Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Lauderdale
2525 N. Federal Highway
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33305Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3824/Ft-Lauderdale
- Phone: 9545652338
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eddie Joseph
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Your local Private Dining Manager in Ft. Lauderdale, FL will be glad to review your needs, work with you to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Fallon Amkruat 8776265195
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Lauderdale
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Ft. Lauderdale, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)romantic (25)notable wine list (21)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Wonderful birthday dinner!LilyinWestonDined on 8/24/2014You know that dinner out where things goes wrong, but you laugh so hard and have an absolutely fabulous time? That was my 50th birthday dinner party with my family, and the tremendous staff at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Ft. Lauderdale - our server Stefani, manager Fallon, and staff member Vlad (from Serbia!) all made it a funny and special night that I will never forget. The staff took excellent care of us - corrected the mistakes, gave complimentary desserts, and even took a picture of us all and printed a copy for each person to take home. The true test of a restaurant is not when everything goes well, but how they react when things go wrong - which we are all human, it happens - this team was just first class and super friendly!Special Features:
- terrific serviceJimLeeDined on 8/16/2014We went to celebrate both my and my brother's birthday. Service was great. Attentive but not overbearing. Food quality was also very good. My only complaint is that I ordered my steak Pittsburgh medium rare and is was overdone. It was done over medium. I co u kid gave chosen to send it back, but I chose not to. I would surely go back. From the valet to our servers, everyone went out ofc t heir way to make our party feel welcomed and appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixxed- food great-service poorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014I was expecting an adult dining experience. However, we were surrounded by young families with active children. Half the guests were dressed in cargo shorts and t-shirts. The service was average and for the price of the food I expect excellent service and some attention to seating guests so that families with loud children are in one room and adults looking for quiet conversation are located in another. The experience should be exceptional when dinner and drinks is over $100 per person. This was only pleasant because of the company at our table. I doubt I'll be back unless it's at the bar for happy hour.
- Wonderful againFLFoodFanDined on 8/12/2014Took my Aunt for her Birthday, and the staff went all out for her with decor and card for the table and staff stopping to congratulate her. The food was excellent, as usual, and Barbara, our server, was excellent! I will request to sit in Barbara section when I return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a classy placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014So much for Business Casual. It looked like I was at an open air restaurant at the beach. Most people were in shorts and T-shirts. To top it off, there was a crying kid that was so loud you couldn't hear yourself think. You won't see me again. :(
- Excellent as usualEleanorDined on 8/10/2014We celebrated our 28th anniversary here and had a lovely dinner. Everything we ordered was outstanding. From Lobster bisque, and chopped salad to scallops and surf & turf it was a memorable meal. Capped off with cappuccino .Special Features:
- Bad day or new trendRicksterlhpDined on 8/9/2014Out of the 100 or so times we have frequented this establishment, they really dropped the ball this time. My wife order of the menu the Sea Bass and after getting our appetizers and a long pause (we had now been there an hour) they came out and said they did not have anymore Sea Bass! Weird that there were only 3 tables occupied when we got there at 6 pm- so they were sold out already on a menu item! So my wife order the chicken which she usually loves and it was dry and over cooked. All the rest of the meals at our table we fantastic- when we finally got them. They tried to make amends with free desserts, but they were not that great. What happened to our favorite special occasion restaurant? I hope this is not a trend....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Delicious!ScottySaxDined on 8/7/2014Fabulous steaks, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed dinner for fourbenzygirlDined on 8/1/2014Went with another couples and asked for a round table in the corner which they reserved for us. Food was excellent and wines too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2014Time for the restaurant to get an interior facelift. They did outside few years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/26/2014As usual, dinner at Ruth's Chris was excellent. There are only so many ways to say that for a top tier steakhouse that they do it better than everyone else...and consistently. Service, quality, atmosphere and even the value has made them impossible to beat. The only complaint I have is they removed the gumbo from the menu quite a while ago which was always one of the best things on the menu. Best gumbo I ever had and hoping this will start a groundswell of support to bring it back ;) A+ otherwise!Special Features:
- LaurenVIPDined on 7/18/2014Always a very nice experience! The food is consistently great and love the summer menu.Special Features:
- Service was Off, Food was ExcellentDebQRealtorVIPDined on 7/15/2014The food was on point, however, the service was not as good as in times before. We visit this location a few times per year and on this particular evening, the server, was quite stand-offish and rushed through taking our order. The usual introduction of evening features and desserts were skipped. It was a weekday and the restaurant was not busy so we aren't sure why the rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific mealKoko2939Dined on 7/13/2014Have been going to these restaurants for several years at various places in USA ! The steaks are marvelous and you always get terrific service!!!Special Features:
- Something SpecialshesafoodieDined on 7/12/2014When looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate the birthdays of my husband and his best friend, Ruth's Chris came highly recommended, and oh my they did not disappoint. When we arrived, the valets were professional and friendly. Greeting us with pleasant smiles. Upon entering the restaurant we were greeted again, with a "Hello, welcome to Ruth's Chris" by the Hostess who checked in our reservation. We were a party of 4. The wait was at worse 5 minutes and we were escorted to our table, which was delicately decorated with confetti and birthday cards ( very pleasant, and quite a surprise). I had the veal, which was spectacular, my husband had the BBQ Shrimp, his best friend and date had the steak. Phenomenal, everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its all about the Steak!Nick2641Dined on 7/5/2014The steak was to die for!! It was so tender with the aid of butter and when you hear the sizzle as its being carried out, you cannot help to brace yourself and dig in. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as othersPeebie29VIPDined on 7/4/2014After having eaten at this chain up north, we disappointed in the seating, atmosphere. Staff overly friendly, trying to be helpful but could tone it down a little. Food predictably good, but Too much pepper in the fries.
- DavidVIPDined on 6/29/2014Was not what it is cracked up to be. Steaks were a bit over-done. Service was very slow. 20 min. for salad. Our waiter would stop an another table with an armfull of stuff for our table! We expected more from this restaurant.
- kashyDined on 6/28/2014Server was very abrupt. Food served an small plates that does not leave room to cut. Overall very disappointed. Will not return
- OutstandingIvanDined on 6/24/2014The waitress was excellent and very supportive of our needs all through dinner; and the management came over several times to make sure we were satisfied with our meal. Our table was beautifully decorated with rose parts, etc. because we were celebrating our Anniversary. I believe the dinner is their forte; but lunch on Sunday and bar service for special offerings is also available. The rib eye steak was as good as anywhere and the sweet potatoes are the "best". I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous time!RudyDined on 6/14/2014Great food and wonderful service!! Celebrated with my husband Father's Day, our waiter was wonderful always checking on us making sure we had everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatBethVIPDined on 6/14/2014Had not been in a couple years but went for a Fathers Day dinner and it was great.Special Features:
- What a wonderful placeJazzybVIPDined on 6/13/2014The food and service here just gets better and batter every time we eat here! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ruths chrisStacksDined on 5/31/2014Great place, my fav steakhouse. My boygriend brigs me here for my birthday! I love the filet and escargot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentStacyRDined on 5/24/2014This is the best steak in the area. Forget the trendy Prime 112 or even Morton's. If you are a meat lover are looking for the best tasting cut of beef, this is the place to eat. They have a great wine list, and the appetizer and side items are plentiful from which to choose. From the sizzling hot plate to the melted butter on top, you cannot beat Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special servicetravelladyDined on 5/24/2014The restaurant went out of their way to make my Dad's 97th birthday special - calling in advance to find out his name, welcoming him by name at the door, confetti and card on the table, candles on dessert, etc. All was delicious and the service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for Anniversary'sShelbyGTdiningDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I just celebrated our 3 year anniversary at Ruth's Chris Steak House and the experience was Excellent!! The atmosphere was superb and it was not over crowed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time. That why we come back.WITHOUTADOUBTDined on 5/17/2014We were greeted when we valet park, as well inside at the reception area. Our reserved table was ready, decorated with Birthday greetings with a card from the restaurant. The server was on top of his game with suggestions and gave us time to savor our drinks before placing our orders. Nice touch having one of the server splitting our salad in front of us, then serving us. The petite filet and shrimps were delicious, and just the right temperature. As treat for my Birthday, the desert was on them! Overall, great time, that why we come back!Special Features:
- excellent SteakFitzDined on 5/17/2014Perfect dinner,excellent food, quality service .A restaurant you would want to come back to. FitzSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy by the bar!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014I guess I should have sat in the dining room because it was very noisy at the bar. Overall ok experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing EveningBaumieDined on 5/14/2014I have been to Ruth's Chris Fort Lauderdale location many times, and was quite disappointed this time. Our server was excellent; however, the food was not up to the usual standard and the restaurant ambiance was missing. I requested the main dining room and was told upon arrival that it was being used for a private party. I also requested a booth, but was seated at a regular table. Since this was a birthday celebration the table was already decorated, so I did not ask to be moved. The reservation and room selection had been confirmed the day before. The second dining room was about 2/3 empty and thus did not create an energetic atmosphere.
- bellaDined on 5/10/2014We have dined here many times & unfortunately our service this time was not up to par. The foo was excellentSpecial Features:
- Excellent Service and great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2014The service was excellent. The waiter was nice and complimentary of our support. The food was great and the ambiance could have been better. The tables are somewhat too close to each other. The place was nice and somewhat packed.Special Features:
- Everything but the actual steak..SeasonedinerVIPDined on 5/9/2014Everything we had here, wine from the extensive wine list, salad, starters, sides, dessert, was amazing except the actual steak! This is a steakhouse as I recall and for the actual meat to be ehhh...and chewy nonetheless is a shame. Had the steak been edible we would gladly return as the sweet potato casserole is the bomb! Yes I said it, da bomb! As is the banana cream pie and a few shared starters...but seeing as the meat is no good this was our first and final visit to Ruth Chris's as there are far better steak options in the area.Special Features:
- TheresaVIPDined on 5/4/2014Ordered a petite filet mignon - fatty and over cooked. Nothing like Roosevelt field - on the flip side service was great and they took it off the bill - Wine list - just ok
- The following 445 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Lauderdale reviews archive.
- Perfect Choicehappymomma1Dined on 5/4/2014Was a perfect choice for a birthday celebration......you can never go wrong with Ruth's Chris!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...DisappointingVIPDined on 5/3/2014This place is tired. It really needs an upgrade in decor. An update/increase in appetizer offerings would also be welcome. However, steaks were excellent.
- Always outstanding.PudgeDined on 4/26/2014I am fiercely loyal to local restaurants. I eat at exactly 2 "chains." Ruth's Chris is one. Best steakhouse in Fort Lauderdale, bar none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9999VIPDined on 4/26/2014JOSH, OUR SERVER WAS EXCELLENT. THE STEAK AND SALADS WERE PERFECTLY DONE.
- Terrific service, food fair!DonaldVIPDined on 4/22/2014Waiter Phillip was very professional and provided good service. We have dined often at Ruth's Chris in other cities. Lobster tails acopanying my filet arrived several minutes after steak was served and they were cold. The medium rare ribeye that my wife ordered was cooked beyond medium. No offer made to replace steak which went unfinished. Disappointing!I would recommend this to a friend.