Ruth's Chris Steak House - Huntsville
800 Monroe Street
Huntsville, AL 35801Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Huntsville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ruthschris.net/reservations/huntsville/
- Phone: 2565393930x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Jesse Peplow
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Experience the sensation of private dining at Ruth's Chris and treat your special guests to an unforgettable dining experience. Here you will find a wide array of information to help guide you through your event planning process at our restaurants located in metropolitan Atlanta, Birmingham and Huntsville, Alabama, and Columbia, Greenville, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
It will be our pleasure to host your next party, meeting or banquet. To learn how, just visit us at: http://ruthschris.net/private_dining
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining at Ruth's Chris is the perfect choice. Whatever the occasion, Ruth's professional staff will make your private dining experience a memorable one - whether it's a business gathering, a family celebration, or a social gathering of friends. Your Private Dining Manager will be glad to review your needs and work with you to create a customized event that will have your guests raving about YOUR great taste.
- Private Party Contact: Jeremy Williams 2563277888x
- Entertainment: PRIME TIME MENU
Enjoy a full 3-course meal including your choice of soup or salad, an entree, a personal side and your choice of dessert starting at $42.00 (plus tax and gratuity). Offered daily until 6:30 PM. To view details, go to: http://ruthschris.net/primetime
HALF-OFF PRIME BITES DURING RUTH'S HOUR
Ruth's Chris is thrilled to offer our Prime Bites Bar Menu with half-priced bar menu items during special Ruth's Hours. To view details, go to: http://ruthschris.net/primebites
- Special Events: Visit us at http://ruthschris.net/events to view our special menus and events.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Huntsville
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Huntsville, Alabama is situated in the lobby of the Embassy Suites conveniently located in downtown Huntsville adjacent to the Von Braun Center - the city's arena and concert hall. Vibrant reds and golds predominate the steakhouse dining room and complement the design of the open atrium Embassy Suites Hotel and Spa. Ruth's Chris' expansive terrace overlooks alluring Big Spring Park and provides opportunities for outdoor dining respites, weather permitting. Private dining rooms offer a variety of event options for 10 to 300 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Huntsville - Best Restaurants in Huntsville ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Huntsville reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)romantic (20)fit for foodies (11)notable wine list (7)good for groups (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Birthday Celebration DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014This was my first visit to Ruth's Chris. I immediately knew she chose the right place upon arrival. The hostess was very friendly, noticing we had on dark clothing and exchange the white napkins for black. I'm not a wine drinker, but thought the wine list on the tablet was an innovative touch. Our waitress/servers were outstanding. She was outgoing, friendly, and checked on us often. My food was delicious. I love salmon but decided to be daring and eat steak, which I never eat. The steak was wonderfully, flavorful. But my favorite was the Corn Chowder Soup. I know that wasn't the main course, but it was absolutely WONDERFUL. My mom is a foodie and she loved her meal also (scallops).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Food was average, service was above average, price was out of this world. Not even close to the value. Would not dine there again.Special Features:
- Always good!mrsirbyDined on 9/13/2014Ruth's Chris is always a treat. My husband and I went for a date night-this is our 2nd time actually going. I love how they greet you by name, it's so formal! Next time I go, I will ask for a more private table however; the open seating still feels pretty private. The price is expensive, but totally worth it and very filling. We actually shared the Ahi Tuna appetizer, a vegetable plate (creamed spinach, sweet potatoes, and mushrooms), and the apple pie with ice cream. We were stuffed! Looking forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the Top Dining Experienceljo12345Dined on 9/13/2014The Porterhouse for two was the best we have every tasted and the service and attention was outstanding. The quiet, romantic booth for two was the icing on the cake. I would not change a thing about the experience. We have eaten at many prime steakhouses in the past and this one was up there with the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieQDined on 9/3/2014It was our 15th Anniversary. Loved the romantic atmosphere and will returnExperience was amazing, waiter was awesome! The food was great best steak everSpecial Features:
- Waiter?GreatDiningDined on 8/27/2014The restaurant is great, was not pleased with the wait for food and between visits from waiter. Upon receiving bill, had to leave table and take bill with credit card unknown waiter to pay bill. Server needs to improve attentiveness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike the BartendercaseyDined on 8/21/2014... treated us right. We were guests of the hotel. First night we came to the bar late for dessert and coffees (A+). Next night we had dinner in the dining room and Mike made us two French 75 champagne/gin drinks (from New Orleans). The filet, lobster tail and creamed spinach were excellent. Our waitress was professional ... didn't get her name. This restaurant is the reason we stay at the Embassy Suites when we are in Huntsville, AL.Special Features:
- Always Love!jtvjazzDined on 8/13/2014We were treated like royalty. Food and service is always top notch.Special Features:
- ReturnEngagementDined on 8/8/2014I would like to complement the hostess and the server, Bryan, for assisting me in arranging the surprise flower bouquet for my sweetheart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningDeliciousDined on 8/2/2014This Ruth Chris location is just fabulous. Always impeccable service and fantastic food. Every day is a special occasion at Ruth Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014A blissful time and incredible service from 2 servers that shared our table.Special Features:
- Great Service and FoodNew2HSVDined on 7/10/2014Recently had dinner for Husband's Birthday at the Huntsville, AL Ruth's Chris. It was wonderful overall. We had drinks in the lounge first, the servier in the lounge escorted us to our table. I went to ther restaurant in advance to select our table in a private area. Even received a call from the Hostess the day of our dinner. There were two assistant servers, main server, the food server, and also the manager checked in with us several times. The main server also escorted us to the restroom Great attention, but not intrusive. Allowed plenty of time in between appetizers entrée and after dinner. We never felt rushed at all. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Awesome!regina36360Dined on 6/14/2014Awesome experience! My son and I wanted to treat my husband to a special Father's Day meal, and Ruth's was the perfect option! He loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014Excellent service! One of the best servers that I have ever had at Ruth's ChrisSpecial Features:
- A Memorable 32nd Anniversary MealDougAndReneeDined on 5/29/2014My wife and I of 32 years decided to celebrate our anniversary at Ruth's Chris Steak House for the first time. Wow, were we surprised. Hospitality was great! Service was excellent! Food was fabulous. Yes, it was expensive, but moments like these deserve what we put into them. A memorable evening.Special Features:
- Great fine diningAndysDined on 5/27/2014Great fine dining experience, attentive staff, excellent steak pair with a Syrah. highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 211 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Huntsville reviews archive.
- FoodDabowhiteDined on 5/11/2014Always know you will get a tremendous steak -- and the cocktails are fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodGaby1981Dined on 5/10/2014The Food wasn't is good it was the first time, and prices are ridicules way to expensive for a flavorless steak. And the Long Island drink didn't have no alcohol at all. Way to expensive. I would not recommend it....
- Great dinner, helpful serviceHealthspeakerVIPDined on 5/1/2014The food was very good as was the table service. Attentive, helpful. I had such a mediocre food experience at a RCSH in Atlanta, I thought about not trying again but had no other choice for a close-by dinner (attached to the hotel where I was staying) and I am happy I did. Odd though, second time in a row at RCSH that being acknowledged by the hostess. This time, she was on the phone for a protracted period, clearly was helping a customer, no argument on the reason for the call, but never raised her eyes, acknowledged me in any way for a number of minutes. Odd.Special Features:
- Best steak everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Wonderful staff and food great for a special occassionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic dinnersteakmasterDined on 4/25/2014Me and my wife spent our 10th anniversary here and they really did whatever they could to make it special. They had a '10' and a heart decorated on a nice quite oval shaped booth that was perfect for a romantic dinner. (Table 90 if you're interested in requesting the same quite table). Several members of the staff came by and wished us a happy anniversary. Of course the food was fabulous and our steaks were cooked to perfection. The server even gave us a nice chocolate mousse cheesecake for dessert.Special Features:
- The place for a special date:-)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014Certainly pricey;however, truly amazing cuisine...worth the indulgenceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Ruth Chris in HuntsvilleGiGiDined on 4/17/2014I always make reservations for Ruth Chris in Huntsville when I stay at Embassy Suites. Our waiter "Shaun" was very attentive. Food is always good hear. Look forward to our return.Special Features:
- Not up to Ruths Chris standards.RedmeatDined on 3/29/2014For the second consecutive time, this location failed to even come close to Ruth Chris standards. I ordered a ribeye medium rare. It came medium well at best. It also had gristle that was bad enough that it stuck in between my teeth. At times the server disappeared for 10 minutes at a time. For example,, we waited at least ten minutes for the plates to be cleared after eating. I use to drive to Nashville when we wanted Ruths Chris....I guess we will go back to doing that as this location doesn't seem to understand service or quality food.
