Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Worth
813 Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/20773/Fort-Worth
- Phone: 8173480080
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm. Our lounge opens daily at 4:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Craig Doyle
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Fort Worth, TX - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Choose from one of five luxurious private dining rooms to impress your clients, family, and friends. All private dining rooms completely sound proof and fully set up for audio-visual equipment.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Reed 8889186562
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Worth
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Fort Worth, TX serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)romantic (48)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (22)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (7)scenic view (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- MagicWifeMagicWifeDined on 8/26/2014Absolutely a wonderful dinning experience each and every time. Service was on point, thank you Megan, Alan Schulz the Beverage Manager helped us pick the perfect wine and beer for the night and spoiled us! We were celebrating our Son home on leave from USAF and they went above and beyond to make it a memorable night for sure. Food was Outstanding! If you have a special occasion coming up or if you just want to have a night out and make it special I would highly recommend Ruth's Chris Steak House-Ft.Worth!! Thank YOU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was lackingReneeGVIPDined on 8/23/2014So, first, the food was great. Unfortunately, you can get a great steak at tons of places in DFW, so what really sets a place apart is the service. We were celebrating a birthday so it was a special occasion. Everything started out well, but went downhill after we placed our orders. The pacing was off - we were only halfway through our salads before I saw the food runner approach the table with our entrees and then call the manager (?) to ask if he could drop the food with us. Sadly the manager did not have any qualms about setting our entrees down without apology. Our server apologized, but by then we already had the food. Empty plates and glasses sat on the table, and I didn't get the chance to order coffee. Overall, really disappointing.Special Features:
- Allways Excellent!!LovetoDineDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed our dinner and drinks. I am in love with the Ginger, Coconut, Lemon Drop Martini. The steaks are always excellent. We really enjoyed the lobster appetizer, which was recommend by our waiter Zack. He was personal and on top of things. We really liked the food runner too. Both waiter and food runner told us about the happy hour specials. We will try them out because they told us about it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This was a special occasion for my family. The atmosphere was great, the food was wonderful, and our experience was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 8/23/2014Great food and very tasty especially the desert. I do not like being told I have to do 50 characters in order to get out this programSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressive foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Everything was wonderful - good service and great food. The steaks were superb and simply prepared with just butter, salt and pepper. They melt in your mouth. Crab stuffed mushrooms and sweet potato casserole are highly recommended too. Our first visit to Ruth's Chris, but definitely not our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSwimmom2Dined on 8/22/2014We frequent steakhouse-Capitol Grill, bob's, Ruth's Chris, among the favorites.. We had bland soup and undercooked steaks...the waitress was slow. It was our daughters birthday and she chose the restaurant because she loves the filet. She was disappointed to find it overlooked. My husband ordered the wedge- it was a pile of lettuce with bacon bits and blue cheese on side .. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- cjdallas2009Dined on 8/21/2014Excellent in every way. The food was amazing the portions were perfect.Special Features:
- Micah treated us like royalty!greenmomma77Dined on 8/21/2014My husband and I celebrated his birthday @ Ruth's Chris in downtown Fort Worth. We dined early on a Thursday evening. Our server was Micah and he was excellent! I noticed he handled six tables simultaneously with ease. I believe he made each diner feel that he was giving them the best service - dunno how he could, but he did. This was our second dinner @ this restaurant, and we will definitely go back for future special occasions. The steaks are outstanding, but the service is what really makes this restaurant our fine dining top choice.Special Features:
- ExcellentCrowDined on 8/16/2014We had never been to Ruth's Chris before, and we were very pleased. The service was impeccable, and the food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good & Very MedicoreHankDined on 8/16/2014Special date night, Bass Hall tickets, really looked forward to Ruth Chris because up to now, it has been my very favorite steak house. My wife's steak came out perfect, warm red center; "just the way we ordered both steaks". Unfortunately, mine came out almost medium. I saw/tasted this difference right away, but because by the time our meals arrived, it was less than an hour from the start of the concert. How one steak can be cooked just perfect; and one steak, of the same kind, be wrong, I don't know. There was not enough time to send it back. Consistency is critical to keep us coming back. In the past, a manager typically strolls by the tables asking how things are, no Mgr in site.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceJustinandWendyDined on 8/16/2014We had our 29th anniversary dinner at your restaurant in Fort Worth on Saturday August 16th. We had a wonderful time, everyone was so nice and attentive. When we were seated by the host, he said Thank you for sharing our special day with them. He sprinkled heart shaped confetti on the table as we were seated. The waiter was even nicer, he made us feel like we were the most important people in the restaurant. He brought out a special dessert, free of charge, for us to share for our anniversary. We didn't know that was coming, so we had them box our desserts that were with our meal package. Leftovers were just as good the next day!!! WE WILL BE BACK!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best filet ever!SusanDined on 8/14/2014I went to the Ft Worth Ruth's Chris on Restaurant Week. What a find! The filet mignon is the best I've ever had -- cooked perfectly, tender and the sauce was absolutely wonderful. The desert, cinnamon cheese cake was over the top good. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion, special or not, because the ambiance, service, and food are out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a perfect steak!WayneDined on 8/14/2014We had a great Restaurant Week steak dinner. Ruth Chris never disappoints. Our steaks were cooked perfectly and the service was friendly and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014Had a wonderful anniversary dinner. Excellent food and very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable anniversary treatGlenDined on 8/11/2014We were seated right away, and they decorated the table with heart confetti for our anniversary. Food was amazing, and service even better! 1000 degree broiler and 500 degree plates keep those steaks sizzling...order down on meat it keeps cooking on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/10/2014We had a great dinner.....everything was very tasty.....the lobster tails were delicious (wish they were served on a warm, not cold, plate. The dessert was awesome. Jason is a most excellent server, and we will ask for him on our next visit.
- First Time and Won't Be the Last!Cookings4SpclOccassionsDined on 8/9/2014This was my first time dining at Ruth's Chris and I was not disappointed. I don't care for steak, so I had the chicken breasts stuffed with garlic herb cheese. It was moist and very well seasoned. The only thing I would change is that I would like more of the cheese and to have it stuffed all the way through. It was stuffed only near the top. The Caesar Salad was even the best I've had anywhere. I believe in the more cheese the better, so I was pleased that it had an abundance of shavings on top. Even the dressing was the best. The Prosecco was pleasurable as well. Over all I can certainly say that I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014HungryGirlDined on 8/9/2014We totally enjoyed our meal. Two of us upgraded to the $45 meal and then we split the ribeye and the lobster tails. It was fabulous! My husband loved his petit filet. Food was outstanding, service was great. Only issue was when the valet returned me car, it really irks me when they turn on the radio, change the station and mess with my air conditioning settings. I mean, really, how far away do they park that they feel they have the right to mess with my car. But the restaurant was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice night without the kidsFvWbDined on 8/8/2014The staff at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is second to none. This is how each and every customer service interaction should occur. Polite, professional, friendly but not over the top. This was a nice "date night" meal that set the mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary to rememberwanne2001Dined on 8/8/2014My husband and I went to Ruth's Chris to celebrate our anniversary. The food and service were amazing! They went above and beyond to make our night special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Present Ever!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Took my grandmother in for her 69th Birthday and it went flawlessly. Great place to share such a special occasion. Juan, our server, was very knowledgable and went above in beyond to make sure this birthday was unforgettable. They even took a picture so we could always hold on to a great night. The food was amazing. I suggest the Bone-in Filet. It melted in my mouth with the perfect amount of tenderness and flavor from the bone. Juan was also very knowledgeable with wine and paired me up perfectly with a glass of Silver Oak Alexander Valley. I can't wait for my birthday because we will be back!! Ask for Juan and promise you'll have an unforgettable experience!!!!Special Features:
- SuzanneOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014The dinner was excellent. The service was perfect and they sat us right away. We had an excellent server and made several recommendations. The jumbo shrimp were delicious. It was my husband's and my first night out in a long time and we had a very nice dinner. We will definitely be back soon and not wait so long next time. We were seated in a private area which was wonderful since we don't get out too often. It was a very nice and not a rushed evening. The malbec was wonderful too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expected.MeancwbDined on 8/1/2014This is the second time my wife and I have dined at Ruth's Chris and as expected it was wonderful.Special Features:
- Fantastic 80th Birthday CelebartionChristopherJDined on 7/27/2014Dined at Ruth's Chris in Ft. Worth to celebrate my wife's Grandmother's 80th birthday, everyone from the valet to the host, server, and management, were so kind and really went above and beyond to make our celebration special. Our server, Don, was terrific, very friendly and knowledgable, and the GM of the restuarant, Bill, stopped by and visisted with us, and they did a special 80th birthday plate for our guest of honor. A truly memorable experience, I highly recomend this steak house!Special Features:
- Amazing meal!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Our meal at Ruth Chris on July 12th was marvelous! The food was superb, our waiter Jeff was very attentive and helpful with suggesting entrees, etc. All of the employees were very warm and attentive including hostesses and manager. We are only in Ft. Worth once a year, but will definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Larry in FWFWVisitorDined on 7/11/2014An excellent, and delicious, way to celebrate a special occasion. Thoughtful, attentive staff and wonderful food.Special Features:
- Most Excellent!dbt135Dined on 7/11/2014Never fails! When you're wanting a great meal and a fabulous dining experience, Ruth's Chris is the place to dine. Fine dining and great service at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LackingDaggerDined on 6/26/2014We attended Ruth's Chris for our anniversary hoping for a great experience. What we got was great food with sub-par service. My appetizer was forgotten and after waiting a while for the waitress I finally received, but without an apology. My wife was hit by some silverware as one of the waiters went by. Overall the food was great, but the service was not. I expect better execution from a place like this and I doubt I will be back. There are plenty of other steak houses in Fort Worth that offer a better experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JD46Dined on 6/21/2014Great food and Jeff was a great server...He had been employed since restaurant opened and you could really enjoy his service. We had a great night and will look forward to our next visit... :)Special Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014My husband and I were celebrating a special occasion and the waitress or hostess didn't acknowledge it at all. My husband loves steak so I thought this place would be perfect to celebrate our special evening but I was not pleased with the service or their lack of attention to my husband and I. Will never go back nor will I recommend them to anyone!
- VivieDined on 6/21/2014Great food and birthday celebration! One of our favorite FW restaurants.Special Features:
- This experience, not great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014Always have great experiences at Ruth's Chris! First time at this location and it was just okay. Everything was drenched in butter, which took away from the flavor of the food😞
- Anniversary DateilovesteakDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I went out to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. We had never eaten at Ruth's Chris so we were both eager. We read some negative reviews, so we tried to go in with no preconceived ideas (good or bad). We were VERY pleased with our choice. Our steaks were perfect (my wife got the petite filet and I got the cowboy ribeye) and our sides were very delicious. We are pleased with our choice to celebrate our anniversary there, and we'll definitely put it on our list of "special occasion outings".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLambchop1Dined on 6/6/2014The food was excellent. Meat done to perfection, vegetables well prepared.Special Features:
- Dinner before the showTruluckerDined on 6/1/2014My mom got my fiance and me tickets to Swan Lake at Bass Performance Hall. I thought it'd be a good idea to have a nice dinner before hand - set the mood for the evening. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse was a great decision. The steaks were absolutely delicious! I have to admit that my fiance's filet was better than my ribeye, but both still had wonderful flavor. It was also nice that the sides were big enough for two to share. This helps cut down on price. The lobster Mac and cheese was good, but we have had better at a different steakhouse. Overall, a great dinner to lead into a great romantic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was better beforeEcw123Dined on 5/31/2014I have been there before and had a great experience. But that was a while ago. This time the place was crowded but loud (not good for a romantic date)...and the food was not nearly as good. The service was also delayed as our server had several other tables to attend to. I wouldn't say don't go, but if it's a special occasion and you want to make sure you have a great dinning experience, then I would recommend someplace else. But again, prior to this I have had great experiences.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014My impression was that the people who enjoy this food obviously have never had a good home cooked meal - because the filet steak/mashed potatoes/broccoli au gratin was no better than what I could have fixed it at home - you just had to pay an extra $150 for it. The petite filet I had was completely underwhelming at a whopping $41. Oh and did I mention you only get the steak no extras. So you have to pay $8.50 for an added dish (that serves two with a small appetite). NEVER going back. Its a complete rip off for a home cooked meal that is below par, and an atmosphere that is noisy and you can't hold a conversation in.Special Features:
- SolidMikeDined on 5/23/2014Ordered the small ribeye and was satisfied. Wife had the ahi tuna appetizer and was pleased. Jon, our waiter, was personable, professional and punctual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinning experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014From the moment we walked in everything was fabulous. The hostess Victoria & Amity were friendly and welcoming. Zach our server was great he did an outstanding job. Amber & sam the server assistants were very attentive throughout the whole dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.