foodDanielVIPDined on 5/1/2014This is my favorite Ruth Chris location. I like the booths that are perfect for both a romantic evening or a business meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level loud music.MarkDined on 4/26/2014The music from the bar was excessive. Our table was in the middle of the two entrance.. I will never sit at that location again. I will leave and go elsewhere if ever forced to sit there. Sea Bass over cooked steak requested Medium Rare my daughter had to send it back because it came out Rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extraspecialDined on 4/25/2014Wonderful server. So nice. Steaks were delicious. Great evening. Graduation celebration for our son.Special Features:
- Excellent food. steak wasJackieDined on 4/12/2014Excellent food. steak was mouthwatering. The server was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectCathyVIPDined on 4/12/2014Beautiful birthday celebration. Perfect filets and ribeye. Superb service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014My husband took me here, we have been here before, to celebrate my birthday. We checked in and went to bar to wait on our table. At the bar, we sat there at least 10 minutes before any of the 3 bar tenders waited on us, but not after waiting on others that came after us. That was disappointing. Then waited another 5 minutes before receiving our drinks. We had to go check at reservation our self to see if table was ready. Finally after 10 more minutes of waiting they came and got us, to our surprise the dining room was not busy, and many booths were open and we could have been seated early or on time. Our waiter was nice, but on many occasions, we found our self having to flag him down. Food was excellent. Service needs work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak and lobster everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014First of all the best steak i ever had in my life... I love the service, i love the atmosphere the different style of sitting for various occasions. valet parking fast and efficient. i love a place where everyone smiles when they greet you..or even when they are not looking... very clean place i cant wait to go back ..Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midwest beef rocks!DrJHADined on 3/22/2014One of only a few Florida restaurants that serves real Midwestern beef that was corn fed. Sea bass was also excellent with interesting piccata sauce. This is an expensive restaurant but the quality is excellent. Staff was sensitive and accommodating for food allergy.Special Features:
- Quiet but so goodTimmyVIPDined on 3/20/2014Had to pick a decent place to treat some of our family friends and this turned out to be a great choice. The food was great, the service was great. Strange tho, the restaurant is very quiet, maybe 5 tables were filled, otherwise the place was pretty empty and quiet. The food was still amazing, the steaks were great, the sides were great and the kids at the table couldn't get their hands off the calamari so its a great place for a date, a family dinner and to simply enjoy food.Special Features:
- Wedding AnniversaryACmanDeLandDined on 3/15/2014Nick and Brittny gave us over the top service without bothering us. This was a surprise for my wife who has never been to Ruth Chris before. My wife was blown away by the service, the ambience, the rose pedals on the table. She was enjoying every minute of it which is what our Wedding Anniversary is all about. The food was amazing.... Really can not come up with anything that would have improved the ocassion. My wife is already making future plans to go back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free menu needs revisionsCeliacRNDined on 3/8/2014I have dined here many times. The new corporate gluten free menu published in FEB 2014 needs many revisions. It is filled more with what you cannot have than what you can eat, and the pricing is not clear. Most things ordered gluten free were up charges. At least there were items in all areas that were GF...my husband also enjoyed all his selections. I did relay my corns and opinions to the MOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Lovers Love It - Others, meh.AtlantaNativeVIPDined on 3/8/2014So, I caveat this review by saying that I am a red-meat lover, as are a few members of my family. However, two other members of my family are not. While we have pined to go to Ruth's Chris for special occasions as a family, we have always been rebuffed until this time. To spare the details, all members of my party enjoyed the ambiance, service, etc - 3/5 of our entourage were quite pleased with the dining end-2-end (appetizer through entree), while the other 2/5 ordered other main entrees or stuck to salad and sides. Long/short, they were not impressed when you equate the cost-value and thought that there have been other venues that offer consistently better food across the board. Needless to say we wont be inviting them anymore :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris never fails!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2014We went to celebrate my husband's birthday. The serve and food was top notch as always. Mustafa and Carlos provided excellent service and we're very welcoming.Special Features:
- Only one negative commentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014I ordered a filet medium and it arrived raw. Half of it was un-edible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicePennyDined on 2/15/2014This was our first time dining at Ruth's Chris Steak House. The service was superb. The steak was out of this world. Very pricey but worth it. I was only disappointed that the side dishes were not of the same quality as the main steak dish -- they weren't bad, but lacking in comparison. Quantity is another story. Portions are large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceMdunkDined on 2/14/2014We had two couples for Valentines Day. The food and service were outstanding despite a full house. Our waiter, Claude, was great. All meals were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed Rushed RushedrascalDined on 2/14/2014While the food was outstanding the atmosphere was chaotic and lacked little ambiance. We were disappointed. We live close by and had hoped for a better upscale dining experience.Special Features:
- DeliciousJenaqt23Dined on 2/14/2014We went here for Valentines Day and had an amazing meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerRichDined on 1/29/2014We wanted it to be a special night and it was. It started with rose petals on the table. Several members of their staff came to congratulate us on our achievement of 48 years. The wine selection list was expansive and we each felt we had chosen one of their best. The ceasar salad was perfect and not overwhelmed with dressing, the filet mignons were out of this world and the multiple desserts were decadent - as usual. We've been to several R. C's in several states over the years but this one, by far, is the best managed of them all.Special Features:
- excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/28/2014First time there, everything was awesome!! Will be returning again and again. ...Special Features:
- Another great mealPnv7304VIPDined on 1/12/2014Thanks to our servers Ms Shanon/Mr Hector for another great meal and awesome service. We had a wonderful time and the experience was spot on. Thanks to Mr David, restaurant manager, always attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Should Up Her GameEddie2Dined on 1/12/2014The dining room has nice ambience - widely spaced tables, high end décor, etc. Our waitress was friendly, but intermittently absent for long periods, such as when she forgot the anchovies for my wife's Caesar, said she'd be right back with them, but took so long my wife almost finished the salad before the server's return. On the other hand, drinks were refilled at just the right time. Appetizers & mains were solid, but nothing out of the ordinary. Desserts were a major disappointment, from the stone cold "warm bread pudding" to the choc. cake with a liquid center (still looking for that liquid center). Both seemed of the pre-made let's heat it up variety, although someone forgot that last part. Overall disappointing.Special Features: