Ruth's Chris Steak House - Jacksonville
1201 Riverplace Boulevard
Jacksonville, FL 32207Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Jacksonville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/7200/Jacksonville/Riverfront
- Phone: 9043966200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Wilson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Jacksonville, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Laura Hayes 9043966200
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Jacksonville
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Jacksonville, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Jacksonville - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Jacksonville reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)scenic view (66)romantic (54)notable wine list (26)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (20)vibrant bar scene (16)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (10)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (1)Show More
- 5 Starslpc123Dined on 9/9/2014One word. AMAZING! Atmosphere, View, Food, Friendliness and Staff were very attentive. Always end up leaving satisfied, a smile on my face and a happy belly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Share67Dined on 9/1/2014Great as always. The martinis were made perfectly and all of the entrées were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place to Celebrate With FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014We went with friends for a birthday celebration. The steaks were delicious and the sides also excellent.Special Features:
- A Top Jacksonville RestaurantNanseeDined on 8/29/2014Consistently great view, one of very best in city for evening dining. Lively bar scene. Food predictably delicious and this Ruth's Chris location has some of the most professional waiters in town. Never a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 Choice AlwaysSatisfiedDined on 8/25/2014Whenever I come to town and want to treat my most beloved family to dinner, there is no second choice! Thanks Jonathan for exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in JaxkebwVIPDined on 8/25/2014As always, Ruth's Chris doesn't disappoint us! The food, service and senic view are not to be out done by any restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alltime FavoriteFancyVIPDined on 8/23/2014We like excellent quality American food that we grew up with best of all. The steaks at Ruth's Chris can or can almost be cut with a fork. The flavor is unparalleled and no other steakhouse suits us as does Ruth's Chris. We have been to 23 in the US. The hot, crusty bread is so satisfying and the side dishes are varied and delicious-especially the creamed spinach and potatoes au gratin in our opinions. No, we can't eat like this every day and it's not heart healthy. But, if you want a delicious food with excellent preparation and taste, you can't beat this. How much grilled chicken breast and broccoli can you stand?Special Features:
- ilovesteakiloveseafoodDined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent. Server was good. Crab cakes excellent. Harvest Salad came in timely manner and was good. Way too much time between salad and main course. Filet was excellent.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Always maintains consistently good food, service and location.Special Features:
- Never Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Love this place! We always come here for our anniversary and it's always a great night. The service is impeccable and the food is amazing. It might be a little pricey, but you will leave satisfied every time! Ask for a table by the windows if you'd like to look out at the river and city! Thank you James (our waiter) for making it a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMayinFLDined on 8/21/2014This was my first visit to this particular Ruth Chris (I have been to the one in Orlando a few years ago). I was w/7 other family members. We were all celebrating my parents' 56th Wedding Anniversary. The staff made the occasion a memorable one. There were fresh red rose petals scattered in the center of our round table along w/a card signed by all staff members on duty wishing my parents a Happy Anniversary. Everything we ordered was so delicious. My parents even received a special dessert for them to share that had a single lit candle & chocolate syrup on the plate that spelled out "Happy 56th Anniversary". It was such a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Present experienceKittyDined on 8/16/2014Friendly waiters, nice waterfront view, and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client FavoriteAviatorDined on 8/3/2014Took several of clients to the restaurant and they raved about the food. The atmosphere was great. A very positive experience for our business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingFancyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Our most recent visit to Ruth's Chris Jacksonville was as outstanding as anticipated. The food, ambiance and Mat were the very best and we can't wait to go back. thanks for providing such a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only One Disappointment....Much1Dined on 7/24/2014This location is in the Crowne Plaza Hotel across the river from downtown JAX. River view is great, ambience is very good, waiter was efficient, courteous and amusing. Wine (Novy Syrah) was pricey but well worth it. The only disappointment was the meat. My lamb chops were a very generous portion but unevenly cooked and not seasoned well. My wife's filet was not as juicy or flavorful as one expects from a big league steak house chain. A la carte sides were presented as an afterthought and were expensive. We will definetely give Ruth Chris a second chance on the entrees, can't fairly judge based on a single experience. P.S. Do stay at the hotel, it is newly renovated, comfortable and relatively inexpensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service - Good FoodCasualdinerDined on 7/22/2014We're not regulars unless you count special occasions. Had the prix fixe meal 6oz tenderloin, 5oz lobster tail. Server recommended medium rare on the loin - Way under cooked! Rather flavorless. Had to scrape off the garlic topping which overpowered the steak. Flavor of lobster tail was mediocre at best. Would not order this again. Side dish of creamy spinach came warm but cooled quickly. Did the up-charge on the desert to crème brulee. Not worth a $4 up-charge. Just run of the mill. Great location for a special occasion. Would not make this a regular spot. Ruth Chris does not have the franchise on beef tenderloin. For a real experience in beef tenderloin, try the Canadian restaurant at EPCOT Le Cellier. OUTSTANDING!Special Features:
- Perfect experience!JbruceDined on 7/21/2014From the warm and friendly greeting of the parking valet to our waiter chasing after us with the forgotten leftover boxes it was a wonderful evening for a special occasion. The views of downtown across the St. John's River are amazing which match the food, service and ambience of this superb Ruth's Chris location.Special Features:
- Excellent food & diningJillDined on 7/19/2014I had dinner last Saturday night with a dear friend & sister-in-law. The food was terrific and the ambience was perfect. The service could not have been better. Our dining experience was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014As always the food and service was great. Though expensive, it is a true experience worth the cost. They always deliver top notch service and the best food you can ask for. It is a great dinner venue.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014Service and Food were impeccable from beginning to end.Special Features:
- Great place to dineCindyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Love this place. Food is consistently great! Service is impeccable and view is fantastic. We live across street from this fine dining establishment. Love to go there. Bar menu is Aldo fantastic for a light dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointingcharlieDined on 7/11/2014So nice to be able to sit down and have a wonderful dinner and hear the conversation at the table. One of the few places in town with out the load musicSpecial Features:
- Great... as always!ChuckVIPDined on 7/10/2014Great meal , as you would expect. The Corn Chowder was flavorful and full of corn, shallots and bits of bacon. The broth was creamy but not too thick. It was just right. The caesar salad was fresh and the dressing had just the proper acidity and a touch of anchovy. The steaks melted in our mouths. Filet Mignon served on a plate (that must have been 5,000 degrees) was cooked to perfection. Tender, moist and juicy with a brilliant red center. The Creamed spinach was wonderful, as was the au gratin potato. My first time to this Ruth's Chris and it is certainly up to the standards of the rest of the chain and the many other locations that I have visited in the past. Loved it!Special Features:
- Firewoork SpotGeemanDined on 7/4/2014Dined during the Fouth of July Firework display. It was awesome. Great view, food and service. Booked for next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/2/2014I have been to fine restaurants all over the world including Michelin star restaurants and no fillet in the world is better than Ruth Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS A GREAT EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014A little expensive, but for a special occasion it's well worth it. Have dined here many times in the past and always a wonderful time. Great food, great atmosphere and great view of the St. John's river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mathew Made the Evening Once AgainFancyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Ruth's Chris always excels with delicious food and drink but I want to focus on the outstanding service again provided by Mathew. He is knowledgeable, polite and best of all can gauge a party's timing. He provides the consummate service to make the evening perfect. He is an exceptional attribute to the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.SnapperDined on 6/24/2014The escargot was delish, giant onions rings (slightly greasy, but good), filet melted in my mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014I loved the food and the service I received from my waiter ! Ruth Chris was the perfect restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply deliciouschanukeDined on 6/14/2014My dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House was simply delicious. Hands down, this was my best dining experience thus far. My 6 oz. filet finished with butter and garlic was cooked to perfection and paired perfectly with the shrimp. This, along with my appetizer of barbecue shrimp, Butter Lettuce BLT salad and sauteed mushrooms, was all mouth watering. I will definitely be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerGODOGDined on 6/14/2014Great Food, Great View, Great Service!!! We enjoy Birthdays and Anniversaries with you!Special Features:
- Great Food and Great People!ChillDined on 6/10/2014Friendly, very helpful staff. They snapped a wonderful picture for me as I proposed to my girl friend. Also, the food was wonderful for my special occasion. Great Spot and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/9/2014Great location again... Every year for anniversary it's great at every locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When you want memorable eveningWoolbullDined on 6/9/2014At Ruth's Chris you expect warm, friendly, professional service ; great drinks/wine list; and excellent food expertly prepared.....and you get it 100% of the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Piece of MeatSteakDined on 6/7/2014We split the Porterhouse for two....it was delicious(better than I was expecting). Service and ambiance were quite nice BUT....come on Ruth's Chris! Your "scalloped potatoes" cannot just be sliced potatoes with melted cheddar on them. That was embarassing for a place like yours. It wouldn't keep me from going back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hourRossiVIPDined on 6/6/2014My boyfriend and I were in town on business and pretty much planned our trip around going to the happy hour here. It's a great atmosphere and Scott was a great bartender! We will definitely be back next time we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandinggoodtimeVIPDined on 5/30/2014Richard was our waiter and we have had him before and he was wonderful again. The food is Great and I have recommended this restaurant to several people and will continue to do so. Keep up the great work ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly GoodImpressedDined on 5/25/2014Had the opportunity to take my son, his girlfriend and my wife out to Ruth's Chris for a special birthday dinner on May 25th. The evening was terrific. We got the window table we requested, with a view of the St. John's River and downtown Jacksonville, and the service and food were excellent. We have tried other popular steak houses in and around Jacksonville and have found that Ruth's Chris is the most consistent of all of them. We will make Ruth's Chris our preferred steak house for any future event.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014We have been here before and have had great experiences. Our table had 3 steaks, all arrived under cooked, we all asked for medium and received all rare. Two of us sent ours back, one came out cooked to temperature, the other was still medium rare. That one was sent back again and came back very tuff of course. They were nice enough to take that one off the bill but one of us left there hungry. With steak being their specialty, we were all very surprised that none of our steaks were cooked to the temperature we asked! Also our waiter had no personality.Special Features:
- Reservation50thDined on 5/23/2014The staff could not do more to accomodate us and make us feel welcomed. We did not have a reservation and had a party of 7 but they did everything to make it work.Special Features: