Ruth's Chris Steak House - Downtown Honolulu
500 Ala Moana Blvd. #6C
Honolulu, HI 96813Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Downtown Honolulu
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: (808) 599-3860
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm | Sundays 4:00pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Eli Low
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining at Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect way to make any meeting memorable and any event a celebration. Let your family, friends or associates enjoy the unparalleled Ruth's Chris Menu and be pampered by the Aloha spirited staff. Make Ruth's Chris Steak House the place for your next meeting, party or family gathering. - Alii Room, private (seats 12) - Victoria Room, private (seats 36) - Paradise Room, semi-private (seats 50) - Main Dining Room, semi-private (seats to 75) NEW! RUTH'S CHRIS STEAK HOUSE IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE LUNCHEONS! MINIMUMS APPLY. PLEASE INQUIRE.
- Private Party Contact: Emi Espinda 8085952205
- Special Events: Ruth’s Chris Steak House (Hawaii)offers the Sizzlin’ Prime Time Dinner Special featuring a 3-course menu starting at $39.95 (not including tax & gratuity.)Served nightly from 5-6:00pm.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Downtown Honolulu
Welcome to Ruth's Chris Steak House. When you visit Ruth's Chris, you soon understand that this is no ordinary restaurant. From the USDA prime steaks, broiled to perfection in a trademark 1800 degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees, to the expertly executed seafood, island fresh fish, New Orleans inspired appetizers, unforgettable dessert and an award winning wine list, you will find that this is the steakhouse to which others aspire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Downtown Honolulu - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Downtown Honolulu reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)romantic (53)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (29)notable wine list (29)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Suzakuangel12Dined on 11/21/2014Came back for restaurant week, where the menu included salad, choice of petite filet, stuffed chicken, mahi mahi served chinese style, choice of a side, and dessert. I decided to try something other than steak because I already know the steaks are delicious, so I ordered the stuffed chicken. The chicken was moist, skin was crispy, and meat was flavorful. Service was also excellent as usual. Ruth's Chris is always a favorite! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's ChrisPestanaVIPDined on 11/20/2014We went because of "Restaurant Week" with the pre-fix menu. Excellent deal food was great, the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate Special Occasions HereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/18/2014They made my birthday special with complimentary glass of champagne, a small bouquet of flowers, and a stunning flambé dessert. Service by Chris was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Ruth Chris for my birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014I made reservations on that same morning using Open Table and received a confirmation right way online. I also received a call from the restaurant to reconfirm my reservations. We were seated right away and our waiter was very attentive. My son got me a bottle of wine for my birthday and our waiter offered to open it for us , I thought that was really nice. It was my son and my birthday , we received a complementary glass of sparkling wine each and as a added treat we received a strawberry dessert that was on fire, so pretty. We all ordered steak and it was the most delicious steak ever. Everyone agreed , even tho we all asked for it cooked differently. We all ordered different side dishes and shared with each other. The sauteed mushrooms and cream spinach was to die for. I think I will make this my annual birthday spot from now on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!KL111214Dined on 11/12/2014The food and service are always great! The minute you enter the restaurant you feel welcomed by the staff. The servers are very professional and friendly and again make you feel welcomed and at ease. We appreciated how our server, Christopher, said that he wanted us to enjoy the evening and did not want us to feel rushed through our dining experience. His attentiveness was perfect and he genuinely wanted us to enjoy our experience. And, the food speaks for itself! Always delicious! Thank you Christopher and the Ruth Chris staff in Honolulu Hawaii for an enjoyable, fine dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome accomodations!wowlaulauDined on 11/9/2014I took my better half here for our anniversary and the staff accomodated beyond well. They laid out red rose petals on the table, brought complimentary champagne, and a complimentary strawberry dessert. As always, the steak was on point and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Revamped Ruth's Chris SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/4/2014The Restaurant Row Ruth's Chris has just finished a remodel and it did spruce up the place but maybe made it a little darker than the previous incarnation. The food was great as always, don't miss ordering the sweet potato casserole and eating a bite of it at the same time as a bite of steak...yummmm! Service was superb.Special Features:
- ThomasDined on 11/3/2014This was a great place to celebrate our 47th weeding anneversary. The food and service was second to none. Our waiter was excellent. Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiscouragedDined on 10/31/2014My steak was tender but too salty. The waiter was pleasant and helpful but disappeared at the end. No follow through. The food in general was tasty, but not sure if it is good for its value.Special Features:
- We always enjoy dinner hereMarthaMelonsVIPDined on 10/26/2014Since my husband was away in SF watching the World Series, my son and I decided to enjoy a nice quiet early dinner here on Sunday. He is only 10 but really loves the filet mignon at Ruth Chris. The Prime Time menu is perfect for him because he gets exactly what he wants at a price that is reasonable. Usually we have excellent service but this time we were seated next to a party of 19 people. Our servers did their best to take care of us but were so busy with the large party that we ended up being neglected for over 30 minutes. We had planned on ordering an upgraded fancy dessert but instead just took the ice cream to save time and spare the our servers the extra stress of having to bring menus and place another order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's 81st birthdayJaxRVIPDined on 9/28/2014We've had many company dinners here, so there was no doubt we would have a nice dinner for my father in-laws belated birthday celebration. It also happened to be the night before they would close for renovations. Service was great but we were a little disappointed that they had run out of so many things before we even ordered our food. Despite that, were still able to have a great dinner party. They really made up for it by bringing us two kinds of complimentary desserts. Great customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayGinaVIPDined on 9/27/2014always a great steak, cooked to perfection. Not overdone, just perfect. The rest of the food was just ok.
- RainaRairaiDined on 9/27/2014The place never lets me down! Always a great meal. Service is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Dining!Food4thoughtDined on 9/19/2014Everything was great!!! We started with a Caesar salad and ordered a filet mignon, which was broiled to perfection. Shared two sides - broccoli and potatoes au gratin, and a chocolate lava cake with ice cream. I have been to this location 8 times and the food is always SUPERB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly off this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Great tasting side dish specials (honey glazed brussel sprouts, southwestern mac n cheese) but the sprouts were slightly undercooked and the mac/cheese sat too long before being served and was only slightly warm. Both ribeye steaks were tasty but not of the usual Ruth's Chris caliber and definitely not worth the price this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceStAnDined on 9/16/2014This wasn't our first time to Ruth Chris for dinner so we knew the food was going to be excellent, which it was. But this is our first time going for a special occasion, we went for our 5 year anniversary and they did an amazing job at making it a special night for the two of us. I would definitely recommend to anyone celebrating an anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionTanya35Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent steak and alacarte veggies. Stuffed Chicken was okay. I wouldn't get it again- probably go for the fish. Specialty cocktail lemonade was tasty! Nice that they give you a birthday coupon on your next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth visitingbabyimpDined on 9/11/2014I ordered Fillet and Cowboy ribeye. Cowboy ribeye steak was great and well seasoned, but fillet steak was a little bit dry.Special Features:
- Treated like royalty!KikomomDined on 9/10/2014My husband and I decided to celebrate the anniversary of our first meeting, not date, the day we met. A girl came over to scatter red rose petals on the table to "set the mood"--so sweet, right? I would later figure out that this is their sign that the guests are celebrating an anniversary (birthday is orchids in a martini glass). Every staff member who passes your table wishes you a happy anniversary. Really nice touch. We had a fabulous filet dinner with our favorite sides (creamed spinach is a winner!) and were trying to decide on a dessert when our waiter brought us a flaming strawberry dessert to celebrate. This was wonderful also, but the gifts kept coming. We were given a gift certificate to come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Celebration place!FoodieMamaDined on 9/1/2014Service here is always attentive, friendly & helpful. Extra touches w/ birthday champagne and dessert were very appreciated. Steaks were done perfectly and servings of sides generous and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meatMarcoDined on 8/24/2014We went there in a group of 6 and we got very good meat and an attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still superb after all these years!justinthymeDined on 8/23/2014I was there on the night Ruth's Chris at Waterfront Plaza opened back in the late '80s. It was wonderful then, and remains so today -- never-fail food preparation, always delicious offerings, finely-polished service from its professional staff, and gracious ambiance from start to finish. Premium pricing aside, what's not to like about this iconic dining stop?Special Features:
- HeavenNanaHenDined on 8/18/2014Took my BF for his birthday dinner. Service and food were incredible. I asked that the keep his birthday "discreetly" and they did. We had champagne to start and a strawberry-chocolate flambe for dessert. AND they gave him a $20 gift card to use on a future visit. Glad we went here to celebrate his monumental 60th birthday. Thank you Ruth's Chris!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Chris and Jill as well as the entire staff makes this restaurant my favorite place to enjoy fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sharing over good foodKamakiDined on 8/13/2014My friend and I had to share our summer experiences. We had generous drinks and yummyiferous appetizers! The entrees and accompaniments were attractive and delicious. We had to skip dessert because we ate so well. Murph, our waiter, was attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Service ruined itKailuachickDined on 8/12/2014We went to celebrate my birthday the other night. While the good, as expected, was great, our server was awkward and not knowledgeable. He seemed confused by most questions, didn't know how to order a martini, forgot our drinks, and set a large fire to the table. After three guys came by to put it out, I at least expected a visit and apology from a manager, but no one even addressed it. Our server, while nice, obviously didn't have the knowledge or experience to serve at a restaurant of that caliber. I blame management most of all for obviously not caring about the dining experience they project.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Attentive service, filet and ribeye of high quality. Complimentary champagne and dessert for a birthday is a very nice touch. Parking is plentiful on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raw SteakHawaii808VIPDined on 8/6/2014Ordered two medium rare ribeye steaks and was give a steak done medium, the other rare. Ordered brussel sprouts and the came to the table under cooked. They were apologitic and offered to pay for our dessert. I would have preferred a well cooked steak instead.
- Service is da best!HawaiiAlohaDined on 8/5/2014Oyster rockefeller, stuffed mushrooms, rib eye steak (medium rare), creamed spinach, sweet potato, and broccoli are all very consistent. The rib eye is simply outstanding! Always goes well with my Crown Royal on the rocks! But what stands out the most is the SERVICE by the hostesses, waiter, and wait help. Always, always friendly and not imposing. Waiter Chris Harano is da best - - a gentleman who knows his trade well, and is knowledgeable in conversing with the multitude of various guests. He's the 'gem' of our experience at Ruth Chris Honolulu. My guests included my daughter who resides in Tokyo and sister-in-law who resides in New Jersey - - they just loved Chris (and the rib eye steaks)!Special Features:
- Best Steak in HonoluluHKLCVIPDined on 8/3/2014This is the first time I heard them say they "wet age" their beef. Maybe that's why I like it. I think the dry aged beef tastes like, well, rotting beef. Or maybe it is the fact that it comes on a 500 degree plate that has butter on it. Or maybe because it was cooked to perfection...okay, my husband's steak was way overdone...but we pointed it out, they knew it was overdone, were very apologetic, and refired his order very quickly. None of that attitude you usually get when you send something back. The appetizers were great. My bbq shrimp could have easily been an entree, but I shared with my family and it was delicious. The sides were also good. I would definitely recommend the mac and cheese and the brussel sprouts. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets better every time.diningrepeatersDined on 8/3/2014Our party of 8 people had an enjoyable evening of fine wining and dining. The atmosphere and service was enjoyable. Leilani and George were very attentive, quick and courteous. They made our dining experience a memorable one. Ruth Chris is one the restaurants we enjoy eating at and make it a point to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SarahBDined on 7/29/2014Food was good but not amazing for that price you have to pay for. Service is good.Special Features:
- Always enjoyable evening!HiroReviewsDined on 7/27/2014We always have a good time at Ruth's Chris in Ala Moana. Delicious appetizers, entrees, desserts, very attentive service, and great atmosphere. It will be our go to place for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 520 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Downtown Honolulu reviews archive.
- Service?!?JPlunkettDined on 7/25/2014Server (Andy) was uninterested in anything besides collecting check and looking for tip. I watched her do it to several tables. Seemed irritated by our (simple) requests. Bought a bottle of wine - had to pour it myself - as server would stop by and did not care our wineglasses were empty. (It was NOT busy) - if I wanted to pour my own $$$ bottle of wine - I would have stayed home and had twice as nice of a bottle... When the check came - she hovered, even grabbing it before I was done! I was so irritated I spoke to the manager about it on the way out. Food was good - they got everything right there - my wife's steak was right after it was redone. Manager very helpful in that regard - overall the server tanked the whole expirence.Special Features:
- Amazing 5th anniversary dinner.HoomanaDined on 7/25/2014Great food, great ambiance, shared conversation with other diners. Such a great way to enjoy an anniversary. The wait staff very helpful and attentive they helped to put the icing on the cake for us. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eataudiboy808Dined on 7/24/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary there and couldn't be happier we did. The staff very friendly, courteous, informative, very accommodating. The table was setup very nice they did a wonderful heart shaped design made out of rose pedals. Our waiter Kevin very good gave us the run down of the menu and specials of the night. He always checked on us to see if everything was going ok. Even the manager Laura stopped by to see how we were doing. Our food was great I ordered it medium rare boom cooked to perfection. Then our desserts wow it was good. Just the over all experience we had there was very top notch. We hadn't been there in a long time but after this experience looks like we'll be going a little more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Foodie2Dined on 7/20/2014From beginning to end, our experience at Ruth's Chris last night was excellent. As soon as we walked through the door, our birthday dinner celebration was treated to the richness of the famed Ruth's Chris service and menu. I think we found a new special occasion restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencebustersfriendDined on 7/20/2014We went to Ruth's Chris Steak house to celebrate my son's 31st birthday. We were warmly greeted and promptly seated. They brought my son a glass of champagne to start with and delicious bread for everyone. We opted to go with the Early Bird Special. All the steaks were outstanding! And the portions were so generous that we couldn't finish the steak, not even my 31 year old son! After dinner, the waiter brought over strawberries flambe, which was also delicious. What a great way to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great food, but noisy ambianceCarnivore808Dined on 7/17/2014Really enjoyed the food. Steaks were top notch and perfectly cooked. Only problem was they seated us next to a party of 100 guests. As a result, upon arrival, it was noisy and people were standing around and drinking right next to our table. This made conversation difficult and we felt uncomfortable. We were celebrating our anniversary and would've enjoyed a quieter evening. The staff was wonderful, but it was difficult to truly enjoy the evening with so many people near us and so much noise. We asked to be moved, but the restaurant was crowded and so we got moved, but one table over. A little help, but not enough. Great food but ambiance was noisy and bad. A regular table would've made this anniversary awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallYukiDined on 7/16/2014Overall great rest, service was friendly and efficient. Wud return on special occasion.Special Features: