Ruth's Chris Steak House - Garden City
600 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Garden City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschrislongisland.com/
- Phone: (516) 222-0220
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday Dinner - 3:00pm - 11:00pm;
Saturday Dinner - 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm;
Summer Sunday Hours 5:00 to 9:00pm;
Special Hours for Easter, Mothers Day & Fathers Day: 2:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Rigoberto Martinez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Front Room seating for 12 to 24 guests, Trophy Room Seating for 30 to 49 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Neal 5162220220x
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Garden City
At Ruth's Chris, the answer is steak. Of course, we offer plenty of appealing selections, from fish,lobster,chicken & chops. But steak is our crowning achievement. We start with the finest cuts broiled to your liking in the 1800 degree ovens perfected by our founder, Ruth Fertel. The intense heat seals in flavor and juices, making for the tastiest, tenderest beef you'll ever savor..Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Garden City - Best Restaurants in Garden City ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Garden City reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)fit for foodies (50)good for groups (43)romantic (41)notable wine list (32)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (9)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Ruth Chris is the standard that others follow!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014I have been a long term customer of Ruth Chris Steakhouses'. I first started going to Ruth Chris in the 90's and love the great service, and their standards for the food that is served. I introduced my wife to Ruth Chris back in 2009 and she was so impressed with the food and service that we hold that special connection to the brand. We seek out Ruth Chris in our travels, i.e. When we were in Hawaii we went to a Ruth Chris twice on our honey moon and they really treated us right both times. Our friend who also were on their honey moon had never been to a Ruth Chris and was extremely impressed. Satisfaction is the key word you should remember when you go to a Ruth Chris. They will do whatever is in their power to make your Eatting experience an experience you will be satisfied and want to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The stuffed chicken breast is scrumptiousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014The food is fabulous, ultimate service and atmosphere is comfortable and inviting. I highly recommend the stuffed chicken breast and the lamb chops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sreak Lovers DreamDinesoutDined on 11/15/2014Filet cooked to perfection, sizzling dish kept the steak hot throughout the dinning experience. Staff made our special anniversary dinner fit for royalty. Fantastic welcome, rose pebble covered table, complimentary photo, fantastic friendly staff, and a meal prepared perfectly left my wife and I already planning our return. Resivations should be a must especialy on a Saturday night. We recommend Ruth's Chris Steak House to anyone who wants a realy special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT STEAKmikeDined on 11/12/2014My wife and I went there for our 4th anniversary, everything was great our waiter Mike was probably the nicest waiter he have ever come across. Thank you againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyDisappointedDined on 11/8/2014Our party of four was seated next to a large party of 10+ which included a toddler and infant in a carriage. We asked fto be seated somewhere else. The person seating us said that there were no other available tables. It was obvious that this was not the case. We were seated else where. The young lady seating us was rude. We will not be returning to Garden City location, since it was not the first time we had to deal with rude staff.
- Fair but not a standoutNyfootyDined on 11/8/2014We were seated in a both by the bar. It was extremely challenging to get seated as there is little room between the booth seats and the table. Getting out was even more challenging and the whole seat kind of came with you. In addition being close to the Bar, in one's periphery were three large TV's making it distracting to concentrate on one's partner and conversation. I would not be seated in those booths again. AND if I am being charged $50 for a steak i would want a more refined atmosphere - not the local pub scene. Food was nice - but doesn't justify the prices. Service was nice - except one of the managers came around and interrupted our dinner to ask as how our food was? What is with that custom? Wouldn't race to go back
- Friendly and comfortableLadyBDined on 11/4/2014I was most impressed with the staff. They were friendly, available and humorous. The food was good but somewhat pricey. Standard steak house fare. I was there for a birthday celebration and did enjoy the night. Drinks were delicious and wine list comprehensive. Overall I would recommend for special occasion or romantic dinner.Special Features:
- RoyaltyLJLIDined on 11/4/2014It was our 25th Wedding Anniversary. I mentioned that I did not want a table near the door. When we arrived we were greeted by a "Happy Anniversary", rose pedals on the table along with a card wishing us a Happy Anniversary. The staff was very attentive, the food was great and we even received a complimentary photo and dessert. It was a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Beef central!MaryLVIPDined on 11/1/2014As always, an excellent meal! Our waiter put it well when he commented that 'here, it's all about the steak'. Perfectly cooked, and accompanied by classic sides, the steak made the meal memorable. A comfortable table and great service rounded out the evening--will always return!
- jojoluvtodineVIPDined on 11/1/2014One of our favorite steakhouses, the food is always good and they are always consistent. The environment is elegant and yet not stuffy. The staff is so friendly and helpful never pushy.Special Features:
- Lori and JerryLoriDined on 10/31/2014Was disappointed in the wine selection. Service was attentive at first bit slowed down when a party of ten came in. Asparagus was cold. The holland sauce served with it was tastes and watery. The ribeye special and sweet potato casserole was delicious. Unfortunately the NY strip was way too thick and poor quality. By the time we got to order and get our bottle of wine we were almost done with dinner. The crembulee was very good but the espresso was of a poor test. Over all, the evening was fair.Special Features:
- A Great MealNancytutorDined on 10/27/2014We had a wonderful experience. The food was cooked perfectly and was delicious. Our server was cheerful and friendly. We enjoyed a lovely birthday dinner!Special Features:
- steakviewDined on 10/25/2014food was exceptional attention by staff exceptionsl and friendly seemed sincereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris was AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014We both had the filet mignon because we knew they were known for that. We were very happy with the choice - it was very tender and flavorful! The generous glass of sangria was a nice surprise too. Overall, we had a great experience and can't wait to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table is Cheating me of Pointsaknyc10011Dined on 10/21/2014I strongly believe you (OpenTable) were wrong to deny me points for my reservation on October 21, 2014. I don't get the reason for denying me the points and regardless, a reservation that was fulfilled is a valid reservation. STOP Cheating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful and Specialtobias008Dined on 10/19/2014My wife and I went here for dinner, to celebrate our 4 year wedding anniversary. This is our second time celebrating the occasion at RuthChris' and again, we were NOT disappointed!! The hosts and manager welcomed us with "Happy Anniversary", and there were rose petals sprinkled on our waiting table. There was an anniversary card from the restaurant on the table, also!! We always ask for Ed, as our server, as he is the ultimate in professionalism and hospitality!! Ed provided special, attentive, wonderful service, and the food was exquisite!! My wife and I both had the Prix-Fixe Mixed Grill, and it is to die for!! Ruth'sChris is a top-notch establishment, from the food, to the servers, to the management!! Next stop, our birthdays!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placesteakloverDined on 10/18/2014I love steaks and have been to many steakhouses. Ruth's Chris is one of the top 5 steakhouses on my list. The quality of the steak is outstanding. The delivering the steak on a sizzling buttered plate is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceCadmanDined on 10/14/2014Rib eye perfectly cooked. Sides equally prepared. Service nearly perfect as well. Like the steak better at Peter Luger but overall, Ruth's Chris provides very satisfying meal. Will return for sure.Special Features:
- Celebrating #25!Bridie89Dined on 10/12/2014My husband and I wanted to "treat" ourselves for our anniversary. What a treat it was! We had reservations and were seated soon after we arrived. Our waiter John suggested Ruth's Classics and we followed his lead. The meal was perfect (I loved the strawberry, almond and gorgonzola salad!). We were not rushed in the least and it was a very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding anniversary dinnerDjphatDined on 10/12/2014Since my wife and I have never been to Ruth Chris. I thought it would be a good time to try it out. I notified them via open table app. I out in the notes it was our wedding anniversary. This is the first time any restaurant I have used with open table. That actually read the notes. There was flower pedals on the table for us and a nice card congratulating us and thanking us for coming. Also the staff all congratulated us as well. Very nice of them all. They also gave us a free desert to share. We had the apple crumble pie. Delicious! Food was great as expected. Excellent steaks and we loved the onion soup. Outstanding. Will recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nancy kNancyKVIPDined on 10/4/2014The food was wonderful and our server Cecilia was very gracious and attentitive. It made our anniversary celebration even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a carnivores mustSteakLoverDined on 10/2/2014Love eating at Ruth's Chris -Garden City. The place is clean and immaculate, service is fantastic and the food is beyond amazing. Management absolutely knows what they are doing. Have been going there every year for our anniversary and have not been disappointed yet. Long live Ruth's Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GinaDined on 9/29/2014Steak was over cooked and too salty . $58 per plate steak was not that good . I would say that home cooking steak is much better that theirs. I spend 460$ for family dinner and it was not worthy.Special Features:
- Meets every expectation-guaranteed!LisaVIPDined on 9/27/2014It's truly a "dining experience" where people "dress" for dinner, servers cater to you and make knowledgeable recs, food is outstanding and you are never, ever rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A standoutaknyc10011Dined on 9/25/2014RC is the best amongst its peers. Peter Luger is no match for RC so don't worry RC, you are #1 in my book. Food is always cooked perfect -- both temperature and seasonings and cooked to my specifications.Special Features:
- One of a kind!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014It's not too often you find a place where the food was delicious, service top notch and ambiance perfect! We don't go out like this too often so didn't want to just eat... Wanted to enjoy! We weren't rushed at all like most places. Stayed 2 hours for dinner! A memorable night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not great...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014The food was very good. The atmosphere is not my style - while you sit it seems a giant leopard painted on the wall is staring at you. I prefer old school type of steakhouses. Not sure I’d return to this Ruth’s Chris but I have been to the one in the city and have enjoyed it. Just a personal feeling and someone else may like the more modern, yet slightly outdated at the sametime, look and feel of this location.
- heres the beef!primecutDined on 9/16/2014Fabulous prime steaks, great staff. high priced .worth a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodKevKreis87Dined on 9/13/2014Ruth's Chris is a great choice for a delicious dinner. The service, food, and ambiance was very good. There was a chicken and sausage gumbo, which was a chef special most likely, that was stellar and comes highly recommended. Thought I felt Ruth's Chris was a excellent, I still feel that restaurants such as Morton's and Capital Grille are still one step above.Special Features:
- Never Dissatisfiedfoodie734Dined on 9/12/2014LOVE LOVE LOVE Ruth Chris time and time again. Never dissapointsSpecial Features:
- Food was Great!BizbethDined on 9/7/2014We all thought the food was great. Loved the grilled sampler. Gumbo shrimp, steak, crab cake combination of food was great. The Décor was also very nice. Ambiance is the only thing that needed some help. Maybe better music- seemed not lively. Fixed price was also good. Overall nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food/serviceDavidDined on 9/5/2014We have been going to Ruth Chris's Steakhouse for years. The food has been great and the service is wonderful. We take our family for special occasions and they enjoy it. The filet is great and I love the chopped salad with the bacon dressing. The shoe string potatoes and creamed spinach are great sides to go along with the steak. The bread pudding dessert is very good and quite large so save room for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice anniversary dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014We have been eating here for years, especially for anniversaries. The food was good, not great. My steak was too well done, when I asked for medium well. My loaded baked potato was poor. It had no taste. Houston's was way better. Service was very good and they made an appropriate fuss for our occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014The food was great as always. The steak was cooked just as ordered, and the service was excellent!
- What a lunch!johnnyp5VIPDined on 9/4/2014Food was fantastic - the service even better! Best lunch on Long Island. Best burger I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VG local SteakhousemelLDined on 8/31/2014Very good steakhouse...food and service are the way you want it to be and their dinner is an excellent valueSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The service is excellent and the staff is extremely professional. As always the food is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak & ServicewhereweatethisweekDined on 8/30/2014We have been to many Ruth Chris Steak House locations some of them many times and the steak, service and specials are always very good, the sizzle and the aroma make you excited to have your first bite and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Steak HouseMoonstruckOneVIPDined on 8/30/2014The service was disappointing, the wine was overpriced, but the food was outstanding! The shell steak was cooked to order & delicious. Shrimp cocktail was excellent. Tomato & onion salad was excellent. Potatoes au gratin & spinach were only ok. Coffee was excellent. Bread basket was mediocre. At these prices one expects & deserves better service.
- Decent meal, in no way exceptionalReview4UDined on 8/29/2014Have been to other Ruth's before. Service here was cordial but not exceptional. Steak was good, nothing to write home about. Lobster was overdone and slightly warm when it arrived at the table. Creamed spinach was tasty but only slightly warm. Restaurant was not overly busy, plenty of waitstaff to accommodate. For the price, one can easily find a better steak house elsewhere in the area. I thought I'd be writing a review of an exceptional dining experience due to the quality of other Ruth's I've been to. Perhaps it was an off night. Casual attire with some wearing shorts and Tshirts. If youre expecting a place where most diners are dressed up this isn't the place for you. Expensive for a decent meal.I would recommend this to a friend.