Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville
851 Congaree Road, Suite A
Greenville, SC 29607Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ruthschris.net/reservations/greenville/
- Phone: (864) 248-1700
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room Hours:
Dinner Served Daily
Sunday – Thursday: 5 PM – 10 PM
Friday and Saturday: 5 PM – 11 PM
2014 Special Holiday Hours:
Thanksgiving: 12 PM – 9 PM
Christmas Eve: 4 PM – 10 PM
Christmas Day: 5 PM – 10 PM
New Years Eve: 4 PM – Midnight
New Years Day: 4 PM – 9 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Marclyn Ellison
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Experience the sensation of private dining at Ruth's Chris and treat your special guests to an unforgettable dining experience. Here you will find a wide array of information to help guide you through your event planning process at our restaurants located in metropolitan Atlanta, Birmingham and Huntsville, Alabama, and Columbia, Greenville, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
It will be our pleasure to host your next party, meeting or banquet. To learn how, just visit us at: http://ruthschris.net/private_dining
- Private Party Facilities: Numerous private dining rooms accommodating from 10 to 300 people. The main dining room is open for dinner only, however banquet and meeting rooms are available for breakfast, brunch, luncheons, cocktail receptions as well as dinner. Within the restaurant, the Verdae Room seats up to 14 guests. The Congaree Room accommodates up to 36 guests, while the Wine Room seats up to 48 guests. There are also well-appointed hotel banquet rooms of various sizes, with the Ballroom accommodating up to 300 guests. Please ask to see our on-site Catering Menus.
- Private Party Contact: Casi Robinson 864-248-1702x
- Entertainment: RUTH'S HOUR
Join us for Ruth’s Hour and experience Ruth’s Chris Steak House at prices that sizzle with savings. Monday – Thursday from 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM.
Click the link below to view the menu:
- Special Events: Visit us at http://ruthschris.net/events to view our special menus and events.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville
Ruth's Chris Steak House is internationally acclaimed as "The Home of Serious Steaks." The menu features USDA Prime Midwestern beef - aged to perfection, broiled at 1800 degrees and served the signature Ruth's Chris way ... SIZZLING ... so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from the first to the very last bite. Mouthwatering fresh seafood, prime veal and lamb, and stuffed chicken are equally as outstanding. Enjoy New Orleans inspired appetizers like Barbecued Shrimp and Mushrooms Stuffed with Crabmeat. Salads, vegetables and potatoes are generous enough to share. Top it all off with a delectable Ruth's Chris dessert: Warm Apple Crumb Tart, Chocolate Sin Cake, classic Crème Brûleé and more. And, to complement your dining experience, Ruth's Chris wine list boasts over 175 select vintages. This is one big, thick, juicy experience that is sure to be memorable!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)romantic (15)fit for foodies (11)notable wine list (11)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2014We have enjoyed this Ruth's Chris many times and have never been disappointed. The service, food and drink are fully what you would expect in a fine dining restaurant. Many timne we go there for the bar scene and appitizers, and it is one of the best in town. The staff is very knowledgeable in what they have to offer as well as very good suggestions on food and wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet atmosphere forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014Nice quiet atmosphere for a romantic one on one special occasionSpecial Features:
- First time here believe it or not!ReneeDined on 3/12/2014We had a party of five for a birthday dinner. Amazing wine list! I had the lamb chops which were perfect! Two vegetarians at our table were able to order off the menu! A smidge overpriced. Service was great until about 75% of the way thru when our initially super helpful and fun server copped an attitude. No idea what happened but that threw water on our little party though we pulled thru;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DEFINITELY WORTH A DO-OVERSallyJoeDined on 3/11/2014Our experience was highlighted by our waiter Brian's welcoming personality. He gave us the mouthwatering detailed account on how our steaks would be prepared. The various selections of sides to complement our entrées were enough for two people. Overall we would certainly return and when we do, we will be sure request Brian as our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating lateCoupleDined on 3/8/2014Had an outstanding experience at our local Ruth's Chris on Saturday night. This was a late anniversary/Valentine's Day date for us. Service was prompt, courteous, thorough. Food timeliness was outstanding. Preparation was spot-on. Server Steven is without comparison. Both of us have multiple years in mid-scale food service and management. We will recommend this location to all we see and speak to, and we will strive to return ASAP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply FantasticsserdlihcDined on 3/1/2014We've been going to Ruth's Chris evry year for the past four years to celebrate our anniversary. It didn't disappoint at all. The Cowboy ribeye cooked medium was spot on and so was the au gratin potatoes. I recommend it to one and all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for a special occasiondualsportDined on 2/22/2014Food, service, atmosphere were all great. Ruths Chris is a fine choice for an unhurried meal on a special occasion. Bring your wallet - the prices are considerably higher than you might think and everything is ala carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFrankDined on 2/21/2014Let me start off by saying I was very excited to try the steaks at Ruth's Chris Steak House. I had heard so many good things about the quality of the meat. My wife ordered the filet and loved hers. I ordered the 16oz. New York Strip which is my favorite cut and I always order it when we go out. I must have been unlucky and got a bad cut of meat this time. It was tough and chewy with a tendon running through it. I was so disappointed that when asked how things were I just said fine. It was the first time for my wife and I going there and I had told her to expect the best. Hers was great and I was almost embarrassed to tell her I had the worst steak in my life. It is my fault for not speaking up but I just did. I received an e-mail to rate.Special Features:
- A defining experiencebmamba34Dined on 2/19/2014Memorable is an understatement, the experience is a lasting one to where the price does not even matter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waitressMikeDined on 2/15/2014Our evening was planned for the Valentines weekend getaway. Our reservation was for 8:15. We were finally seated at 8:35. The waitress was OUTSTANDING. Her name was Kendall. The food was ok. I have eaten at Ruth Chris in Columbia many times and thought the food was better there.Special Features:
- AtrociousSpoilbyhubbyDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I went to Ruth Chris for the first time the Valentine's Day weekend. Words can't describe the service and food. Our service Kendall was amazing next time we go we would love to have her, but all the servers we great! They address us by name when we were first seated. It like they knew our Who we were before coming in. Kendall explain their entire services without us asking for anything. Now the food!!!! OMG, is all I can say!!! My husband had a steak and it's was so juicy and tender you could pull it apart!!! I had the shrimp and grits and it was to die for. I can't wait for our next experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usual RC quality you can count on.CJayeDined on 2/15/2014The meal was the usual high standard that RC is known for and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentines dayjose22Dined on 2/14/2014The atmostpher was excellent. Looking forward to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion, great foodLisa864Dined on 2/14/2014Ruth Chris has been the place for my husband and I when celebrating any special occasions or holidays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant and atmosphere.RandalDined on 2/14/2014Great restaurant and atmosphere. Service is always great. Had reservation and was seated right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love our ANNUAL Valentine's DinnerSCFoodieDined on 2/14/2014The only negative issue is that after spending our annual Valentine's Day evening / birthday dinner at Ruth's, we were disappointed that for the first time since the opening of the Greenville restaurant, we were not seated where we requested a 'private solo' dining 'booth' in the main dining hall .... but rather after 5 years of loyalty to Ruth's, we were seated in a room as far back as the restaurant could seat us......very disappointed in this treatment for our loyalty. We would have been happier to have been seated in the bar!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkable!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Best steak in Greenville. Pricey but very well worth it. Lived here all my life and have dined at all the steak houses and this one is by far the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day GreatnessSeabrookDined on 2/14/2014The service from the hostess to the waiter was a was wonderful. Our waiter, Brandon, was courteous and prompt. It was truly a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great and theMarktDined on 2/1/2014The food was great and the service was good. We were actually bothered by how often waiters/waitresses/managers stopped by the table to ask how everything was. It became annoying. For some reason it took longer than it should have for them to clear dishes and to bring the check. It was still a good experience, but I expect the best when eating at Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- costCuzzDined on 1/31/2014cost too much. why do we need to pay $150 for dinner? its only food. the service was good, the food was overly priced! I should have taken her for a movie with popcorn & coke, ice cream, fun park, and Texas Road House, and still have money in my pocket!
- Simply WonderfulJeremyDined on 1/19/2014I have had steaks from Atlanta to Charlotte, Asheville to Charleston, and most places in between. Ruth's Chris is the only one that I actually crave to go back to repeatedly. Even my mom, the vegan, had an awesome dinner! I do not know of many places that pay that much attention to detail while the staff still seems to enjoy what they do. This is the place to go if you want to be pampered with great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Switch up1TymeDined on 1/18/2014The reservation wait time wasn't what I expected. Had to wait more than 30 minutes to be seated. Other than that everything else was great. Our waiter did an excellent job and was very knowledgeable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!!!scolemanDined on 1/18/2014I've heard so many great things about this place and they proved to be true! Best steak I've ever had. I normally need A1 on my steak, but this was the first time I didn't. The broccoli and spinach au gratins and lyonnaise potatoes were great as well. Service was awesome and I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wrong steak was broughtOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014The wrong steak was brought out to me at first. It did not take very long for my order to be corrected. I requested med cook but the steak was still a little under cooked but I still ate it. It was not worth sending it back since the other 3 in our party already had their food.Special Features:
- Ok for a RCGrammyDined on 1/18/2014The restaurant was just ok. We have eaten at several Ruth Chris this was almost like an upscale Denny's. The service was ok, we felt like 2nd class citizens for ordering the restaurant week special. The server was pushing about the specials of the night. It was about the restaurant not us. The steak was good but not great. I was sad. For a 300.00 check we expected more from RC.
- Always First RateYogaFanVIPDined on 1/18/2014We visited Ruth's Chris in Greenville, SC for part of South Carolina Restaurant week. The food was delicious. We started with the jambalaya, which was perfectly spicy and had just the right amount of rice and nice chunks of seafood. We both got the 6 oz filet topped with shrimp. The steak was cooked perfectly and was just the right amount. Finally, our dessert was the New Orleans Bread Pudding which was perfectly executed. The bourbon flavored sauce was the perfect topping. What I love most about going to Ruth's Chris is the service. Every experience I have had at this location has featured the best customer service and a staff that is truly welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServicejohnathanDined on 1/18/2014Dining at Ruth Chris is a delight. The food is delicious and the service is excellent. I would recommend dining with them to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Spoiled in the EndPeteDined on 1/17/2014Food was very good, so was the service by Kendall. I would have rated the service as excellent, BUT a different girl served the desert that was atrocious. She practically dropped the plate of bread pudding in front of me, no smile, not a word, and swiftly turned away ( no lie) and returned to the kitchen. The same girl came back with a fork for one of my guests and dropped it in front of her. Again, no apology, no smile, and swiftly turned towards the kitchen. I didn't make a scene because of our special occasion. I talked to the manger after I got home and related the whole episode. He listened and was very apologetic. He asked what he could do for me, I said nothing, only to prevent this from happening to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!CBfoodieDined on 1/17/2014Such a delicious dining experience. It's my favorite spot during restaurant week. It is the best steak I have ever had anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In past experiences, I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014In past experiences, I have had better meals at Ruth's Chris. We were expecting the food to be a little more flavorful. While our food was not bad by any means, it was just average. The prices of the meals and the reputation of the restaurant are such that I expected a better tasting meal. We opted for the fixed menu, which was part of restaurant week in Greenville. Next time, I would choose a different steak house in Greenville.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/16/2014We are a regular at Ruth's Chris and this was the first time we were disappointed with the food. Don't get me wrong it was good just not up to the normal Ruth's Chris standards. My belief is that with it being "Restaurant Week" in Greenville and the massive influx of patrons, the kitchen was rushed and just not on their normal game. We will definitely be returning and I'm sure it will be back to the normal above average ratings.Special Features:
- Ruth's ChrisJudyDined on 1/16/2014The bartender was very personable and made wonderful cocktails. We went for Restaurant Week. It was a really nice 3-course dinner, very reasonably priced,Special Features:
- Cadillac ... No, Mercedes eateryLowGearDined on 1/16/2014A quiet, elegant restaurant. It's pricey, but the service and quality of food makes it a great choice for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Service Not So MuchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/15/2014We were there at Restaurant Week.The place was pretty packed and I do not think they were properly staffed for the business they had that night. We all ordered gumbo which was served cold. Our server seemed rushed and overwhelmed.The steaks, sides and desert were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, but OverpricedJetWallyDined on 1/11/2014I had a small filet, shrimp, salad, and loaded baked potato. Although all were excellent in preparation and taste, there was nothing to set them apart from any other fine restaurants around Greenville, most of which provide similar meals for a much lower cost. The service was top notch, and lacked nothing. The special included three large shrimp on the steak, but because the plates are heated to 500 degrees, when I moved them to the plate to cut my steak, the shrimp cooked more on the plate and became tough. The baked potatoes are tremendous and definitely enough for two people. It was well cooked and loaded, but again, everyone has a good loaded potato. I do not believe I will return.Special Features:
- Good food - great serviceBilloDined on 1/11/2014As always a near perfect evening to enjoy the food and a lady's company. entire staff worked hard to see to our ever need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub-Par DinnerTreysimVIPDined on 1/11/2014As usual, my steak was great! However, the salmon was was dry with no flavor. The lyonnaise potatoes were just fried with a few pieces of onion and no flavor. I have dined at this location many times and had wonderful meals, but this dinner was not up to par. We were greatly disappointed.
- Excellence in eatingHungrymanDined on 1/10/2014We enjoyed perfect service and great food. I would recommend to all steak loversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak overlookedMcguirexDined on 1/10/2014Everything was perfect but waiter did not check up on us enough. My steak was overlooked.1/3 rd was cooked correctly the rest was overlooked, dry and not juicy. They offered me another steak but I had already eaten enough and was full. They did not offer to comp part of my bill which I feel would have been fair. My girlfriends food was perfect. Can not complain about anything they did for her.Special Features:
- Good Food, Bad ServiceLauraVIPDined on 1/10/2014After ordering wine/beer, we were told that they did not have the bottle of wine (even though the iPad said there were 2 bottles left) or the beer. Later in the night, he poured wine from our $80 bottle into the house glass of wine of another guest. He didn't apologize, he just laughed when we corrected him. And he definitely did not ask if we would like it replaced or anything a good server would do. When the check came, he had charged us for both bottles of wine - even though we only drank the one. Usually all of this would be no big deal, but this was our first time at Ruth Chris and when you are spending upwards of $300 on a meal, you expect great service. Needless to say, we will not be returning.