Ruth's Chris Steak House - Lafayette
620 West Pinhook Road
Lafayette, LA 70503Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Lafayette
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3828/Lafayette
- Phone: 3372376123
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday 5:00pm - 9:30 pm, Tuesday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mike Davis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Lafayette, LA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Arceneaux 3372376123
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Lafayette
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Lafayette, LA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Lafayette - Best Restaurants in Lafayette ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Lafayette reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)romantic (18)notable wine list (14)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (5)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Always a great experience!BabslaDined on 8/4/2014Food is amazing and service is like no other! You won't regret dining at this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bigmike2Dined on 8/1/2014Everything was great! Steaks were cooked to perfection,wine recommendations were perfect and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedgp4300Dined on 7/18/2014We had a great time. Food was wonderful. Waitress was professional and friendly. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Awesome!gtcpaVIPDined on 7/18/2014Loved it all. Great food and service! One of our favorites. The crispy lobster appetizer is outstanding!Special Features:
- Great foodCyberguyDined on 7/11/2014Sweet potato casserole was great could be a dessert with ice cream and Mac and cheese with lobster was delicioysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip lobster!VickiDined on 7/9/2014Table setting sparkling as was the service! Filet cooked to perfection as always, but my dinner companion would skip the lobster next go around. It was dry and without much flavor. The Crabtini appetizer on the other hand was fresh, cold and wonderful! Nice presentation of dark chocolate bark w/peach topped cheesecake for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just SteakBraveheartDined on 6/20/2014The steaks here are fantastic, however the seafood too is really great !!Special Features:
- Outstanding ServersCajunlawyerDined on 6/20/2014Had a tandem of two outstanding servers who clearly enjoyed the job and kept us smiling the whole evening. Food was top quality as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cajuncrumbsDined on 6/6/2014Wonderful food and attentive staff. Always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationCarolDined on 6/1/2014We were celebrating our grand daughter and boyfriend's birthday.We all ordered the crabtinee which is the best. Large chunks of crabmeat with a delicious sauce. Our grand daughter ordered Sea Bass which she said was very very good. Her boyfriend and my husband and I ordered steaks which was excellent. We also ate cream spinach, garlic mash potatoes and asparagus. We also had excellent red wine. LaCrema. Our grand daughter and boyfriend were served an excellent dessert compliments of Ruth Chris. My husband and I had Creme Brulet. It was a wonderful evening. The service was perfect. It is always a very special and pleasant evening when we go to Ruth Chris'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!CarolDined on 5/31/2014Excellent meal, as always and waitstaff was superb. It was a special family birthday celebration and an outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the quality I expected..MarcyA1Dined on 5/24/2014I have eaten the same meal at this Ruth's Chris at least three times now and every time it has been disappointing. The classic steak and lobster. While the filet its ok, the lobster is always very tough and overcooked. I thought it was just a one-off thing but it has happened every time so my recommendation is to order anything else. I will probably not order of their Ruth's Classics menu in the future. The main a lla carte items seem to be better prepared or at least prepared with some attention. Service was top-notch as expected.Special Features:
- The following 89 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Lafayette reviews archive.
- Perfect steaksKnottyDined on 4/18/2014Food was delicious. Cooked to perfection. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Very Special EveningCarolDined on 4/12/2014The food was outstanding. We ordered the Large Filet Medium which couldn't have been any better. Creamed Spinach and Shoestring Potatoes were also very good. We were too full to eat dessert but we have eaten their desserts in the past and they are always very good. Service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceCreoleCoupleDined on 3/29/2014my dinner date and I felt harassed ..... multiple waiters and waitresses came over, almost every 3 minutes to grab plates that we were still eating off of!!!! Very disappointing
- ReservationsKevinDined on 3/8/2014This establishment is terrible at keeping a reservation time or keeping tract of you for you reservation time. They like to send you to the bar and either forget about you or push others ahead of you. This happens every time I go there. And then they blame it on each other. Don't bother making a reservation just stay in their face begging or know them and they will push you ahead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatKATZVIPDined on 2/24/2014Consistently delicious with outstanding service. Always a pleasure to eat there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic getawayTrellDined on 2/14/2014I'll give this restaurant 2 thumbs up, the food, service And ambiance was great. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love <3sjdelDined on 2/7/2014This place has become our second home for many reasons, i.e., best steaks in the world, best service(Marie) in the world, best bartender in the world(Joey), beautiful restaurant and bar. They really make you feel special here :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatLftdinerDined on 1/24/2014We always have a wonderful meal at Ruth's Chris. The waitstaff is great and the food and wine are superb!Special Features:
- As always fantasticKATZVIPDined on 1/21/2014The Lafayette Ruth's is the best in the system. Patrick does a fantastic job of keeping food quality and service 5 star.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was great.cletusDined on 1/10/2014Food and service was great. It was a little loud. A bigger bar area would help accommodate the people waiting on a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually greatLftdinerDined on 1/4/2014My husband and I love Ruth Chris, this visit was a little disappointing. The food came out a little burnt and service could have been a lot better. Overall this visit was a miss but usually everything is amazing. I would still recommend this restaurant, they just had an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a homerunNolatigerDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I enjoy fine dining and good casual dining and consider ourselves 'educated foodies.' When we are in the mood for a good steakhouse, Ruth's Chris is always a home run. There is just nothing like a perfectly cooked medium rare filet piping hot in sizzling butter. This was our first experience at this location and it met all expectations. I have been disappointed since Ruth's went all corporate and have found some locations have lost their luster. The Lafayette location felt like it was locally run and managed and the staff from greeting to dessert was very helpful and accommodating. We will return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!CarolDined on 12/28/2013Had requested a nice table to celebrate anniversary and when we arrived we were greeted with a "Happy Anniversary," and promptly shown to a well-located booth. Server Jennifer was friendly, efficient and did not hover. Everything we ordered was absolute perfection from the excellent Chop Salad to the perfectly cooked and flavorful filets, asparagus and potatoes. The creme brûlée was incredible, as usual. We have always enjoyed our meals at Ruth's but this one was exceptional and memorable. Thanks to all who made it so. Only negative comment would be that we were neither visited nor acknowledged by host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas at Ruth'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Some problems because of being Christmas night. Reservations for 7 p.m. Was not seated until about 7:45. Had 3 children with us so made evening too late with the little ones. Some confusion with orders. Checks came before dessert. Mashed potatoes and spinach served at room temperature. Asked for additional drinks three times befor we got them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris has done it Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/25/2013The wait staff here is outstanding! Your every wish is their command! The food is prepared beyond compare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak periodTimicheDined on 12/25/2013I really don't think there is any competition . Best filet hands downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place to get a steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2013Dined here Christmas eve with family. We had an outstanding meal from appetizers to dessert. We also had super martinis and a delicious Pinot Noir "Meomi". This restaurant never disappoints.Special Features:
- Always outstandingKATZVIPDined on 12/9/2013One of the finest Ruth's in the whole chain. The food and service is always superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationMrgor55Dined on 11/18/2013We had eaten here one month earlier. The service was spectacular and Jennifer our waitress was on top of everything. We each ordered meat, I a petit filet and my son a filet oscar. Both were cooked perfectly medium rare and we left nothing on the plates. I started with the crab cocktail very nice and my son had a Caesar salad. My pre meal martini was prepared just the way I like it and perfectly cold. My son had a beer. I ordered a glass of St Supery cab with the meat and it was timely served just as the steak arrived. An overall wonderful, high quality experience we will definitely go back. Mark Goracy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the bestKATZVIPDined on 11/11/2013I have eaten at Ruth's Chris across the country and Lafayette is always the best. Patrick and his staff do an extraordinary job of maintaining the highest standards for food quality and service. Always a dining pleasure to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteaksStevoDined on 11/1/2013Steaks were better than usual(usual is very good to excellent). Enjoyable evening at a venerable southwest Louisiana eating establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Count on it !Higg3Dined on 10/31/2013We have been dining at Ruth's Chris for over 30 years +........ Some things just get better with age !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Service and FoodMondaySuitDined on 10/24/2013The experience is always great at Ruth Chris, Lafayette!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where they know your nameEdwardDined on 10/20/2013My wife and I are always impressed. We think of it as our clubhouse. They know your name, what wine you prefer, what waitstaff you enjoy and where you like to sit. It's a comfortable setting where we can meet friends, bring the family, or enjoy a romantic dinner. We love the food and the wine. It's our dining home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodCyberguyDined on 10/11/2013Lobster was great food niece and hot service greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!MeShellDined on 10/5/2013Tyler was our waiter. He was great. The manager did come by quickly to say hello! Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningBillDined on 10/5/2013My wife and I picked Ruth's for our 30th anniversary. The staff really made us feel special. Wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BirthdayMikeDined on 10/5/2013MY family and I made a reservation with Opentable online. I t could not have been more perfect. We had an 80 year old grandmother celebrating a birthday. I ordered flowers via Opentable and they were there on time and perfect. We also had two in our party that have gluten free alergies which I mentioned in the reservation. There on our table were GF menues and our waiter was GF (on purpose I think) and knew all we needed to know for a perfect meal. The birthday desert for our 80 year old grandmother was the topping on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.