Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton
10103 100 St Nw
Edmonton, AB T5J 0N8Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: CAN$51 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: 7809900123
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Sunday 4:00 pm - 9:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ron P. Korn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: Converted bank vaults, wine cellars, and a large dining room with a water wall constitute our private dining rooms. These rooms seat anywhere from 8 to 50 very comfortably. A la Carte, set menus are available.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton
Situated in an historic building that once housed a bank, this elegant steak house has fireplaces and large booths in the dining room and lounge. It is an ideal spot for private meetings, a romantic dinner on those special occasions. Private seating for parties of 8 to 50 in unique surroundings with state of the art audio/visual equipment at your disposal. Ruth's Chris Steak House deserved reputation as the finest has come to Edmonton. We hope to see you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)romantic (38)notable wine list (21)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014First time visiting Ruth Chris enjoyed it immensely, will definitely be back ...Thanks Phil and Shannon LandsburgSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SheremSheremDined on 10/17/2014Great place to get a guaranteed tasty and cooked to perfection steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced low quality steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Beautiful romantic restaurant. Everything was great except the rib steak I ordered. 60 bucks for the steak alone. Was over cooked, low quality, absolutely awefull steak. When I showed the manager that I could barely cut it with my knife he took it off my bill. Really, if I'm paying 60 bucks for a piece of meat it better be perfect. And at least high quality. I've seen better cuts of meat at superstore. LolSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/8/2014I had the opportunity to have lunch at the Edmonton location. Great service and great food. The ambiance was exceptional. I will definitely be back for business or pleasure.Special Features:
- over served over pricedsimpledinerDined on 10/3/2014This restaurant is a true paradox. The service was excellent. The food for the price was not. And to a point, the amount of service was a disservice. I myself went to have the mixed grill and the sweet potato casserole. The casserole. Too much brown sugar. Way too sweet. The pecans were a nice touch. Added a little crunch. The steak was underwhelming. The taste was flat and did not seem to have been aged long enough. The shrimp was over seasoned. However the chicken breast was good. And for dessert. The raspberry sorbet was riddled with ice. As if it is not a popular item and is not served often. However my girlfriends cheesecake was impressive in size but not flavor. Very dense.
- Very DisappointedReasonableDinerDined on 10/1/2014The steaks were all gristle - not marbled. We had to hack through 1/2 of the steak just to get something chewable even though we ordered medium rare. The potatoes had a burnt brown sugar topping - not caramelized - tasted terrible. The mushrooms were just heated up - no spice added. When the Maitre'd came around to ask how the meal was, we tried to be nice - but honest. He never said anything and never came back even though he circulated to all the other tables several times throughout the night. If you don't want the truth, then don't ask. All in all, it was a terrible waste of $500 for 4 people - and we did not even order any wine!!! Definitely not what I remember.
- luvfoodDined on 9/28/2014The food was very good. When we arrived we were not acknowledged by the girl behind the desk. She left and came back and then received the man who came in after us. I think this was very rude. There was some confusion over the wine we ordered. The waiter took our order and then the wine waiter arrived and asked us what wine we ordered. Otherwise the service was very good and our waiter checked with us a few times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Steak HouseychanDined on 9/28/2014I made a reservation for 2 for a birthday. We decided to call in to see if we could show up earlier and they had no problem doing so. The lady on the phone was very nice and professional. When we got to the restaurant we were seated quickly. They placed some lovely birthday confetti on the table for the occasion. The server was quick and knowledgeable about the menu. The food arrived in a timely manner and was delicious. However it could be more flavorful. The birthday guest received a free dessert sampler trio which was great! In all, I had an awesome experience and would come back again.Special Features:
- My FavouriteDivotdog555Dined on 9/22/2014I go to Ruth's for special occasions and lunch with my niece. It's quiet, comfortable and elegant. Food is on the expensive side, but the quality is excellent. Their Date Night special is very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceRenoDined on 9/19/2014Dined for the first time at Ruth's Chris for the "Date Night" special and had an excellent experience. The decor is very pleasant, food was well prepared and generous and the service was very good. We would definitly go back for special occasions and would recommend it to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOODCorrie2113Dined on 9/12/2014I had an amazing time when by boyfriend and I went here for our birthday's (same day birthdays). It was a bit noisy as there were children seated by us (we had a later reservation as well hoping to prevent this). Aside from that the food and service was well worth the price. Had an amazing dinner and our server was outstanding. Thank you so much!Special Features:
- DavidDined on 8/21/2014Good food cooked to perfection. But way overpriced .Special Features:
- Best Steaks In TowntroublewithabigtDined on 8/19/2014First off I'd like to say I'm not one who orders steak when we dine out, I'm often disappointed by the quality and the preparation (which I can do at at home). The service is by far the best I've ever received (even with the new staff in training), all of the food was top notch and I don't have one complaint. Sure it's pricey but you're getting what you pay for.... excellent food, top notch service and a cozy atmosphere etc etc. Go on date night if price is an issue (its a deal !!!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!puckstopper31Dined on 8/8/2014Not sure how many times we have gone here but we are never disappointed .Special Features:
- AwkwardFoodDined on 8/6/2014My wife and I went for dinner for our Anniversary, the people sitting at the table beside us were also celebrating their Anniversary. The couple beside us were given a comp dessert, while we were not. Seemed kinda rude as we were directly beside them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!guynoDined on 8/4/2014A terrific meal again. This was our second visit to this location. We were pleased that Hansi was our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014I've seen Ruth's Chris before but never ventured to try given the relatively high price and lack of a special occasion. But for our 4 year anniversary my fiancé and I decided to give it a shot. Pros, great service, extensive wine list and atmosphere suited for the occasion. Cons, the table wasn't ready, despite the reservation, I've had better steak at a chain restaurant 1/4 the price (I.e. Chilies). 500 degree plate is overrated.Special Features:
- Steak lovers will adore!calgarDined on 7/26/2014The clue is in the name! Ruth's Chris steakhouse far surpasses any restaurant for steak in the city! And while this restaurant is more expensive, it is certainly not exorbitantly so and you truly do get the standard befitting the cost. Service is exemplary and our waiters were extremely attentive throughout. We shared lobster fritters to start which were tasty and had the obligatory steak for entrée which was divine. Share a dessert! The cheesecake is humongous! A trip to Ruth's Chris is a must!Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris SteakhouseLearningaboutdiningDined on 7/15/2014It was OK for the price I actually expected more. Was OK for a one time experience. Probably wouldn't recommend it due to price. Our server "Kevin" was excellent.Special Features:
- Great steakRichardDined on 7/12/2014You must try Ruth's Chris if you want the BEST steak this is the spot to go. Always great service and you go home very satisfied every time you eat here. Keep up the great food and Service. RichardSpecial Features:
- delicious food and great serviceangkat19Dined on 7/5/2014The dining experience was wonderful, from the food to our server James. Everything was great, at the end of the meal the hostess gave us a tour of the building and shared the history of both the building and the restaurant with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor Service Very NoisyPayingforserviceDined on 6/26/2014The food was great, the service very poor with a waitress who was more interested in entertaining, than in providing service. I took a group of 3 colleagues to dinner and we were seated right next to another loud and talkative table. Even though there were plenty of tables available, we were all clustered down at one end and can only assume it was for the server's convenience. The server was surely and interrupted frequently, even though it was quite clear we were in discussion. I was poured a cup of coffee which the server allowed to overflow and didn't offer to clean up. I was stuck with a dripping coffee cup that had to be cleaned off, every time I wanted a sip.
- The following 213 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton reviews archive.
- Never been so satisfiedExpensiveTastesDined on 6/24/2014My family went in celebration of my 19th birthday as per my request and I am thrilled with my decision. We were offered drinks immediately and the whole night the waiters made us feel like we were the centre of attention. The wine list was impeccable and the list was organized in a very simple fashion which made choosing quite easy. The steaks were all cooked to perfection and the waiters were very knowledgeable on the types of steaks and how best to have them cooked. Something I also found quite enjoyable was that they heated the plate to 500 degrees so your food stayed hot throughout the night. As for the deserts, they can easily be shared as they are quite large. On a final note be wary that it will cost between $60-120 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing & Outstanding!!!OnlyThe2OfUsDined on 6/21/2014Because it was our 10 Year Anniversary, I could think of no other spot to share the moment with. The food was amazing, the staff was amazing and the night was outstanding!!! Thank-you for the unforgettable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing evening in every way!TracyBethDined on 6/21/2014We have dined at Ruth's Chris several times previously, usually for "special occasions", and enjoyed a great meal and excellent service each time. This time however our evening surpassed even Ruth's Chris' standard of excellence. Our reservation request was unexpectedly accommodated when I phoned, even though Open Table showed no availability for a larger group for the time I was requesting. The meal as always was amazing and our party of 8 was made to feel like we were the only diners in a very busy restaurant. Our attentive server worked hard to make our "graduation celebration" evening memorable- mission accomplished!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enzo2012Dined on 6/8/2014Service is very attentive. Food in general are good but nothing special. Steaks are done to my liking. A little pricey in general.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticloveditDined on 6/7/2014Arrived early, seated immediately. Server was very attentive even though it was busy. Food was better than expected. Crème brulé for dessert was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My absolute favourite steakhouse.AshleyDined on 6/7/2014I love a good steak. Ruth's Chris is my all time favourite place for good food. The quality of their beef is unsurpassed by anywhere that I have been. I always tell people that a steak from Ruth's Chris makes The Keg taste like McDonalds :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Put me in the BasementOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014Always a great restaurant, but the ambiance is changed considerab;y when you are downstairs in the dining room. Not a lot of character there. We're going to make sure in future we askfor upstairs seatingSpecial Features:
- Mothers Day TreatYngEntrDined on 5/25/2014Took my mom for a belated Mothers Day dinner. She had the halibut and I had the filet. Both were great! Service was especially skilled was greeted by name throughout the evening by all staff. Very impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationdinner44Dined on 5/25/2014We were there with our daughter and her husband to celebrate our anniversary. They sat us at a lovely private booth that had been decorated with small anniversary confetti. All the wait staff were attentive and congratulatory. The pace of our meal could have been a bit slower. The wine mark-up is huge. The food was just ok. The crab cake appetizer was cold in the middle. The petit fillet steaks, which is why we chose this restaurant, were over-cooked to what we had ordered and were quite tough and a challenge to cut. You certainly would never leave this restaurant hungry as the size of the smallest steak is 8 oz. The waiter brought us a dessert sampler that we all shared, some of it was better than the rest but a lovely thought.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 5/21/2014Food is always consistent and tasty however, wine prices come on triple quadruple what you would pay die a bottle in the liquor store.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favoriteDivotdog555Dined on 5/21/2014I love Ruth's .... Always a special place to go. A must have for dessert is the Banana Cream Pie...but share it, it's big!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2014Been to the restaurant a number of times now. Food has always been outstanding...unfortunately for some reason this time the steaks were all overcooked relative to what we asked and lacked some of the spice/taste that it normally has. Side orders continued to be very good though.Special Features:
- SIMPLY ABOVE THE RESTHIRPMDined on 5/3/2014I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS CONSISTENT LEVEL OF GREAT FOOD AND EXEMPLARY SERVICE ANYWHERE ELSE. THANKYOU RUTH'S CHRIS FOR ANOTHER MEMORABLE EVENING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014Went here with my husband when we paid off our student loans. All the employees addressed us by name and (even though they were admittedly short staffed) always made sure we we're attend ended to. Even the bussers were very friendly and made us laugh. Unfortunately, my steak wasn't great, but the rest of the meal was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded all expectations!!TonyDined on 4/24/2014All in all, love it. It's a place you take special guest from abroad visiting and be proud of it. great services, delicious menu and most of all it is very classy. 10 across the board.Special Features:
- Always deliverProfessionaleaterDined on 4/18/2014Always greatly enjoy the wonderful tasting hot food at RC. My only complaint is the table beside us was too close. You can overhear everything that the table next to you is saying and I'm sure vice versaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too much of a "good" thingmacsVIPDined on 4/10/2014The food was great. Our server was friendly and provided helpful information, however she didn't know when to stop to the point she became irritating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfullGregDined on 4/5/2014Celebrated our anniversary here with friends great food, great ambience we all had a great time as always.Special Features: