Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax
4100 Monument Corner Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3503/Fairfax
- Phone: 7032661004
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Evins
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Fairfax, VA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Fairfax offers 3 private rooms: the Patriot Room - accommodating up to 24 guests, the Monument Room - accommodating up to 40 guests & the Potomac Room - accommodating up to 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ellen Fatigati 8883658576
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Fairfax, VA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax - Best Restaurants in Fairfax ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)romantic (44)notable wine list (43)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (34)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (17)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014Had a great time celebrating my mother's bday with my wife and 5 year old daughter. Will come again!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinning experienceDavidVIPDined on 10/18/2014One of the best restaurants I have been to. I dine here at least twice a month. The mixed grill is an outstanding dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the worst experience...Krishv2Dined on 10/17/2014This was our first time at the resturant and we (me, my husband and 2 kids) went with a lot of expectations....the worst part was the server. He went down the list of specials onetime...and if we had a question or asked him to repeat something he was extremely unhappy and was showing a lot of attitude... Both my order and my daughter's was coming with the dessert but he said it didn't and charged us for it...he is the worst server I have ever seen...and because of him I don't want to ever go to this resturant.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerCsc0223Dined on 10/13/2014We celebrated my daughter's birthday here for the second time, and it was a lovely experience. Decorations on the table set a festive tone, and the food and service were just excellent. Anthony was a great server, attentive and helpful but not intrusive. A special dessert was the perfect ending for a memorable occasion. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- They had an off nightDiningOutTonightDined on 10/12/2014We had been to Ruth's Chris a lot and have always had good meals and service there, but this time it was different. The wait staff seemed preoccupied and not as outgoing as they have been in the past. My steak had a lot of fat in it and was not prepared as ordered. It took about ten mins to get a cappuccino and then another 20 mins to get the check after chasing down the waiter. The prices have gone up again too. Compared to our experience at Mortons last week Ruth's Chris let us down this time and did not make our dinner special at all.
- always greatredtruckDined on 10/11/2014Always a great evening out. The food is great and the wait staff better. Our first choice for special times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner with familylovefood2Dined on 10/5/2014We have gone to Ruth's Chris Steak House in Fairfax many times. Family favorite for all occasions and the food is good! Family fav lamb chops, salmon & ribeye steak. Sides are good also and its all served family style. Wine list & cocktails very good also. Service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable ExperienceJanetDined on 10/3/2014We had an out-of-town visitor and wanted to take her to a "special" restaurant. We chose the right place when we chose Ruth's Chris. The food was delicious. I had maybe the best filet I have ever eaten - cooked to perfection and melt-in-your-mouth. The sides are generous and great for sharing, especially the sweet potato casserole which is to die for. We received the most excellent, attentive service from our server, Min. It was a meal our visitor is still talking about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time ExperienceAlexDined on 9/30/2014My wife and I went to Ruth's Chris to celebrate a special work achievement. It was our first time and we were immediately impressed with the attentiveness and quality of service. I mean c'mon, they swapped my napkin from white to black so lint didn't get on my suit pants. We got the Ruth's Classic (one app, one entré, one side and the dessert). I had the corn chowder, ceaser salad, filet and smoky chipotle fingerling potatoes. Everything was top notch and delicious and we will absolutely be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening out ...DBEEVIPDined on 9/28/2014This was the best meal we have had at Ruths in a long time. We both chose off the Classic menu. The scallops were delicious and just to our liking. We tried the side of chipotle potatoes for the first time. Excellent and we highly recommend. The green beans with garlic were very tasty with just the right garlic flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/16/2014Great service..Great Food..Good ambience ..what more does one need !Special Features:
- Good meal but expensiveHarrtonDined on 9/13/2014We found the restaurant to be much larger than what it appeared. Bar area was small. Great wine list. We had the crab stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and they were delicious. We decided to do the classic menus rather than ordering ala carte. The steaks were excellent. We came here on our 25th anniversary. I recommend it for a special occasion and not for everyday dining. The bar menu seemed reasonably priced. I felt the titian cost of our meal was a bit high, this was most affected by the low priced bottle of wine we had($40) and that was the least expensive. Service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a standout in this price rangeBaxterDined on 9/12/2014Had a nice anniversary dinner here. Service and food are above average, but not so exceptional as to command the high prices of the menu items--all in all, not a standout in this price range.
