Ruth's Chris Steak House - Garden City
600 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Garden City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschrislongisland.com/
- Phone: 5162220220x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday Dinner - 3:00pm - 11:00pm;
Saturday Dinner - 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm;
Summer Sunday Hours 5:00 to 9:00pm;
Special Hours for Easter, Mothers Day & Fathers Day: 2:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Rigoberto Martinez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Front Room seating for 12 to 24 guests, Trophy Room Seating for 30 to 49 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Neal 5162220220x
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Garden City
At Ruth's Chris, the answer is steak. Of course, we offer plenty of appealing selections, from fish,lobster,chicken & chops. But steak is our crowning achievement. We start with the finest cuts broiled to your liking in the 1800 degree ovens perfected by our founder, Ruth Fertel. The intense heat seals in flavor and juices, making for the tastiest, tenderest beef you'll ever savor..Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Garden City - Best Restaurants in Garden City ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Garden City reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)fit for foodies (36)romantic (31)good for groups (30)notable wine list (23)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Always a pleasurele5691Dined on 8/28/2014The food is excellent and the service is as good as it gets.Special Features:
- ExcellentKDowlingDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I always choose this spot for our birthday dinner. Excellent food and service. We travel from Queens just to come here. They treat us special.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris: An Excellent ChoiceKeepingItRealDined on 8/12/2014From start to finish you receive wonderful service, yummy food and great atmosphere. You really cannot go wrong. I prefer the Garden City location of all the locations I have been to.Special Features:
- gotwine55Dined on 8/11/2014Absolutely delicious. Wish I could dine there every week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening great serviceRichDined on 8/10/2014Our first visit to this very nice restaurant was to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were seated promptly and given a very nice table. Christina our server was very knowledgable about every aspect of the menu. We will always order the Crabtini appetizer on our return visits as it is the best we have ever tasted. We found that the wine list was very well priced and Christina helped as pick a wonderful bottle The evening was topped off with a wonderful birthday cake that my wife loved. A perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantJonrDined on 8/2/2014Great food, outstanding wine list, superb service. Place was a little noisier than I would have likedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food like always,but too loudCrdblDined on 8/1/2014Normally go to the city but decided a change. Waiter and food were excellect. Front staff need to be more polished and the it was alot more noiser than the same resturant in the city. Next time I'm going to the city.Special Features:
- Good food selectionLingDined on 7/30/2014We went here for a special occasion and the food was pretty good. The restaurant was busy and there are TVs on so it was a little noisy but not unbearable. There is a prix fixe menu in the back which steakhouses don't usually offer, so that was a nice option. I liked being able to sample a number of different things instead of being forced to order a la carte. The steaks were good but not aged like you would find at competing steakhouses. The crabcakes and stuffed chicken breast were quite good as well. At mention that it was my birthday, the waiter switched out the dessert with anything else I wanted at no extra cost, which was a nice surprise. Would definitely return there.Special Features:
- Ruth's ChrisChrisDDined on 7/27/2014We went here for a birthday dinner on a Sunday evening. Great service, and they also acknowledged the birthday with a card and free dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itCadmanDined on 7/26/2014Came here with my wife and son. Had the pre fixe 12 oz rib eye. Broiled to perfection. The sweet potato side was to die for. Monster onion rings. Great wine list. Wonderful service.Special Features:
- never disappointsAnneVIPDined on 7/23/2014great food and great service. Chopped salad is excellent. A must have is the lobster mac n cheese and the sweet potato casserole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Diningpar1392003Dined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed the food and service. Noise level a bit to high but overall thumbs upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks and MoreDrmeathound50Dined on 7/12/2014When ever I get that craving for a great steak dinner I go to Ruth's Chris. Great tasting steaks, great appetizers and great service. I haven't found another place that can beat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Ruth's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014We went for dinner at Ruth's Chris for my birthday this past Tuesday. Upon arriving, we were immediately seated at a nice table and our waiter came to take our beverage order. He then gave us an overview of the menu which was very helpful. For our entrees we chose items from the prix fixe selections. I ordered the Petit Filet Mignon with a side of mashed potatoes and my friend had a Mixed Grill of Petit Filet, Chicken, and Crab Cake. Prior to that, we had Caesar Salads. All of the food was delicious and the steak came to the table sizzling hot. Dessert was Cheesecake covered with a special peach compote. I would highly recommend this restaurant, particularly for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Garden CityJras423Dined on 6/29/2014I've been to Ruth's Chris in Garden City on at least five occasions and have yet to be disappointed. This is my favorite steak house on Long Island. Upon my last visit my father and I shared the Porterhouse for two and it was spectacular. I highly recommend this restaurant to steak and seafood lovers alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Steakhouserusty2398Dined on 6/20/2014I think this was a nice steakhouse to go for a nice occasion. Not an everyday spot. It has a classic steakhouse menu, nothing special or standout about it, just great quality food. I like the ambiance by the bar with the booth seating. The other seating is a bit too open and has a feeling like it's a banquet hallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, decadent foodDrewbeeDined on 6/19/2014Nice for a special occasion. Whenever I show up with my son (he's a polite 11 year old), they put us at the bar as if he's going to make noise and throw food. Problem is, the bar can get noisy with patrons not befitting an upscale dining experience (wearing sweatpants and cursing). So that kind degraded the experience. But the waiter was great. Busboy didn't come around to refill water. Maybe I'm being picky for these prices, the busboy needs to make the rounds.Special Features:
- teamoTomDined on 6/18/2014We had their Price fixed 4 pound lobster-it was superb as is always the case at Ruth's ChrisSpecial Features:
- TeetDined on 6/15/2014A little pricey for portions that have been reducedSpecial Features:
- Go to the cityMe1978Dined on 6/14/2014Food was great, but ambiance felt like it was a hotel restaurant. Take a trip to the city wayyyyyy nicerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedAntonioDined on 6/14/2014The waiter was rushing us from the begining. I ordered a 22oz. Prime rib and it looked like a 14 oz over cooked one. My wife's food was just OK. When we asked for the dessert, the waiter did not offered us a menu he just gave us a couple of choices. We have been at other Ruth Chris locations but we never had such a bad exprienced while spending over $250 for two. Just horrible, I will never go back to any Ruth Chris just in case. I guess the waiter was rushing us because the restaurant got really busy and there were people waiting on line.
- Excellent experienceDrNickDined on 6/13/2014The food was uniformly excellent. My wife had crab cakes and I had the filet as our main dishes. The crab cakes were almost all crab - very little filler and delicious. The steak was prepared perfectly. The sides of sauteed spinach and Lyonaise potatoes were delicious and easily served two. Salads and desserts were equally excellent. Service was superior - professional yet friendly and very attentive. We were seated in a small room and the atmosphere was quiet and inviting.Special Features:
- Awesome steakhouseSailorFoodieVIPDined on 6/12/2014Went here for dinner recently and I've got to say, the food was awesome. The service was incredible too...very attentive staff. Will definitely be returning for their steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ruth chris garden cityJohnnyDeppDined on 6/12/2014The one in Manhattan is better. They sat us in the tables in the bar which was a little bit noisy. there was a lot of space in the main dining area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not easy to review not steak loverrmplVIPDined on 6/11/2014The service here is great.. I thought food just ok Not a steak lover, my husband is ….he loved. Good choices
- Very niceBigfoodie133Dined on 6/7/2014Used to go to Mortons in Brooklyn until they closed. A friend recommended this place and we shall go nowhere else. Awesome service and food. Kathy was our server and she was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak2dineforDined on 6/3/2014If a truly succulent piece of steak is what you crave, Ruth's Chris is the place that will satisfy a steak lovers cravings! A sophisticated and elegant dining room paired with excellent food and an outstanding wait staff provides a wonderful dining experience. Love it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickymeVIPDined on 6/3/2014Not the first time we dined here. Steaks were not up to par and our waiter was too interested in sharing his life stories rather than attending to the business at hand. The price charged for a misweek dinner at Ruth's Chris requires more careful management of kitchen and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Experience - Great Foodle5691Dined on 6/1/2014It is always a pleasure to eat at Ruth Chris' Steak House. The steaks were perfectly cooked and the service is outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/31/2014always great, best steak ever, service always the bestSpecial Features:
- great b-day dinner I hadlaura12Dined on 5/31/2014I enjoyed a terrific petite filet mignon steak for dinner with mash potatoes on Sat night - came with salad ( heart of palm and asparagus) . The dessert was free for me- the strawberry cheesecake. - it was a bit dense and no actual strawberries ( I was dismayed!) but that was the only bad part. Cappuccino was excellent and service was prompt. My husband had the surf and turf and my son had the cowboy ribeye steak- all flavorful and excellent. The asparagus as a side veggie was great - so were the scalloped potatoes. Place is a bit pricey but food is excellent and service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom MBP1946Dined on 5/30/2014Having not frequented Ruth Chris' for almost two years (because we moved further away), our dining experience was once again, excellent. From the quality of the food to the service, was as we remembered...great. Though not inexpensive, they give you a great value for the price, compared to other Long Island steak houses. Cocktails are reasonably priced for a steak house ($13.25 for a Grey Goose Martini, $12.25 for their specialty Martinis is a bargain). A good restaurant retains their staff...Ruth Chris has a wait staff that I remember from 10-15 years ago. Their steaks are cooked to perfection and their lobster tails are always sweet and succulent. Their wine list has some excellent values for the price conscious diner. Must go backSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable dinner at Ruth Chrisjohnnyp5Dined on 5/28/2014Eating at Ruth Chris is always enjoyable. Tasty and clean. Enjoyable as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 29th Anniversary Celebration2psnapod1985Dined on 5/25/2014We were celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary and the staff made it wonderful. Rose petals on the table, anniversary greetings etc. Robert, our waiter, was celebrating his 25th birthday so that was awesome as well. Robert was friendly, outgoing and knowledgeable. Food was as it always is....excellent. Thank you for adding to our special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUEnRICHVIPDined on 5/19/2014Another great meal at Ruth's Chris. Steaks were perfect. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finedinerDined on 5/18/2014One of my fav restaurants. Steak doesn't get much better than this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite DiningluvwriterDined on 5/11/2014Ruth Chris is my go-to restaurant for Mother's Day, birthdays, Thanksgiving and other very special occasions. The food is exceptional, the service spectacular, and in my opinion the best steak house in New York.Special Features:
- Dinner With MyMotherGift4MomDined on 5/10/2014I enjoyed this experience a great deal. Our server, Robert, made this a most memorable occasion for my mother. He was kind, attentive and most of all he made us laugh. Thank you once again for this great experience and I will be returning in the near future.Special Features:
- special nightlimomDined on 5/9/2014It was our anniversary dinner. We were greeted with a Happy Anniversary before we were even seated. Our table was quiet and lovely with flower petals and our waiter was brand new and was very attentive. We also were treated to a complementary dessert which was yummy. I think we will make it a tradition to spend every anniversary at Ruth Chris:)Special Features:
- Never disappointedMcolax22Dined on 5/8/2014Can't tell you how many times I have been to Ruth's Chris restaurants in various cities food is always top notch and very reasonably priced. If you haven't tried it your missing out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.