Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Worth
813 Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/20773/Fort-Worth
- Phone: 8173480080
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm. Our lounge opens daily at 4:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Craig Doyle
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Fort Worth, TX - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Choose from one of five luxurious private dining rooms to impress your clients, family, and friends. All private dining rooms completely sound proof and fully set up for audio-visual equipment.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Reed 8889186562
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Worth
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Fort Worth, TX serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)romantic (56)notable wine list (28)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (7)scenic view (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Very Special AnniversarycelebrateDined on 10/18/2014We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and everyone was great. The restaurant was quite welcoming. The food was fantastic. Service was impeccable. We had a great experience. We will definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great ServiceForWorthfoodieDined on 10/18/2014The great service started at the door and continued through desert. Very friendly staff with pleasant attitudes. My one complaint would be that the steak was not seasoned as well as I would have liked. The plus side was the shrimp. They were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruths ChrisJohnDDined on 10/12/2014Ruths Chris is one of our favorite special occasions dining establishment. The food and service are always outstanding. We were celebrating our anniversary and they had a special table set aside with little hearts on the table. We also received a complimentary dessert. Just wonderful. Would highly recommend this location. The waiter was very attentive and engaging. Love it.Special Features:
- Great Night for SteakBruceTexasVIPDined on 10/3/2014As usual the sizzling butter filets were excellent.Special Features:
- perfect night from start to finishlikestodineDined on 9/27/2014The greeting at Ruth's certainly begins the night off on the right foot. Friendly, but not over the top. We were seated in a quiet area, as requested and taken care of immediately. All the courses served were the correct temperature, excellent presentation, and the flavor perfect, especially the rib eye. You could not ask for a more tender, delicious, perfecty cooked steak! The manager (assuming he was), made the rounds once to assure everyone was pleased. The service was actually slow, at times waiting for water, plates to be removed, the check, etc. Perhaps the team had another room to attend to. It was not a problem and they were all very professional and nice, just perhaps spears a little thin. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- TemperatureSlinkyDined on 9/26/2014I was told to order my steak, medium to have my steak medium well, since it continues to cook on the plate when it comes out. My steak came out already medium well and by the time I finished eating, it was over cooked😓Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oustanding!iiinickDined on 9/20/2014We could not have found a better place to eat for our 10 year anniversary. We ordered filet steaks, salads, asparagus, green beans, and everything was AMAZING. I've had bobs steakhouse, silver fox, del friscos, all the high end steakhouses and Ruth's Chris blows them all away. Definitely going to be the next celebration destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glad I finally got to tryDianne51Dined on 9/20/2014I have always wanted to Try Ruth's Chris Steak House. Although I thought it was very good I felt the one we attended in Fort Worth seemed it could use an update. It seemed a bit "old". Service was acceptable, but not outstanding and after all the raves I have heard from others - I felt I was a little disappointed. Food was good but not outstanding. Clients also seemed to be an older crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!MatnJakDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant was very nice. Upscale yet inviting. Service was superb; our waiter Micah was helpful and very attentive. The food was delicious and I have to say one of the best Steaks I have eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and food.luv2dineDined on 8/30/2014I had always wanted to try Ruth Chris Steakhouse and DFW Restaurant week was the perfect time. I sent out an email to friends and 8 of us showed up. We all had a great time and loved the food! The service was outstanding and we are ready to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed the eveningsherryDined on 8/30/2014was very pleased with my meal and that's what really counts. I did not find the table or the room we were seated in particularly appealing - I am not really crazy about table for two against a blank wall. the beverage manager, alan schulz, was very friendly and told us about the founder - Ruth. I also like the fact that there were nice 3 course dining choices on the menu at a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014We were immediately seated and our assistant server filled our water glasses. Our server greeted us and took our drink order and brought us hot bread and butter. We asked for the restaurant week menu and one was brought. My wife ordered the fillet and I upgraded to the twin 5oz lobster tails. We also had the fourth course which was stuffed mushrooms with crab meat. Absolutely delicious. Both of our meals were fantastic. The only draw back was towards the end the service got a little slow. Business picked up and our server had more people to wait on. All in all our experience there was wonderful. Would definately come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific steak and service.kembessosDined on 8/28/2014My first time to Ruth's Chris. I've been to plenty of top steakhouses, but this is the best. The filet was perfect. Service was awesome. We really enjoyed the experience and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014We dined on a Wed. and the place was virtually deserted. I was expecting more people during restaurant week. We got the stuffed mushrooms as 4th course and it was so salty, I couldn't eat it. My husbands steak was tender and flavorful (per him). He tasted the salmon from another plate and said it was nothing to write home about and tasted very fishy. I got the stuffed chicken breast and was extremely disappointed. The description said it was a double chicken breast stuffed with garlic herb cheese. The chicken was tough on the outside and if you weren't looking specifically for the garlic herb cheese you would've missed it. Needless to say I ate less than half of it and took the rest home in a doggie bag.Special Features:
- First visitTrynewplacesDined on 8/27/2014This was our first visit and it was great. We arrived a few minutes early for our reservation and was seated immediately. Our server was attentive and our steaks were cooked to perfection. My husband and my friend had the salmon and it was good however it was a little dry (could've used some lemon butter sauce). We live in Dallas and decided to ride the train to Fort Worth specifically to visit a restaurant during restaurant week. My friend had a cocktail that she didn't like and the server replaced it with a glass of wine and she was pleased. Overall everyone in my party was pleased and will return for a subsequent visit.Special Features:
- MagicWifeMagicWifeDined on 8/26/2014Absolutely a wonderful dinning experience each and every time. Service was on point, thank you Megan, Alan Schulz the Beverage Manager helped us pick the perfect wine and beer for the night and spoiled us! We were celebrating our Son home on leave from USAF and they went above and beyond to make it a memorable night for sure. Food was Outstanding! If you have a special occasion coming up or if you just want to have a night out and make it special I would highly recommend Ruth's Chris Steak House-Ft.Worth!! Thank YOU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth ChrisFWeatingVIPDined on 8/26/2014We went to Ruth Chris for restaurant week. I ordered my steak medium rare and it came out a little bit more done. I mentioned it. They asked if I wanted another steak. I said no it's fine. Magically another one appeared medium rare! The service was top notch. The dessert was really good! I'll be back!Special Features:
- Service was lackingReneeGVIPDined on 8/23/2014So, first, the food was great. Unfortunately, you can get a great steak at tons of places in DFW, so what really sets a place apart is the service. We were celebrating a birthday so it was a special occasion. Everything started out well, but went downhill after we placed our orders. The pacing was off - we were only halfway through our salads before I saw the food runner approach the table with our entrees and then call the manager (?) to ask if he could drop the food with us. Sadly the manager did not have any qualms about setting our entrees down without apology. Our server apologized, but by then we already had the food. Empty plates and glasses sat on the table, and I didn't get the chance to order coffee. Overall, really disappointing.Special Features:
- Allways Excellent!!LovetoDineDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed our dinner and drinks. I am in love with the Ginger, Coconut, Lemon Drop Martini. The steaks are always excellent. We really enjoyed the lobster appetizer, which was recommend by our waiter Zack. He was personal and on top of things. We really liked the food runner too. Both waiter and food runner told us about the happy hour specials. We will try them out because they told us about it.Special Features:
- specoccDined on 8/23/2014This was a special occasion for my family. The atmosphere was great, the food was wonderful, and our experience was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 8/23/2014Great food and very tasty especially the desert. I do not like being told I have to do 50 characters in order to get out this programSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressive foodRoseAnnDined on 8/22/2014Everything was wonderful - good service and great food. The steaks were superb and simply prepared with just butter, salt and pepper. They melt in your mouth. Crab stuffed mushrooms and sweet potato casserole are highly recommended too. Our first visit to Ruth's Chris, but definitely not our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSwimmom2Dined on 8/22/2014We frequent steakhouse-Capitol Grill, bob's, Ruth's Chris, among the favorites.. We had bland soup and undercooked steaks...the waitress was slow. It was our daughters birthday and she chose the restaurant because she loves the filet. She was disappointed to find it overlooked. My husband ordered the wedge- it was a pile of lettuce with bacon bits and blue cheese on side .. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- cjdallas2009Dined on 8/21/2014Excellent in every way. The food was amazing the portions were perfect.Special Features:
- Micah treated us like royalty!greenmomma77Dined on 8/21/2014My husband and I celebrated his birthday @ Ruth's Chris in downtown Fort Worth. We dined early on a Thursday evening. Our server was Micah and he was excellent! I noticed he handled six tables simultaneously with ease. I believe he made each diner feel that he was giving them the best service - dunno how he could, but he did. This was our second dinner @ this restaurant, and we will definitely go back for future special occasions. The steaks are outstanding, but the service is what really makes this restaurant our fine dining top choice.Special Features:
- ExcellentCrowDined on 8/16/2014We had never been to Ruth's Chris before, and we were very pleased. The service was impeccable, and the food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good & Very MedicoreHankDined on 8/16/2014Special date night, Bass Hall tickets, really looked forward to Ruth Chris because up to now, it has been my very favorite steak house. My wife's steak came out perfect, warm red center; "just the way we ordered both steaks". Unfortunately, mine came out almost medium. I saw/tasted this difference right away, but because by the time our meals arrived, it was less than an hour from the start of the concert. How one steak can be cooked just perfect; and one steak, of the same kind, be wrong, I don't know. There was not enough time to send it back. Consistency is critical to keep us coming back. In the past, a manager typically strolls by the tables asking how things are, no Mgr in site.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceJustinandWendyDined on 8/16/2014We had our 29th anniversary dinner at your restaurant in Fort Worth on Saturday August 16th. We had a wonderful time, everyone was so nice and attentive. When we were seated by the host, he said Thank you for sharing our special day with them. He sprinkled heart shaped confetti on the table as we were seated. The waiter was even nicer, he made us feel like we were the most important people in the restaurant. He brought out a special dessert, free of charge, for us to share for our anniversary. We didn't know that was coming, so we had them box our desserts that were with our meal package. Leftovers were just as good the next day!!! WE WILL BE BACK!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best filet ever!SusanDined on 8/14/2014I went to the Ft Worth Ruth's Chris on Restaurant Week. What a find! The filet mignon is the best I've ever had -- cooked perfectly, tender and the sauce was absolutely wonderful. The desert, cinnamon cheese cake was over the top good. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion, special or not, because the ambiance, service, and food are out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a perfect steak!WayneDined on 8/14/2014We had a great Restaurant Week steak dinner. Ruth Chris never disappoints. Our steaks were cooked perfectly and the service was friendly and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014Had a wonderful anniversary dinner. Excellent food and very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable anniversary treatGlenDined on 8/11/2014We were seated right away, and they decorated the table with heart confetti for our anniversary. Food was amazing, and service even better! 1000 degree broiler and 500 degree plates keep those steaks sizzling...order down on meat it keeps cooking on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/10/2014We had a great dinner.....everything was very tasty.....the lobster tails were delicious (wish they were served on a warm, not cold, plate. The dessert was awesome. Jason is a most excellent server, and we will ask for him on our next visit.
- First Time and Won't Be the Last!Cookings4SpclOccassionsDined on 8/9/2014This was my first time dining at Ruth's Chris and I was not disappointed. I don't care for steak, so I had the chicken breasts stuffed with garlic herb cheese. It was moist and very well seasoned. The only thing I would change is that I would like more of the cheese and to have it stuffed all the way through. It was stuffed only near the top. The Caesar Salad was even the best I've had anywhere. I believe in the more cheese the better, so I was pleased that it had an abundance of shavings on top. Even the dressing was the best. The Prosecco was pleasurable as well. Over all I can certainly say that I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014HungryGirlDined on 8/9/2014We totally enjoyed our meal. Two of us upgraded to the $45 meal and then we split the ribeye and the lobster tails. It was fabulous! My husband loved his petit filet. Food was outstanding, service was great. Only issue was when the valet returned me car, it really irks me when they turn on the radio, change the station and mess with my air conditioning settings. I mean, really, how far away do they park that they feel they have the right to mess with my car. But the restaurant was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice night without the kidsFvWbDined on 8/8/2014The staff at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is second to none. This is how each and every customer service interaction should occur. Polite, professional, friendly but not over the top. This was a nice "date night" meal that set the mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary to rememberwanne2001Dined on 8/8/2014My husband and I went to Ruth's Chris to celebrate our anniversary. The food and service were amazing! They went above and beyond to make our night special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Present Ever!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Took my grandmother in for her 69th Birthday and it went flawlessly. Great place to share such a special occasion. Juan, our server, was very knowledgable and went above in beyond to make sure this birthday was unforgettable. They even took a picture so we could always hold on to a great night. The food was amazing. I suggest the Bone-in Filet. It melted in my mouth with the perfect amount of tenderness and flavor from the bone. Juan was also very knowledgeable with wine and paired me up perfectly with a glass of Silver Oak Alexander Valley. I can't wait for my birthday because we will be back!! Ask for Juan and promise you'll have an unforgettable experience!!!!Special Features:
- SuzanneOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014The dinner was excellent. The service was perfect and they sat us right away. We had an excellent server and made several recommendations. The jumbo shrimp were delicious. It was my husband's and my first night out in a long time and we had a very nice dinner. We will definitely be back soon and not wait so long next time. We were seated in a private area which was wonderful since we don't get out too often. It was a very nice and not a rushed evening. The malbec was wonderful too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expected.MeancwbDined on 8/1/2014This is the second time my wife and I have dined at Ruth's Chris and as expected it was wonderful.Special Features: