Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia
220 North Gulph Road
King of Prussia, PA 19406Neighborhood:
King of Prussia
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschriskop.com/
- Phone: (610) 992-1818
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Craig Elder
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events:
$7 SIZZLE, SWIZZLE, & SWIRL HAPPY HOUR - Monday through Friday | 4:30-6:30 | Enjoy a premium selection of hand-crafted cocktails, and delicious menu items like our Prime Sliders or Seared Ahi Tuna. All for only $7.
FRIDAY DATE NIGHT MENU - $99 for Two 3-Course Dinners featuring a starter, entree, side, and dessert.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia
This world renowned prime steakhouse is conveniently located adjacent to the King of Prussia Mall at the corner of Mall Boulevard & North Gulph Road. Known for serving only the finest USDA prime beef & the highest quality seafood, Ruth's Chris never fails to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia - Best Restaurants in King of Prussia ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)romantic (37)notable wine list (21)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (16)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Food, Enjoyed the ExperienceMOJODined on 4/1/2014We visiting for the first time for our anniversary. Our waitress put rose pedals on the table, a nice touch. Everything was great! Its just too pricey for us to visit routinely. They sure do cook the steak perfectly, as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightFoodloversDined on 3/29/2014We dined on a busy Saturday evening and I felt the tables were too close together. Not only did the servers have difficulty navigating between tables but also the close proximity made conversations difficult. The food was excellent. I did feel my steak was underseasoned, which troubled me considering the price of my steak. We waited quite a while for our drinks. I was getting frustrated and then we met our server. He was wonderful and saved my evening. He apologized for the delay and quickly made up for it. Overall I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion but would recommend asking for a quiet table if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Celebrationdying2dineDined on 3/29/2014Arrived a few minutes early for our reservation and out table was already waiting for us. The booth was covered in red rose petals and more than one employee stopped by our table to wish us Congraulations and to see how we were doing. It was a wonderful evening, the food, wine, ambiance and of course the company were fabulous! Thank you Ruth Chris for making this a memorable experience!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerBeanerDined on 3/24/2014Great dinner! Steak was cooked to perfection, as was the lobster. If you're going to get the chocolate lava cake, make sure you share! The cake is gigantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too QuietampmunmeDined on 3/21/2014Our group was put in a different room, away from the other room, very quiet. Not what I was expecting. Good food, Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent service, meal, waitSnappyjimDined on 3/19/2014Excellent service, meal, wait staff. The Ruth Chris brand lives up to expectation. One challenge is when 4 full size guys get squeezed into a booth for 2 it removes some of the ambience. Restaurants need to look at a group like that and identify a table that is best suited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the trip.Poohkids2Dined on 3/15/2014We drove over an hour just to dine here! Husbands birthday dinner and it was very nice!! Will definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris - Excellent Food & ServiDannyDDined on 3/15/2014Ruth Chris offers consistently ourstanding food and service! I think my younger daughter summed it up best on her first visit when she took one taste of her steak and declared, "This is the best steak I've ever had."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak as always. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/8/2014Great steak as always. Very loud this time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They seem to do a much betterVisitorsfromGreenvilleVIPDined on 3/1/2014They seem to do a much better job during the week then they do on weekends. Steak was overcooked, asparagus was basically raw, creamed spinach was luke warm, espresso/cappuccino had to be sent back-they discovered that the machine had a problem, etc. For the cost, very disappointing.
- Good FoodJoelVIPDined on 3/1/2014The food is always terrific here but the service, this visit, was a little slow.Special Features:
- Celebrating my birthday, at Ruth'sBigFTOSDined on 3/1/2014Celebrated a birthday. Have dined at Ruth's Chris restaurant a number of times - never had a bad experience. Quality of food, attention to detail and ambience are all things important to this fine diner; this restaurant (location) does not disappoint. My date and I had a very nice experience. Have dined at competing establishments, but none score consistently high marks; Ruth's Chris does! Thank you for helping to make a special moment - a memory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good- serviceMavenDined on 2/28/2014Good service. Received a gift card to use and looked forward a great filet. Do not order anything cooked further than medium. My medium well had no juice and my wife's well was burnt.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Everything!!!JudyDined on 2/23/2014Our entire experience was outstanding. From being greeted by our name by our server to the phenomenal food and the excellent atmosphere, we could not have asked for a better night. Well done Ruth's Chris!!!Special Features:
- ServiceKeistyDined on 2/22/2014We have been coming there now for 4 years and we come if we have a babysitter lol . Are server Adam was great I think that was his name , thumbs up to him great server !!!!! The only thing I had a prob with is that my steak I usually get there was a little dry this time that's all no biggie it usually juicey and with a lot of butter or whatever you put in there !! We love it here the only place we will dine when we are kid free !!!!!Special Features:
- Solid Steak and Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/16/2014This was not our first time at Ruth Chris and it normally is outstanding. I love the sizzling plates and the steaks are done perfectly. We had a great wedge salad and Gumbo, some of the best I've tasted. For main courses, my wife had the filet, which was tender and she loved it. I selected a Ribeye, at the wait staff's suggestion, which was much fattier than I had hoped, and went beyond "marbling" in my opinion. Both steaks were done right but this was a bit of a let down after previously excellent experiences. We had spinach au gratin and a baked potato, both of which were great, though the loaded potato only had butter and sour cream. It didn't affect our ordering but we were surprised they ran out of a lot of things, which seemed odd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good MealMJBinKoPDined on 2/16/2014A pleasant, tasty meal served by friendly, attentive wait staff. Exactly what we expected.Special Features:
- Love this place!GrandmaGenDined on 2/16/2014We have been to Ruth's Chris several times, and we have never been disappointed. It is a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. If you're out for a special occasion with your significant other, or for dinner before/after a show, or just to get together with your family or friends once in a while, this place is wonderful. As I said, expect the bill to be high, but you should not be disappointed with the food, service or ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet a little dryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014I've been to Ruth's Chris many times at many different locations and it is usually perfect. This last time my filet was very dry and not cooked very well. My girlfriend had the same issue. Service was great though and my server was very nice. Since it was an anniversary they had rose petals on the table which looked beautiful. I'll assume that dry filet was a one time thing and I know I'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentines dayjjdelawareDined on 2/14/2014We made a reservation on valentine's day for 930. When we walked in we were met by 7 hosts and hostess standing behind the podium. All of them we staring at us while one helped us, it was like we were at a courthouse or something. They took us to our table which was a very small table,not enough room for our appetizers and menus. Our waiter was fabulous. Very professional and kind. We were sort of disappointed with the limits of the v-day menu so we went with the regular menu. The food was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner!ChristinaSDined on 2/14/2014Never a disappointment. Our filets were cooked to perfection and the lobster was to die for. Very enjoyable evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I have only been to a few steakhouses in my day in NYC & Dallas so I don't have the most refined steakhouse pallet but I do have something to compare this to. My boyfriend & I attended on Val. day & while the service was great, the food was sub-par compared to my expecations. For our apps, I had the wedge salad (I've had better at chain restaurants, some of the lettuce on this one was a bit brown) & my boyfriend had the lobster bisque, which he enjoyed. For our meal, we both ordered the Mixed Grill (a petite filet, crab cake & roast chicken) & for sides we ordered mashed potatoes & creamed spinach. The filet & chicken were both good but nothing to write home about. The bread is good though.. The molten chocolate cake for desert was decent.Special Features:
- SteadyBushtownOriginalDined on 2/14/2014Steady consistent performance after all these years. May not be the best, but certainly respectableI would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll never have a bad mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I went for valentine's day and had a fantastic meal. Steak was perfection and the lamb chop appetizer was amazing. Staff was also top notch as our waiter was very attentive. You know what you get from Ruth's Chris and this location does not disapointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice steak placeJanmustdineVIPDined on 2/14/2014Wasn't thrilled with hostess crew. Not very welcoming or accommodating. We walked in and asked if any open reservations they said no. Went outside and went to open table and booked a reservation. Just weird. We are nice looking people so just strange. Steak very good, side so so. Wine great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was great, service a little slow but the seating was very cramped! If I know I could get better seating I'd go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerBikeDad235BDined on 2/9/2014My wife and I have been fans of Ruth's Chris for many years, although it had been a while since we visited one. This was a special suprise get away for her. Everything was super, as always. The only reason I didn't give all categories a perfect score was because the Petite Filet has some chewy gristle in it. Not what you'd expect in a $37 Entree- but everything else about it was superb. The sides (as always) were amazing- the Sweet Potato Baked Casserole could have passed for a dessert! Super dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodIrishMPDined on 2/8/2014Ruth's Chris is always reliable for a great meal. Would love to have a wine selection that also has a good, better priced section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is ok, just a notch abovedavidVIPDined on 1/30/2014Food is ok, just a notch above average. For the price, you are not paying for the food, but everything else.
- Great atmospheresolo413Dined on 1/25/2014Ruth's Chris is always nice for a romantic dinner with my wife service is always outstanding but the filet was only ok this time. Sweet potato casserole was outstanding as always as well as gumbo and asparagus. I would continue to go back for out of all the times I have been there, this is the only time my steak was not done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/20/2014Had the stuff chicken and lobster mac and cheese ... GREAT!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencesnowboundVIPDined on 1/17/2014First time dining , food ,ambience and the service did not disappoint I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dinner and serviceJenRNDined on 1/17/2014Awesome evening with friends in a great restaurant! Wonderful dinner, steaks were cooked perfectly and everyone enjoyed their entrees, sides and apps. One we particularly enjoyed was the veal osso bucco ravioli... DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2014My sister, my wife and I came to your restaurant to celebrate an end to a long, hard term that I served as executor of my mother's will. It was a strenuous time to say the least. But, celebrating at your restaurant was a fitting end to it. It was a great night of relaxation and great food. Giving free deserts was unexpected, but truly appreciated. My wife and I have eaten at Ruth's Cris restaurant at many different locations, and find them all to be outstanding places to eat. It was my sister's first experience and she was very impressed. Thank you for a great evening. Dave GuttmanSpecial Features:
- Best Night Out in a Long Timepreacher1020Dined on 1/4/2014We really enjoyed ourselves and didn't break the bank. The food was delicious. You absolutely must try the veal ravioli!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not GreattennisprofredDined on 1/3/2014Stick with steak - that should be a given, but a great restaurant does everything on their menu well. My partner had the petite filet - perfectly done - started with the creole shrimp which were super. I had a mixed grill of filet - chicken - crab cake. The filet again perfect, the chicken non-descript and the crab cake dry and disappointing. Started with a salad which was OK (cant remember name). The sides were totally disappointing lyonaisse potatos - missnamed and boring and brussel sprouts which I love favored very poorly. The apple pie dessert was very good.. Stick with steak and salad and don't waste money driving up the bill with poor add-ons Good restaurant but for the prices it should deliver excellence!!!Special Features:
- Too pricey for the quality of food!IdaluciaVIPDined on 1/1/2014This used to be our favorite way to ring in the new year, a good steak dinner at Ruth's Chris! I am beginning to think there might be other less costly options! I ordered a petit fillet and lobster tail. The meat was tasteless and the tail was small and over cooked! The unadvertised price was a whopping $75.00! Too pricey for the quality of the food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be Great!JenniferDined on 12/31/2013The food was wonderful and the service was stellar. I love the fact that everything remains consistent. I have never had a bad meal yet.Special Features:
- I have been to many otherFoodMonsterVIPDined on 12/31/2013I have been to many other Ruth's Chris locations and have always enjoyed my meal. Our service was excellent, but the food was nothing to write home about. As an upscale chain steakhouse, you expect to receive the same high quality food at each location. This is the second time I have been to the King of Prussia location and both times I was displeased with my meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2013Great overall meal! Would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.