Ruth's Chris Steak House - Kennesaw
620 Chastain Rd
Kennesaw, GA 30144Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Kennesaw
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ruthschris.net/reservations/kennesaw/
- Phone: 7704201985
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Perry
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Experience the sensation of private dining at Ruth's Chris and treat your special guests to an unforgettable dining experience. Here you will find a wide array of information to help guide you through your event planning process at our restaurants located in metropolitan Atlanta, Birmingham and Huntsville, Alabama, and Columbia, Greenville, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
It will be our pleasure to host your next party, meeting or banquet. To learn how, just visit us at: http://ruthschris.net/private_dining
- Private Party Facilities: Delectable. Intimate. Impressive.
Experience the sensation of private dining at Ruth’s Chris and treat your special guests to unforgettable dining for your next business gathering, family celebration, or anything in between.
- Private Party Contact: Carlie Florence 770-659-6109
- Entertainment: PRIME TIME MENU
Enjoy a full 3-course meal including your choice of soup or salad, an entree, a personal side and your choice of dessert starting at $42.00 (plus tax and gratuity). Offered daily until 6:30 PM. To view details, go to: http://ruthschris.net/primetime
HALF-OFF PRIME BITES DURING RUTH'S HOUR
Ruth's Chris is thrilled to offer our Prime Bites Bar Menu with half-priced bar menu items during special Ruth's Hours. To view details, go to: http://ruthschris.net/primebites
- Special Events: Visit us at http://ruthschris.net/events to view our special menus and events.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Kennesaw
Ruth's Chris Steak House is internationally acclaimed as "The Home of Serious Steaks." The award-winning menu features USDA Prime Midwestern beef - aged to perfection, broiled at 1800 degrees and served the signature Ruth's Chris way ... SIZZLING ... so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from the first to the very last bite. Mouthwatering fresh seafood, lamb, and stuffed chicken breast are equally as outstanding. Enjoy New Orleans inspired appetizers like Barbecued Shrimp and Mushrooms Stuffed with Crabmeat. Salads, vegetables and potatoes are generous enough to share. Top it all off with a delectable Ruth's Chris signature dessert: Warm Apple Crumb Tart, Chocolate Sin Cake, or the classic Creme Brulee. And, to complement your dining experience, Ruth's Chris wine list boasts over 175 select vintages. This is one big, thick, juicy experience that is sure to be memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Kennesaw - Best Restaurants in Kennesaw ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Kennesaw reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)romantic (31)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (12)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Ruth Chris Kennesaw ExperienceSandrineDined on 8/15/2014The Ruth Chris Steak House Kennesaw location was a much better experience in terms of food and ambience than other locations I've visited. The bone-in ribeye steak was fantastic! Juicy, tender, and flavorful. The maître d' and wait staff were professional and friendly. Nice experience overall.Special Features:
- worst Ruth Chris steak everPauladeanDined on 8/8/2014I ordered a medium Rib eye Pittsburg style.. not charred very well and cam out well done.
- Celebration LunchPatriciaDined on 8/6/2014Because this was in a hotel, they had no say in decor. Our server was very good and informative. There are only 2 locations that serve lunch, the one in Kennesaw and the one in Buckhead. We didn't want to be caught in all the traffic downtown. The food was delicious and prepared as ordered. We did not feel rushed or forgotten. The service was perfect. We would visit this location again for a special occasion. When they found out it was my birthday, the server brought a bread pudding to take home for dessert after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionschickenpluckerDined on 7/28/2014always a great place, very consistent and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SelderlawSelderlawDined on 7/25/2014Very good food and service. The early evening is quite peaceful as the crowds are not in yet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014Have sometime of 10-15 minutes in between appetizer, salad and then entry. Important to bring everyone dinner togetherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceZWagDined on 7/8/2014My first trip to Ruth's Chris had been a long time coming. Always one of those destinations I "meant" to do and never did. However, after the amazing food, great service, and comfortable atmosphere - I'm sure that we'll be going back on a regular basis! I took clients and coworkers for a dinner and wasn't disappointed with anything the entire evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MNB321404Dined on 7/3/2014Went here for my 19th wedding anniversary ,and used open table to make my reservation.When we arrived from the time I stepped into the Resturant I was blown away by the polite host (Michael ) my reservation was at 7:00pm so I was about 20 minutes early,however it wasn't a problem for them to seat me.The waitress was also very nice and polite as well as knowledgeable ,she made my food selection that much easier,as for the food it was excellent!!!! I will visit over and over again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Family Dinner!JackvDined on 6/28/2014Love our dinner at this location, our wait person Stephanie was so awesome! The food was delicious and cook to perfection! Thank you so much for a memorable evening!Special Features:
- Great service, delicious foodChrisVIPDined on 6/27/2014Thank you again to the great wait staff. The service is always top notch. Never want for anything but never intrusive. The seared tuna appetizer and the steaks are fantastic! Great wine list.Special Features:
- Perfect romantic diningAverageguyDined on 6/26/2014Staff was excellent, food was exquisite. Great location to celebrate special evenings.Special Features:
- Trusted optionCaptandOnlyMateDined on 6/25/2014There are a lot of choices for a special meal out, and maybe some turn out better, but it's hard to beat Ruth's Chris for a dependable top shelf dinner out.Special Features:
- Typical Ruth Chris but too slowRfamily9VIPDined on 6/7/2014I go to Ruth Chris a little more than average and I am always impressed as I was with the good at this one. However the speed of service left a bit to be desired. Outside of that it was a great experience they were just very slow.....3 hours for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Anniversary Dinner4leggeddadDined on 5/24/2014We chose to return to the Kennesaw Ruth's Chris to celebrate our anniversary because of our previous good experience here. I was very surprised that on this visit they were able to completely surpass the food quality and service of all of our previous experiences. I mentioned our anniversary in my Open Table reservation and every staff member we came into contact with wished is a happy anniversary. The food quality was above outstanding and the wait staff were simply amazing. I plan on returning for our next experience without waiting for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Special DinnerlmickeyDined on 5/23/2014As usual, Ruth's Cris doesn't disappoint. Everyone was very pleased with their meal. Of particular note was our excellent server who was always at hand without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For what is the price...jojoDined on 5/17/2014I did like the restaurant, the food was good, however when I'm considering a $200 bill I owe at the end of a meal, I'm considering the worth. I have to say places like Kevin Rathbun and BLT downtown are much more appropriate for that you get. The sides are much more extensive and much more gourmet for the prices paid, and the steaks are as delicious. My dining experience overall was good, however if I'm going to spend this much money, I'd prefer the food of either of the other two restaurants. I also thought it hokie that I was offered the choice between bottled water and sparkling water. Don't bring it by, ask your patrons which they want, they know what the bottles look like. I asked for tap.
- Memorable Mother's Dayspoovee1997VIPDined on 5/11/2014We took my Mother to dinner on Mother's Day. I ordered flowers through OpenTable and they were on the table when we arrived. The steak was cooked to perfection, as always, and the garlic smashed potatoes are to die!! It's a little bit of a drive for us, but well worth it.Special Features:
- Date Night !CattleMan1976Dined on 5/9/2014Service was awesome ! Jonathan was a great Waiter !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for parents 28th anniversary!Jellybean92Dined on 4/30/2014We had a gift card for my parents anniversary. I made a reservation online and mentioned the special event. When we arrived they had anniversary sequins on the table, candles lit, and later gave my parents. Complimentary mini dessert. It was our first time here and it made. Good impression. The food was incredible. My father ordered steak MW and we have never seen steak cooked so perfectly. It didn't need steak sauce! I had the ahi tuna MR for my entree and it had a spicy mustard sauce-different, I'm used to sweet soy sauces with ahi tuna- bug it was a nice change. My mom had asparagus and sweet potato casserole (she wasn't very hungry) and they came out in pretty big portions. You could tell everything was fresh off the grill and oven.Special Features:
- Excellent TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/28/2014We had a great time and the service was wonderful. Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable. It could not have been a more enjoyable night. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 358 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Kennesaw reviews archive.
- Prices are OUTRAGEOUS--Not romantic2theMaxDined on 4/6/2014Beautiful decor. Great staff. Waiter approaches table with a selection of two bottles of water-$6. Alcoholic drink-$15. Ordered Porterhouse steak for two-$87. Side items for 2-$9. Steak appeared to have more meat than it really did. Bone was disguised as meat. Steak tasted no better than what any steakhouse sells for $20. Dessert-$9. Bill was a whoping $145!! Thought this was outrageous for the quality of the steak! Sat us at a table surround by people talking loudly. One man was having a business meeting and giving a loud sales pitch. No romantic atmosphere. No dress code-most wear JEANS! Will I go back there--NEVER! Keep your money in your wallet and go to your favorite everyday restaurant that serves steak dinners for a whole lot less.
- Excellent FoodEarthdogDined on 4/4/2014We had an excellent meal. Had the Filet and Lobster. It was perfect the Broccoli was excellent as well. We try to go once a month enjoy dinner drinks and spend the night at the hotel away from the teenagers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!DrTrinaDined on 3/28/2014I booked this spot last minute with request that I needed for a lunch and they were on top of it with no problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food!sherylynnDined on 3/23/2014My husband and I love your food - everything is always delicious - the best steaks ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationAtlGentlemanDined on 3/21/2014Everything was perfect. Every member of th staff and the manager were comitted to ensuring that we had a wonderful anniversary. And we did. Each item we ordered was superbly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Visit is the CharmAdrianVIPDined on 3/21/2014This is the third time I've visited a Ruth's Steakhouse, the first two times I felt unimpressed. Mainly due because of high prices and average tasting steaks compared to some other steakhouses. However this third time turned out to have excellent service and tasting steaks, especially their off-menu Ribeye with Shrimp and delicious sauce, and the Porterhouse. With an elegant and dim environment, this is a great place to take business clients, celebrate special occasions, or in my case enjoy a good dinner. All things considered there are a couple of steakhouses around the same price range which I prefer more, but this last visit has put Ruth's high up on the list. Definitely recommendable for giving it a go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good Food and ServiceLakegirlDined on 3/20/2014Chose to celebrate a birthday dinner here because it was relatively close to home and we hadn't been to this Ruth's Chris location before. It is in the first floor of the Embassy Suites Hotel and there was some kind of corporate function being held at the hotel so there were lots of business diners which changes the atmosphere a bit (it's not a bad thing, just less intimate). The service was impeccable and our server was attentive. We were fortunate enough to be able to order off the early evening fixed price menu which saved a few $. The crab cakes were very good and the filet was cooked perfectly, as expected. Nothing really to complain about, but just wasn't a 5-star experience, in my opinion.Special Features:
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014Expected to be better but disappointed - was almost chainy. Started at bar with drinks & app. Calamari was okay at best-served with a "jelly type" sauce-too sweet. My husbands drink had 3 dead fruit flies. Bartender gave new drink but didn't offer to take off tab. At dinner, another fruit fly trying to get into wine:-( Wedge salad served over bitter greens-too much bitter. My filet was served with red center after ordered as pink ctr. Came back as medium well but was tasty. Loved the sizzling butter:-) Manager came over and asked how everything was- offered free dessert. We did and it was pretty good. Bartender didn't charge for last drink up at bar either. Overall, we wouldn't go back…was disappointing-expected a higher quality experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Good, Location Bad.SRGriggsDined on 3/8/2014This was our first time ever going to Ruth's Chris. We really loved the restaurant but it is in a hotel and there was a special event there the same night that caused all sorts of parking issues. It's not Ruth's Chris fault but it was frustrating.Special Features:
- seated in the kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/28/2014set reservations for our third anniversary, Ruth Chris is our go to celebration location. Arrived early, had a drink at the bar and noticed walk ins were being seated while we waited for our table. Asked the hostess if our table was ready, she seated two more groups of walk-ins and finally took us down the hall, across from the kitchen door and more or less said have a seat. I should have asked for a better table which would have been about any place, but since it was our anniversary and my wife was really looking forward to the evening I didn't. Once seated it became apparent that every time the kitchen door opened the table was hit with a blast of cold air. continued in private note if anyone is interested.Special Features:
- Lauren's 16th BirthdayGeneDined on 2/17/2014We took our oldest Grand Daughter to the Ruth's Chris in Jacksonville Florida to celebrate her birthday about 5 years ago. Last year we celebrated at Chops Lobster Bar in Atlanta. It was good but when I ask her where she wanted to go this year for her 16th,,, it was all Ruth's Chris. She is a steak lover and feels that ya'll have the best. We were made to feel welcome from the very first minute all the way thru the meal. The wait staff made her feel special and that's what we wanted. We hope all goes well so we can plan on seeing you again when she turns 17. Thanks for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was Great!SzabogaDined on 2/15/2014Pros: Food, Ambience, Menu choices, Fantastic service Cons: Not much parkingSpecial Features:
- dinnersteakDined on 2/15/2014was seated immediately, waited on promptly but never felt rushed. everything was served timely and food was great. a little slow on getting the bill and out the door but other than that very enjoyableSpecial Features:
- ReviewSilvereagleDined on 2/13/2014The service was fair and normally it is excellent. My steak was under cooked I asked for medium and it was medium rare over half the steak. I have never had a steak under cooked in all my visits to a Ruth Chris steak house. We had to wait for drinks too long and it was not half full. So this came to a big disappointment to my wife and me we don't like paying for Ruth Chris prices and getting Road House services.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014There is no side dish, in this world, better than Ruth's Chris' creamed spinach. Yet again, it didn't disappoint. The steaks were outstanding, the desserts top notch. My go to celebration restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably Excellent!steakat50Dined on 1/22/2014My wife and I were at Ruth's to celebrate our 50th birthday (born same day, same month, same year). Wanting to add to the great dining experience (and to focus our turning 50 on her alone), I ordered flowers in advance through Open-Table's vendor and the staff at Ruth's had already placed the flowers at a table prior to our arrival. The service was excellent in every way, from a warm greeting at the hostess counter to the wait staff that followed, to the excellent meal we each thoroughly enjoyed. We have dined at this location a few times before and have enjoyed the experience each time. I highly recommend this restaurant as one of the very few truly excellent restaurants in Kennesaw!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JoeyGDined on 1/10/2014Food is excellent. Even the non steak entrees are great for anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints. The steakTYS0818Dined on 1/4/2014Never disappoints. The steak is cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the sameTerriVIPDined on 1/3/2014The food is always good, the service is always very good. You can rely on Ruth's Chris to be the same no matter where you go. It isn't a romantic location as there are far too many families but it is good for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodDgabelDined on 1/3/2014My wife and I greatly enjoyed the food provided by this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.