Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia
220 North Gulph Road
King of Prussia, PA 19406Neighborhood:
King of Prussia
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschriskop.com/
- Phone: 6109921818
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Craig Elder
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events:
$7 SIZZLE, SWIZZLE, & SWIRL HAPPY HOUR - Monday through Friday | 4:30-6:30 | Enjoy a premium selection of hand-crafted cocktails, and delicious menu items like our Prime Sliders or Seared Ahi Tuna. All for only $7.
FRIDAY DATE NIGHT MENU - $99 for Two 3-Course Dinners featuring a starter, entree, side, and dessert.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia
This world renowned prime steakhouse is conveniently located adjacent to the King of Prussia Mall at the corner of Mall Boulevard & North Gulph Road. Known for serving only the finest USDA prime beef & the highest quality seafood, Ruth's Chris never fails to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia - Best Restaurants in King of Prussia ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)romantic (34)notable wine list (26)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Special occasionsluvgoodfoodDined on 9/17/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary and they set us up at a nice rose petal covered table that made my wife very happy. We then had a great meal with the most attentive staff we've ever had. We plan on celebrating many more occasions here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sure BetOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/4/2014Always count on Ruth's Chris for a fine meal and great service for special occasions.Special Features:
- Always GoodAnonymousVIPDined on 9/4/2014The best steakhouse in KoP without a doubt. We have tried them all but this is the best. From when you enter with the friendly professional hostess to relaxing at the bar this is the place. We usually have our steaks at the bar because Maria gives us the best of both worlds. Excellent well poured martinis to fantastic steaks with impeccable service this is our place of choice in King of Prussia. Marsha has found another winner in the new manager who never skips a beat and welcomes each dinner with a friendly hello. Give Ruths a try and you will never go back to the others.
- 5 Star Food and ServiceMegsVIPDined on 9/1/2014This Ruth Chris location is a hidden gem. Great service, wonderful ambiance and delicious steaks and seafood! Our server Jeff has waited on us on more than one occasion and he makes a fantastic meal even more enjoyable. From the martinis to the creme brûlée, it's a night done right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHARRED FILETwoody1Dined on 8/27/2014DISAPPOINTED MY FILET CAME OUT AND IT WAS "BURNT/CRUSTY ON OUTSIDE" AND overdoneSpecial Features:
- Decent occasion diningrgharris45Dined on 8/27/2014Typical American Steak House on high end of expense scale. Great service, sizzling steaks, overpriced (but tasty) sides, pleasant ambience. We recommend this fine dining restaurant for special occasions and business dining.Special Features:
- One of the Best Visits!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We've been here many times. The service was impeccable. The food was served timely and hot. We loved every minute of it. We even arrived earlier than our scheduled reservation, we were quickly seated. Always happy. This visit was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!LoveRuthsChrisDined on 8/20/2014Ruths Chris is my favorite restaurant. My wife and I have been coming the past couple years to celebrate our anniversary. There's no other restaurant I would consider going to other than Ruths! for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerMarielleDined on 8/20/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and had told the restaurant that it was his birthday. The moment we sat down, our waitress said happy birthday and that the dessert was complimentary... It took away the surprise of the dessert coming out with a candle! Also, when the dessert came out, the candle wasn't even lit until the waitress put it on the table. It was disappointing for the amount of money I had spent that evening. The restaurant overall is a great place, but not for a birthday surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningDiningDined on 8/20/2014Dining at Ruth's Chris was a wonderful experience from when we walked in the door getting greeted, food OUTSTANDING and our waiter Jeff was exceptional !!! We have dined at many Steakhouse's which have taken a step backwards over the years, so it was great finding that Ruth's Chris has not gone in that direction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014I took my son here for his 11th birthday since he loves steak. We had great food and the staff went out of their way for his birthday, even treating him to dessert. We have decided to make it an annual tradition :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/14/2014Best steaks of all the chains. The sizzling platter thing is really good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service good foodlovetoeatoutDined on 8/12/2014Can't be the service. Neither hubby or I was in love with our steaks. The calamari was great & Lobster tail was overdone. Probably wouldn't come back unless there was a great promo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceChuckB942Dined on 8/9/2014Whether I am with a group of 40 or just with my wife and daughter the level of service I receive is always great. The management makes sure that all is going well and if anything is wrong they are more than happy to take care of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weeknight dinnerkimberDined on 8/8/2014Food was good. Had a $99 lobster special. Lobster and steak were great. Everything else just okay. Service was expected but nothing you wouldn't get at any other restaurant. Not worth the money.Special Features:
