Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis
45 S. Illinois Street
Circle Centre Mall
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschrisindy.com/
- Phone: 3176331313x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday:5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday-Saturday:5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Lounge opens daily at 4 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Bradley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Indianapolis offers private & semi-private space for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Kassie Haston 3176331313x
- Entertainment: Live piano Monday through Sunday: 6:30pm - 10:00pm
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis
Ruth's Chris Steak House is Indianapolis' preferred downtown dining Location! Close to all major downtown hotels, Lucas Oil Stadium, the Indiana Convention Center and of course the Circle Centre Mall. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for 2, an important business dinner or a private party, fully handicapped accessible, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs. Ruth's Chris never fails to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)romantic (40)notable wine list (19)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (10)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- The food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The staff was very friendly. We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our experienceeatingoutDined on 10/13/2014great service, very good food, took friends really enjoyed ourselvesSpecial Features:
- Ruth's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Good food. Good service. However, we waited over 25 minutes to get seated which never occurs when using Open Table. I wouldn't be complaining if we didn't watch 4-5 other parties get seated in front us who clearly did not have a reservation.Special Features:
- SteakhousePRC1Dined on 9/16/2014Ruth's Chris is consistent where ever I travel. For the reliability alone it gets high marks.Special Features:
- Great eveningCarrieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Dinner was fantastic my steak was cooked to perfection. All of the food was amazing....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The server and attendants that waited on us were best I have experienced.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerJanieDined on 9/4/2014We took our nephew from Germany for his 21st birthday. He ordered the bone-in ribeye and loved it! All the steaks were cooked to perfection. We love sitting in the bar. The pianist is super!Special Features:
- Great FoodBridgetteDined on 8/30/2014I went here for Devour Downtown and the food and service was good. Friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sizzling steak on a plateAngieDined on 8/30/2014Ruth's' Chris is awesome. We had a great meal. Our steaks came out sizzling hot with a butter on top. Amazing! Service was great too. We will go back, and I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST STEAKS IN INDIANAPOLIS4exquisiteVIPDined on 8/28/2014Ruths Chris is always our first go to for steaks. We happened to gk during devour downtown 2014 for our anniversary but have been other times and service was still outstanding as ever. I got my filet Oscar style....soooooo incredibly divine! It's worth the money and is definitely a treat. The steaks always cut like butter and melt in your mouth. When our food first came out, my filet was topped with the wrong accompaniments. They didn't just take my steak, they took all the plates, including husband's, to keep them warm. Our tables had fresh rose petals for our anniversary and we got a special plate that said " Happy Anniversary" in chocolate with chocolate dipped strawberries. Our experience was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our experience!LobsterLoversDined on 8/28/2014Four of us celebrated my birthday at Ruth's Chris. It was the first time there for all of us. We all were very pleased. Everything we had was delicious. All our steaks were prepared exactly as we ordered them. Our waitress was the best! We would all highly recommend Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely was a great choice!a20somethingyearoldDined on 8/26/2014With so many different choices to pick from every year on the Devour Downtown list, it is always hard to pick which place you want to try next. My girlfriend and I have now participated in the last three DDs and we were impressed once a again. The food was quite delicious, and the service was splendid. We only wish we could go again, but we unfortunately do not have the funds. Yes, it was a bit pricey, but the price is well worth it. It's a romantic setting, it helps keep out the rift raft, and when you are in your early to mid 20's it becomes kind of an adventure. Neither of you know proper etiquette dining so you have to observe others and see how they act. It adds another spice to the mix. Overall though the experience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Date NightCWoodDined on 8/23/2014The service was outstanding! The food and drinks were great as well. I hadn't been here in years, but it was so wonderful to be back. Plan to go again soon!Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris A HitBigbeefloverVIPDined on 8/22/2014Been here a few times, but a few in our group of 9 had not. They were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it all. Dining here during Devour Downtown made it even better. Our server heather was very good, very at tentative, and sounded just like Heidi Klum. She knew the menu, was personable and very good at her job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIMPLY THE BESTDOUGIEZVIPDined on 8/15/2014The 500 degree plate and the tasty toppings make Ruth's my favorite steak stop and the Indy loccation is one of this chains best. Do not miss the 1 pound baked potato.Special Features:
- up scale dinningeasyDined on 8/15/2014the dining room was very romantic candles on the table. our waitress was very friendly and caring more like a friend then just a waitress. the food was to die for as always one of my favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatKCrabDined on 8/8/2014Never let down by this restaurant. We dine here every time we are in town.Special Features:
- Wow!5xMomDined on 8/7/2014We hosted our nephew and his family to celebrate 2 birthdays. Everyone agreed that we each had the best steak we had ever had. Everything was done to perfection. We had a picky 10year old with us, and she ate and finished everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST. STEAKS. EVER!!docbgreenDined on 8/5/2014What my title says. This place has THE best steaks I've ever had in my life. I especially love the filet with the bleu cheese crust, and my bf likes the ribeye. Cheesy broccoli and mashed potatoes are a must, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationkesbasDined on 7/27/2014We dined at Ruth Chris for my husband's birthday as he loves steak. This was our first visit although the restaurant has been in town for quite some time. The staff was very attentive and was great to fully explain their menu (and portion sizes). My husband decided on his favorite ribeye and was NOT disappointed. I chose a special Mixed Grill offering to take advantage of small portions of several offerings. I was not disappointed, but after one taste of the ribeye knew I would be returning for a New York Strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OT (Over the Top)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The excellent food and beverage that Ruth's offers was made all that much better by the use of the Open Table enhancement! We look forward to our special occasions at Ruth's - and have since the early '90's. This was the first time via Open Table and OT certainly added to our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy of Ruth's Chris brand.tws222Dined on 7/23/2014The food at this location is on a par with any Ruth's Chris I have eaten at (excellent). The location is convenient for anyone staying downtown and a short walk from the Convention Center. Our group sat in front and the noise level was fairly high. For a quieter meal, I would recommend at table towards the back. The service was attentive but not outstanding. I would eat at this location again the next time I'm in Indianapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatLuv2dineDined on 7/12/2014Food and service were outstanding. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely anniversary dinnerShannonBDined on 7/9/2014Abby took wonderful care of us during our delicious dinner. The entire staff wished us happy anniversary any the they came to the table. The food was amazing again, just like last time we were there. It's such a treat to eat there and to enjoy delectable steaks and sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerRichDined on 7/5/2014The atmosphere and the food was great. The best part of the night was the complimentary anniversary strawberries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreexecfwVIPDined on 7/1/2014Everything was average. Certainly not up to average for this particular chain. Filet dry and over cooked when ordered medium rare. Potatoes not even warm.
- Great Foodfundine31Dined on 6/27/2014We had a great time and everything we ordered was great. The service was great an all around enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent - great steakbradsiffVIPDined on 6/27/2014It's hard to go wrong dinging at Ruth's Chris. Perfect for business dinners. This was a little nicer than the Capital Grille in downtown Indianapolis that we ate at the night before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 485 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Indianapolis reviews archive.
- Dinner was great as expected!PLW123Dined on 6/18/2014My coworker and I were there with two customers. Everyone enjoyed their steaks and seafood. The atmosphere was fantastic! I don't drink personally but you always provide a lovely NA St. Pauli Girl beer for me when I come. And of course my associate and customers enjoyed your fine wine and other adult beverages. Our only issue is that one of my customers had ask for a carry out desert to take home to his wife and when the check arrived the waiter had tallied the entire dinner against my customer's personal credit card. He only wanted to pay for the desert with his card. My card was charged but charges were not removed from my customers card. Please help correct this issue that occurred on June 18th about 9:30 pm. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakhouseIdmaIjanDined on 6/17/2014Ruth's Chris restaurants should not entirely be seen as a chain restaurant - because this particular restaurant is stellar and is absolutely one of the finest steak restaurants where I've eaten. I don't live in Indianapolis, so I don't get here as often as I'd like to - but the quality of the meat, and how it is prepared is consistent (for 15+ years) and is perfect. The downtown Ruth's Chris is the best in the city - and can hold its own on a national level. Within Indpls this Ruth's Chris is certainly better than St. Elmo's, Morton's, and Sullivan's. If you want one of the best steaks you've ever eaten - you need to dine here!Special Features:
- ChicagoanDined on 6/15/2014Food and service was excellent. Wine list was very limited and somewhat disappointing. They seem to be heavy in Italian wines and not much else. It was also really dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014We were celebrating our second anniversary and we were completely surprised with rose petals at our table and chocolate strawberries for after dinner. Everyone was so polite and made sure we had everything we could possibly need, as well as making sure we understood the menu as this was our first time there but we will definitely be going back again. Only positive things to say about Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014We had our anniversary dinner here and Ruth's Chris pulled out all the stops. From rose petals on the table, to the hostess, GM and waiter all wishing us congrats on our special night. Def will visit again, everything meant so much that night.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner for my DaughterGns11197Dined on 5/23/2014Since this was the weekend for the Indy 500, the restaurant was packed. The noise level was rather loud, which isn't normal at all. Racing Fans no doubt. The service was outstanding, the food was very good. One of our favorite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MareDined on 5/23/2014Everything was great. The steak was very tender and had a great taste to it. Service was very nice, waitress checked on our drinks and to see if we needed anything else. Weill definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Great food!!!csarer77Dined on 5/19/2014If ur looking for a great place with a great wine list look no farther than Ruth Chris!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Indy JemRickDined on 5/9/2014Went to Indy for the Indy GP and to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Great food and a great time. Nice wine list. Since you are having a steak, I recommend the Stags Leap Cabernet $$$. I had a rib eye and my wife had the filet. Both were cooked perfect, tender and very tasty. Side dishes are large enough for two and they encourage you to split them. My wife and I split a salad and the hash browns. The hash browns were ok. Not bad, just ok. I think I would try another side next time and there will be a next time. For dessert we split the carrot cake. Best carrot cake I have ever eaten. While it is a bit pricey, you get what you pay for. The service was fantastic and made a special night out, special. Thank you!Special Features:
- Special OccasionJanieDined on 5/8/2014The window table in the bar is the favorite spot of ours. I treated my husband to a 50th birthday celebration....and Ruth Chris' does not disappoint! Excellent meat, sides, service! It is our go-to for special occasions.Special Features:
- Perfect date nightDatenightfoodloversDined on 5/2/2014We had a lovely dinner, thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance and followed by an amazing dessert. It was our first time here, and we will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown RuthJBarney87Dined on 4/28/2014As always the food is excellent --- our waitress Amy was fabulous!!!! overall 5 stars