- Great food...everything wasLuv2dineDined on 3/26/2014Great food...everything was prepared perfectly....service was prompt...ambience was just ok..not sure putting a Ruth's Chris in the embassy suites is a good thing for the Ruth's Chris brand...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ContinuityRushDined on 3/23/2014Food was excellent as usual. Server was there but server rarely seen. Rest of wait staff made up for her absence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frozen FlowersReturnEngagementDined on 3/22/2014One and one half hours prior to my reservation, I delivered one dozen roses in a vase to the restaurant for storage in a cooler. Shortly before my arrival, these roses would be relocated to my table. Unfortunately, they were stored in a freezer - not a cooler - and became discolored. After discussing this misfortune with management, a decision was proposed to compensate for the flowers by providing a complementary meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentRuddsterDined on 3/21/2014What a great evening. Always consistent excellent food quality, service and meal pace. We have enjoyed many great dining experiences here from special occasions to a lighter meal before the theatre to a fun filled meal at the bar. After all, it IS a ruth's Chris! Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grest meal!ChawareagleVIPDined on 3/20/2014It seems every meal at Ruth Chris' is always great and this visit was no exception! Service was good and the food was excellent! We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Good but not GreatCityboyVIPDined on 3/4/2014Over several visits I have found variation in the food and service. However, the ambiance is always good and one of the few spots in Huntsville you can feel like you are in the big city.Special Features:
- EnjoyableDragracr36Dined on 2/28/2014Always an enjoyable dining expeiance , my wife and I always enjoy Ruth ChrisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little "spendy"JCfiredogDined on 2/19/2014The food was outstanding. However, the cost of the dinner wad a little much considering the restaurant was located in the hotel lobby. $150 for two...before tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They did not plan properlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2014They did not plan properly for trade show lunch crowd. Had to wait an hour for a salad. Most all other tables had same experience. Poor management
- PreShow dinner a service nightmareKeharrisDined on 2/16/2014Party of 4 arrived promptly before 5. Asked if special occasion. Yes, pre-show and mom's b'day dinner. Never mentioned again by staff. Waiter Joey slow to arrive. Missed one water glass for 10min. Cocktails slow to arrive. Waiter, Joey, took 15 min to return. 45min into seating by now. Salads 30min to arrive. Other tables' leap-frogging us. 1.5 hr into seating entrees finally arrive. Waiter no where to be found. Secondary staff had to follow up with us. Ordered wine, arrived 8-10 min after food. Rushed down entrees. Steak devine though. No time to eat dessert. Packed up to go. Had to badger waiter for check. He never apologized for his bad service. Late for start of show at 7. Theater right across street. Bad waiter Joey! Won't go back.Special Features:
- The table was broken and wobbledGlennDined on 2/15/2014The table was broken and wobbled very badly. The glasses were dirty when we first got there. The staff did a good job fixing the dirty glasses but at this scale of resturant they should have replaced the table, you know it was known to the wait staff. They dress each table between each guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So experience....OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/15/2014First time dining at the huntsville location. Restaurant was quiet only a handful of tables were seated. Steak was prepared well but overly fatty for a filet. Sides were luke warm at best. Server was handling about 5 tables and having a hard time keeping up.
- Very goodMB298Dined on 2/14/2014Everything was exceptional! It did take then 30 passed our reservations to seat us but they were very busy since it was valentines day.Special Features:
- OutstandingBBandSMDined on 2/14/2014The food was great and the proportions were more than we expected, especially the dessert. The service was wonderful. I wish I could remember our waitress because she was awesome. Thank you for a great Valentine's dinner. We are looking forward to dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak a little over cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Steak a little over cooked but tasty. Music made conversation a little difficult.Special Features:
- Fatty steakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014My husbands steak was very fatty. About half of the steak was fat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.