- FavoritePlaceDined on 8/2/2014Always a great experience. Awesome food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakChezDined on 7/31/2014Celebrated our daughters 21st bday. We had a great steak. Steak came out sizzling hot and the plate was still cooking it. The steak tasted as good as the presentations. Highly recommend it. Wine list was very good as well. And the desserts was very good. This is a can't miss place to go enjoy a great steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off parNightoutDined on 7/31/2014Food was good however service was not as good as it usually is. Waiter was hard to find and he would forget what we asked for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014I'm sorry to say that I will not return. The petite fillet was sub-par, yet my wife's was quite nice. Garlic mashed potato was good, but nothing to write home about. The broccoli florettes were nice - prepared just right. The dinner rolls were.... It's just not worth going on. I travelled a lot for business and have eaten dinner with clients in many fine restaurants. This just isn't one that I will visit again. Sorry. Jack Christian Sales, Esq.
- Great food and serviceMINKSCVIPDined on 7/23/2014I went there in the mood for some seafood and just got there at closing. They were very accommodating and happily served me. I ordered a bar b que shrimp appetizer and my waitress suggested the Tuna. Both were great and the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!BelleNicoleVIPDined on 7/23/2014Ruth Chris' never disappoints! Excellence in service and cuisine! You can't get a better cooked filet. Managers always stop by my table and offer coupons or tickets to local events. Very friendly and professional, from the front door, to the servers, to the management. One of my all-time favorite restaurants in the Philadelphia region.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday dining!ValerieVIPDined on 7/20/2014I had a wonderful birthday dining experience at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse in King of Prussia, PA. I was happy to be at my favorite table. Manager Lowe made it a special celebration by adding a personal touch to the table. The porterhouse for two was excellent. The sweet potato casserole was delicious. The wedge salad was plentiful. Our server Jeff was outstanding. He was very professional, attentive, and added his own special part in my birthday celebration. Thank you to Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse in King of Prussia for providing me with a lovely place and excellent food to celebrate my birthday.Special Features:
- RobinDined on 7/18/2014Absolutely delicious. Great service. Lobster special is the bomb!Special Features:
- Perfect for our anniversary!martellepDined on 7/15/2014First, thank you so much Ruth Chris for making this last minute dinner for two, a very romantic night out for us. I wanted to surprise my wife with an early dinner before we went to our company outing. I booked Ruth Chris through opentable and noted that we were celebrating our one year anniversary. Ruth Chris, without me knowing or asking....made our table very romantic with rose pedals, a lovely red sash and treated us to a complimentary dessert. They definitely went above and beyond without me even asking! The food was off the charts. You def. can't go wrong with the filet with blue cheese crumble or oscar. Our waiter was very attentive and polite and the manager even stopped by our table to congratulate us. 5 stars all the way!Special Features:
- FoodGreatSteakDined on 7/12/2014The food was awesome. Steak was cooked perfectly. We have been several times, this was my husband's favorite time.Special Features:
- Special Dinnerwilling2rateDined on 7/12/2014The food, service, and ambience were all outstanding. The "personal" birthday cheesecake made the event even more rewarding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014Great food but horrible service. Very slow and a couple even walked out that were seated behind us after no one came over to greet them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great SteakRBEBVIPDined on 7/5/2014Visit Ruth Chris at least every other month and always receive very good meal and service. Look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Not as good as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014My husband and I had heard many great things about Ruth's Chris Steak House and I decided to treat my husband to a special dinner for a belated Father's Day treat. The experience was disappointing. The table was very cramped that we were seated at. The food was pretty average but we were expecting a lot more based on what we had heard. I had ordered my filet done medium and you would expect that in a great steak place the meat would be done as you had ordered, the meat came out medium rare to rare and the waiter suggested that I continue to cook the meat on my very hot plate, which worked out pretty well but not what you would expect for a fine steak house.Special Features:
- To noisyFlong1975Dined on 6/28/2014I gave this three stars mainly because I was disappointed in the noise level. I thought we were going to have a nice, romantic dinner at a high end steak house. It was so loud in our dining room that we could not hear each other over the other guests. It felt like we were eating a high quality, expensive meal in a cafeteria or Denny's. Was it too many large tables in the one room? I am not sure. Otherwise.... Jim, our server, was great! The staff was very friendly. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Off Night??CaptainJackDined on 6/28/2014We typically dine at Ruth's Chris to celebrate our anniversary. In year's past, we walked away with our expectations being met/exceeded. However, on this night we were surprised at the noise of some parties bordering on the edge of obnoxious as well as the quality of some of the food. We both ordered dishes off the seasonal menu with crabmeat - the filet w/stuffed lobster and the mixed grill. We found the crabmeat dry and the taste not pleasing at all. Should have stuck with the staples and ordered the strip! We were also disappointed that the warm apple crumb tart was anything but warm...but, it was on the house for our anniversary...so, not complaining. On the plus side, our service was exceptional and we would still go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversaryscotty269Dined on 6/26/2014Came with girlfriend, server prepared our table with rose pedals. Everybody, from bussers to the manager came to wish us a happy anniversary. Great service, great food. Worth the expensive price!Special Features:
- Celebrating 20 YearsFamilyManDined on 6/25/2014My wife and I celebrated our 20th year wedding anniversary at this location and were pleasantly surprised. Recently there were some reviews that seemed quite critical which gave us some concern. Yes it is expensive but depending on the occasion the food, service and constant attention to detail along with special request made it worth it. The location could benefit from a facelift (somewhat dated design) but neat and clean. I would certainly dine there again.Special Features:
- Excellent for anniversary!akmjrmDined on 6/23/2014We went there for our 35th wedding anniversary and were treated like royalty! Our table was covered with rose petals and all staff members called us by name and wished us a happy anniversary. The filets were prepared perfectly and were extremely tasty! The side dishes (shoestring fries and mushrooms) were plentiful and tasted great. The rolls were warm and had an excellent flavor. The service was attentive and friendly. The manager came by late in the meal and offered us free desserts for our special day. We were too full to accept them and she offered to give them as a take-out, which we couldn't do due to being in a hotel for the night.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris - King of PrussiaArugulaDined on 6/23/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The food was exception as always. I had one of the special prix fix and my wife and mother had rib eyes. It was my mother's birthday and they gave her dessert of her choice. Fabulous. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- 6-18-14OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/18/2014I've been to Ruth Chris on numerous occasions, but this time felt we were being rushed. We ordered dessert and before our dessert came out we were given the bill. Never experienced that before. The waiter even came to check on payment before dessert came. Then when I couldn't finish my dessert and I asked for a "doggie bag" the waiter handed me the bag and container to fill. For the amount of money spent, the waiter should have taken care of it. Will never go back to that location again!
- LinDLinDDined on 6/15/2014The best part of the evening was the service. Very very disappointed in the entire meal. Every steak had to be sent back and our server even agreed they were not prepared right. Second steaks were not any better. Too expensive for the quality of the food.
- Special OccasionsChazboDined on 6/15/2014I have taken my Children and Grand children here many times for special occasions and never been disappointedSpecial Features:
- Best rib-eye yet of all steak venuemurhoalphaVIPDined on 6/15/2014Best rib-eye! Great appetizers and desserts! Excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014Classic steakhouse. Beef heavy menu of course, and the quality of that is excellent. Several seafood options as well as vegetarian. Side dishes are ordered separately, standard choices- not particularly exciting. In my opinion the menu is a bit tired. For this type of money, and make no mistake this is pricey, I prefer more adventurous cuisine. Solid meal, but won't likely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.