Ruth's Chris Steak House - Houston
6213 Richmond Avenue
Houston, TX 77057Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3826/Houston
- Phone: 7137892333
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday, 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Padilla
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Houston, TX - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Three private dining rooms are available. The Lone Star Room can seat up to 100 people; The Alamo Room can seat up to 30 people; and finally the Board Room which can hold up to 25 people.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Perkins 8776253007
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Houston
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Houston, TX serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our favorite placeBbrfk74VIPDined on 6/29/2013Great filets! Good wine! Always consistent! We've been to many steak restaurants and we always find ourselves coming back here. We'll also check out the new location. Hope the location is the only thing that changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jose was outstandingMoniDined on 6/22/2013We had the greatest waiter ever!! He was very accomodating, pleasant and cordial. He knew the menu very well and made several suggestions. I love this place...can't wait to go to their new location.Special Features:
- Service has declined!KT34Dined on 6/21/2013I have always dined at this location for special occasions with my wife. This visit was not the typical experience we have had in the past. The waiter did not bring out the appetizer we ordered and did not send us home with the correct dessert we ordered "to go." She was too busy in the back showing her crew members pictures on her phone. Has Manager moved to new Ruth's on Westheimer?Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/7/2013The food was amazing and so was the service! The restaurant is a great place to have a romantic evening with a significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/26/2013I love this Ruth's Chris in particular because they are consistently perfect. The service is always top notch and the steaks are always exactly the way I like them. The wine list is extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2013Thanks to the Chef and staff for an amazing experience! My husband was blown away for his birthday and I couldn't have asked for more! AprilSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our steaks were cooked perfectlySingleTravelerVIPDined on 5/18/2013Our steaks were cooked perfectly and the appetizer and side dishes were very tasty. My only critique is that it is a bit dark inside the restaurant.
- Better than everBKR51Dined on 5/4/2013Been here twice before and they just seem to get better. The taste of everything has so much flavor - nothing bland about the dishes served here. the chopped salad - delicious. Filet and grilled shrimp - heaven. Creamed Spinich and AuGratin Potatoes - scrumpcious. RC ought to offer the option of a warm plate versus the super heated plate - just a thought.Special Features:
- Great Prefix MenueJoerog1VIPDined on 5/3/2013The steaks are cooked to perfection using the top 2% of all beef. My wife had a 6 once filet roped with large shrimp. I had a very tasted 12 once ribeye that was very flavorful. The entrees came with choice of salad, a large side, and dessert. I have eaten their for 15 years and have always had high quality food and the best service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2013This is a classy place to dine. It is quiet and always enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went as a special date night.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2013I went as a special date night. I must say that the food was delicious. I am picky when it comes to steaks, and this one is one of my top choices. I liked the fact that the restaurant is not one big room. It is divided up into sections. This makes the atmospehre more intimate. I am not sure if the setting was as romantic as I hoped, but definitely very elegant.Special Features:
- "Best steakhouse in town"LuisDined on 4/19/2013We've been dining at Ruth's Chris for 5 years ,our waiter Jose as well as the other staff members make sure that we have what we need at all times .The service is impeccable !! We vacation regularly &visit Ruth's Chris restaurants wherever we are & the quality of the food and service is very consistent ..I definitely recommend. L Rivera Houston TXSpecial Features:
- A memorable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2013The meal was wonderful and our server, Candice was the best! She alone is the reason we'd come back. She was attentive, friendly, thoughtful and warm while providing outstanding customer service! Don't lose her.....or the chefs! Thanks for a lovely time for Vanessa's birthday..... George EdwardsSpecial Features:
- My husband and I really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2013My husband and I really enjoyed our visit. The food was outstanding. The waitstaff was attentive. We did notice they don't put your napkin in your lap or scrap the crumbs off the table anymore for you, but that didn't change my rating.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013The food was outstanding and the service was spot on.....I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a great steak.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris is my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2013Ruth's Chris is my favorite steak place! I have never had a bad meal there. However,this time the steak was charred on the outside - never happened before. And I heard other people complaining about the same thing. Don't know if there is a new cook or what the problem was, but hope it get's fixed! Don't want to give you up - just go back to cooking it the way you were - that's why people come to you!!
- A+ experienceMichaelDined on 3/15/2013I have never been here, but have been told by countless people this is one of their favorite restaurants. After one visit, I can honestly say, this is one of my favorite restaurants and cannot wait to got back. The service was great, the steaks were so tender and juicy and the sizzling butter made it that much better. The dessert list was standard, but the dessert was anything but standard. I left the restaurant eating the right amount of food, but I would have been to eat another serving of anything we ordered since the food was that delicious!Special Features:
- Special OccasionSbeckmanDined on 3/9/2013We told them on Open Table it was our anniversary - they had rose pedals all over the table and a card, signed by the staff on the table as well. When dinner was over, the "Over The Top" complimentary dessert was presented and it was addressed for our occasion. Ruth's Chris steak is fantastic, they could improve on the presentation of said steak. It's just a plain look, a steak with great butter on a white plate (period). Overall - another great experience!!!Special Features:
- My first visit to your restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013My first visit to your restaurant and it was excellent. The steaks were the very best we have had in a very long time. We're from The Woodlands and usually would eat at Kirby's, Flemming or Perry's for a steak but this was a special occasion so we tried you. The food and service was really excellent - including the Biker Zinfandel #601. The sweet potato choice was really very good; salad and creme broulee also excellent choices. The only area for improvement was the decor: it's time for some improvements in that area. The total bill of $200 was high but matched with very high quality food!Special Features:
- Very DisappointedLinGenDined on 3/8/2013This is not up to par with any of the other Ruth's Chris we have been too. Had multiple head waiters that spoke very broken english and had to as for wine refills and such many different times. Building is worn down. We definitely wont go back.
- Good not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2013Service was good not great, food was good overall experience was good. Frequent this restaurant on many occasions, service has went from outstanding to good, still a great restaurant thoughtSpecial Features:
- We went to celebrate a belatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2013We went to celebrate a belated Valentine's dinner. We started with the ahi tuna appetizer and it was very good. We split a Caesar salad and a cup of lobster bisque. Nothing really stood out about the salad or bisque but they were very good nonetheless. For our main course we opted for the Porterhouse for Two with a side of au poivre sauce. It was outstanding. The chef achieved a perfect Rare + and the herbed butter they serve on all the steaks made it a memorable gustatory experience. We also had asparagus with hollandaise sauce and au gratin potatoes. They were both excellent as well. Dessert consisted of berries and cream, my favorite.Special Features:
- Seafood not a specialtyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2013Thanks to the staff for making our evening dining a pleasure. I had a steak that was cooked medium well as I requested. It was very tender and tasty. It was my wife Susie's 68th birthday and the reason for our visit. She had been craving for lobster and ordered the lobster tail. It was very tough and she had to scrape it from the shell with a knife in order to eat it. It, I think, was over cooked. Maybe because your restaurant specializes in steak, ordering lobster was a mistake. All of the sides we had were very good. The poorly cooked lobster was our only complaint. George HammAustin TexasSpecial Features:
- Great steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013Awesome steak, cooked just right! Will definately return. Great atmosphere too. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Overall, the food was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2013Overall, the food was good. Steak was delicious, but Sea Bass was overcooked and tough. Very disappointed in the service level. Took over an hour to get our food, and then only after asking our waiter to check on it. His response was, "You haven't received your food yet?" Really?
- Every thing was fine. I justOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Every thing was fine. I just wonder how I get my check, credit whatever for using O.T, for my reservations? I've used you several times and never seem to get any benefit from doing so.Special Features:
- Food is great but service is lackinKatherineDined on 2/13/2013we were hoping to beat the rush by spending a day before Valentine's day. The food is yummy and delicious but the service waitstaff did not seem to be very attentive. It took 30 mins to get her attention to just get the dessert order. I would go for the food but expect a very long wait for just refill for beverages.Special Features:
- One of my Fav'ssatisfiedDined on 2/9/2013I know there are nicer establishments (and more expensive) around, but I always get a great steak and great service from Ruth's Chris. I have been to several locations and am always satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit to a Ruth's;jrothgebVIPDined on 2/8/2013Our first visit to a Ruth's; it's reputation is well deserved. One big caution for those who are fond of Sazarac's ... they make theirs with crushed ice ... bad idea, the delicate flavors are lost!Special Features:
- No Value , Ho-Hum delights!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013This place does not compete with other local "high-end" steakhouses. In terms of food and service its closer to Saltgrass or Outback for 3X the money... I do not mind paying what they are asking IF its an awesome experience with "too die for" cuisine. However, we paid $175 inclusive of tip (two served) and we left hungry and very unsatisfied, locally Perry's or Flemmings is much better. We will not be back!
- The food was outstanding butOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 1/26/2013The food was outstanding but the service was quite slow. Several times we found ourselves looking around for the waiter for refills, to place our order or for our check to be delivered.Special Features:
- The restaurant is quiet enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/16/2013The restaurant is quiet enough to have a pleasant conversation. The steaks have an excellent flavor. The au gratin potatoes are my favorite. We celebrated my son's 16th birthday and let the restaurant know when I made the reservation. They decorated the table and treated him extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids don't belong here!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/12/2013I like the Ruth's Classics menu selection, I think it's a great deal. 4 courses for $42 or $49 depending on what you order. My only complaint about my dining experience was someone had a toddler in the restaurant that was being disruptive. This aggravates me because I'm spending a lot of money & this restaurant is NOT KID FRIENDLY. Please leave the little ones at home! If you can afford to eat at Ruth's Chris you can definitely afford a baby sitter! If you feel it necessary to bring your child when you go out on a weekend night, take them to Chuck E. Cheese!Special Features:
- It was wonderful. Our waiterluschoenDined on 1/12/2013It was wonderful. Our waiter was not as intuitive as he should have been for this five star restaurant...perhaps he was fairly new. It was a birthday celebration and they greeted my mother-in -law at the door with Happy Birthday, had confetti on the table and finished with a great Happy Birthday cheesecake! She was delighted!!!! at 87!! Our food was excellent and the tableside mint julips were over the top in the sterling silver cups! thanks!Special Features:
- The steak and the veal ribOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2013The steak and the veal rib chop were fabulous! And the service staff was just as good.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris is a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2013Ruth's Chris is a great place for steaks but we are kind of diet consious so often we get their crab cakes which are the best in town, almost pure fresh crab meat and we get them without the butter sauce on them and they are still delicious. They also offer a vegetable plate alternative and their veggies and as good as it gets. There are so few nice steak houses where you can walk out with a great meal and be able to say, I didn't even break my diet. Service and atmosphere is wonderful.Special Features:
- I love steak...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/4/2013Our ribeye was very good. The augratin potatoes were fine but not as special as I'd remembered. Maybe I had some other type before? Salads, asparagus, and drinks were all good. We had a good meal, there was just nothing outstanding for me and I'm not sure why as I've always really enjoyed Ruth's Chris and was really looking forward to going. The service was also very good despite an error on the check which was promptly corrected.
- My boyfriend and i celebratedShelbyDined on 1/1/2013My boyfriend and i celebrated his new promotion here and it was great. The restaurant was quiet, not many people there at all. Dinner was great. We had the spicy lobster as an appetizer and we both had filets. It was a very memorable evening, i would definitely recommend! Not to mention, they're moving their location on Westheimer near the Galleria in March which will be a better location. Will definitely go back!!Special Features:
- The food here is great butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012The food here is great but the restaurant needs a serious remodel.
- Great New Year's Eve dinner!Foodies123Dined on 12/31/2012The food was outstanding. Right up there with Pappa's Steakhouse as far as we were concerned. The bread pudding was truly amazing. We're definitely going back.Special Features: