Ruth's Chris Steak House - Destin
15000 Emerald Coast Parkway
Destin, FL 32541Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Destin
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschrisdestin.com/
- Phone: 8503375108
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday thru Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Ruth's Chris Destin is located in the Silver Shells Resort, west of Henderson Beach State Park.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Executive Chef: Russ Johnson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Wine Room (Max capacity 8 guests)
NOTE: To reserve the wine room you must speak to a manager. If a manager is not available at the time you call, please leave a message on our voice mail or with a host/hostess and a manager will return your call as soon as possible. 850.337.5108.
Ruth's Room (Max Capacity 30 guests)
New Orleans Inspired Courtyard (Max capacity 28 with patio furniture, Max capacity with banquet table and chair rentals 60)
- Private Party Contact: Michael J. Thomas 8503375108
- Entertainment: We offer entertainment by Billboard Charting-National Recording Artist / Vocalist / Saxophonist Michael J Thomas-www.michaeljthomas.net
Tues. thru Sat. "upon availability".
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Destin
Ruth's Chris Steak House serves the finest aged, corn-fed USDA Prime beef. Broiled in a trademark 1,800° oven & served on a plate heated to 500 degrees, your steak is presented sizzling hot at your table. Additionally, the menu includes select fresh seafood & other entrees. A variety of fresh-cooked vegetables, including seven kinds of potatoes, salads, homemade desserts & an extensive selection of over 400 domestic & imported wines complete your dining experience. Ruth's Chris never fails to please! Join us daily for happy hour 5-7PM.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Destin - Best Restaurants in Destin ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Destin reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)romantic (20)notable wine list (13)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- goodfoodfindergoodfoodfinderVIPDined on 9/13/2014Outstanding wait staff! Part of 3- all had different steaks-prepared 3 different ways-all were delicious! Will return next trip to Destin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fare,Outstanding AmbienceTinydinyDined on 8/31/2014Once again Ruth's Chris has never let us down. The food and service was superb, unsurpassed in quality. We have dined all over the world and nothing compares to Ruth's Chris for consistency. We have decided that your establishment is the most beautifully arranged. It was not so dark as the others always seem to be. I had the special, the grouper with lump crab meat and béarnaise sauce and it was delicious. The NY strip that my husband had was served Pittsburgh style just as he ordered it with the perfect sear yet remained rare in the middle. His shrimp cocktail was delicious and so was the onion soup I enjoyed. The dessert of creme brûlée was just as delicious as always. Ah, but we love being able to depend on consistent perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice break from the beachBigEdAtlantaDined on 8/1/2014A nice respite from tourist traps. Good food, excellent service. I go there every time I am in Destin for a nice night out.Special Features:
- Not the same Ruth Chris experienceFoodieDined on 7/29/2014Server was super pleasant when we saw him. Martini made incorrectly and had to be remade. My Filet was overlooked which surprised me as I have been to this restaurant in many cities and never had a food or service flaw. Now to the positives....the fried green tomato appetizer was Awesome!! Everyone else enjoyed their steaks and cooked to the requested temperature. The au gratin and creamed spinach sides were also delicious! The manager personally apologized and addressed the issue with my steak which I appreciated! The acoustics are not great. There was a VIP table on the other side of the restaurant who was loud and we could hear every word they said. I would try it again as this is atypical of my previous experiences as I mentioned!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently perfectBossRossDined on 7/26/2014I have been dinning at Ruth Chris of Destin for almost 8 years and everything is always perfect. From Michal J. Thomas, the entire staff and management team always treat me and my children like family. Ask for Tara if she isn't there re book your reservation. Can never say enough how much Ruth Chris has opened my eyes on food, wine and proper service. The price and service will match the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a groupYumYumDined on 7/10/2014We entertained 10 last Friday night and the food was fantastic, the service was perfect and we all had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always!JuliaDined on 6/25/2014This is a must do in Destin, FL. Great everything! WE always have a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Steaks not exceptionalJL2003Dined on 6/6/2014There was 8 of us, and all but one said their steaks were good. My steak was suppose to be medium, but was chewy like shoe leather. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful, and saw how tough my steak was, yet... Didnt offer a refund. I spoke to the manager on way out and he refunded for the one steak. Remainder of meal was excellent... But, this did not meet the usual experience I get at Rith's Chris... Which is normally my favorite steak house.Special Features:
- Great Steaksbbc1013Dined on 6/2/2014Great Place for a Great Steak cooked just right and served sizzling, stuffed mushroom's, cobb salad and potato's au gratin are also very good, you pay for what you get a Great Steak and sides. Worth a trip.Special Features:
- The following 221 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Destin reviews archive.
- Never DissapointsTonyDined on 5/16/2014Ruth's Chris is always a great spot for a nice, quiet dinner.Special Features:
- Outstanding!Ooolala123Dined on 5/15/2014We dine here every time we visit Destin. The service and food are always consistently excellent. Makes me hungry just to think about it! On this trip, we had an issue with the parking attendant. We did not tip him when he took our vehicle to park it. I guess he thought we were not going to tip. After our meal, he retrieved our vehicle and he received his tip. Once in the car, we realized he had turned the radio up blaring out the tunes and had set the air on 60 degrees and blasting! He will not keep us from returning to one of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at Ruth ChrisElegantFoodieDined on 5/11/2014The restaurant was very elegant and the service was great but the food was just alright. For the price I expected exceptional. Overall it was a good experience and I recommend trying it. You will feel like you are dining like a king or queen even if the food doesn't taste like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Is Dining NirvanaDrJimTDined on 5/9/2014We have never had anything less than a great dining experience at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. What else can I say.Special Features:
- Always AmazingalimelDined on 5/1/2014Ruth's Chris has amazing steaks, sides, and appetizers. It is not the regular beach restaurant. It's fancier. So, pull out a cute summer dress and go have an amazing steak! Wonderful service that you can't beat anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Destination DestinDustysMomDined on 4/30/2014In Destin multiple times,but I can honestly say this was the worst visit. Main waiter,Robin, not very attentive, disappeared for long periods of time? They also must have a New Mgr, not the same from the last two years. Never saw him engage anyone, walked past our table and others multiple times, totally ignored the patrons. This restaurant was NOT busy. Empty tables all around us in the main dining room. The young man who assisted our main waiter, was absolutely delightful, Jerry was attentive, knowledgeable, perhaps he should be a waiter? He was definitely a "bright spot" of the evening, along with the young man who provided the entertainment. We could have stayed and listened to him all night!We love Ruth's Chris, will always be patrons!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food alwayskmortonDined on 4/20/2014Ruth Chris's always has great food and it delivered for Easter brunch. The noise level was a little higher than I would've liked. They sat us by a large group of children (not sure why as there was plenty of seating open). I would've asked to be moved if I knew it would be that loud. The wait staff was on their usual game at my visit. My husband asked for some more bread and did not get it until almost when the main course was served. I ran out of my drink for awhile before it was refilled. The food was spectacular! I would give it a second try since this isn't a usual for the restaraunt.Special Features:
- Delicious DinnerAlabamaVIPDined on 4/19/2014Steaks were delicious! Great wine selection. Our entire meal was simply spectacular. Service was great and the atmosphere was upbeat, but elegant. We had six people in our party and we all had a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!VacadestinDined on 3/10/2014We had an amazing dining experience! My 13 year old dauhhter and her friend tried escargot and both loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday night table for threeGPopDined on 2/27/2014Just a great place for an extra special dining experience. Appetizers, filets, sides, desserts, and one drink each for about $80 per person. The quality of the food, service, and ambience makes this a great place to dine for a special occasion. I highly recommend this great restaurant for any special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayJOYADined on 2/14/2014Overall a great dinning experience my first choice to eat on a special occasion or anytime, I have been dinning at Ruth Chris steakhouse for the pass 9yrs. I enjoy every moment. Keep up the good job Thank You, Joya,NSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Valentine's DayDanielDined on 2/14/2014We come here every year for Valentine's Day. The steaks and sides are wonderful, the service is great and the experience is first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJnjinncDined on 2/6/2014We came here for my wife's birthday and were certainly not disappointed. Our server, Eugen, guided and made recommendations throughout our dining experience. Appetizers of escargot and crab stuffed mushroom caps, entree of the cowboy ribeye paired with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted garlic green beans and a wonderful comped dessert of the chocolate explosion, nothing was less than magnificent. Our server and his helper were very efficient, yet allowed us plenty of time for private moments. Never rushed, nonetheless the meal progressed at a comfortable clip. Drinks, appetizers, main course and dessert. Never rushed but always attended to. We could not have asked for more. A fine, quality steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dayhatae2cookDined on 2/5/2014We loved the wine room for a group of 6. Very private. We all had different steaks, the T bone for two, ribeye and fillet. All were done to perfection. We shared sides of salad, baked potatoes and vegatables. All food was served hot. Our server was gracious and polite. I would recommend Ruth Chris for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneypanhandlefoodieDined on 1/25/2014Frankly, I've had better steaks for less than the price of those at Ruth's Chris. I ordered my steak to be cooked medium- it was perfect. My boyfriend's steak however, was overcooked. He had ordered for his to be cooked medium and they made it well done. Hindsight, we should have sent it back, but honestly the restaurant made us very uncomfortable. We were sat in the very middle of the room so any request made felt like all eyes were turned toward us. Also, everything is a la carte so any sides or extras must be ordered separately from the steaks; the sides cost $9-13 per side- absolutely ridiculous. If you go to Ruth's Chris, expect to pay $55 to $80 per head for good food that can be gotten elsewhere for a better price.Special Features:
- Always a Grand Slam!fanofRuthChrisDined on 12/29/2013Robin made our night out extra special by being super attentive to our needs. We have never had a negative dining experience at Ruth Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. SuperBuff4stakeDined on 12/22/2013Great food and service. Super for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have never had a bad diningDianeDined on 12/8/2013We have never had a bad dining experience at Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as everMarco737Dined on 11/29/2013Not cheap, but absolutely the best steaks out there ! Many locations in the US, Canada and even in Dubai. My favorite, always trying to find one where ever I am.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantcygnusDined on 11/23/2013Great food, best steaks in the area. Quite and nicely decorated.Special Features:
- 40th Anniversary CelebrationdebyDined on 11/22/2013We spent our 40th wedding anniversary at Ruth's Chris in Destin, FL. The food was phenomenal and the atmosphere was perfect. The sax player, Michael J Thomas, played "our song" tableside and we felt like 18 year olds again. Thank you for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- only 1 problem steak orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2013only 1 problem steak ordered med and was well.this was taken care of by staff.thank you.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningRunner1Dined on 11/12/2013Spent a very pleasant 2 hours dining with my wife at Ruth's in Destin. Quiet, lovely decor and excellent service. Our steaks and shripm were wonderful and Jon's tableside service was courteous and witty. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there and would recommend to anyone who is wanting to spend an unhurried evening dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite steak in DestinSealeX2Dined on 11/5/2013The food was fantastic. Of special note were the oysters Bienville and the escargot. Steak and venison specials were excellent. The very professional and friendly service made the experience completely enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night out!smokerking2423Dined on 11/2/2013A buddy and I have been cooking together for over three years now. Getting pleasure out of cooking for others and decided that we wanted to go somewhere to be impressed by the food just as we have impressed others. Well we found it! Great location, Great food and a wine list to boot. Service was spot on, attentive but not bothersome. We don't know when we will make it back but we will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- starter experiencekitab84Dined on 10/26/2013This was truly my first fine dining experience and it was EXCELLENT!!!!! The service was great, food was mouth watering and the overall experience was a 10 out of 10. I'm definitely looking forward to going back soon with my husband!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasion!Nole2007Dined on 10/19/2013Our first visit to Ruth's Chris Steak House was to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday which I mentioned in the open table reservation. When we walked in the door and introduced ourselves he was immediately greeted with a "Happy Birthday" message! The rest of the evening followed suit! The food was great - from the ahi tuna appetizer to the filet mignon entre' to the bread pudding dessert with a happy birthday message on the plate. The price was not cheap - but we were expecting to pay for the wonderful food, service and atmosphere. We were not disappointed. I would highly recommend Ruth's Chris for any special occasion, or just a special evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLamineDined on 9/22/2013Best dinning experience I've ever had. Love it and would go back anytimeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningrayrayDined on 9/21/2013Son lives in Panama City. We live in Pensacola. The restaurant was midway for a relaxing 2 hr great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceLuv2eatDined on 9/16/2013We have been to 8 different Ruth's Chris restaurants. This is the only time that the service was not good. Our waitress did not come back and check on us like she should have. We asked for refills several times and she did not get them promptly and the last time she never even brought us our drinks which were not alcohol . The manager came by once to ask how everything was and we asked for refills then and still didn't get them for a while. Ruth's Chris is our favorite special restaurant and we were disappointed with this visit because of the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeavenlyAsystoleDined on 9/13/2013Their food was remarkable ! Steak so tender and juicy, lobster sweet and succulent and even their baked potato was exquisite :)~ Fine dinning at its best !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.