Ruth's Chris Steak House - Knoxville
950 Volunteer Landing Lane
Knoxville, TN 37915Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Knoxville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/16519/Knoxville
- Phone: 8655464696
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Terry Saunders
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Knoxville, TN - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more. For more information please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Shawna Frazier 8655464696
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Knoxville
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Knoxville, TN serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Knoxville - Best Restaurants in Knoxville ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Knoxville reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)scenic view (21)romantic (16)great for outdoor dining (15)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (13)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- steve37919Dined on 10/26/2014love coming here, food is always out standing. service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014We made reservations to Ruth's Chris to celebrate a life achievement of two people. The steak and sides were great. Dessert was lacking, but you go for the steak so that's understandable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris, KnoxvilleBillBDined on 10/8/2014Excellent restaurant for special occasions. We had a birthday celebration. Awesome steaks, service, and ambience.Special Features:
- The Gold StandardJCobb007Dined on 10/5/2014My wife and I have been to Ruth's Chris locations all over the country and the Knoxville location stands above the rest. I will let my wife relate the horrible experience she recently had at the Coral Gables, FL location where she is currently working on a project. We always request Steve as our waiter at the Knoxville location because of his next level attention to detail in attending to our dining needs. Roland, Paul, Shawna, and Charles do an outstanding job of delivering a high quality product. Look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/1/2014Always consistent with food and service. Recommend this for groups or romantic dinners.Special Features:
- steak overcookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Had reservations with open table and was surprised to be placed in hot sun on deck , sun in eyes, no breeze, not good with all wool siut and tie,etc. Steak overcooked. sevice average. Expect more from Ruth Chris.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodNotawinesnobDined on 9/25/2014Excellent food as usual...especially the filets. Wine not so good...glass of Silver Oak is what I ordered. Got to the table late but was light and fruity. The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that I did not get the correct wine. Mentioned to one of the waiters. Nothing.Special Features:
- great service but food was middlingJimmyLDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I went out for a date here the other night. Our server Steve and the manager were both amazing! The problem was that my wife order the filets and shrimp medium rare. The first set came out medium well. The second set came out medium. So when the manager came around and asked about our meals I told him the issue. He promptly apologizes and comps her meal and gives a dessert. Plus he makes another order for her that were actually medium rate to go. Now they were very nice but I expect a steak house to know how to get temperatures correct the first time and occasionally need a mulligan but two is ridiculous. Just to be fair I am a harsh critic and rarely like to get steak at a restaurant because I feel I do an amazing job on my ownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the Price!RichardBDined on 9/10/2014The menu prices are out of control, although the food is very good, unless you are on an expense account it s now over the top. Dinner for a couple with modest wine and tip will approach $250. The service was average, at best. The condition of the building is lacking, our booth had a 6" tear in the seat cushion, the window coverings were off their hook, and rest room was below average. There better options in Knoxville!Special Features:
- Please ImproveamosDined on 9/6/2014I think the servers should be more polished and professional.Special Features:
- Special OccasionLuvfiletsDined on 9/3/2014Since Regas closed down Ruth's Chris has become our favorite spot for a special occasion , like our anniversary or to celebrate a major accomplishment ! You can't beat their filets!Special Features:
- Special OccasionCelebrationDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I went for our 24th wedding anniversary, and they made it feel very special and treated us like royalty. The staff is professional, and they go out of their way to make your dining experience unforgettable. We will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service Makes it SpecialVegasjoe57VIPDined on 8/18/2014We enjoyed awesome filet mignon as usual, with all 4 of us getting slightly different iterations of Ruth's Chop House salad: one with goat instead of blue cheese, another with shaved parmesan, and a third without mushrooms. All were happy and the lobster macaroni was a perfect compliment for the the beef and sauteed spinaci. THe Silver Oak rounded out the food fest we enjoyed so much until they surprised us with a wonderful dessert sampler and port becasue they had forgotten an ahi appetizer our guest had ordered in the heat of the moment of serving up plentiful wine. Great food and service equals lasting memories.Special Features:
- Great for Special Occasion.luvtwoeat2Dined on 8/17/2014My husband enjoyed our meal here. Our waiter was outstanding. We got crab crakes, filet, lobster tail, and boned in NY strip. We both believe the filet was better than the NY strip. My husband was not a fan of the salty butter on the steak. The bread they sever is very good. The location is on the river. They have a nice patio for outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, good steaksDinTNDined on 7/26/2014All three members of our party ordered a filet, Ruth's signature dish. They were cooked properly and had a good flavor, although I would recommend asking for light or no butter, as all three of ours were heavy on butter, which in my opinion detracted from the flavor of the meat. The cut of the meat was fine, although two of us had multiple gristles in ours. The lyonnaise potatoes are always a treat. We also enjoy the creamed spinach. Our waiter, Rob was fantastic. One of the best service we have ever had at a Ruth's Chris, and that is saying something!Special Features:
- Great steak in KnoxvilleKnoxvilleGuyVIPDined on 7/25/2014We've dined here many times and the experience is always outstanding. This time around, we had variety of steaks, sides, and lobster, plus an outstanding 2007 wine from Nickel and Nickel. That was followed by dessert. Even though our reservation was later than we normally eat, we did not feel rushed. The service was great as always. Highly recommended for those who enjoy a great steak!Special Features:
- Nice eveningbizeesheriDined on 7/23/2014Was in town for business and decided to try this restaurant. Sat on the deck, enjoyed the view of the Tenn River. Service was wonderful, meal was great. I don't drink, but had a great glass of iced tea.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingFood4LifeDined on 7/11/2014Slow and inattentive service in the dining room. I've dined in many Ruth's Chris Steakhouse's throughout the country. Ths experience may be the time that stops that in the future.Special Features:
- Great evening for a Birthday dinnerLeaveFatAndHappyDined on 7/11/2014My fiancé and I went out for a birthday dinner and it was fantastic. We had the entire patio to ourselves almost the entire dinner. It was a great view of the river and the service was amazing, we had two servers who took care of our every whim. Their names were Tracy and Michelle. They went above and beyond to make it a great meal. The manager checked on us several times to ensure everything was excellent. The food was amazing as always and we left stuffed.Special Features:
- Views & AmbianceMarysaaVIPDined on 7/5/2014It was a perfect night to dine outdoors overlooking the Tennessee River! There were not many diners so we had the deck almost to ourselves. We had great steaks and wonderful Alaskan salmon with crab. The waiter was very helpful and polite. Wine list seemed a bit high for the selections. Would highly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Always an enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014I have never been disappointed when I dine at Ruth Chris. The service is outstanding - truly outstanding, all the way from the very attentive double servers to the valet out front. The food is wonderful - and when my steak is as excellent as it always is, I don't mind the price. Sides are very large - easy to share. There were five of us - and we each ordered a different side which provided a wide range for each of us to sample. Everyone enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 286 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Knoxville reviews archive.
- Absolutely disgusting.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014Took the lady for our anniversary 6/27/14. I ordered the strip 44$ Med rare and the wife ordered the salmon special, steak was burnt badly the salmon was barely edible the table next to us returned there's twice, I had waited ten minutes after our food arrived for Steve to return from smoke break presumably to return my steak he took it never asked if I wanted another and never saw him again had to get the clean up lady to get my bill which was brought by another waitor, was shocked a manager didn't come out to apologize for the steak. Would not return on a gift card you can get a better steak at ye olde and better salmon at Sullivan's.
- Fabulous overall experience.TheDinettesDined on 6/28/2014Ruth Chris never disappoints. Foods exceptional, servers are very accommodating and knowledgeable, ambiance and view is one of the best in Knoxville. It's our go to place for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksBillVIPDined on 6/28/2014Wife's birthday. I had the Cowboy Ribeye, juicy and very tasty. Wife had Petit filet and shrimp, also good. They comped the dessert for her birthday gift. Smart.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris, Knoxville TNWrbneDined on 6/17/2014Great filet and great drinks. Server, Jennifer from North Knoxville was fantastic.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2014THE place for steak, in my opinion. Everything tasty, well prepared, and beautifully presented. Classy. Views of the river are among the best. Love the fixed price menu options. They are a great value.Special Features:
- Annual trip with parentsLovesMexicanFoodVIPDined on 6/14/2014We bring my parents once a year as a Christmas gift from the year before. We wait until a few months after Christmas to have something to look forward to. We always have a wonderful time and eat way too much delicious food! The wait staff is always top notch!!Special Features:
- Good and consistentitineraryguruDined on 6/12/2014I have dined at this restaurant on a few occasions, and always find it to be a solid and very good experience. The food is very good, with high quality steaks and good sides and salads. There is a great selection of cocktails and wines by the glass that change periodically. The dining space is open and inviting, with good seats along the riverside, or along the wine storage, where a high quality and diverse selection is available. Service is always warm and friendly, and done with the exact amount of attention. Ruth's Chris Knoxville is a highly recommended destination for Knoxville, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Horrible food, waste of time and $OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/6/2014This was another bad experience at Ruth Chris. Food came out under cooked and when sent back it was dripping in oil and was not consumable. This has happened every time we have been to Ruth Chris recently. What has happened?? If you pay over $100 for dinner you expect to be able to eat it. Very disappointing!Special Features:
- Foodluver 2foodluver2Dined on 6/4/2014We had a great view by the window as requested on Opentable reservation. The table had been set with happy birthday confetti and a card from the manager. The service and food were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/25/2014Ruth's Chris has no comparison , best of the best, our favorite place for special occasions , no one can make beef this goodSpecial Features:
- Best of the BestJCobb007Dined on 5/22/2014Outstanding food and service. Jennifer, our server, is such a delight. Best restaurant experience and steak in Knoxville, second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impeccable servicemgraham65Dined on 5/19/2014We celebrated our 7th anniversary here and couldn't have been more satisfied. Our server, Sarah, was brilliant, friendly and very accommodating. We had a minor issue with my wife's meal, but she helped correct it quickly and even offered a side to take home, along with a dessert in celebration of our occasion. Little things make the difference and make a night out a fantastic time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent anniversary experienceDininginknoxvilleDined on 5/16/2014This was our 44 anniversary...Jacob was our server....wonderful view....great food...we must have been wished happy anniversary a dozen times from the hostesses to the servers to the manager....attentive and there when we wanted something...simple gestures make and made a difference. We used valet parking...when we were taking care of the bill, Jacob had the valet bring our car up so it was waiting curbside at the front door when we left. Thank you to Jacob and to the staff at Ruth Chris' .... A nice touch was when they called in the afternoon to confirm our reservation verbally...we had already received email confirmation....Special Features:
- Great ChoicePhilcoDined on 5/14/2014Great choice as always! Good food, good service, and a great time with my wife on her birthday!Special Features:
- Wonderful!kmy1Dined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day...food was fabulous, service was fantastic! Worth it for a special occasion!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDmackDined on 5/9/2014The Best Ruth Chris experience that I had ever shared with my family!Special Features:
- Amazing food, even better serviceFLsurfinDined on 5/3/2014I've been to a lot of steakhouses from Las Vegas to up and down the East Coast, but never this one... I was impressed. The shrimp and filet was an absolutely fantastic entree. The meat was tender, flavorful, and cooked just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DADDYL1VIPDined on 5/3/2014RUTH CHRIS AS ,ALWAYS, WAS GREAT!FOOD WAS PREPARED JUST RIGHT. WE O TO A RUTH CHRIS WHEREVER WE TRAVELSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014I had a great meal. The waitress was very nice and keep asking us if we needed anything and if the food was to our satisfaction. The only problem was when it was time for us to leave we had to wait over 15 minutes to get our to go deserts.Special Features: