Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville
851 Congaree Road, Suite A
Greenville, SC 29607Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ruthschris.net/reservations/greenville/
- Phone: 8642481700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday -Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Marclyn Ellison
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Catering: Experience the sensation of private dining at Ruth's Chris and treat your special guests to an unforgettable dining experience. Here you will find a wide array of information to help guide you through your event planning process at our restaurants located in metropolitan Atlanta, Birmingham and Huntsville, Alabama, and Columbia, Greenville, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
It will be our pleasure to host your next party, meeting or banquet. To learn how, just visit us at: http://ruthschris.net/private_dining
- Private Party Facilities: Numerous private dining rooms accommodating from 10 to 300 people. The main dining room is open for dinner only, however banquet and meeting rooms are available for breakfast, brunch, luncheons, cocktail receptions as well as dinner. Within the restaurant, the Verdae Room seats up to 14 guests. The Congaree Room accommodates up to 36 guests, while the Wine Room seats up to 48 guests. There are also well-appointed hotel banquet rooms of various sizes, with the Ballroom accommodating up to 300 guests. Please ask to see our on-site Catering Menus.
- Private Party Contact: Casi Sanders 8642481702
- Entertainment: PRIME TIME MENU
Enjoy a full 3-course meal including your choice of soup or salad, an entree, a personal side and your choice of dessert starting at $42.00 (plus tax and gratuity). Offered daily until 6:30 PM. To view details, go to: http://ruthschris.net/primetime
HALF-OFF PRIME BITES DURING RUTH'S HOUR
Ruth's Chris is thrilled to offer our Prime Bites Bar Menu with half-priced bar menu items during special Ruth's Hours. To view details, go to: http://ruthschris.net/primebites
- Special Events: Visit us at http://ruthschris.net/events to view our special menus and events.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville
Ruth's Chris Steak House is internationally acclaimed as "The Home of Serious Steaks." The menu features USDA Prime Midwestern beef - aged to perfection, broiled at 1800 degrees and served the signature Ruth's Chris way ... SIZZLING ... so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from the first to the very last bite. Mouthwatering fresh seafood, prime veal and lamb, and stuffed chicken are equally as outstanding. Enjoy New Orleans inspired appetizers like Barbecued Shrimp and Mushrooms Stuffed with Crabmeat. Salads, vegetables and potatoes are generous enough to share. Top it all off with a delectable Ruth's Chris dessert: Warm Apple Crumb Tart, Chocolate Sin Cake, classic Crème Brûleé and more. And, to complement your dining experience, Ruth's Chris wine list boasts over 175 select vintages. This is one big, thick, juicy experience that is sure to be memorable!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)notable wine list (11)romantic (11)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Overall, a good eveningbonlomDined on 8/12/2014Our reservation was for a Tuesday night at 7:30 pm. There were only two other tables occupied. The atmosphere was a bit stark and bright for a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, compared to others we have visited. Ambience left a bit to be desired. Our waiter was great...very enthusiastic, knowledgable, and helpful. We stuck to his recommendations, ordering the cowboy ribeye, filet, and NY strip. Although the steak was delicious, the cowboy ribeye was overcooked, but they gladly corrected the mistake in preparing another quickly and without question. Our loaded potato was delicious but the sauteed spinach was very salty. The recommended banana cream pie was outstanding. The waiter remained attentive throughout the meal.Special Features:
- Always greatYogaFanVIPDined on 8/9/2014My Mom and I dined here for my birthday. I love Ruth's Chris' food but it is the service that makes it incredibly worth going to. We were treated like royalty. Our meal was great - our steaks were perfectly cooked, our salads were fresh and the sides were divine. We loved it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Steak was only above average. Not enough flavor and slightly overcooked. Good overall but not a do over. Loved the summer selection. It allowed you to have a variety. Nice experience overall.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014The price was a tad high for the food. It was very good just not worth 30 for chicken. The so called family style sides were small and hardly enough for one.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014This was our first visit to Ruth's Chris - and we had a lot of built up expectations. It was terrific! The wine list was more than we could comprehend but we found one we enjoyed. The food was fantastic - the beef - as expected - was melt in your mouth tender and the potatoes were (Lionese) everything the waiter said they would be. Our waiter was excellent - attentive and very knowledgeable without being off putting. We had a semi private alcove - perfect for a couple wanting time alone. This place is not inexpensive by any means - but suitable for a very special occasion. Thanks for a terrific first time dining experience!Special Features:
- Simply Outstanding, As AlwaysRAK74Dined on 7/12/2014Celebrating our wedding anniversary, we specifically chose Ruth's Chris's and we're not disappointed. This is probably our most favorite steak house anywhere. My filet & my wife's petite filet were cooked to perfection, as normal. Brian, our server, was first-class, extremely friendly, professional, and eager to make timely suggestions. He is a great representative of Ruth's Chris. This is an outstanding restaurant in Greenville, only rivaled by its locations in Myrtle Beach & Columbia, SC. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but pricyjsouthernbelleDined on 7/12/2014We were celebrating my dad's birthday at Ruth Chris. Our waiter, David, was excellent. The food is good, but I think it is a bit overpriced. The salads are small - I don't recommend sharing them. The sides are also small - maybe will serve 2. Bring your wallet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with great serviceKerryDined on 7/6/2014Very attentive and knowledgeable staff. Best steaks ever!Special Features:
- Pretty tastyAlfredoDined on 7/3/2014Delicious 8-oz beef tenderloin, crunchy on the outside and tender-pink (medium) on the inside. Asparagus with bechamel, very good. Unexpectedly delicious peas au-gratin. Mashed potatoes with (more than just) a hint of garlic were creamy but just the right stiffness. Overall, highly recommended, but remember this will make a small dent in your wallet, so plan accordingly.Special Features:
- Could have been bettergoodbutnotgreat8Dined on 6/27/2014I have been hearing how good the steaks are supposed to be at this place for years. I finally tried one (the Cowboy Ribeye) and was not really impressed. It was good, but far from great. There was no seasoning on the meat and it is roasted. If it was cooked over a coal flame, I would imagine it improving dramatically. My meal came to about $85.00 (steak + potatoes + shrimp + a few sodas). The service was great and the room was comfortable. Everything was good, just not great; especially for the price.Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysAnonymousDined on 6/27/2014We don't get to Ruth's Chris often enough, but this was a wonderful experience. I highly recommend it to those wanting a real treat.Special Features:
- A Special Evening!MisterMangiareVIPDined on 6/21/2014Took some clients (friends!) out for dinner on Saturday and had a most enjoyable time. You cannot go wrong with the food here, absolutely dee-lish! The service is bar-none! Had a wide array of meals from steak, salmon, pork chop & mixed grill and everyone was licking their chops afterwards! Seeing (and tasting!) is believing! Do take some $$$.Special Features:
- Great as always!JessiCatDined on 6/18/2014I've been to Ruth's Chris several times and I have always had a great dining experience. Food was great. Service was amazing. We went to celebrate a birthday and everyone enjoyed their meal.Special Features:
- Great AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014This Ruth's Chris is consistently great and has been since it stated. GM Kirk runs a great place, from pleasant greetings from the hostess to impeccable service from favorite waiter Brian. The only thing missing is enough time and money to get there more often.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Waited a little too long for our entree, server misjudged how long it would take us to eat salad and soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not edibleOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/13/2014I have eaten at several Ruth's Chris steak houses around the country as well as other prominent steak houses and the meat that we were served was not Prime and was not edible due to grissel and tendon. We had lamb chops and a filet, and the filet split into thirds due to silverskin, and the lamb chops could not be cut. The server responded as well as could be expected but we will not be going back. Certainly not to the standard I expect from this restaurant at this price.
- not goodluvdine2Dined on 6/13/2014Food is over priced and is not good. Portions were either too big or too small. Sides were overpriced and so were entrées. Ambiance is plain and drab.Special Features:
- Another great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/7/2014The service at this Ruth's Chris is always outstanding and it was again. It has the best wait staff and service in the Greenville area. The food has been inconsistent in the past - one visit it is outstanding and the next average. The last two times (including this visit) the food has been outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to the hypeAlexGvilleDined on 5/24/2014Despite the attempts at impressing guests with trinkets like displaying the wine list on an IPad, and serving the steaks on a sizzling plate, I still felt like I was in a hotel lobby and though the food was good, it's by far not the best in Greenville. The Peddler & Rick Erwin's both have as good or better steaks and are not nearly as expensive. It was a good dinner but, at $200 for two people with 2 drinks each and gratuity - it was very disappointing... I won't be going back there myself.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014This was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. I was grateful that the staff took care of me and my children. I like to take my kids out to places such as this so that they can learn and enjoy and they were welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ResturantBigBoyStatusDined on 5/16/2014We will be visiting again soon. It was my first time thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for most nights outNJinGVLDined on 5/16/2014The restaurant comes with it's reputation of being very pricy and it was. At those prices, for us, it is out of our range financially. We were able to enjoy it only because we received gift cards. Even with them we spent 80+ dollars of our own. I will give a shout out to Brandon, our server that night. He was polite, attentive, efficient and couldn't have done one thing different to make our dining experience any better. He is top-notch, cream of the crop! The meal was good, the baked potato was enormous and tender. Cheesecake was good, not exceptional, but good. Overall, It was fun to get the opportunity to see how the other side lives if only for one meal!Special Features:
- Not wowed, but okay.FoodLuvDined on 5/10/20144 hosts, still couldn't get seated on time. Feels very "hotel bar-ish" vs high end steak house. Bar in the newly renovated hotel felt classier. Food was good, but not exceptional. Would rank it no higher than 5th overall in Greenville for steak houses. Too many great locally owned and simply better choices here to choose a chain, especially when this may not be the best example of Ruth's Chris.
- The following 366 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville reviews archive.
- THE BEST!!!!2OldtimersDined on 4/21/2014This was a gift from a friend as a 50th anniversary present. It was a wonderful experience. The best steak I have ever put in my mouth! The service was outstanding-our every need was anticipated. Our server Ashley (I think) was excellent. Meal was a little expensive but we truly enjoyed every bite. Would love to go again and highly recommend it to anyone and everyone who wants a great dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter DinnerDawnDined on 4/20/2014Was a wonderful dinner and the service was amazing!Special Features:
- SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Front desk hostess and table service are excellent with a consistent warm greeting. Wine list is good and the food is consistant no matter whne or where you go. Always a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceKennyDined on 4/19/2014Jerry, our waiter and all of the employees we're very friendly and courteous. The food was delivered quick and was very good. Thanks for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Everything was wonderful! Our first trip but definitely not our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2014We have enjoyed this Ruth's Chris many times and have never been disappointed. The service, food and drink are fully what you would expect in a fine dining restaurant. Many timne we go there for the bar scene and appitizers, and it is one of the best in town. The staff is very knowledgeable in what they have to offer as well as very good suggestions on food and wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet atmosphere forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014Nice quiet atmosphere for a romantic one on one special occasionSpecial Features:
- First time here believe it or not!ReneeDined on 3/12/2014We had a party of five for a birthday dinner. Amazing wine list! I had the lamb chops which were perfect! Two vegetarians at our table were able to order off the menu! A smidge overpriced. Service was great until about 75% of the way thru when our initially super helpful and fun server copped an attitude. No idea what happened but that threw water on our little party though we pulled thru;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DEFINITELY WORTH A DO-OVERSallyJoeDined on 3/11/2014Our experience was highlighted by our waiter Brian's welcoming personality. He gave us the mouthwatering detailed account on how our steaks would be prepared. The various selections of sides to complement our entrées were enough for two people. Overall we would certainly return and when we do, we will be sure request Brian as our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating lateCoupleDined on 3/8/2014Had an outstanding experience at our local Ruth's Chris on Saturday night. This was a late anniversary/Valentine's Day date for us. Service was prompt, courteous, thorough. Food timeliness was outstanding. Preparation was spot-on. Server Steven is without comparison. Both of us have multiple years in mid-scale food service and management. We will recommend this location to all we see and speak to, and we will strive to return ASAP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply FantasticsserdlihcDined on 3/1/2014We've been going to Ruth's Chris evry year for the past four years to celebrate our anniversary. It didn't disappoint at all. The Cowboy ribeye cooked medium was spot on and so was the au gratin potatoes. I recommend it to one and all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for a special occasiondualsportDined on 2/22/2014Food, service, atmosphere were all great. Ruths Chris is a fine choice for an unhurried meal on a special occasion. Bring your wallet - the prices are considerably higher than you might think and everything is ala carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFrankDined on 2/21/2014Let me start off by saying I was very excited to try the steaks at Ruth's Chris Steak House. I had heard so many good things about the quality of the meat. My wife ordered the filet and loved hers. I ordered the 16oz. New York Strip which is my favorite cut and I always order it when we go out. I must have been unlucky and got a bad cut of meat this time. It was tough and chewy with a tendon running through it. I was so disappointed that when asked how things were I just said fine. It was the first time for my wife and I going there and I had told her to expect the best. Hers was great and I was almost embarrassed to tell her I had the worst steak in my life. It is my fault for not speaking up but I just did. I received an e-mail to rate.Special Features:
- A defining experiencebmamba34Dined on 2/19/2014Memorable is an understatement, the experience is a lasting one to where the price does not even matter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waitressMikeDined on 2/15/2014Our evening was planned for the Valentines weekend getaway. Our reservation was for 8:15. We were finally seated at 8:35. The waitress was OUTSTANDING. Her name was Kendall. The food was ok. I have eaten at Ruth Chris in Columbia many times and thought the food was better there.Special Features:
- AtrociousSpoilbyhubbyDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I went to Ruth Chris for the first time the Valentine's Day weekend. Words can't describe the service and food. Our service Kendall was amazing next time we go we would love to have her, but all the servers we great! They address us by name when we were first seated. It like they knew our Who we were before coming in. Kendall explain their entire services without us asking for anything. Now the food!!!! OMG, is all I can say!!! My husband had a steak and it's was so juicy and tender you could pull it apart!!! I had the shrimp and grits and it was to die for. I can't wait for our next experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usual RC quality you can count on.CJayeDined on 2/15/2014The meal was the usual high standard that RC is known for and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.