Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Lauderdale
2525 N. Federal Highway
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33305Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3824/Ft-Lauderdale
- Phone: (954) 565-2338
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eddie Joseph
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Your local Private Dining Manager in Ft. Lauderdale, FL will be glad to review your needs, work with you to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Fallon Amkruat 8776265195
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Lauderdale
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Ft. Lauderdale, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (27)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Delicious MealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2014My wife and I love high-end steak places, and this is the best in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close enough to perfectPudgeDined on 11/20/2014Ruth's Chris-- both this location in Fort Lauderdale and my second favorite, in Boston-- NEVER drops the ball. Unbelievable service and attention. Perfectly prepared food. The table and the location I requested for my companion's 30th birthday dinner. But for a loud 4-top of foreign tourists beside us-- something the staff certainly could not have foreseen-- it was a perfect example of why this place is my absolute favorite "mini-chain." Because it feels so local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner at Ruth's Chris...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/8/2014While we have been to Ruth's Chris for dinner many times at many locations around the country and islands close by, the Fort Lauderdale location is our go to spot for a great meal when we want to go out for great food. While food and service is usually top notch, this occasion for a birthday dinner was even better than normal. Excellent, flawless and perfect do not describe the food and the level of service we received. And even with a new waiter (for us as we have experienced most there) , Miguel was a foodie rockstar! Entertaining, informative, timely, funny and most of all courteous and respectful. I can't speak enough to how we enjoyed our dinner this past weekend and look forward to dining there again as soon as possible. A++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatBrianGVIPDined on 11/3/2014Dinner was great, appetizers were great, service was great, wine was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeluvgoodfoodDined on 11/1/2014Food, service and atmosphere are always consistantly outstanding. Staff is always friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TL4everDined on 10/29/2014We did not get the steaks cooked to the right temp . We were offered a change but we were hungry and it would have taken too long. A complementary d Glass of wine and coffee were given. We have eaten there many times before and this was only the second time this has happened.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey steakhouseSteakDined on 10/24/2014My friend and I loved the place. However, we came for the $35 Fort Lauderdale dine-out menu and were surprised that they did not offer it anymore, although we came during the time frame. Our $35 dinner turned into a $55 dinner (plus expensive wine). The food was very good, and the atmosphere and service were fantastic. A bit overpriced, but you do pay for the high quality overall.Special Features:
- AnniversaryKikiDined on 10/20/2014Service was great! We were on our 1 month wedding anniversary and everyone was so kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Steak House now lessDahliaDooDined on 10/18/2014No matter where we visit Ruth's steak is always in first order of things to do. This visit was disappointing, as have been our last few. The rib eye steaks, while cooked perfectly and very flavorful, were very gristly and fatty beyond normal rib eye fatty. This seems to be the new norm rather than an exception lately. Further, all of our sides were warm, not hot. By the time anyone came back to check on us, we were done with dinner. The room was crowded, very busy, seemingly too few wait staff . The service we did get, while pleasant was spotty to non-existant at some points. We, a party of six celebrating a birthday, waited 25 minutes after having our dinner plates cleared to even be approached about coffee/dessert.
- good steak!janeegDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I had yummy filets and delicious wine. What else can you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Steak House" ?mtrgooseDined on 10/14/2014Birthday for my wife; they do make a production of it and it was appreciated. The waiter, Miguel, was most accommodating, personable and friendly. Lobster bisque and corn chowder, excellent. We both ordered the petite filet and shrimp - medium - and the chipotle potatoes. Wife's filet was cooked correctly, mine was about half medium and half well; neither of them were juicy or even tasty, the shrimp were really good. The potatoes - more like potato-flavored chipolte, really overpowering - neither of us ate them. Deserts were divine - bread pudding and cheesecake. The attire of some patrons - low class. I was last in this restaurant about 20 years ago, it wasn't a memorable experience then nor was it this time, maybe I'll try in 2034Special Features:
- Birthday SpecialWITHOUTADOUBTVIPDined on 10/14/2014Although we had been celebrating my lady Birthday all weekend, we had not decided on where to go for dinner on the day of her Birthday. Then the last moment (4 pm) on that Tuesday afternoon we decided on our favorite occasion spot Ruth Chris for that evening. We both had glasses of wine, she had the corn chowder soup, and I had the Caesar salad, both tasty. For the main course we had the petite filet done to our temperature both with extra sizzle. Yummy!! The desert for the Birthday Lady was on the house which we shared of course. I know it was Tuesday night but still for short notice Ruth Chris did an outstanding job in providing excellent service, a delicious dinner and a Happy Birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS THE BESTJEFFERSONDined on 10/14/2014Super-sensational dinner.... perfect for a birthday celebration. Besides the great dinner Caroline adds a nice touch..... she decorates the table, sends over a complimentary dessert, and has someone take a birthday photo. We are regulars there for good reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Wait staff was very attentive and exceptionally professional. Food very good.Special Features:
- In a word, disappointingPerlyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Let me start by saying that if you're not accustomed to high-end steakhouses, this place may well blow your mind. Trouble is, my fiancée and I ARE accustomed to high-end steakhouses, and we've been to other Ruth's Chris locations, and our excitement at finding one in Fort Lauderdale, a short drive from our hotel, was soon turned into incredulity and a guilty feeling of extreme dissatisfaction. Simply put, the steak was not juicy or flavorful, and came out overcooked in all three of the kitchen's attempts at serving it rare. This location failed to live up to what we expected to find at Ruth's Chris. Dessert, great. Wine, excellent. Steak, certainly better than most, but very far from the best.
- Amazing Steaks!JohanaVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great place, great service, with awesome food, The steaks were the best we have had, cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014From the gentle reminder phone call in the morning to the greeting upon our arrival to the signing of the check at the end of the evening, Ruth's Chris host/hostess/maître d and wait staff made it a GREAT NIGHT. The food is without questions delicious, but the service elevated the entire evening.Special Features:
- TerrificlovedessertsDined on 9/13/2014We always look forward to having our special occasion dinners at Ruth's. The calamari and lobster bisque never fail to get the taste buds going. The steak, lobster, and crab entrees are always wonderful (this time though the steak was more done than than medium-well). The Creme Brûlée and Bread Pudding always leave us satisfied and ready to return. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionRSFtLaudyDined on 9/13/2014My family celebrated my fathers 60th birthday at Ruth's Chris (Ft Lauderdale). I made the reservation through OpenTable and noted the occasion. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised to see the restaurant had decorated the table and provided a birthday card along with a special dessert. They went above and beyond to make it a wonderful experience and I would definitely go back for other occasions in the future. It is on the high end of the price scale but we were happy to splurge for the celebration and the food was worth every penny, truly delectable!Special Features:
- Always outstandingLaudbytheseaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Impeccable service, outstanding food. Always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a FavoriteSueRVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have dined at Ruth's Chris Steak House on many occasions. We are always happy with the service, food and ambiance. However, we were quite disappointed on this last visit. They have changed the bread selection. The bread was always quite delicious. We were very disappointed with the current choice of bread. It was not up to the usual standard. Please bring back the old one.Special Features:
- Superb lamb chops!JuanVIPDined on 8/31/2014Lamb chops were superb!, bread puddding was good too but a bit of ice cream would have taken it over the top. Server was super, friendly and informed. He was very attentive to my kids tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinner!LilyinWestonDined on 8/24/2014You know that dinner out where things goes wrong, but you laugh so hard and have an absolutely fabulous time? That was my 50th birthday dinner party with my family, and the tremendous staff at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Ft. Lauderdale - our server Stefani, manager Fallon, and staff member Vlad (from Serbia!) all made it a funny and special night that I will never forget. The staff took excellent care of us - corrected the mistakes, gave complimentary desserts, and even took a picture of us all and printed a copy for each person to take home. The true test of a restaurant is not when everything goes well, but how they react when things go wrong - which we are all human, it happens - this team was just first class and super friendly!Special Features:
- terrific serviceJimLeeDined on 8/16/2014We went to celebrate both my and my brother's birthday. Service was great. Attentive but not overbearing. Food quality was also very good. My only complaint is that I ordered my steak Pittsburgh medium rare and is was overdone. It was done over medium. I co u kid gave chosen to send it back, but I chose not to. I would surely go back. From the valet to our servers, everyone went out ofc t heir way to make our party feel welcomed and appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixxed- food great-service poorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014I was expecting an adult dining experience. However, we were surrounded by young families with active children. Half the guests were dressed in cargo shorts and t-shirts. The service was average and for the price of the food I expect excellent service and some attention to seating guests so that families with loud children are in one room and adults looking for quiet conversation are located in another. The experience should be exceptional when dinner and drinks is over $100 per person. This was only pleasant because of the company at our table. I doubt I'll be back unless it's at the bar for happy hour.
- Wonderful againFLFoodFanDined on 8/12/2014Took my Aunt for her Birthday, and the staff went all out for her with decor and card for the table and staff stopping to congratulate her. The food was excellent, as usual, and Barbara, our server, was excellent! I will request to sit in Barbara section when I return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a classy placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/12/2014So much for Business Casual. It looked like I was at an open air restaurant at the beach. Most people were in shorts and T-shirts. To top it off, there was a crying kid that was so loud you couldn't hear yourself think. You won't see me again. :(
- Excellent as usualEleanorDined on 8/10/2014We celebrated our 28th anniversary here and had a lovely dinner. Everything we ordered was outstanding. From Lobster bisque, and chopped salad to scallops and surf & turf it was a memorable meal. Capped off with cappuccino .Special Features:
- Bad day or new trendRicksterlhpDined on 8/9/2014Out of the 100 or so times we have frequented this establishment, they really dropped the ball this time. My wife order of the menu the Sea Bass and after getting our appetizers and a long pause (we had now been there an hour) they came out and said they did not have anymore Sea Bass! Weird that there were only 3 tables occupied when we got there at 6 pm- so they were sold out already on a menu item! So my wife order the chicken which she usually loves and it was dry and over cooked. All the rest of the meals at our table we fantastic- when we finally got them. They tried to make amends with free desserts, but they were not that great. What happened to our favorite special occasion restaurant? I hope this is not a trend....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Delicious!ScottySaxDined on 8/7/2014Fabulous steaks, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed dinner for fourbenzygirlDined on 8/1/2014Went with another couples and asked for a round table in the corner which they reserved for us. Food was excellent and wines too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2014Time for the restaurant to get an interior facelift. They did outside few years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 470 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Ft. Lauderdale reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/26/2014As usual, dinner at Ruth's Chris was excellent. There are only so many ways to say that for a top tier steakhouse that they do it better than everyone else...and consistently. Service, quality, atmosphere and even the value has made them impossible to beat. The only complaint I have is they removed the gumbo from the menu quite a while ago which was always one of the best things on the menu. Best gumbo I ever had and hoping this will start a groundswell of support to bring it back ;) A+ otherwise!Special Features:
- LaurenVIPDined on 7/18/2014Always a very nice experience! The food is consistently great and love the summer menu.Special Features:
- Service was Off, Food was ExcellentDebQRealtorVIPDined on 7/15/2014The food was on point, however, the service was not as good as in times before. We visit this location a few times per year and on this particular evening, the server, was quite stand-offish and rushed through taking our order. The usual introduction of evening features and desserts were skipped. It was a weekday and the restaurant was not busy so we aren't sure why the rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific mealKoko2939Dined on 7/13/2014Have been going to these restaurants for several years at various places in USA ! The steaks are marvelous and you always get terrific service!!!Special Features:
- Something SpecialshesafoodieDined on 7/12/2014When looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate the birthdays of my husband and his best friend, Ruth's Chris came highly recommended, and oh my they did not disappoint. When we arrived, the valets were professional and friendly. Greeting us with pleasant smiles. Upon entering the restaurant we were greeted again, with a "Hello, welcome to Ruth's Chris" by the Hostess who checked in our reservation. We were a party of 4. The wait was at worse 5 minutes and we were escorted to our table, which was delicately decorated with confetti and birthday cards ( very pleasant, and quite a surprise). I had the veal, which was spectacular, my husband had the BBQ Shrimp, his best friend and date had the steak. Phenomenal, everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its all about the Steak!Nick2641Dined on 7/5/2014The steak was to die for!! It was so tender with the aid of butter and when you hear the sizzle as its being carried out, you cannot help to brace yourself and dig in. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as othersPeebie29VIPDined on 7/4/2014After having eaten at this chain up north, we disappointed in the seating, atmosphere. Staff overly friendly, trying to be helpful but could tone it down a little. Food predictably good, but Too much pepper in the fries.
- DavidVIPDined on 6/29/2014Was not what it is cracked up to be. Steaks were a bit over-done. Service was very slow. 20 min. for salad. Our waiter would stop an another table with an armfull of stuff for our table! We expected more from this restaurant.