Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia
220 North Gulph Road
King of Prussia, PA 19406Neighborhood:
King of Prussia
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschriskop.com/
- Phone: (610) 992-1818
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Craig Elder
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events:
$7 SIZZLE, SWIZZLE, & SWIRL HAPPY HOUR - Monday through Friday | 4:30-6:30 | Enjoy a premium selection of hand-crafted cocktails, and delicious menu items like our Prime Sliders or Seared Ahi Tuna. All for only $7.
FRIDAY DATE NIGHT MENU - $99 for Two 3-Course Dinners featuring a starter, entree, side, and dessert.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia
This world renowned prime steakhouse is conveniently located adjacent to the King of Prussia Mall at the corner of Mall Boulevard & North Gulph Road. Known for serving only the finest USDA prime beef & the highest quality seafood, Ruth's Chris never fails to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia - Best Restaurants in King of Prussia ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)romantic (37)notable wine list (23)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (18)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food and serviceMINKSCVIPDined on 7/23/2014I went there in the mood for some seafood and just got there at closing. They were very accommodating and happily served me. I ordered a bar b que shrimp appetizer and my waitress suggested the Tuna. Both were great and the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!BelleNicoleVIPDined on 7/23/2014Ruth Chris' never disappoints! Excellence in service and cuisine! You can't get a better cooked filet. Managers always stop by my table and offer coupons or tickets to local events. Very friendly and professional, from the front door, to the servers, to the management. One of my all-time favorite restaurants in the Philadelphia region.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday dining!ValerieVIPDined on 7/20/2014I had a wonderful birthday dining experience at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse in King of Prussia, PA. I was happy to be at my favorite table. Manager Lowe made it a special celebration by adding a personal touch to the table. The porterhouse for two was excellent. The sweet potato casserole was delicious. The wedge salad was plentiful. Our server Jeff was outstanding. He was very professional, attentive, and added his own special part in my birthday celebration. Thank you to Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse in King of Prussia for providing me with a lovely place and excellent food to celebrate my birthday.Special Features:
- RobinDined on 7/18/2014Absolutely delicious. Great service. Lobster special is the bomb!Special Features:
- Perfect for our anniversary!martellepDined on 7/15/2014First, thank you so much Ruth Chris for making this last minute dinner for two, a very romantic night out for us. I wanted to surprise my wife with an early dinner before we went to our company outing. I booked Ruth Chris through opentable and noted that we were celebrating our one year anniversary. Ruth Chris, without me knowing or asking....made our table very romantic with rose pedals, a lovely red sash and treated us to a complimentary dessert. They definitely went above and beyond without me even asking! The food was off the charts. You def. can't go wrong with the filet with blue cheese crumble or oscar. Our waiter was very attentive and polite and the manager even stopped by our table to congratulate us. 5 stars all the way!Special Features:
- FoodGreatSteakDined on 7/12/2014The food was awesome. Steak was cooked perfectly. We have been several times, this was my husband's favorite time.Special Features:
- Special Dinnerwilling2rateDined on 7/12/2014The food, service, and ambience were all outstanding. The "personal" birthday cheesecake made the event even more rewarding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014Great food but horrible service. Very slow and a couple even walked out that were seated behind us after no one came over to greet them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great SteakRBEBVIPDined on 7/5/2014Visit Ruth Chris at least every other month and always receive very good meal and service. Look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Not as good as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014My husband and I had heard many great things about Ruth's Chris Steak House and I decided to treat my husband to a special dinner for a belated Father's Day treat. The experience was disappointing. The table was very cramped that we were seated at. The food was pretty average but we were expecting a lot more based on what we had heard. I had ordered my filet done medium and you would expect that in a great steak place the meat would be done as you had ordered, the meat came out medium rare to rare and the waiter suggested that I continue to cook the meat on my very hot plate, which worked out pretty well but not what you would expect for a fine steak house.Special Features:
- To noisyFlong1975Dined on 6/28/2014I gave this three stars mainly because I was disappointed in the noise level. I thought we were going to have a nice, romantic dinner at a high end steak house. It was so loud in our dining room that we could not hear each other over the other guests. It felt like we were eating a high quality, expensive meal in a cafeteria or Denny's. Was it too many large tables in the one room? I am not sure. Otherwise.... Jim, our server, was great! The staff was very friendly. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Off Night??CaptainJackDined on 6/28/2014We typically dine at Ruth's Chris to celebrate our anniversary. In year's past, we walked away with our expectations being met/exceeded. However, on this night we were surprised at the noise of some parties bordering on the edge of obnoxious as well as the quality of some of the food. We both ordered dishes off the seasonal menu with crabmeat - the filet w/stuffed lobster and the mixed grill. We found the crabmeat dry and the taste not pleasing at all. Should have stuck with the staples and ordered the strip! We were also disappointed that the warm apple crumb tart was anything but warm...but, it was on the house for our anniversary...so, not complaining. On the plus side, our service was exceptional and we would still go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversaryscotty269Dined on 6/26/2014Came with girlfriend, server prepared our table with rose pedals. Everybody, from bussers to the manager came to wish us a happy anniversary. Great service, great food. Worth the expensive price!Special Features:
- Celebrating 20 YearsFamilyManDined on 6/25/2014My wife and I celebrated our 20th year wedding anniversary at this location and were pleasantly surprised. Recently there were some reviews that seemed quite critical which gave us some concern. Yes it is expensive but depending on the occasion the food, service and constant attention to detail along with special request made it worth it. The location could benefit from a facelift (somewhat dated design) but neat and clean. I would certainly dine there again.Special Features:
- Excellent for anniversary!akmjrmDined on 6/23/2014We went there for our 35th wedding anniversary and were treated like royalty! Our table was covered with rose petals and all staff members called us by name and wished us a happy anniversary. The filets were prepared perfectly and were extremely tasty! The side dishes (shoestring fries and mushrooms) were plentiful and tasted great. The rolls were warm and had an excellent flavor. The service was attentive and friendly. The manager came by late in the meal and offered us free desserts for our special day. We were too full to accept them and she offered to give them as a take-out, which we couldn't do due to being in a hotel for the night.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris - King of PrussiaArugulaDined on 6/23/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The food was exception as always. I had one of the special prix fix and my wife and mother had rib eyes. It was my mother's birthday and they gave her dessert of her choice. Fabulous. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- 6-18-14OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/18/2014I've been to Ruth Chris on numerous occasions, but this time felt we were being rushed. We ordered dessert and before our dessert came out we were given the bill. Never experienced that before. The waiter even came to check on payment before dessert came. Then when I couldn't finish my dessert and I asked for a "doggie bag" the waiter handed me the bag and container to fill. For the amount of money spent, the waiter should have taken care of it. Will never go back to that location again!
- LinDLinDDined on 6/15/2014The best part of the evening was the service. Very very disappointed in the entire meal. Every steak had to be sent back and our server even agreed they were not prepared right. Second steaks were not any better. Too expensive for the quality of the food.
- Special OccasionsChazboDined on 6/15/2014I have taken my Children and Grand children here many times for special occasions and never been disappointedSpecial Features:
- Best rib-eye yet of all steak venuemurhoalphaVIPDined on 6/15/2014Best rib-eye! Great appetizers and desserts! Excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014Classic steakhouse. Beef heavy menu of course, and the quality of that is excellent. Several seafood options as well as vegetarian. Side dishes are ordered separately, standard choices- not particularly exciting. In my opinion the menu is a bit tired. For this type of money, and make no mistake this is pricey, I prefer more adventurous cuisine. Solid meal, but won't likely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day celebrationHeidiWDined on 6/14/2014The steaks and lobster Mac & Cheese were awesome. We've gone to many steakhouses throughout the country but always return to Ruth Chris for the best steak meal of all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steakhouse ExperienceSubukaiVIPDined on 6/14/2014I typically avoid steakhouses because I don't like their style (the a la carte family style sides, the crazy wine lists, and overpriced steaks), but this experience at Ruth's Chris has altered that opinion as far as they are concerned. As soon as we walked in the door, we were welcomed by well-dressed staff in a beautiful lobby area and once seated, we were greeted by our professional server, who helped us make fantastic dining and wine choices. The steaks were juicy and flavorful and we picked a moderately priced wine that was on special that paired well with the meal. My reason in choosing to dine here was to use a gift card (supplemented with my Open Table check), but I will definitely go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!JulieDined on 6/5/2014First time there. Great! Will definitely return! Everything was delicious!!Special Features:
- Great for special occasions.BigPapiDined on 6/4/2014Ruth's Chris KOP is a very nice restaurant! one of the finest in the KOP area. We celebrated our daughter's graduation here and, as always, the food was great, the service is also excellent, although I must admit the beer selection is not great but the wine selection makes up for it. Overall, a hands-down pick for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steak but priceyregularjoeDined on 5/30/2014Went with two other girlfriends and the bill was $262 wit the tip. A bit pricey since we didn't even have a drink. The steaks were great as usual and the salad and potatoes had great flavor. The vegetables however were something to be desired. All pretty much steamed with no flavor whatsoever. Definitely will not be ordering any next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second ChancesstandardsfordiningDined on 5/20/2014I was given an opportunity to dine at Ruth Chris. The services was excellent. Our waiter was an older gentlemen who took excellent care of us. My steak, ordered medium, was well done. Without any hesitation, my steak was removed and redelivered as ordered with an apology from the manager. I must say that the management team is really on top of their game-from my initial encounter with Matt to the manager whose name I cannot recall (poor memory on my part-he was very friendly and attentive). The food was better from the presentation to the taste-steak, sea bass, green beans, and sweet potato-we didn't want to take a chance with the mac and cheese.Special Features:
- Burnt ribeye.JoelVIPDined on 5/17/2014My wife had her usual filet which was excellent. I had the ribeye which was burnt. Next time, I'll stick with the filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyJsalladeVIPDined on 5/15/2014Ridiculously high prices, with everything a la carte. No surprise. Food was great as was service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good funRicoDined on 5/11/2014My family and I enjoyed the outing on Mother's Day the food was delicious and the service was impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014First time visiting this restaurant, and I Can't say enough good things about the staff & food. Our server was an older guy, didn't steer us wrong. Can't wait to go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2014Very attentive . Went out of their way to make our anniversary a nice experience despite my last minute announcement of our special day. Thank you very much .Special Features:
- food quality declining?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014We generally love Ruth's Chris but this experience was not as good as usual. We both did the prix fixe menu. I had petite filet and he did stuffed chicken breast. Ordered the filet medium and it came out rare. Couldnt eat it ; A cold red center just doesn't work for me. By the time the waiter came around my husband was halfway through his meal so I just had him wrap my steak to go. Husband's chicken was also not as good as usual. Creamed spinach was just okay and the sweet potatoes were really salty. I can't give it a terrible rating, just not as amazing as it has been in the past. Perhaps that's why it isn't as busy as it used to be. One other thing. One french press and we have to be charged 4.50 each for coffee? C'mon....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy we came back...GruuveeTravelerDined on 4/20/2014We tried this location many years ago and found it to be not a good value as the food was poor and the inside looked old...Wow have things changed. We had a great meal the service was wonderful and the inside of the restaurant was obviously updated and looked nice. We will definitely be going back with family and friends. My 86 year old mother enjoyed her meal as much as my 15 year old son who ordered a huge steak and delicious shoestring French fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food for Easter DinnerBevCDined on 4/20/2014My family of 3 really enjoyed our Easter dinner - service was unparalleled! Even though the final tab was on the high side, we had plenty of tasty left-overs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks to allOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014From the Hostess, to Jamie our Waiter, the busboy, the Manager, were friendly, courteous and helpful. Our meal was excellent so thanks to the kitchen staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usualaleatsDined on 4/19/2014The food, service and ambiance are consistently outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best waiter!!!!Healthnut1VIPDined on 4/19/2014Had an excellent dinner ...the lamb chops were done perfectly, and the lobster was succulent! Excellent, wonderful waiter, JIM!!!!!! Jim is THE best waiter???kind! funny! attentive! and accommodating! Love to go to K of P because of JIM ! Great food......consistent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/16/2014Got here for a special date and the food was very bland and had no taste not to mention the steak was tough very disappointed
- The service staff was attentive,BobFVIPDined on 4/12/2014The service staff was attentive, but not overbearing. Food was excellent. My diner guest commented that the steak was the best that they had had in quite some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.