Ruth's Chris Steak House - Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel
777 Casino Drive
Cherokee, NC 28719Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: 8284978577
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeff Rash
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Coming soon!
- Private Party Contact: Paul Delgado 8284978577
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel
Ruth"s Chris Steak House in the Harrah's Casino in Cherokee, NC serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side… dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth's Chris' genuine hospitality. So whether you're a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel - Best Restaurants in Cherokee ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)romantic (74)notable wine list (39)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (13)late-night find (7)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (5)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- dining pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014we could not have been more pleased. Overall experience was fantasticSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great overall experience. Highly recommend for that special occasion!Special Features:
- Great expierienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Went for my husbands birthday. Food was amazing and they even brought out a special plate of deserts for his birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save your $Out2lunchDined on 8/26/2014The steak was excellent. Everything else was not, particularly considering the cost. My wife's filet was "OK" at best and the lobster tail was the size of a large crawfish and considerably overcooked. There was little attention paid to side dishes. For examples, the Ceasar salad was mostly warm iceberg lettuce with dressing that could have been bought at the supermarket. The fingerling chipolte potatoes were a cheesy, over spiced mess and tasted like something that might have been sitting around after several hours at a Super Bowl party. Service put on a good show but there was a long wait for food. Reputation and word of mouth got us there. Overall food and service will keep us from returning.
- Terrible ServicemtpleasantDined on 8/24/2014We had a table for 2 and our waiter was more interested with his newly seated 4 top. We had to ask for our drinks to be refilled. We had to wait for our check and then it took a unheard of amount.of time.to get the dessert boxed that we walked out.With the prices that this restaurant charges for their a la carte meals it should be a 5 stars establishment.
- STEAK-O-RAMAFLYFLIPPERDined on 8/23/2014RUTH'S CHRIS STEAK HOUSE SERVES THE FINEST STEAK IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. WE REALLY HAD A WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCE FROM THE SERVICE OF JAKE OUR SERVER TO THE SIZZLING FILET ON THE HOT PLATE AND THE LOBSTER BISQUE. IF YOU WANT THE BEST STEAK IN THE WORLD THEN RUTH'S CHRIS IS YOUR OYSTER. WE GO OUT OF OUR WAY TO EAT THERE WHEN WE GET THE CHANCE. IT IS NOT CHEAP BUT THEN EXCELLENCE ISN'T CHEAP NO MATTER WHERE YOU CAN FIND IT TODAY.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner - Fun and fab food!GAPeachDined on 8/23/2014Just celebrated 4 birthdays (8 person party) and the food was really tasty and the staff was wonderful. Another great dining experience for us. Thanks!Special Features:
- Delicious steak as expectdedkathylwDined on 8/22/2014Had a wonderful bithday dinner of a petite filet which, as always at Ruth's Chris, is a perfect cut of beef cooked deliciously in butter. This was our first visit to Cherokee Harrahs and found the service less than par with other Ruth's Chris we visited. Waiters were nice but expected a little more attentiveness. No free dessert for birthday either.Special Features:
- Delicious dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Everything was wonderful. Delicious steak, fabulous desserts.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Very good service and food. We really enjoyed our meal and dining with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable MealdiningproDined on 8/21/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Ruth Chris Steak House. The service was gracious and pleasant. Most of all the food was delicious. We had steak that was cooked exactly as we expected and both tender and flavorful. The creamed spinach was excellent. The only disappointment was the shoe string potatoes because they were actually too thin, if that's possible. Next time we will order French fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualMonroLawDined on 8/21/2014Everything was superb as usual. Wait time to be seated, service and food can't be topped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceSurge5Dined on 8/20/2014We have been to This restaurant on several occasions. Just the two of us and with a group of six. Every visit has been pleasant with great service. You can't get a steak like they prepare anywhere else in the country. Make reservations to avoid waiting. You will enjoy every minute of your dining experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Quality High Price48GatorDined on 8/19/2014You get what you pay for and at about $75/person it was worth it. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServicePeppieDined on 8/17/2014The best Fresh Salmon I have ever had! Steak outstanding as always. First time dining at this Ruth Chris but has been to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 41stAnniversaryReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Try to eat here often. This was our 41st Anniversary and the restaurant went out of their way to make this a special occasion for my wife and I. Thanks to the entire staff. The food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairSharlieDined on 8/16/2014This was my first visit to Ruth's Chris Steak House. I lost my husband last October and it had been one of the things we wanted to do together. Unfortunately, it was not the greatest experience for me. The food was delicious. My problem was that after I was seated, my waiter came to get my drink order. I never saw him again. Another waitress stopped by the table and said she would be helping the original waiter. In total I had 4 different people that waited on me and it took approximately 1-1/2 hours. All the other tables in my section had one person taking care of them. My reservation was for 6 p.m. It was not crowded this night. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'll be back.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerJoe001Dined on 8/15/2014Service & wait staff were outstanding. Filet was cooked to order, but tough, Rib eye was cooked correctly, but very chewy, ate only half. Did not complain to wait staff. Vegatable was very good, and salad was also good. Have had much tastier steaks at Outback and Longhorns at much reduced prices. Frequent Harrah's Cherokee Casino on regular basis, but in future will use only Brio's Tuscany Grill, as better meals at lower prices.
- Best EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014My wife loved the lamb chops. The best she ever had. Service was great, and the staff was friendly. It was our 50th wedding anniversary, and they had a table set up recognizing the occasion.Special Features:
- CleanPlateGalVIPDined on 8/10/2014As always, a superb meal and service. That is what keeps us coming back.Special Features:
- Love it!DiningDivaVIPDined on 8/9/2014Thanks Ruth's Chris you really knocked it out of the park. Liam is such a great server and a true professional. Thank you to Brandi at the host stand and really all of your wonderful hostesses and management. Can't wait to see y'all again!Special Features:
- Great food & atmosphereHungrynDined on 8/7/2014Enjoyed a great steak dinner in a wonderful facility.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak and sidesRitaJSDined on 8/6/2014Our cowboy ribeye was delicious and cooked to perfection. We will return!Special Features:
- Highlight of the weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014We made a last minute trip to Cherokee with friends who had joined us here on Valentine's Day earlier this year as well. While we have dined at Ruth Chris before, our experience was exceptional due to the personal attention of the manager, Jen, who looked after us personally when a large party of 13 had arrived, to make sure we had uninterrupted service. She was just spot on with just enough information and special attention and it made the meal and food even better.Special Features:
- LoLoLoLoDined on 7/31/2014Delicious meal. Steak done perfectly! Love the new chipotle fingerling potatoes. Our server, Ashley, was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great place to eatCameron45Dined on 7/29/2014Best steak I have had in years. You need to put this place on your bucket listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jarheadDined on 7/28/2014My wife made reservations for monday 7/28 for our 25th wedding anniversary. The table was decorated for our anniversary. Food was excellent. My wife and I cannot thank everyone enough for making this a great evening. We came back home and have not stopped talking about how good the food was. Thank you very much and we will eat there again on our next tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Our dinners at RC have always been great but I was really disappointed in the new summer corn chowder. It did not have enough corn and there were too many corn silks in it which made it very unappetizing to eat.Special Features:
- Decorchic1959Decorchic1959Dined on 7/25/2014Ruth's Chris is the best place to eat at Harrah's Cherokee. We've never had a bad meal!! Great service too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMESHERRYDined on 7/24/2014Ruth's Chris never ceases to amaze me. Although known primarily for their steaks, every course was a culinary delight! We had the ahi tuna appetizer and it was nothing short of fabulous! Both of our steaks were exquisitely prepared, my boyfriend having a NY Strip, and I, having the filet prepared Oscar style. All that and the salad paired with a beautiful Malbec, was a total delight. We look forward to joining Ruth's Chris at Harrah's Casino again very soon! The entire wait staff and particularly our server were more than efficient and personable! Thanks for a lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $Food2die4Dined on 7/23/2014If we didn't have a hundred dollar gift card we would have been enormously disappointed at the additional hundred it cost us for a very over priced meal. My filet was so tough and full of grisel and my broccoli was barely cooked. The crab cake appetizers came after our soup and salad and they were mushy in the middle. My lobster bisque had very tough lobster meat in it, like rubber! Server was nice and I suppose would have brought us different food but everything was so bad we would have spent the night there! Outback Steakhouse here we come!Special Features:
- You Get What You Pay ForpickyeaterDined on 7/21/2014Steak cooked to perfection. Side dishes absolutely delicious. Excellent friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service, but...gmanatlDined on 7/20/2014They have a value selection, their "classic" menu - appetizer, side, entree & dessert. This is a great value and the portions are very adequate. The server we had was excellent, helpful, friendly, paid attention but didn't hover. The only "problems" were the sides were barely warm (potatoes, mushrooms). They added a sauce to the filet mignon (which came with lobster tail), that over powered the steak. A good steak doesn't need a creamy sauce, it should stand on its own. My gripe is that that wasn't mentioned on the menu. It basically ruined the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-PricedLoLoDined on 7/19/2014While the food itself was very delicious & cooked perfectly, that didn't off-set the fact that a single steak was all you got & an average price of that was $35. You would think at these prices you would at LEAST be given a salad. This was a special occasion, and the birthday person had always wanted to try this restaurant. We can now say we have, and we won't be back.Special Features:
- Everyone commentedMonroLawDined on 7/14/2014Before we came I sent a note that one of our party was celebrating her birthday. Every single waiter/waitress/staff mentioned that to her and I really appreciate that. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelersDined on 7/14/2014This restaurant is located in a large casino. They actually do a great job of making it feel like "someplace" else. The staff is very professional considering they are in the mountains of North Carolina on an Cherokee Reservation far away from areas where you would normally find such professional wait staff. They seem to do a good job of keeping families with children in areas separate from adults and couples looking for quiet ambiance.
- Top Rated Foodsmooch48Dined on 7/12/2014The food was extremely delicious, hot/cold as should be and tender. Could not have ask for anything more. Worth every penny! The service was a bit slow to start ordering but after that the waitress was very pleasant and checked appropiate amount of times. Would love to have the recipe for the lemon drop martini. The bloody mary was a bit lack luster.Special Features:
- Awesome steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food was wonderful! Service was spectacular and was well worth the money spent! I would recommend this place to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We have been here several times and LOVE it! The food is absolutely WONDERFUL!!! The staff have always been friendly and very nice.Special Features:
- DeliciousLoLoDined on 7/10/2014Loved Ruth Chris. Steaks done to perfection. Great to share a meal because portions are largeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.