Ruth's Chris Steak House - Hartford
2513 Berlin Turnpike
Newington, CT 06111Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Hartford
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: 8606662202
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm April 8th (Easter Sunday): 1:00pm - 7:00pm May 13th (Mother's Day): 12:00pm - 9:00pm We will also open for lunch for private parties (Certain conditions do apply)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect location for your business meeting or family get together. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Seamus McNeally 8606662202
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Hartford
Ruth's Chris Steak House serves the finest aged, corn-fed USDA Prime beef. Broiled in a trademark 1800 degree oven & served on a plate heated to 500 degrees, your steak is presented sizzling hot at your table. In addition to steak, the menu features an assortment of chops, as well as fresh seafood and lobsters. We serve only the finest produce and offer over seven different types of potatoes. Dinner is not complete without trying one of our homemade desserts. Ruth's Chris is also proud of its award winning wine list featuring over 150 domestic and imported selections. At Ruth's Chris Steak House, there is truly something for everyone!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Hartford - Best Restaurants in Hartford / West Hartford ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Hartford reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)fit for foodies (21)romantic (21)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- exceptionaljennDined on 10/18/2014I have never had a bad meal in this place-- impeccableSpecial Features:
- CT. Restaurant WeekDCBCDined on 10/15/2014Excellent meal, Caesar salad, filet mignon, garlic mashed potatoes and mushrooms which we shared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet and Savorydinner42Dined on 10/5/2014Sweet as they placed rose petals on the table for our anniversary and savory as the food was delicious. Service was excellent. Thank you Becky.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014As always, Ruth's Chris lived up to my expectations with another fine cut of beef and great service. We will return as often as possible!Special Features:
- AnniversaryLuv2EatDined on 9/17/2014It was a great evening. Our Wedding Anniversary and they had spread rose peddles on the table and all the wait staff came by and congratulated us. At the end two small desserts complements of the house.Special Features:
- Great Diner two nights in a rowHungryDined on 9/11/2014We had dinner here two nights in a row, Awesome both nights, staff was very attentive and professional. Love this PlaceSpecial Features:
- OutstandingJDS28Dined on 9/11/2014There is no question that Ruth's Chris is among the better dining experiences available in this region. From the quality and consistency of the food, extraordinary wine list, and helpful and attentive service, this is a five star destination for a special event or to impress.Special Features:
- Amazing!HungryDined on 9/10/2014The staff and food were amazing. A wonderful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceShamRockVIPDined on 9/10/2014From the moment we were greeted until we left the staff was excellent, attentive and professional. The food was outstanding and the table was ideally located for a business dinner. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Classic RestaurantNeenDined on 9/6/2014Great as always.. Never disappointed. We go out to dinner often, so Ruth Chris is always a great choice.
- Special touches !!PeggyDined on 8/26/2014The food was special; the service outstanding and ALL THE LITTLE TOUCHES (A PICTURE OF THE TWO OF US) MADE OUR 47th ANNIVERSARY VERY SPECIAL!!Special Features:
- A surpriseEatingCanadaDined on 8/26/2014My husband recieved a gift certificate from a client. We decided to use it and take some friends for dinner. We had ben to Ruth Chris in Baltimore and in Bethesda andvwe would give them a C+. The Ruth Chris on the Berlin Turnpike was a definite A. The steak and sides were delicious and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okCJMRVIPDined on 8/22/2014I compared this to a recent trip to the amazing Ruth's Chris in Sarasota, so I was a little disappointed. The food was good, but the steak plate was not buttery. The butter had burned off. The rosemary raspberry martini should have had muddled raspberries, but instead it had just one raspberry. Service was great, except that we felt rushed by their attentiveness. Lastly, we had the worst table in the restaurant. View of the bar, heavy kitchen traffic, and view of the reception desk/front door. Employees were rushing by our table and talking all night. Bread, creamed spinach, and calamari were delicious.
- Date NightDeniseDined on 8/1/2014We went here for a night out and had a great time. Steaks were cooked perfect and the staff was knowledgeable, attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveToDineDined on 7/21/2014Great Atmoshphere, Great Food, Great People. We popped in for a quick early evening bite. We sat in the bar area. Very nice Happy Hour offerings. Would highly recommend. I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Well worth the priceWannabeinbordeauxVIPDined on 7/12/2014We use this restaurant for special occasions. It's pricey but you get more than enough for your money. The beef is unbeatable, every menu item is high quality and tasty. The service is very competent, attentive, and warm and friendly. Cocktails are the best. Not quite as fancy as Morton's or Fleming's, but a consistently better dining experience.Special Features:
- Never failsKD1982Dined on 7/5/2014This is by far one of the best steak restaurants I have ever been to. I am never disappointed after a trip to Ruth Chris's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakEricDined on 7/4/2014Went here for a night out and everything was great. Steaks were cooked perfect and the key lime pie was a great finish to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 283 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Hartford reviews archive.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/23/2014Date night here was a treat. First class service from all FOH staff. Food was good, sides were poorly seasoned. Our potatoes were very salty and the vegetable had no seasoning at all. Best thing we had was the steak. It was cooked to perfection and outstandingly delicious. Some negatives that will prevent me from going back was the lack of attention to the restaurant. It was very very dusty and cob webs hanging from the ceiling; a complete turn-off. The booth we were seated in had noticeable dust on the woodwork, which made it very hard to feel comfortable. Overall it was a good experience, however the lack of cleanliness of the restaurant made it an unpleasant experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/21/2014Been to Ruth Chris 100times or so. The steak was not prime quality . They also raised the price. Very disappointed.
- Dress Up for Dinner Please1188AshleyDined on 6/14/2014Looks like people don't get dressed up for nice dinners anymore. I dine at plenty of Steak Houses in all the big cities in the US. This Ruth's restaurant is outdated and people were dining in shorts and sandals....? The steak was very good. the spinach salad was lackluster and backed potato was under cooked. Do you think a steak house should charge for a side of béarnaise sauce? Well maybe, but $8.00? I don’t need to go back as there are plenty of alternatives. The only reason I did was because I had 2 $100.00 gift cards.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningShamRockVIPDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I celebrated our 34th anniversary at Ruth's Chris and could not have enjoyed it more. The food was outstanding and only exceeded by the attentive professional staff. This is one of the best managed restaurants anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/31/2014Great food and service, and especially great to have dinner in a restaurant that was not insanely loud.Special Features:
- FullServiceGMDined on 5/15/2014Spot on service. Attentive without being intrusive. The food was tasty and well prepared, though my wife felt her steak was slightly over cooked. All in all, a very good experience to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris SteakhouseCarynDined on 5/9/2014On your voyage for the best steakhouse, Ruth Chris is definitely a must try. The service was fantastic and the food is delightful too. I tried the filet mignon and shrimp combination, and my mom had the T-bone. Next time I might considering ordering a step below my usual temperature preference as the beef continues to cook slightly on the sizzling hot plate brought to your table. Overall great choice if you are looking for an upscale steakhouse experience.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerjlssDined on 5/3/2014I called ahead and asked for a nice, quiet table for us to celebrate my husband's birthday. We were accommodated in every way. We selected a nice cabernet sauvignon from a good wine list, and had fabulous steak dinners. There were a number of tables with children in the restaurant, but not a one was noisy. The atmosphere and service were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spring Evening Fine DiningTasteBuddiesVIPDined on 4/12/2014The hostess was welcoming. Our table was just in the way of everything/everyone so it was distracting when our chairs kept getting bumped. Our server recognized this herself and later offered us a table change. We declined as we were already well into our salad and delicious warm bread. The food was hot upon arrival and well-prepared. Portion sizes were more than adequate. The dessert menu looked as great as it tasted. My entree came with a dessert, but our server gave my husband a complimentary dessert and expresso for both of us. We appreciated their insight (without us complaining), attention and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!ConnecticutFoodieDined on 4/11/2014If yo love good steak and attentive but not overbearing service you cannot go wrong here. Always superb.Special Features:
- Not up to parWeSitAndEatDined on 3/28/2014Not up to par with other Ruth's Chris Steak houses. The food was just ok, but for $100 per person (without drinks) the food should be much better. The bone-in Ribeye should have had great flavor. I tasted like it was marinated in dish water. The service was excellent, all of the staff is very welcoming and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday DissapointmentPNakano933Dined on 3/22/2014Overbooked for a Saturday night. Service was very slow.
- Solid ChoiceShammyDined on 3/20/2014Shrimp appetizer was way over cooked, but our steaks and sides were up to Ruth's standards. Service was great but not like you would expect from an expensive big city chop house. Ambiance was good but again don't expect the same energy and vibe you would feel at a Ruth's in Chicago or even Providence. Still has the same prices. Steaks are exceptional but the "experience" is just good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEsuchafoodieDined on 3/14/2014I love the ambiance and great service that I receive whenever I go to Ruth's Chris. Please continue to keep up the great work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentWildFireDined on 3/7/2014Steak = Ruth's Chris. When you really need a good steak dinner Ruth's is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great NightLesleyDined on 2/28/2014My husband and I dined at Ruth's Chris for our anniversary. While the bill was higher by some margin than our normal date nights, we felt it was worth it. The food was great. The service was attentive without being "in your face." Everyone who worked there seemed to know it was our special day. Definitely a go-to for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great serviceKateDined on 2/26/2014Ruth Chris in Hartford has a great, attentive wait staff and is really a great place to enjoy a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, our dinner at Ruth'sSusanDined on 2/25/2014As always, our dinner at Ruth's Chris steakhouse was incredible! The food, the staff, the atmosphere are all fantastic! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MeallindyDined on 2/22/2014We had reservations for dinner to celebrate my husband's and daughter's birthdays. The lounge was so crowded that you could hardly enter the room. The parking was terribly difficult, and many patrons complained that there was no where to park. I know it was because of the large amount of snow, but it was frustrating. The restaurant was slammed, and many had to wait for their tables. With a reservation, we still waited almost 20 minutes. After we were seated the service was good and efficient. The beef was delicious, but the salad looked like it had been standing in the refrigerator for a while, somewhat wilted. Next time we will try for a week night in order to have quieter dining, but overall, a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationerinmDined on 2/22/2014We came to celebrate my Mom's birthday and were treated so well! The food was delicious and the service was unmatched! We even got a candle in her dessert to wish her a happy birthday along with a souvenir family photo!Special Features:
- Excellent servicedupuis120Dined on 2/20/2014Our waitress was excellent , near perfect, her attention to detail and professional manner was refreshing.
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2014First off the host proceeded to sit up at a table next to the rest room when there were plenty of other tables available, he then upon our request sat us at a different table. Our meal was very rushed when we asked up front to not rush us. Salads were delivered before appetizer was done. Our main course was being put together back in the kitchen while we were still eating our salads and we asked them to slow down a second time. We had multiple servers and waiters and did not seem like the staff was communicating well at all. I ordered my filet medium, when it came out the waiter left, I cut into it and it was rare. The second steak they brought me was Black and Blue (rarer than the first, uncooked). Very disappointing experience.