Ruth's Chris Steak House - Kansas City
700 W. 47th Street, Suite 115
The Plaza Steppes
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3827/Kansas-City
- Phone: 8165314800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Naime
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Kansas City, MO - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Terra Blazek 8165314800
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Kansas City
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Kansas City, MO serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
- Closing?MondialVIPDined on 3/23/2014This is/was one of the best restaurants in Kansas City. So sorry they had to close. It will be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RIP RCKC - Please reopen!dohomerDined on 3/23/2014So sorry to see RC leave. Enjoyed meal as usual. Have eaten at RC's in LA, Vegas(2), Baton Rouge, Dallas, Pittsburgh, and here. All the same quality. Now I'll have to find a new place to eat steak. As I told the server, the meal was average - for RC, excellent compared to anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad To See Them GoJimandVickiVIPDined on 3/22/2014Great steaks, chop salad and wonderful staff! We will miss you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyKimboDined on 3/21/2014Had to use up my giftcard! A few flaws with salads and drinks, but food was wonderful overall.Special Features:
- Fantastic. Sad they are closingScottiegalDined on 3/20/2014Best filet I've ever tasted. Great service. I cannot understand why it's closing. Very sadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavors are awesome!ScubatwigDined on 3/19/2014Celebrating a birthday with all the food/wine pairing I could enjoy. Only think that kept it from being absolutely a perfect evening was the arrival of the entree within in a minute of receiving the appetizer/salads at our table. By the expression that crossed the wait staff's face, this was unexpected. We naturally put the cooler dishes aside and tucked into our steaks - which were perfect! Going from a filet mignon with a full-bodied Cabernet Sauvignon back to an Ahi Tuna with a medium bodied Sauvignon Blanc was not a perfect order of flavored in the palette. Table staff are attentive and seem to time their visits to the table appropriately. Great selection of wines both by the bottle and by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant ClosingdonfromwestboroughVIPDined on 3/19/2014My understanding is that this restaurant is closing by the end of this month. Service was great, but selections (food and wine) were a joke. Asked for three different wines before we found one that they had. Ordered three cuts of steaks but they were out of one and substituted a different cut for one that we had ordered that was $40 more than the one we selected - and the extra $40 was on the bill. We went there often, always liked it - but deeply disappointed this last time. Check to see if it is open and if they have a full inventory before you go.
- average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/18/2014I was disappointed. The service started out great but after the food was delivered, it was non-existant. There is no presentation. Just a steak on a white plate. Not even a sprig of parsley. Lower end restaurants have better presentation. The mushrooms were tasteless and my husband's steak was hard to cut. I am not sure if things were less than great due to the fact they are closing, but I would not recommend Ruth's Chris to anyone.
- Ruth's will be missedDavidDined on 3/13/2014We had to have one last filet from Ruth's Chris before they close their KC location at the end of the month. The only drawback to this visit was our original table location. Right at the entrance to the main dining room, asked for another table but would take some time to get another set up so we decided to stay. Then, they started seating a group on the patio and access was directly by our table. A keenly aware individual recognized that this wasn't good so they offered to move us to a different table. Great service recovery! As always, the food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Sad to see it close. FoodsushimushiporkDined on 3/11/2014Sad to see it close. Food was terrific and our server was very attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, but good foodBobbyTDined on 3/7/2014The food was fantastic, as expected. What we didn't expect was the noise level. Even sitting in a booth at the edge of the dining room, we had to yell at each other to be heard, and sometimes, even that wasn't enough. It also didn't help that the maitre d' was making the rounds, telling people next to us (on both sides) why the restaurant is closing, and his future plans, in a rather loud voice.Special Features:
- Best Steaks in Kansas City!AnabelDined on 3/7/2014This is our favorite restaurant for Celebrations! Food is always delicious with beautiful presentation! Staff are welcoming and attentive without being intrusive! Great view of Plaza! We are so disappointed they are closing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for your AnniversaryjerrychillDined on 3/1/2014It's been several years since I went to Ruth Chris. We walked in for our reservation and they moved us immediately to our table. On the table they had a Happy Anniversary cars signed by several of the employees and roses decorating the table. My wife loved it! Excellent food, extremely great T-Bone - the filet side melted like butter!! Easily the best I've ever had. Amazing and attentive wait staff. Could not ask for anything better. When the dessert came they wrote in chocolate Happy Anniversary. And it was very pretty handwriting. It added to a special evening. We can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBogamDined on 2/23/2014Best steak ever. It's consistent every time we dine there. The atmosphere is relaxing; the food is off the charts; the service is the perfect balance of elegant yet easy. One of my favorite places to dine in Kansas City or any city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencewilson15Dined on 2/21/2014We took my parents here for their wedding anniversary. I had noted that when I made the reservation, and upon arriving, our table was decorated with rose petals, and there was a very nice card from the restaurant to my parents. The food was fantastic, the service was wonderful, and my parents really felt that it was a special occasion. They even brought out a dessert plate that had "Happy Anniversary" written on it with chocolate. It was expensive, but we knew it and prepared for it, and for a special occasion, is totally worth it.Special Features:
- Maybe the best steakhouse in KCdonfromwestboroughVIPDined on 2/19/2014Have eaten at all of the major (and most of the minor) steakhouses in KC over the past year. This was the best overall experience - excellent cut of meat, cooked properly, strong wine selection, very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit, but disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014The restaurant itself is very cozy. The calamari was outstanding! We were disappointed in our steaks being very underdone and had to send them back. By the time we got them back, had to eat our augrautin potato dish w/o our steaks so timing was not the greatest. Couldn't get waiter's attention to re-order beverages so had to order through Manager who brought our steaks back, which were very tasty, but also had to eat them without any other side dishes. We will return but hope to have the service we experienced with our first visit which was outstanding. We were told the waiter who made our experience so memorable, left Ruth Chris - and was very sorry we were not able to request him again as our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Special Occasion SpotwjwphdDined on 2/15/2014This is a good option to consider if you're celebrating a special occasion. The service is outstanding. The food is good, but perhaps not as good as you'd expect for what you pay. Still, it's a solid option to consider for a once-a-year type of outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Great Service.fyfxDined on 2/15/2014We really enjoyed our dinner and all the help our waiter gave us. The food was good. Everything was good. We will be back.Special Features:
- Not the usualJaimeDined on 2/14/2014This particular experience was out of the ordinary. Even though we had reservations we had to wait 20 minutes. We ordered bottled water and the waiter completely forgot to bring it. I ordered a steak and it was prepared wrong and I had to send it back, my husband ordered stuffed chicken and they forgot to stuff it with cheese. We felt very rushed and decided to just leave after we ate. This was unusual for this restaurant as we are frequent visitors. Needless to say we may take a break from Ruth Chris.
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/11/2014We were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Greeters/Hostess commented immediately in their welcome. Personal congratulatory note from proprietor; nice touch. Table sprayed with rose petals; very nice touch. Several mentions throughout the evening. Excellent food. Extensive wine list. Very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- We are very dissipointed thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2014We are very dissipointed that Ruth Criss is moving from the plaza. We have always looked forward to restuarant week dining and will miss it. The food is always excellent and service the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulStephDined on 2/1/2014They did wonderful in making us feel special! It was my husbands birthday and this restaurant did a perfect job in celebrating with/for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where to begin...FoodfoodmorefoodDined on 1/27/2014I have eaten a lot of great food, but this was a first at Ruth's Chris. I've heard great things and it did not disappoint. My server was great, friendly, and caring. Then the food. Oh the food. That sizzling sound on the 500 degree plate brought a smile to my face. The steak was one of the best ones I've ever had. This restaurant may not be the cheapest or the most kid friendly, but it is definitely on my top lists for restaurants in Kansas City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris wins againreviewerDined on 1/27/2014We always enjoy the atmosphere and service while dining at Ruth's Chris. The excellent steak was cooked correctly and the sides were superb.Special Features:
- Went during KCRW on 1/26 forBBQBillDined on 1/26/2014Went during KCRW on 1/26 for dinner. Got a seat in the lounge which worked out perfect, since my date had to cancel. Cesar Salad was huge and enough for a whole meal. The dressing was just the right amount and shaved parmesean a perfect match. Steak was cooked perfectly with 3 Shrimp on top. Nice touch and a perfect accompaniment. Had some sizzle on the plate, and just the right amount of butter and was great dipping the shrimp into it. One of the best meals I ate all week. Duo of Chocolate Sin Cake and berries were a perfect way to end this meal. Would recommend them for their steaks as well as this restaurant.. Will return.Special Features:
- The restaurant week menu wasMcoburnDined on 1/26/2014The restaurant week menu was great. The steaks were some of the best I've had during the week visiting various steak houses.Special Features:
- Great service and wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2014We came for the last night of restaurant week. We had a larger party that kept gaining and losing people over the course of a week, and they were extremly kind and accommodating. Brandon and Hanna were our servers and they were outstanding. Great food, cocktails, and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the most partr1100rtDined on 1/26/2014The only thing that was frustrating was we showed up for our 4:15 reservation about a half hour early. Hostess told us it would 4:15 exactly (and that they weren't open yet) so we walked around the Plaza killing time. Came back about 4:05 and there people already eating in the bar area? It only takes 5 minutes for people to get food? And after checking back in with the hostess we had to wait almost 10 minutes before being seated even though there was hardly anyone else there. Hostess was just having a hard time all around. Server and server's assistant were absolutely wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2014My wife and I enjoyed a special birthday dinner for her this Saturday. The table was decorated with sparkles and sprinkles. The service was very good. The course were timed and delivered to near perfection. My wife's minestrone soup was delivered a bit cold. But the steaks were delivered hot and cooked exactly as ordered. Dessert was dressed up for her with a candle! Overall, a great birthday dinner and fantastic value for restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food at its BestChili7Dined on 1/25/2014The service and food were superb. We were not rushed between courses and the service was excellent. The food was wonderful and was served hot, which made the main entree delicious. Each and every course was great. It is important to feel comfortable and to be treated well land at this establishment everything was memorable. When dessert was served they included writing (Iin chocolate) on our plate the words Happy Anniversary. It made that evening that much more celebratory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All my food was great andDebbieDined on 1/25/2014All my food was great and the service was good! I have never eaten there before and was pleasantly surprised. I will come back for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little over pricedMichellekDined on 1/24/2014Ford was good but did not wow me like some other comparable establishment. The menu is a little pricy being all ala cart. On the upside the service was impeccable - Our server was Gsry, he was one of the best servers I have ever encountered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageAndyDined on 1/24/2014Got the 8oz fillet, the flavor was good but not very tender, others at our table the steaks were under cooked. Mashed potatoes were bland, mushrooms not very good and broccoli au-gratin was broccoli in a pool of butter/cheese sauce. Dessert was a chocolate truffle cake with berries, the "cake" was not a cake at all, just cool,, very rich piece of chocolate. This is not what I would expect from a prime steak house serving the top 2% of prime steaks. For the money there are many better options, and better options as well that are less expensive. The service was very good, waiter was very personable and helpful.Special Features:
- Ruth & ChrisBirdBeakDined on 1/23/2014This was a solid experience. It took the server and I some time to gel, but we made it. The highlight had to be the steak served on a 500 degree plate. That was a new experience, but is awesome, especially on a cold winter night. The server was able to answer my question about the history of the restaurant. There's a lobster tank near the door, so you may get to see someone at the restaurant take a lobster from there. One negative, there's not a lot of space near the front of the restaurant. I felt like I was getting in the way as I waited for my table to be ready.Special Features:
- Possibly the best steak of my lifeEricaDined on 1/23/2014When I made the reservation, I was skeptical because I knew Ruth's Chris was a chain and didn't want to be disappointed by the experience. I had the filet minon, and it was DELICIOUS! Cooked perfectly medium rare, so full of flavor, and so tender. The side dishes that my husband and I ordered were big enough to share, and everything was so good that we ate until we were in pain, then ate some more. I will definitely keep Ruth's Chris in mind next time I want a nice dinner with my husband and don't want the debt that comes with eating at Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Great foodkcdineDined on 1/23/2014On our last visit the food was great but the service was not up to what we have come to know at Ruth's Chris. Our server, Thom, was not attentive to our table and did not provide the service one would expect at this caliber of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth itSarahDined on 1/22/2014Known for their steaks, so expect to pay for them. You won't walk out of there for under $50 per person. Appetizers were $16+ (a little much I thought for 6 shrimp) They bring out free bread, so you might just skip the appetizers all together. Steaks were delicious, sides mediocre and the restaurant was FREEZING.Special Features:
- Best Steaks in Kansas City!muncherDined on 1/21/2014We tried Ruth's Chris during restaurant week and we were very pleased! We were a party of 6 and were seated in a back room. Our waiter, Sean, was terrific! We all got the price fixed three course dinner and everything was scrumptious! We will return for special occasions and for sure during restaurant week next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMatthewDined on 1/20/2014The filet was phenomenal, and the presentation as well. Cooked perfectly and served sizzling. If you can afford it, i highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.