Ruth's Chris Steak House - Garden City
600 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Garden City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschrislongisland.com/
- Phone: 5162220220x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday Dinner - 3:00pm - 11:00pm;
Saturday Dinner - 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm;
Summer Sunday Hours 5:00 to 9:00pm;
Special Hours for Easter, Mothers Day & Fathers Day: 2:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Rigoberto Martinez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Front Room seating for 12 to 24 guests, Trophy Room Seating for 30 to 49 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Neal 5162220220x
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Garden City
At Ruth's Chris, the answer is steak. Of course, we offer plenty of appealing selections, from fish,lobster,chicken & chops. But steak is our crowning achievement. We start with the finest cuts broiled to your liking in the 1800 degree ovens perfected by our founder, Ruth Fertel. The intense heat seals in flavor and juices, making for the tastiest, tenderest beef you'll ever savor..Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Garden City - Best Restaurants in Garden City ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Garden City reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (35)romantic (31)notable wine list (23)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (8)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014I love steaks and have been to many steakhouses. Ruth's Chris is one of the top 5 steakhouses on my list. The quality of the steak is outstanding. The delivering the steak on a sizzling buttered plate is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceCadmanDined on 10/14/2014Rib eye perfectly cooked. Sides equally prepared. Service nearly perfect as well. Like the steak better at Peter Luger but overall, Ruth's Chris provides very satisfying meal. Will return for sure.Special Features:
- Celebrating #25!Bridie89Dined on 10/12/2014My husband and I wanted to "treat" ourselves for our anniversary. What a treat it was! We had reservations and were seated soon after we arrived. Our waiter John suggested Ruth's Classics and we followed his lead. The meal was perfect (I loved the strawberry, almond and gorgonzola salad!). We were not rushed in the least and it was a very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding anniversary dinnerDjphatDined on 10/12/2014Since my wife and I have never been to Ruth Chris. I thought it would be a good time to try it out. I notified them via open table app. I out in the notes it was our wedding anniversary. This is the first time any restaurant I have used with open table. That actually read the notes. There was flower pedals on the table for us and a nice card congratulating us and thanking us for coming. Also the staff all congratulated us as well. Very nice of them all. They also gave us a free desert to share. We had the apple crumble pie. Delicious! Food was great as expected. Excellent steaks and we loved the onion soup. Outstanding. Will recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nancy kNancyKVIPDined on 10/4/2014The food was wonderful and our server Cecilia was very gracious and attentitive. It made our anniversary celebration even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a carnivores mustSteakLoverDined on 10/2/2014Love eating at Ruth's Chris -Garden City. The place is clean and immaculate, service is fantastic and the food is beyond amazing. Management absolutely knows what they are doing. Have been going there every year for our anniversary and have not been disappointed yet. Long live Ruth's Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GinaDined on 9/29/2014Steak was over cooked and too salty . $58 per plate steak was not that good . I would say that home cooking steak is much better that theirs. I spend 460$ for family dinner and it was not worthy.Special Features:
- Meets every expectation-guaranteed!LisaVIPDined on 9/27/2014It's truly a "dining experience" where people "dress" for dinner, servers cater to you and make knowledgeable recs, food is outstanding and you are never, ever rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A standoutaknyc10011Dined on 9/25/2014RC is the best amongst its peers. Peter Luger is no match for RC so don't worry RC, you are #1 in my book. Food is always cooked perfect -- both temperature and seasonings and cooked to my specifications.Special Features:
- One of a kind!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014It's not too often you find a place where the food was delicious, service top notch and ambiance perfect! We don't go out like this too often so didn't want to just eat... Wanted to enjoy! We weren't rushed at all like most places. Stayed 2 hours for dinner! A memorable night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not great...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014The food was very good. The atmosphere is not my style - while you sit it seems a giant leopard painted on the wall is staring at you. I prefer old school type of steakhouses. Not sure I’d return to this Ruth’s Chris but I have been to the one in the city and have enjoyed it. Just a personal feeling and someone else may like the more modern, yet slightly outdated at the sametime, look and feel of this location.
- heres the beef!primecutDined on 9/16/2014Fabulous prime steaks, great staff. high priced .worth a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodKevKreis87Dined on 9/13/2014Ruth's Chris is a great choice for a delicious dinner. The service, food, and ambiance was very good. There was a chicken and sausage gumbo, which was a chef special most likely, that was stellar and comes highly recommended. Thought I felt Ruth's Chris was a excellent, I still feel that restaurants such as Morton's and Capital Grille are still one step above.Special Features:
- Never Dissatisfiedfoodie734Dined on 9/12/2014LOVE LOVE LOVE Ruth Chris time and time again. Never dissapointsSpecial Features:
- Food was Great!BizbethDined on 9/7/2014We all thought the food was great. Loved the grilled sampler. Gumbo shrimp, steak, crab cake combination of food was great. The Décor was also very nice. Ambiance is the only thing that needed some help. Maybe better music- seemed not lively. Fixed price was also good. Overall nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food/serviceDavidDined on 9/5/2014We have been going to Ruth Chris's Steakhouse for years. The food has been great and the service is wonderful. We take our family for special occasions and they enjoy it. The filet is great and I love the chopped salad with the bacon dressing. The shoe string potatoes and creamed spinach are great sides to go along with the steak. The bread pudding dessert is very good and quite large so save room for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice anniversary dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014We have been eating here for years, especially for anniversaries. The food was good, not great. My steak was too well done, when I asked for medium well. My loaded baked potato was poor. It had no taste. Houston's was way better. Service was very good and they made an appropriate fuss for our occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014The food was great as always. The steak was cooked just as ordered, and the service was excellent!
- What a lunch!johnnyp5VIPDined on 9/4/2014Food was fantastic - the service even better! Best lunch on Long Island. Best burger I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VG local SteakhousemelLDined on 8/31/2014Very good steakhouse...food and service are the way you want it to be and their dinner is an excellent valueSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The service is excellent and the staff is extremely professional. As always the food is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak & ServicewhereweatethisweekDined on 8/30/2014We have been to many Ruth Chris Steak House locations some of them many times and the steak, service and specials are always very good, the sizzle and the aroma make you excited to have your first bite and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Steak HouseMoonstruckOneVIPDined on 8/30/2014The service was disappointing, the wine was overpriced, but the food was outstanding! The shell steak was cooked to order & delicious. Shrimp cocktail was excellent. Tomato & onion salad was excellent. Potatoes au gratin & spinach were only ok. Coffee was excellent. Bread basket was mediocre. At these prices one expects & deserves better service.
- Decent meal, in no way exceptionalReview4UDined on 8/29/2014Have been to other Ruth's before. Service here was cordial but not exceptional. Steak was good, nothing to write home about. Lobster was overdone and slightly warm when it arrived at the table. Creamed spinach was tasty but only slightly warm. Restaurant was not overly busy, plenty of waitstaff to accommodate. For the price, one can easily find a better steak house elsewhere in the area. I thought I'd be writing a review of an exceptional dining experience due to the quality of other Ruth's I've been to. Perhaps it was an off night. Casual attire with some wearing shorts and Tshirts. If youre expecting a place where most diners are dressed up this isn't the place for you. Expensive for a decent meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurele5691Dined on 8/28/2014The food is excellent and the service is as good as it gets.Special Features:
- ExcellentKDowlingDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I always choose this spot for our birthday dinner. Excellent food and service. We travel from Queens just to come here. They treat us special.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris: An Excellent ChoiceKeepingItRealDined on 8/12/2014From start to finish you receive wonderful service, yummy food and great atmosphere. You really cannot go wrong. I prefer the Garden City location of all the locations I have been to.Special Features:
- gotwine55Dined on 8/11/2014Absolutely delicious. Wish I could dine there every week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening great serviceRichDined on 8/10/2014Our first visit to this very nice restaurant was to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were seated promptly and given a very nice table. Christina our server was very knowledgable about every aspect of the menu. We will always order the Crabtini appetizer on our return visits as it is the best we have ever tasted. We found that the wine list was very well priced and Christina helped as pick a wonderful bottle The evening was topped off with a wonderful birthday cake that my wife loved. A perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantJonrDined on 8/2/2014Great food, outstanding wine list, superb service. Place was a little noisier than I would have likedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food like always,but too loudCrdblDined on 8/1/2014Normally go to the city but decided a change. Waiter and food were excellect. Front staff need to be more polished and the it was alot more noiser than the same resturant in the city. Next time I'm going to the city.Special Features:
- Good food selectionLingDined on 7/30/2014We went here for a special occasion and the food was pretty good. The restaurant was busy and there are TVs on so it was a little noisy but not unbearable. There is a prix fixe menu in the back which steakhouses don't usually offer, so that was a nice option. I liked being able to sample a number of different things instead of being forced to order a la carte. The steaks were good but not aged like you would find at competing steakhouses. The crabcakes and stuffed chicken breast were quite good as well. At mention that it was my birthday, the waiter switched out the dessert with anything else I wanted at no extra cost, which was a nice surprise. Would definitely return there.Special Features:
- Ruth's ChrisChrisDDined on 7/27/2014We went here for a birthday dinner on a Sunday evening. Great service, and they also acknowledged the birthday with a card and free dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itCadmanDined on 7/26/2014Came here with my wife and son. Had the pre fixe 12 oz rib eye. Broiled to perfection. The sweet potato side was to die for. Monster onion rings. Great wine list. Wonderful service.Special Features:
- never disappointsAnneVIPDined on 7/23/2014great food and great service. Chopped salad is excellent. A must have is the lobster mac n cheese and the sweet potato casserole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Diningpar1392003Dined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed the food and service. Noise level a bit to high but overall thumbs upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks and MoreDrmeathound50Dined on 7/12/2014When ever I get that craving for a great steak dinner I go to Ruth's Chris. Great tasting steaks, great appetizers and great service. I haven't found another place that can beat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Ruth's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014We went for dinner at Ruth's Chris for my birthday this past Tuesday. Upon arriving, we were immediately seated at a nice table and our waiter came to take our beverage order. He then gave us an overview of the menu which was very helpful. For our entrees we chose items from the prix fixe selections. I ordered the Petit Filet Mignon with a side of mashed potatoes and my friend had a Mixed Grill of Petit Filet, Chicken, and Crab Cake. Prior to that, we had Caesar Salads. All of the food was delicious and the steak came to the table sizzling hot. Dessert was Cheesecake covered with a special peach compote. I would highly recommend this restaurant, particularly for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Garden CityJras423Dined on 6/29/2014I've been to Ruth's Chris in Garden City on at least five occasions and have yet to be disappointed. This is my favorite steak house on Long Island. Upon my last visit my father and I shared the Porterhouse for two and it was spectacular. I highly recommend this restaurant to steak and seafood lovers alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 541 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Garden City reviews archive.
- Classic Steakhouserusty2398Dined on 6/20/2014I think this was a nice steakhouse to go for a nice occasion. Not an everyday spot. It has a classic steakhouse menu, nothing special or standout about it, just great quality food. I like the ambiance by the bar with the booth seating. The other seating is a bit too open and has a feeling like it's a banquet hallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.