Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fresno
7844 N. Blackstone Avenue
Fresno, CA 93720Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fresno
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/111113/Fresno
- Phone: 5594900358
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tommy Chavez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Fresno, CA the same flavor, service and expertise from Ruth's Chris to you! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth’s Chris Steak House offers expert planning assistance and custom menu options for your entertaining needs. Our warm hospitality and responsive, professional service ensure that your private party, banquet, reception, rehearsal dinner or any special event will meet your highest expectations.
- Private Party Contact: Misty DeFlitch 8776256099
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fresno
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Fresno, CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fresno - Best Restaurants in Fresno ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fresno reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)romantic (8)notable wine list (8)fit for foodies (6)hot spot (5)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Ruth ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014If you don't mind the cost this is a great place to eat. The cowboy ribeye is amazing.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodfresnobestDined on 8/23/2014The food was fantastic and the service was the best we have ever encountered. Thank you for a fabulous experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineAndDineDined on 8/23/2014Friendly, fine dining experience. We brought friends who had never dined at Ruth's before. Our waiter, Scott Beal, made them feel welcome & comfortable. He was a great waiter & his recommendations were delicious. We appreciated that the chef was willing to split our salads & baked potatoes for us (per our request since the portions were very generous). Our rib eye & filet mignon steaks were cooked perfectly. We were able to chat with each other and eat at a comfortable pace. We never felt rushed & had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurpriseGandGDined on 8/4/2014A last minute decision to go out for dinner brought us to Ruth's Chris, via Opentable. We're not steak eaters but were pleasantly surprised by their seafood items, which were nicely prepared and not overcooked. Good wine by the glass selections. Service was a little precious - servers could tone it down a little. Otherwise no complaints.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiters were awesome!!donahue1980Dined on 7/12/2014The wait staff was great. The good of course was amazing. The ambiance was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodIluvsteakDined on 7/4/2014The meal was outstanding . The interior of restaurant was a little stuffy.my guests. & I enjoyed ourselvesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FaithDined on 6/27/2014the food and service were fantastic however extremely expensive. One of the guests had the stuffed chicken, steak and lobster and two of the rib eyes--everything including the service was good. It is too expensive for a weekly night out but for special occasions I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- The following 169 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fresno reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014We were celebrating two wedding anniversaries and the evening was perfectSpecial Features:
- Service and SteakJMCSECDined on 6/6/2014At first, our waiter was attentive. Thereafter, he fell apart. He was very nice, but it appeared over tabled. It looked like he was covering 5 tables when we arrived. He took a bit long to take our order. We ordered the same salads and dressing, but gave us the incorrect dressing. He forgot my wife had ordered creamed spinach rather than green beans. As for food, we ordered the crab cakes as an appetizer. These were fine and tasted fresh. The steak is another story. It was way over buttered. In fact, it was like butter soup with steak. If your calorie counting, tell the waiter to hold the butter or have them lighten the load. Everything else was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating a special birthdayspecialistDined on 5/29/2014We were celebrating a special birthday and that is exactly what we felt! Special!!! The service was great. Definitely made us feel like we were the only ones there! Food was outstanding!!! We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday EveningDougDined on 5/12/2014This particular visit was on a Monday evening. We thought service would be good being it was not a weekend or some special occasion. We were wrong. The restaurant did not have enough help. Our party of 5 took over 2 1/2 hours. Our sever was good he was just over extended. For a $500 tab I expect more. Probably will be awhile before I return back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Special Occasion PlayBeagle47VIPDined on 5/11/2014This is an excellent Fresno choice for a special occasion or moderate up-scale bar experience though it is a chain. I am always impressed by the service here. The ambiance is quiet, classy and while a chain seemingly unique perhaps as much for the experience as the decor. The meat dishes are best as one might expect; the Mrs. and I have never been disappointed with a Filet and/or mashed potatoes. Steamed vegetables are a safe bet as is a red wine off the half-bottle list or an Old Fashioned, neat and dry.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationPoorDined on 5/8/2014My husband and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary at Ruth's Chris. We expected the same superior experienced as our last year anniversary. Sad to say it was less than mediocre. The food as always was amazing! However our service was extremely slow. I believe that we were somehow lost in the shuffle. We waited approximately 20-25 minutes between each course. It was to the point of feeling awkward. We were there for almost 2 1/2 hrs. Our server attempted to redeem herself at the end by being extra friendly, however to no avail. The damage had already been done. We will definitely go back because of the food. I hope they get it together by then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timehufnc002Dined on 5/1/2014Service was great, food was delicious, management was on point, hostess was professional ans courteous. I saw a lot of team work. Overall it was a fantastic first experience at Ruth Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our special occasionMarcDined on 4/26/2014Our dinner was, as usual for Ruth Chris's, excellent....but for the first time we felt that our server was out of synch with our dinner. No glasses for our champagne & then 2 different glasses & no ice bucket until asked......a few other things along the way... But overall another great Ruth Chris experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerJsp1792Dined on 4/22/2014My husband took me here for my 60th BD dinner. It was perfect ! It's not our first time here. We find Ruth's Chris consistently delicious and the service is excellent. I especially l like the variety of choices I get for gluten free options. Wonderful menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 4/20/2014Good greasy buttery steak. Indigestion special Side loaded with grease. But what do you expect from a steakhouse. Steak a bit tough too much butter but very hot. Excellent service
- Fine DiningdiningDined on 4/20/2014We actually were able to dine instead of just eat and without a TV blaring in our face!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our birthday dinner at Ruth Chris'sMarcDined on 2/22/2014We had a great experience there for a birthday dinner. We've been there several times before, but this time was one of the best visits. I believe our waiter did an outstanding job and would ask for him again....trouble is, I've forgotten his name! If he gets a chance to know about this review, tell him he made it a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightDinneroutDined on 2/22/2014Had dinner with my husband on Saturday night. The food was fantastic and our waiter "Andrew" was excellent. We had a great time and are looking forward to going again. Definitely worth the cost!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!BusinessDinnerGuyDined on 2/20/2014Better experience this time than last. The food was great, and the service was good, and we were seated in a much better location for conversation. I would definitely recommend over the competition (Flemings in particular).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feb 15 is Valentine's Day!!!!Vex8us1Dined on 2/15/2014My husband and I have 4 children so needless to say, our "Date Nights" are few and far between. He surprised me for the day after Valentine's with the Cirque de la Symphonie as entertainment. But prior to attending that affair, he took me to Ruth Chris. We are both enjoy a great "Cab" and boy did they have a selection!!! We both ordered the calamari as an appetizer, umm...yummy, and it came to our table quick!!! I thought it was for some other patron. And then we moved on to our steaks. Succulent and full of flavor. No sauce is needed. Then I ordered their sweet potato casserole. Let me tell ya, you owe it to yourself to try it at least once in your lifetime. My husband's lucky that I didn't stick a fork in his hand!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad horrible experinceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014My time at Ruth Chris's was terrible and ruined my valentines day.. I highly doubt I'll ever return to this location..Special Features:
- A wonderful experienceTmamaDined on 2/14/2014This is not the sort of place that you go on a date and the guy spends the entire time watching the game over your shoulder. Everything is prepared simply & deliciously. No 25-spice blends or 12-ingredient dishes, here; just really well prepared food that tastes exactly as it should. The ambiance is pretty good, but the bar was a little noisy, which can be heard from everywhere else in the restaurant. Overall, It was a wonderful meal and is the best date restaurant in Fresno, in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great steaks!Looking4localDined on 2/8/2014A perfect place for a special date night or night out with friends. The food is always good, staff makes the experience a pleasure. The quiet atmosphere is great for enjoying conversation as you dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 5 year anniversary experienceTomsombatDined on 1/22/2014my wife and I had the most wonderful evening enjoying the best service we've ever experience. we felt like kings and queens. we will definitely be back for more. thank you for such a warm welcoming first time dining. God BlessSpecial Features:
- Best Steak & Lamb!!!Aly1Dined on 12/26/2013Everything from the service to the meal was amazing. Try the spicy crispy lobster appetizer. Best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013All the food was very good, the sea bass absolutely melted in my mouth and was well seasoned. We will certainly spend another special occasion at Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- A Great Christmas DinnerLuckyOneDined on 12/25/2013There aren't many restaurants open on Christmas Day in Fresno, and we were tired of going to the old standby, so we decided to make it a really special occasion and go to Ruth's Chris. It was just what we needed. The food is pricey but fabulous and the ambience is elegant. The greeters and servers were cheerful, helpful, and attentive without being intrusive. The petite filet and the sea bass were fresh and flavorful and cooked perfectly. It was a treat that we hope to experience again next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak and side dishes.FoodieVIPDined on 12/24/2013Excellent steak and side dishes. Were will return.
- FantasticFoodLuvrDined on 12/23/2013Entire experience was wonderful. Quickly seated, attentive wait staff, great wine selection, and most of all....food was amazing. Best Chilean Sea Bass to date. Quality and flavor you expect at these prices.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerronniesmotherDined on 12/18/2013I took my son to your restaurant for his 25th birthday. He is a trained chef with a degree in food preparation and restaurant management. I asked him his opinion (and he is very critical) he said he would give your restaurant a 4 rating. The person who was helping the waitress was good but hovered a little to much. The acoustics were not admirable. Not sure if it was the noise coming from the bar, but I could not hear my son very well when he was speaking to me. If both those expectations would have been met, he would have rated it 5 stars. He never gives anyone a rating above 3 except for you and Hunan's. As the food is wonderful in both restaurants.Special Features:
- BirthdaybaldnavychiefDined on 12/12/2013I initiated the reservation through open table. I called the afternoon of the reservation. After informing the caller I would be on time, I also mentioned it was my birthday. Upon arrival, I was greeted with a Happy Birthday from the hostess. After being seated, we saw that there were birthday sprinkles on the table cloth. Each worker who assisted at the table made sure they said happy birthday. It was nice since they knew it was me. Service was OUTSTANDING!!! The waiter was there when he should have been and was not when he was not needed. This was a pleasurable experience, I will return!Special Features:
- " Steak " Your Claim on Ruth ChrisJadeDined on 11/28/2013This was my first time ever at this restaurant and I plan on going again! The ambiance is very nice, dark wood and artwork. The real magic Of this place is the service and the food. You will never want for anything The waiters and servers are top notch. The food is DELICIOUS !! It is expensive but well worth it. There were several families there With children but I wouldn't take anyone younger than a teenagerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of ShowRoadTravelerDined on 11/21/2013Easily the best restaurant in Fresno. Ruth's Chris is dependable anywhere for a business dinner, but the one in Fresno has a very knowledgeable and friendly staff. Good location in the north part of town. Highly recommend!
- So-soGregDined on 11/16/2013I guess I expected something fantastic, but I've had better steaks in small-town diners and better seafood in Pismo and Monterey. The service was excellent, but the meal itself was pretty common fare. I won't be back unless someone else pays for it.Special Features:
- What you would expectGuchmysterDined on 11/15/2013First of all we always love dining at Ruth's Chris and the food and service is always top notch. Stuffing ourselves is never the goal but somehow we never make it to dessert... I personally have a ribeye or filet in mind but the specials are always so darn tempting if not (deliciously) tempting. You can't go wrong if you've got a special occasion (the staff will go out of their way for you) or like us you just want to get out of the house. Actually, the best time to go is if someone else has something to celebrate (b/c I always want a chance to dine here again!). Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Quality GrubDanoDined on 11/9/2013We have never been let down by Ruth's Kris. Service is excellent, food is mouth watering. My son is a picky eater but he loves the steak here. I had the Sea Bass and it was mouth watering. No one came away from the table dissatisfied. We all were full and smiling on the way home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Goes All OutSamsVIPDined on 10/24/2013Ruth's Chris is always a worthy stop on your dining agenda. Excellent food, service and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealFresnofisherdocDined on 10/2/2013Great salmon and shrimp, seasoned with hot peppers for my wife. I had the ribeye, cooked exactly as I had ordered. Baked potato, broccoli and spinach were good enough to make a meal. But I wasn't going to pass up a chance at a great steak. I wasn't disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.