Ruth's Chris Steak House - Jacksonville
1201 Riverplace Boulevard
Jacksonville, FL 32207Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Jacksonville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/7200/Jacksonville/Riverfront
- Phone: (904) 396-6200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Wilson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Jacksonville, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Laura Hayes 9043966200
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Jacksonville
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Jacksonville, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Jacksonville - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Jacksonville reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)scenic view (60)romantic (49)notable wine list (26)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (10)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great River Front Dinnningsarguy64Dined on 11/19/2014This is a great place to spend an anniversary or special occasion as it has a great view of downtown and the St. Johns River. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris at Crown Plaza / Jacksonville, FLMPPhillyDined on 11/19/2014Service was wonderful and food was great too! Thank you Ruth Chris!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful mealElaine57Dined on 11/19/2014Filet was cooked perfectly. Enjoyed the chopped salad and Lobster bisque. The service was absolutely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Ruth's Chris has a reputation of excellence, and we were not disappointed. Great service, food cooked to perfection, it was a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suoerb for special occasionsAdmiralDined on 11/12/2014Ruth's Chris sets the standard in Jacksonville for fine dining, and especially meat; however, its ala carte menu makes it very pricy when compared with other comparable first class dining establishments in Jacksonville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerFloatersNowDined on 11/10/2014The wife and I always enjoy going here for a nice dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed Food and TimingAllcowDined on 11/1/2014Our dinner with 8 followed a football game at EverBank Field and we were all looking forward to wonderful steak dinners. Most ordered a rib-eye option and all found the meat to be tough - to the point of not being enjoyable. Salads and sides were wonderful but the timing of service was worrisome. Our salads were delayed resulting in the steaks arriving immediately afterwards - our servers saw the issue and did not attempt to serve the main course, returning it to the kitchen. This left us wondering if it went in the warming oven or what? After a very long delay, a fresh set of entrees arrived and then the quality of the meat finished off the disappointing evening. Wine list is extensive and the view is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Best in JaxAdmiralDined on 10/28/2014Like most Ruth's Chris restaurants, the Jax one on the river is superb. While a bit pricey, it never lets one down and always has impeccable service and food. One of nicest things about this downtown restaurant on the river is that one can carry on a conversation using a normal tone of voice.Special Features:
- ModMikeDined on 10/25/2014As always the ambience, food and service are outstanding. The best restaurant in Jacksonville in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ruth chris deliversfeedmeDined on 10/25/2014top tier steak-nice table- only quibble- tiny plates- hard to manage sides w/ steak on a saucerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mare48Dined on 10/25/2014Our favorite spot. RC Jacksonville on the river is stunning! The service ( Richard in particular) outstanding. The food is always delicious and hot which today is a treat in restaurants. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion that you want to be extra special....enjoy!Special Features:
- jaxbDined on 10/22/2014One of our favorite in Jacksonville for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicefinerdinerDined on 10/19/2014Wonderful meal! Excellent food and service. Peaceful river view - very convenient location.Special Features:
- Overall GoodAnniversarydinnerDined on 10/19/2014The service, ambiance, and view was superb. The food was good, but my steak had several charred pieces that was not tasty at all.Special Features:
- DisappointedeatoutalotVIPDined on 10/18/2014Had not been to Ruth Chris in some time. Food was good but not outstanding, especially for the cost. Server forgot our appetizer even after being reminded. Wine took 15+ minutes to get to table. salad course was 45 minutes after we were seated. We felt we can get better quality food at several other Jacksonville restaurants and certainly with better service. Obviously it will be some time before we return.Special Features:
- Always greathave2eatDined on 10/11/2014I have dined at several Ruth Chris locations and the food is great. The servers and staff are pleasant and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a Prime high end steakhouseMisterDined on 10/10/2014We had dinner for our anniversary, the service was exceptional and the food was very good. The fillet and lamb chops were cooked perfectly as well as the lobster. Or server wisely brought to our attention the tarragon leek butter the chef was using on the steaks that evening. We got it on the side, the leek was very strong, glad it was on the side. The salads we fresh and well portioned only comment was one of them called for blue cheese, but it tasted like goat cheese, not a big deal if you like goat cheese. The lobster Mac n cheese, was very tasty but appered to be bowl of macaroni with cheese and lobster pieces scattered on top, not the traditional casserole consistency.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewNanseeVIPDined on 10/10/20142nd dining visit in a week here - Unusual but we were invited by another couple and never say no to Ruth's Chris. Again it was excellent. A tad better earlier in the week. Requested light dressing in chopped salad and it was drenched required send back and fellow diner asked for broiled tomatoes with steak and received sliced cold tomatoes under his steak required send back to kitchen. We did not have one of their seasoned waiters that night taking our orders. A key at RC is having one of their longtime experienced career waiters.Special Features:
- Food with a ViewNanseeVIPDined on 10/7/2014Although RCI restaurant was slow for a Tuesday evening, the dining room was dominated by groups of business folks enjoying chatty dinner at this central spot. We were a group of 4 enjoying a corner window table with sweeping views, top waiter Jeremy, there are numerous great highly trained waiters here anticipating your every need. Chopped Salad tops, Petit filet perfection, fancy mushrooms, enormous and flavorful baked Idaho - chocolate bark, always great, never disappoints.Special Features:
- awesome spot for enjoyable evening!RickyDined on 9/27/2014Food was perfect, service impeccable, just right for date night with wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cayitaDined on 9/26/2014good food and excelent service i really enjoy my birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDmoneyDined on 9/23/2014We went for our anniversary and they made it very special for us! The food was great and the staff was very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to rememberlauramaeDined on 9/21/2014Every time we go to Ruths Chris we say 'we need to remember to come here more often'. Maybe they should advertise? We LOVE it when we actually make it to them....just forget when we're going to our 'usual places' on weekends. The food is ALWAYS impeccable! Service is just the way we like it -- attentive, nice, makes us feel special; Great drinks. Overall awesome experience...every time.Special Features:
- 2nd Visitda1randyDined on 9/20/2014This was my second visit to this particular Ruth's. And I must say that the food was much better the first time. Though the cocktails are still superior. My Salmon was way under cooked and not seasoned well. My asparagus was blad cold. On my next visit to Jacksonville I'm sure that I wont be back at Ruth's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably excellentlhdeasonDined on 9/14/2014When we think special occasion RC is always #1. We love the riverfront location for view. The food is always dependable, service is great and it's just a place we can count on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Starslpc123Dined on 9/9/2014One word. AMAZING! Atmosphere, View, Food, Friendliness and Staff were very attentive. Always end up leaving satisfied, a smile on my face and a happy belly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Share67Dined on 9/1/2014Great as always. The martinis were made perfectly and all of the entrées were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place to Celebrate With FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014We went with friends for a birthday celebration. The steaks were delicious and the sides also excellent.Special Features:
- A Top Jacksonville RestaurantNanseeVIPDined on 8/29/2014Consistently great view, one of very best in city for evening dining. Lively bar scene. Food predictably delicious and this Ruth's Chris location has some of the most professional waiters in town. Never a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 Choice AlwaysSatisfiedDined on 8/25/2014Whenever I come to town and want to treat my most beloved family to dinner, there is no second choice! Thanks Jonathan for exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in JaxkebwVIPDined on 8/25/2014As always, Ruth's Chris doesn't disappoint us! The food, service and senic view are not to be out done by any restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alltime FavoriteFancyVIPDined on 8/23/2014We like excellent quality American food that we grew up with best of all. The steaks at Ruth's Chris can or can almost be cut with a fork. The flavor is unparalleled and no other steakhouse suits us as does Ruth's Chris. We have been to 23 in the US. The hot, crusty bread is so satisfying and the side dishes are varied and delicious-especially the creamed spinach and potatoes au gratin in our opinions. No, we can't eat like this every day and it's not heart healthy. But, if you want a delicious food with excellent preparation and taste, you can't beat this. How much grilled chicken breast and broccoli can you stand?Special Features:
- ilovesteakiloveseafoodDined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent. Server was good. Crab cakes excellent. Harvest Salad came in timely manner and was good. Way too much time between salad and main course. Filet was excellent.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Always maintains consistently good food, service and location.Special Features:
- Never Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Love this place! We always come here for our anniversary and it's always a great night. The service is impeccable and the food is amazing. It might be a little pricey, but you will leave satisfied every time! Ask for a table by the windows if you'd like to look out at the river and city! Thank you James (our waiter) for making it a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMayinFLDined on 8/21/2014This was my first visit to this particular Ruth Chris (I have been to the one in Orlando a few years ago). I was w/7 other family members. We were all celebrating my parents' 56th Wedding Anniversary. The staff made the occasion a memorable one. There were fresh red rose petals scattered in the center of our round table along w/a card signed by all staff members on duty wishing my parents a Happy Anniversary. Everything we ordered was so delicious. My parents even received a special dessert for them to share that had a single lit candle & chocolate syrup on the plate that spelled out "Happy 56th Anniversary". It was such a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Present experienceKittyDined on 8/16/2014Friendly waiters, nice waterfront view, and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client FavoriteAviatorDined on 8/3/2014Took several of clients to the restaurant and they raved about the food. The atmosphere was great. A very positive experience for our business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 520 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Jacksonville reviews archive.
- Always OutstandingFancyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Our most recent visit to Ruth's Chris Jacksonville was as outstanding as anticipated. The food, ambiance and Mat were the very best and we can't wait to go back. thanks for providing such a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only One Disappointment....Much1Dined on 7/24/2014This location is in the Crowne Plaza Hotel across the river from downtown JAX. River view is great, ambience is very good, waiter was efficient, courteous and amusing. Wine (Novy Syrah) was pricey but well worth it. The only disappointment was the meat. My lamb chops were a very generous portion but unevenly cooked and not seasoned well. My wife's filet was not as juicy or flavorful as one expects from a big league steak house chain. A la carte sides were presented as an afterthought and were expensive. We will definetely give Ruth Chris a second chance on the entrees, can't fairly judge based on a single experience. P.S. Do stay at the hotel, it is newly renovated, comfortable and relatively inexpensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.