Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton
10103 100 St Nw
Edmonton, AB T5J 0N8Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: CAN$51 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: (780) 990-0123
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Sunday 4:00 pm - 9:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ron P. Korn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: Converted bank vaults, wine cellars, and a large dining room with a water wall constitute our private dining rooms. These rooms seat anywhere from 8 to 50 very comfortably. A la Carte, set menus are available.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton
Situated in an historic building that once housed a bank, this elegant steak house has fireplaces and large booths in the dining room and lounge. It is an ideal spot for private meetings, a romantic dinner on those special occasions. Private seating for parties of 8 to 50 in unique surroundings with state of the art audio/visual equipment at your disposal. Ruth's Chris Steak House deserved reputation as the finest has come to Edmonton. We hope to see you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)romantic (44)notable wine list (27)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (15)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Great location for business meetings. They layout of the location makes a great spot to have a conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014I wish there were more non-steak options. Also it is a little pricy for what you get.Special Features:
- Amazing Food, Cramped Dining RoomwineNdineDined on 11/22/2014We recently ate at Ruth's Chris for dinner. The food itself was absolutely amazing, however I felt the dining room was quite crammed. We were able to hear the next tables entire dinner conversation. I was more hopeful for a quiet romantic dinner with my husband. If there was more room I believe this would have been achieved. The greet staff and manager was extremely friendly and made sure you were well taken care of, our waiter on the other hand I wasn't overly impressed with, it seemed we were always waiting on him... Overall this is an excellent high class steakhouse & highly recommend it, we will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!katieDined on 11/20/2014We mentioned that it was our son's convocation and the manage came out and congratulated him and gave him a special dessert to celebrate. The server had a great sense of humour and was delightful. She added to our great experience. The wedge salad was a little wilted and the medium steak was more medium rare - but still delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time dinnerCanadianTruckerDined on 11/15/2014after hearing oilers now advertise your restaurant , it was time to come a check out ruth chris so I had ask another couple to join us for dinner, a choice was worth a try, so after eating at places like The Texas Roadhouse and other fine places while I spent the last 10 yrs traveling the USA, and CANADA, I can say I was more surprised by the price than anythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dinners are better at homeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014We recently visited Ruth Chris's for a special, romantic dinner. We were seated in a quiet room downstairs that had the energy and ambience of an upscale funeral home. There were a few other couples and small groups through the evening. The waiter was very pleasant and eager to share his speel since it was our first trip to this restaurant. The service was attentive but that was the only positive aspect in our experience. Most of the salads are made using iceberg lettuce! The cheapest, pale green head that is practically tasteless with no real nutritional value. In this day and age, and the $12 price range, it's disgraceful. We ordered our steaks medium-rare. They are seared at very high temperatures and served on extremely hot plates. They arrived just past medium-rare on a bare plate with nothing else. Very uninspiring presentation. All the vegetables are ordered as sides and meant to be shared so we each added some of the side vegetables to accompany the steaks. It seems perhaps that because the plates are brought at such hot temperatures, it actually continued to over-cook the steak and green beans. The beans were limp and oily, the steaks, now near medium, was salty and extremely disappointing. Unfortunately, the waiter asked us how it was but we hadn't really started eating. The pricing is ridiculous for the quality and content. The desserts were also just average. We were significantly over-billed on the wine, which we missed noticing until we had left. Overall very underwhelming and a poor choice as far as we were concerned. We cook far better dinners at home!Special Features:
- Always consistentEatSumMoreDined on 11/11/2014We have been going to Ruth's Chris for many years and have never had a bad meal. Steak is always cooked to perfection and like the aspect of being able to choose which side to accompany the meal. A little pricey but worth it!!Special Features:
- Amazing Experience!hopelessromanticDined on 11/10/2014Honestly the best place to eat in Edmonton. I usually always go here for those special dinner occasions because the atmosphere is so elegant and the food is to die for . You honestly get your money's worth when you dine here. It is a romantic place for when you want to dine with that special someone but can also be for any other occasion. Everyone should as least go here once in their life.Special Features:
- food was solid. Ambiance was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Service was average at best but the food was very solid and the wine was great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good AccessiblitySteakloverDined on 11/8/2014The restaurant is very accessible from the street and the staff was very accomadating to my seating needs for a wheelchair. I had booked a reservation for 5pm on a Saturday night and I am very glad we did as there was a waiting line when we left. The Ribeye steak was cooked perfectly at medium rare and sizzling hot when served just the way I like my steak. The atmosphere and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaknickDined on 11/1/2014Never had such delicious steak and lamb chop ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulous !SpencerVIPDined on 10/28/2014Not much to say other than if you've never had the chance to dine at Ruth's Chris then find a way to make it happen - NEVER anything less than great ! Thank you for a wonderful evening on my Wife's birthday !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time's a charm!GreedyGutsDined on 10/25/2014This was my third time at Ruth's Chris and again everything was wonderful. We have celebrated the last two of my father's birthdays here as well as his recent retirement, so I think I can sgelt say he enjoys this restaurant as well. The food is amazing, good atmosphere, good service, great wines and cocktails. Oh! And don't forget the desserts! Absolutely scrumptious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Great building and the service was excellent, but for the price you pay ($300) for our party of 2 (includes a bottle of wine we got), the food was average at best and it well wasn't worth that price.Special Features:
- wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014First time visiting Ruth Chris enjoyed it immensely, will definitely be back ...Thanks Phil and Shannon LandsburgSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SheremSheremDined on 10/17/2014Great place to get a guaranteed tasty and cooked to perfection steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced low quality steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Beautiful romantic restaurant. Everything was great except the rib steak I ordered. 60 bucks for the steak alone. Was over cooked, low quality, absolutely awefull steak. When I showed the manager that I could barely cut it with my knife he took it off my bill. Really, if I'm paying 60 bucks for a piece of meat it better be perfect. And at least high quality. I've seen better cuts of meat at superstore. LolSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/8/2014I had the opportunity to have lunch at the Edmonton location. Great service and great food. The ambiance was exceptional. I will definitely be back for business or pleasure.Special Features:
- over served over pricedsimpledinerDined on 10/3/2014This restaurant is a true paradox. The service was excellent. The food for the price was not. And to a point, the amount of service was a disservice. I myself went to have the mixed grill and the sweet potato casserole. The casserole. Too much brown sugar. Way too sweet. The pecans were a nice touch. Added a little crunch. The steak was underwhelming. The taste was flat and did not seem to have been aged long enough. The shrimp was over seasoned. However the chicken breast was good. And for dessert. The raspberry sorbet was riddled with ice. As if it is not a popular item and is not served often. However my girlfriends cheesecake was impressive in size but not flavor. Very dense.
- Very DisappointedReasonableDinerDined on 10/1/2014The steaks were all gristle - not marbled. We had to hack through 1/2 of the steak just to get something chewable even though we ordered medium rare. The potatoes had a burnt brown sugar topping - not caramelized - tasted terrible. The mushrooms were just heated up - no spice added. When the Maitre'd came around to ask how the meal was, we tried to be nice - but honest. He never said anything and never came back even though he circulated to all the other tables several times throughout the night. If you don't want the truth, then don't ask. All in all, it was a terrible waste of $500 for 4 people - and we did not even order any wine!!! Definitely not what I remember.
- luvfoodDined on 9/28/2014The food was very good. When we arrived we were not acknowledged by the girl behind the desk. She left and came back and then received the man who came in after us. I think this was very rude. There was some confusion over the wine we ordered. The waiter took our order and then the wine waiter arrived and asked us what wine we ordered. Otherwise the service was very good and our waiter checked with us a few times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Steak HouseychanDined on 9/28/2014I made a reservation for 2 for a birthday. We decided to call in to see if we could show up earlier and they had no problem doing so. The lady on the phone was very nice and professional. When we got to the restaurant we were seated quickly. They placed some lovely birthday confetti on the table for the occasion. The server was quick and knowledgeable about the menu. The food arrived in a timely manner and was delicious. However it could be more flavorful. The birthday guest received a free dessert sampler trio which was great! In all, I had an awesome experience and would come back again.Special Features:
- My FavouriteDivotdog555Dined on 9/22/2014I go to Ruth's for special occasions and lunch with my niece. It's quiet, comfortable and elegant. Food is on the expensive side, but the quality is excellent. Their Date Night special is very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceRenoDined on 9/19/2014Dined for the first time at Ruth's Chris for the "Date Night" special and had an excellent experience. The decor is very pleasant, food was well prepared and generous and the service was very good. We would definitly go back for special occasions and would recommend it to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOODCorrie2113Dined on 9/12/2014I had an amazing time when by boyfriend and I went here for our birthday's (same day birthdays). It was a bit noisy as there were children seated by us (we had a later reservation as well hoping to prevent this). Aside from that the food and service was well worth the price. Had an amazing dinner and our server was outstanding. Thank you so much!Special Features:
- DavidDined on 8/21/2014Good food cooked to perfection. But way overpriced .Special Features:
- Best Steaks In TowntroublewithabigtDined on 8/19/2014First off I'd like to say I'm not one who orders steak when we dine out, I'm often disappointed by the quality and the preparation (which I can do at at home). The service is by far the best I've ever received (even with the new staff in training), all of the food was top notch and I don't have one complaint. Sure it's pricey but you're getting what you pay for.... excellent food, top notch service and a cozy atmosphere etc etc. Go on date night if price is an issue (its a deal !!!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!puckstopper31Dined on 8/8/2014Not sure how many times we have gone here but we are never disappointed .Special Features:
- AwkwardFoodDined on 8/6/2014My wife and I went for dinner for our Anniversary, the people sitting at the table beside us were also celebrating their Anniversary. The couple beside us were given a comp dessert, while we were not. Seemed kinda rude as we were directly beside them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!guynoDined on 8/4/2014A terrific meal again. This was our second visit to this location. We were pleased that Hansi was our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014I've seen Ruth's Chris before but never ventured to try given the relatively high price and lack of a special occasion. But for our 4 year anniversary my fiancé and I decided to give it a shot. Pros, great service, extensive wine list and atmosphere suited for the occasion. Cons, the table wasn't ready, despite the reservation, I've had better steak at a chain restaurant 1/4 the price (I.e. Chilies). 500 degree plate is overrated.Special Features:
- The following 219 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton reviews archive.
- Steak lovers will adore!calgarDined on 7/26/2014The clue is in the name! Ruth's Chris steakhouse far surpasses any restaurant for steak in the city! And while this restaurant is more expensive, it is certainly not exorbitantly so and you truly do get the standard befitting the cost. Service is exemplary and our waiters were extremely attentive throughout. We shared lobster fritters to start which were tasty and had the obligatory steak for entrée which was divine. Share a dessert! The cheesecake is humongous! A trip to Ruth's Chris is a must!Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris SteakhouseLearningaboutdiningDined on 7/15/2014It was OK for the price I actually expected more. Was OK for a one time experience. Probably wouldn't recommend it due to price. Our server "Kevin" was excellent.Special Features:
- Great steakRichardDined on 7/12/2014You must try Ruth's Chris if you want the BEST steak this is the spot to go. Always great service and you go home very satisfied every time you eat here. Keep up the great food and Service. RichardSpecial Features:
- delicious food and great serviceangkat19Dined on 7/5/2014The dining experience was wonderful, from the food to our server James. Everything was great, at the end of the meal the hostess gave us a tour of the building and shared the history of both the building and the restaurant with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor Service Very NoisyPayingforserviceDined on 6/26/2014The food was great, the service very poor with a waitress who was more interested in entertaining, than in providing service. I took a group of 3 colleagues to dinner and we were seated right next to another loud and talkative table. Even though there were plenty of tables available, we were all clustered down at one end and can only assume it was for the server's convenience. The server was surely and interrupted frequently, even though it was quite clear we were in discussion. I was poured a cup of coffee which the server allowed to overflow and didn't offer to clean up. I was stuck with a dripping coffee cup that had to be cleaned off, every time I wanted a sip.
- Never been so satisfiedExpensiveTastesDined on 6/24/2014My family went in celebration of my 19th birthday as per my request and I am thrilled with my decision. We were offered drinks immediately and the whole night the waiters made us feel like we were the centre of attention. The wine list was impeccable and the list was organized in a very simple fashion which made choosing quite easy. The steaks were all cooked to perfection and the waiters were very knowledgeable on the types of steaks and how best to have them cooked. Something I also found quite enjoyable was that they heated the plate to 500 degrees so your food stayed hot throughout the night. As for the deserts, they can easily be shared as they are quite large. On a final note be wary that it will cost between $60-120 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing & Outstanding!!!OnlyThe2OfUsDined on 6/21/2014Because it was our 10 Year Anniversary, I could think of no other spot to share the moment with. The food was amazing, the staff was amazing and the night was outstanding!!! Thank-you for the unforgettable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing evening in every way!TracyBethDined on 6/21/2014We have dined at Ruth's Chris several times previously, usually for "special occasions", and enjoyed a great meal and excellent service each time. This time however our evening surpassed even Ruth's Chris' standard of excellence. Our reservation request was unexpectedly accommodated when I phoned, even though Open Table showed no availability for a larger group for the time I was requesting. The meal as always was amazing and our party of 8 was made to feel like we were the only diners in a very busy restaurant. Our attentive server worked hard to make our "graduation celebration" evening memorable- mission accomplished!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enzo2012Dined on 6/8/2014Service is very attentive. Food in general are good but nothing special. Steaks are done to my liking. A little pricey in general.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.