- strange service this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We had two servers. One who waited on us and the other who smiled and stood right behind the one who waited on us. While we didn't need the bread, they said they would be bringing some over but never did. Not sure what happened there...but the salads and petite filets were just what we wanted and it satisfied. We'll be back.
- Wonderful as AlwaysSteakLoverDined on 8/31/2014We went for an early dinner and chose selections off of the seasonal menu. The food was perfect and wine was great. This is our special occasion destination and the professional waitstaff always makes for a memorable experience. We love those hot plates!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Very ExpensiveffrancoisDined on 8/21/2014The food was great and the service was fine. It is a very nice atmosphere but the bar being so close and open to the dining room made it a little louder than it needed to be. The prices are very high despite the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week GemenjoydiningDined on 8/17/2014We dined here for restaurant week and had my 94 years young mother with us as well as our three high school kids. The selection was great and the food was wonderful. All the entrees were cooked to perfection. It' hard to please mom but she really enjoyed her blue crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RW DinnerJackVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went for restaurant week and really enjoyed the filet, chicken breast, and crabcake special along with Caesar salads. Service and attentiveness is always great. Areally nice dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!!!GayleDined on 8/16/2014As usual, we are never disappointed. Megan always ensures we have a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week surpriseSnickersVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our entire party did the Restaurant Week menu and we were all very happy with our choices. everything was cooked perfectly and tasted fantastic.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutDanaDined on 8/16/2014We had a great time! Service & food fabulous. The Fairfax location is by far the best.Special Features:
- #1 Restaurantrenee1021Dined on 8/16/2014Saturday, August 16, 2014 was my first time going to Ruth's Chris Steak House. I have heard about the restaurants for years but never had the opportunity to dine there until restaurant week. The food, service, and ambience was outstanding. I could hear myself talk but couldn't hear everything that was going on around me. I just love that a man in a suit brought my food to me Ladies (single that is) the men are very good looking. I know what does that have to do with the food. I'm actually planning to take my son and to go a few more time before the weather goes south. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that how great everything was.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris - Fairfax, VAfoodman69Dined on 8/16/2014Second trip to this location. First trip, my dad received the wrong main dish so he had to wait while his main dish was sent back. We were there for his birthday, embarrassing. Second trip, every time food arrived, it had to be moved like a merry-go-round and shifted because the food was placed in front of the wrong person. The last straw on trip 2 was a Ruth's Filet I ordered coming in a "To Go" bag when I ordered it to eat at the table. It was even overcooked. The waiter fixed everything but again, why can't it be right on the first try? Too bad too that this location did away with their French press for coffee - it was excellent coffee. More is expected and more should be delivered from a Ruth's though than this location manages.Special Features:
- Very big and crowdedNormDined on 8/14/2014Was here for Restaurant week diner and seated next to the kitchen door which operated like a bee hive in front of me. LOTS of traffic which was distracting and also had to listen to the table next to me that had a non stop talker who loved what he had to share. Steak was perfectly cooked along with the stuffed chicken breast. Garlic potatoes did not have the rich flavor that I expected. Menu items were way out of my budget but the Restaurant week prices were a good value.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary so US!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014It was our anniversary, and we love to have a great meal at Ruth's Chris Steak House for the occasion. They repeated their quality food and service for us again this year. They sprinkled Happy Anniversary sparkles on the table and even brought a special Happy Anniversary surprise and offered to take our picture to commemorate our celebration. Great night!Special Features:
- Excellent food and Good ServiceFoodieAtHeartDined on 8/13/2014The food was great and the atmosphere as always was terrific. The only critique I had is that they were fairly slow to get our drink order to us, which we had to remind them about after 10+ minutes; everything else about the service was beyond reproach (water was kept filled, we were asked if we wanted more bread, they cleared dishes quickly)Special Features:
- Terrific!MCPODined on 8/13/2014Great as usual! Service and food phenomenal! The very best in town!Special Features:
- Exquisite MealFoodieDined on 8/12/2014My friends and I went to Ruth Chris for Restaurant at the Gov't Center in Fair Lakes, Va. We liked all the options to select from off the menu for Restaurant week but the Mixed Grill (crab cake, chicken and 4 oz filet) was fantastic. All of us raved how good everything was and the meat was cooked to perfection. We each chose a different side and the portions were great for sharing. Our serve was friendly, knowledgeable and kind. I would definitely recommend Ruth Chris to all family and friends and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Not so Special EveningDBEEVIPDined on 8/12/2014We have been going to Ruth's for several years now. This was our first disappointing visit. The escargot artichoke appetizer was tasteless. Besides containing only 3 escargot (not worth even close to $13) the temperature of the sauce was almost lukewarm. The service was uneven. Our salads were brought out immediately while we had barely started on the escargot. Then we waited several minutes between the salads and entrees. The desserts came eventually. We dined early (5:00pm) so maybe the service was unevendue to a larger crowd than expected during restaurant week. However, there was no excuse for the escargot appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionalwm44Dined on 8/10/2014Fantastic experience! Thanks for making our evening terrific. Food and service were other-worldly. See you soon.Special Features:
- A restaurant for a special occasionUsedToBeaRedHeadDined on 8/10/2014If you go to Ruth's Chris Steak House for a meal you know what you expect, and they don't disappoint. The ambience, the service the food, all first rate. Just bring a deep wallet as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysBrendaDined on 8/9/2014Ruth's Chris is never a disappointment. Excellent service and attention to detail makes it an outstanding dining experience. The special touches they added for my husband's birthday made it a very special evening.Special Features:
- Good start but weak after...t8teVIPDined on 8/2/2014Server was extremely pleasant and attentive when we first arrived, but things went south later, I'm afraid. He seemed to never be around when we needed something, and he did a very poor job at monitoring our drinks - we were constantly asking for water/tea/soda refills, not to mention the several alcoholic drinks we had, one of which, never came after ordering it. Not the usual service for Ruth's Chris.
- Disappointing foodtsb8mDined on 7/30/2014My wife and I visited for our anniversary. RC is not a normal place we visit, so it was a treat to go. The service was very excellent and attentive all night. We ordered the bbq shrimp as an app which was good, but small. My wife ordered the 12oz ribeye and was mostly happy with it. I ordered the 16oz ribeye and was very disappointed. It was extremely fatty and appeared to be an end piece. Her 12oz ribeye was much nicer and we ended up about the same amt. of steak. Found myself wishing I was eating a steak for a 1/3 of the price at Longhorn instead. Sweet potato casserole was very good. Asparagus was limp and tasteless; hollandaise sauce was bland. We received a free dessert for our anniversary; the cheesecake was good, but nothing amazing.
- Just rightChrgerhinoDined on 7/29/2014Just like Goldilocks, when you eat here everything is "just right"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner!SND2Dined on 7/27/2014The service was excellent, the food tasted great and the steak done cooked perfectlySpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014I took a friend to Ruth Chris for her birthday. She had never been there, and she was so impressed with everything that she is planning her next visit.Special Features:
- Good foodandysDined on 7/19/2014Everything was fine except my steak was switched with my wife's. We didn't realize this until we cut into them and started eating the steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special IndeedJanetDined on 7/12/2014We had our small wedding reception 6 years ago in the same private room where we were seated this night which made this night special as well. The "classic" menu is a good option; it gives you good choices at a slightly lower price. I had the Caesar salad with anchovies added-very tasty. The ribeye was done just as I asked, and of course their sides are exceptional. Our waiter was very patient with my special requests and joked with me about them. The one letdown was the dessert that came with the classic. There was no choice, but we were informed we could upgrade for $4. By that time we were all so stuffed, I'm not sure I would have ordered dessert if it hadn't come with the classic. We were celebrating so this was the right place to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteaksIzzadogDined on 7/5/2014As always, the steaks at Ruth's Chris were excellent. Try the tempura onion rings.Special Features: