Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax
4100 Monument Corner Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3503/Fairfax
- Phone: (703) 266-1004
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Evins
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Fairfax, VA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Fairfax offers 3 private rooms: the Patriot Room - accommodating up to 24 guests, the Monument Room - accommodating up to 40 guests & the Potomac Room - accommodating up to 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ellen Fatigati 8883658576
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Fairfax, VA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax - Best Restaurants in Fairfax ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)romantic (50)notable wine list (45)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (36)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (14)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Great experienceBDayBoyDined on 11/16/2014Excellent welcome, waiter was top notch and the food was very goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- FreeFoxDined on 11/15/2014Always top quality food and service. Treated us speca=ial for our 41st anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was once a great restaurantInspector7Dined on 11/15/2014Ruth's Chris Fairfax used to be good when it first opened. Great waiters, great food. Alas, nevermore. The last few times we dined there the service wasn't as expected for a fine dining experience and the steaks weren't cooked quite right. This time is my last for a long while: --manager never came around to check on things. Just a hostess counting tables. --what kind of New Orlean's restaurant doesn't have french press coffee? They took it off the menu. Sigh. They don't even have sweetened ice tea. --several steaks were not cooked as ordered or were cooked variably throughout --waiter didn't recite the specials menu --waiter didn't ask if we wanted coffee after meal --waiter messed up desert order for two guests and still charged the wrong price for one desert after told --waiter left water glasses unfilled multiple times --waiter didn't refill soft drinks unless prompted --waiter needs training --Masood was a great waiter from another table --dining room temperature was comfortable until about halfway through meal then the heat came on, must have gone up to 80, no exaggeration. Had to ask to get the temperature lowered to be more comfortable. People at other tables were sweating. --restaurant was packed when we arrived but then pretty much cleared out around 9pm--used to be packed a lot longer. Good things: Sweet potato casserole, deserts, decor, Masood, Better luck next time.
- Ruths Chris is the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014We love Ruths Chris Fairfax. Awesone people and service especially Domingo and Cameron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was special2eatoutDined on 11/5/2014Everything about our visit was special. The service was great, the food was exceptional -- the best sea bass I have had and a great steak. Everyone was friendly and helpful. It was my husband's birthday and they made that special with a special dessert. Even the women who took us to our table said happy birthday. No embarrassing singing. Everything was class. We will go to this restaurant again and again. The classic 3-course dinner was exceptional and a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Never DisappointsMaryVDined on 11/1/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday and the staff at Ruth's Chris did everything imaginable to make it a special occasion, from personally greeting him with birthday wishes upon arrival, to the recognition of the occasion by each member of the staff who waited on us, to the lovely dessert inscribed with his name and birthday wishes. Our waiter, Masood, was absolutely wonderful. And as always, the food was excellent. The steaks were the most tender I've ever had and the seafood was really fresh. I would definitely recommend this Ruth's Chris to anyone who wants a good meal, regardless of the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceCTPINTLVIPDined on 10/26/2014As always, this place is a constant. Great Filet's and great service.Special Features:
- Great B'day dinner for daughterTraveldineVIPDined on 10/26/2014Ruth's Chris is always a solid pick for a steakhouse and the one in Fairfax (where I live) is one of the better ones. We went for my 13-year-old daughter's birthday. They decorated the table with confetti, comped our desert and knew her name when we walked in. Love the uppercut can and the rib eye. Service was fantastic as always.Special Features:
- Consistently good as expected.FairfaxCItyDined on 10/25/2014A bit loud and very crowded, but it was SAT night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticrosanna34Dined on 10/23/2014Ruth's Chris Steak House always delivers! Remains one of our favorite restaurants for so many reasons. The steak is prepared to perfection and melts in your mouth. The sides are delicious and remind me of home cooking done with care. Would highly recommend the restaurant for special occasions or just a night out for the very best in steak and customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSerendipidiousDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Ruth's Chris this past weekend. My husband often takes his office managers here for celebratory lunches and has been pleased every time. I had been here several times before also. The steaks are amazing. The chef prepares them to perfection. The salads are always fresh and crisp. We both love the mashed potatoes. Ruth's Chris is a very good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timebh00000Dined on 10/19/2014Had a great time celebrating my mother's bday with my wife and 5 year old daughter. Will come again!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinning experienceDavidVIPDined on 10/18/2014One of the best restaurants I have been to. I dine here at least twice a month. The mixed grill is an outstanding dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the worst experience...Krishv2Dined on 10/17/2014This was our first time at the resturant and we (me, my husband and 2 kids) went with a lot of expectations....the worst part was the server. He went down the list of specials onetime...and if we had a question or asked him to repeat something he was extremely unhappy and was showing a lot of attitude... Both my order and my daughter's was coming with the dessert but he said it didn't and charged us for it...he is the worst server I have ever seen...and because of him I don't want to ever go to this resturant.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerCsc0223Dined on 10/13/2014We celebrated my daughter's birthday here for the second time, and it was a lovely experience. Decorations on the table set a festive tone, and the food and service were just excellent. Anthony was a great server, attentive and helpful but not intrusive. A special dessert was the perfect ending for a memorable occasion. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- They had an off nightDiningOutTonightDined on 10/12/2014We had been to Ruth's Chris a lot and have always had good meals and service there, but this time it was different. The wait staff seemed preoccupied and not as outgoing as they have been in the past. My steak had a lot of fat in it and was not prepared as ordered. It took about ten mins to get a cappuccino and then another 20 mins to get the check after chasing down the waiter. The prices have gone up again too. Compared to our experience at Mortons last week Ruth's Chris let us down this time and did not make our dinner special at all.
- always greatredtruckDined on 10/11/2014Always a great evening out. The food is great and the wait staff better. Our first choice for special times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner with familylovefood2Dined on 10/5/2014We have gone to Ruth's Chris Steak House in Fairfax many times. Family favorite for all occasions and the food is good! Family fav lamb chops, salmon & ribeye steak. Sides are good also and its all served family style. Wine list & cocktails very good also. Service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable ExperienceJanetDined on 10/3/2014We had an out-of-town visitor and wanted to take her to a "special" restaurant. We chose the right place when we chose Ruth's Chris. The food was delicious. I had maybe the best filet I have ever eaten - cooked to perfection and melt-in-your-mouth. The sides are generous and great for sharing, especially the sweet potato casserole which is to die for. We received the most excellent, attentive service from our server, Min. It was a meal our visitor is still talking about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time ExperienceAlexDined on 9/30/2014My wife and I went to Ruth's Chris to celebrate a special work achievement. It was our first time and we were immediately impressed with the attentiveness and quality of service. I mean c'mon, they swapped my napkin from white to black so lint didn't get on my suit pants. We got the Ruth's Classic (one app, one entré, one side and the dessert). I had the corn chowder, ceaser salad, filet and smoky chipotle fingerling potatoes. Everything was top notch and delicious and we will absolutely be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening out ...DBEEVIPDined on 9/28/2014This was the best meal we have had at Ruths in a long time. We both chose off the Classic menu. The scallops were delicious and just to our liking. We tried the side of chipotle potatoes for the first time. Excellent and we highly recommend. The green beans with garlic were very tasty with just the right garlic flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/16/2014Great service..Great Food..Good ambience ..what more does one need !Special Features:
- Good meal but expensiveHarrtonDined on 9/13/2014We found the restaurant to be much larger than what it appeared. Bar area was small. Great wine list. We had the crab stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and they were delicious. We decided to do the classic menus rather than ordering ala carte. The steaks were excellent. We came here on our 25th anniversary. I recommend it for a special occasion and not for everyday dining. The bar menu seemed reasonably priced. I felt the titian cost of our meal was a bit high, this was most affected by the low priced bottle of wine we had($40) and that was the least expensive. Service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a standout in this price rangeBaxterDined on 9/12/2014Had a nice anniversary dinner here. Service and food are above average, but not so exceptional as to command the high prices of the menu items--all in all, not a standout in this price range.
- strange service this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We had two servers. One who waited on us and the other who smiled and stood right behind the one who waited on us. While we didn't need the bread, they said they would be bringing some over but never did. Not sure what happened there...but the salads and petite filets were just what we wanted and it satisfied. We'll be back.
- Wonderful as AlwaysSteakLoverDined on 8/31/2014We went for an early dinner and chose selections off of the seasonal menu. The food was perfect and wine was great. This is our special occasion destination and the professional waitstaff always makes for a memorable experience. We love those hot plates!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Very ExpensiveffrancoisDined on 8/21/2014The food was great and the service was fine. It is a very nice atmosphere but the bar being so close and open to the dining room made it a little louder than it needed to be. The prices are very high despite the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week GemenjoydiningDined on 8/17/2014We dined here for restaurant week and had my 94 years young mother with us as well as our three high school kids. The selection was great and the food was wonderful. All the entrees were cooked to perfection. It' hard to please mom but she really enjoyed her blue crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RW DinnerJackVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went for restaurant week and really enjoyed the filet, chicken breast, and crabcake special along with Caesar salads. Service and attentiveness is always great. Areally nice dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!!!GayleDined on 8/16/2014As usual, we are never disappointed. Megan always ensures we have a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week surpriseSnickersVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our entire party did the Restaurant Week menu and we were all very happy with our choices. everything was cooked perfectly and tasted fantastic.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutDanaDined on 8/16/2014We had a great time! Service & food fabulous. The Fairfax location is by far the best.Special Features:
- #1 Restaurantrenee1021Dined on 8/16/2014Saturday, August 16, 2014 was my first time going to Ruth's Chris Steak House. I have heard about the restaurants for years but never had the opportunity to dine there until restaurant week. The food, service, and ambience was outstanding. I could hear myself talk but couldn't hear everything that was going on around me. I just love that a man in a suit brought my food to me Ladies (single that is) the men are very good looking. I know what does that have to do with the food. I'm actually planning to take my son and to go a few more time before the weather goes south. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that how great everything was.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris - Fairfax, VAfoodman69Dined on 8/16/2014Second trip to this location. First trip, my dad received the wrong main dish so he had to wait while his main dish was sent back. We were there for his birthday, embarrassing. Second trip, every time food arrived, it had to be moved like a merry-go-round and shifted because the food was placed in front of the wrong person. The last straw on trip 2 was a Ruth's Filet I ordered coming in a "To Go" bag when I ordered it to eat at the table. It was even overcooked. The waiter fixed everything but again, why can't it be right on the first try? Too bad too that this location did away with their French press for coffee - it was excellent coffee. More is expected and more should be delivered from a Ruth's though than this location manages.Special Features:
- Very big and crowdedNormDined on 8/14/2014Was here for Restaurant week diner and seated next to the kitchen door which operated like a bee hive in front of me. LOTS of traffic which was distracting and also had to listen to the table next to me that had a non stop talker who loved what he had to share. Steak was perfectly cooked along with the stuffed chicken breast. Garlic potatoes did not have the rich flavor that I expected. Menu items were way out of my budget but the Restaurant week prices were a good value.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary so US!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014It was our anniversary, and we love to have a great meal at Ruth's Chris Steak House for the occasion. They repeated their quality food and service for us again this year. They sprinkled Happy Anniversary sparkles on the table and even brought a special Happy Anniversary surprise and offered to take our picture to commemorate our celebration. Great night!Special Features:
- Excellent food and Good ServiceFoodieAtHeartDined on 8/13/2014The food was great and the atmosphere as always was terrific. The only critique I had is that they were fairly slow to get our drink order to us, which we had to remind them about after 10+ minutes; everything else about the service was beyond reproach (water was kept filled, we were asked if we wanted more bread, they cleared dishes quickly)Special Features:
- Terrific!MCPODined on 8/13/2014Great as usual! Service and food phenomenal! The very best in town!Special Features:
- Exquisite MealFoodieDined on 8/12/2014My friends and I went to Ruth Chris for Restaurant at the Gov't Center in Fair Lakes, Va. We liked all the options to select from off the menu for Restaurant week but the Mixed Grill (crab cake, chicken and 4 oz filet) was fantastic. All of us raved how good everything was and the meat was cooked to perfection. We each chose a different side and the portions were great for sharing. Our serve was friendly, knowledgeable and kind. I would definitely recommend Ruth Chris to all family and friends and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Not so Special EveningDBEEVIPDined on 8/12/2014We have been going to Ruth's for several years now. This was our first disappointing visit. The escargot artichoke appetizer was tasteless. Besides containing only 3 escargot (not worth even close to $13) the temperature of the sauce was almost lukewarm. The service was uneven. Our salads were brought out immediately while we had barely started on the escargot. Then we waited several minutes between the salads and entrees. The desserts came eventually. We dined early (5:00pm) so maybe the service was unevendue to a larger crowd than expected during restaurant week. However, there was no excuse for the escargot appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.