Ruth's Chris Steak House - Denver
707 15th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: 3038250713
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday -Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Denver
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Denver, CO serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)notable wine list (23)romantic (22)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (10)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Glad Ruth's Chris is back in town. My wife and I celebrated our Anniversary there. The food and specialty Martini's were fantastic. Possibly one of the best Rib-eye's I have had and my wife's fillet was perfect. Will come back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Our Waiter Thomas was outstanding, food was excellent - decided to go for Christmas Eve this year!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014our waiter was GREAT - didn't 'bug' us too much, but was always aware when we needed something...food was better than great, tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & serviceMoooVinOnDined on 7/27/2014Service was a little slow. Food was excellent - not exceptional. Noise level was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect MealMikeMDined on 7/24/2014Last time we visited this location, we ran into a number of issues around both the food and the service, but boy has it improved. While the previous experience was out of the norm we have experienced here, it was great to get back to the great food and service we have come to expect from Ruth's Chris. Steak was perfect, corn chowder was great and the wine superb. Top it all off with great and attentive service.Special Features:
- World ClassWoodlandsFrequentDinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014When you dine at Ruth's Chris, they make every experience an event. The food was superior, the service exceptional, and the event unparalleled. I notified them ahead of time it was a special occasion and they had our table ready - right down to the 'birthday' confetti on the table. Extraordinary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty mushroomsTravelerDined on 7/12/2014Sautéed mushrooms were too salty to eat. Replacement took so long that steaks were cool. Unbelievable, but the raplacement mushrooms were also not acceptable. Denver operation is not at the standard of other Ruth's Chris's we have enjoyed. Server was excellent
- Still working the kinks out...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014I am a huge Ruth's fan and know they will get the new restaurant kinks out. Steak came over cooked and it was lighting speed replaced. The server really paid attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shareable sides.BillDined on 7/5/2014Great Steak. Impeccable service. Enjoyed a reasonably priced 10 year old Bordeaux.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/4/2014No matter which one you go to the steaks are always consistently great. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't go wrong here!Dhowie43Dined on 7/3/2014Food and service were excellent in a subdued and intimate atmosphere. The filet was excellent and a steak knife was not necessary for this tender cut of flavorful beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denver ConventionOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/30/2014Attentive service when we arrived. Solid dinner. Our party had the filet, ribeye and salad. Hard to have a bad meal here.Special Features:
- Something wasn't rightchicagobobVIPDined on 6/29/2014We were in town for a meeting. Have been to many Ruth Chris' across the country. My wife made the same wine request she always orders. For some reason our waiter felt the need to make it a discussion. Things deteriorated from there her steak wasn't properly cooked and the overall experience was not pleasant. Definitely our worst dining experience at a Ruth Chris restaurant.Special Features:
- Ruth's DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/26/2014Our first time at this spot was encouraging, but this last trip was highly disappointing. The service was mediocre because they did not have enough staff of for the lounge area. More importantly, my steak was mediocre at best. I had the ribeye and it was tasteless. Others at our table had their steaks arrive not to their liking temperature wise. Medium rare steaks were medium to well. One medium was clearly over cooked to the point of over well done. Very disappointing.
- WonderfulNicholsDined on 6/23/2014Great service - lots of little touches to help celebrate a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow and burntBrine3210Dined on 6/21/2014I had high hopes for Ruth's Chris having really enjoyed me experience there years ago. We arrived a few minutes early and were seated promptly. The staff seemed nice and up beat. This is when things started to drag. We appreciate a well timed dinner and like when a reataurant doesn't seem to be pushing you out. This wasn't that. Things were just SLOW. It took forever to get a drink order in and then longer to get the drinks. On a recommendation we decided on the porterhouse for two. There was no mention that it comes burnt. But even cooked at medium that is what it was. The inside meat was good but the after tasted was just burned flesh. We then waited twenty minutes for anyone to clear our plates. Price was huge, food was bad. Don't go.
- satdinersatdinerDined on 6/15/2014Even though the restaurant was not crowded, it took a long time to get our food. My steak was not cooked as I had requested. My husband was almost finished with his meal before I received my steak. The chef did come out and apologize and gave us extra green beans. Our waiter disappeared for long periods of time. We asked to see the dessert menu and waited and waited for him to return. Finally, we got the attention of the manager and complained. He apologized and took our dessert orders. He gave us one of the desserts free. The manager was eager to make our dinning experience pleasant but why was the restaurant having all of these problems. Other diners also seemed to have to wait a long time for their entrees and desserts.Special Features:
- Met the new boyfriendSchultz132VIPDined on 6/14/2014We (four of us) went to Ruths Chris to meet my daughters new boyfriend for the first time. We had a drink at the bar and the bartender was great. The drinks were good. Then, we were seated. The server (I cannot remember her name) was way too casual for a fine dining restaurant. She for got one glass of wine during the meal, she didn't know anything about the dessert wines, she didn't act interested in our questions about the menu - she just pushed us through our order. Didn't love it. Wouldn't go back. We will gladly spend $354 somewhere else.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014Prefer crab instead of a crab cake with my filet oscar, chocolate brownie dessert was good but too much going on with the cream and whatever was under it, bigger plates would be great!Special Features:
- FANTASTIC PLACE TO DINEsd75Dined on 6/14/2014THIS IS A GREAT DINNING EXPERIENCE FOR COUPLES OR FAMILIES HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTEDSpecial Features:
- MartaVIPDined on 6/9/2014The food and service were wonderful. We really liked the prefix menu and the choices that we had.Special Features:
- dodof7VIPDined on 6/6/2014The food was very good and the service as well. I recommend to anyone who likes a good steak.Special Features:
- slow servicePopsVIPDined on 5/31/2014I frequent RC all over the country,this one has to have the slowest most amateur service I have received.We purposely selected a later reservation 9.00pm to allow for the rush of a Saturday night crowd get there due service,only to find out the crowd wasn't there and for good reason! Salad took 30 minutes followed by the entree another 30 minutes. My wife had a salad myself a ribeye medium,nothing that would cause our order to take as long as it did. The food turned out to be ok not great.Special Features:
- Surprised and DisappointedMikeMDined on 5/31/2014Love this place, but most recent visit had way to many issues we had to deal with. Had a reservation. Place wasn't busy, got there 10 min early and still took almost 20 min to seat us. Initial service was very timely and a great waitress. Placed our order and I ordered a glass a wine. Wife didn't order any but when mine arrived I was so impressed and she tried it and we ordered a second glass. Very bad (both smell and taste). Flagged down the waitress and were given a replacement glass that was much better. After a very long wait, salad finally arrived... food was great. After an even longer wait, steaks arrived but mine, ordered medium well.... was still mooing. Problem was fixed... but very uncharacteristic of Ruths ChrisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing for Ruth ChrisDineaholicVIPDined on 5/31/2014Having eaten at numerous Ruth Chris's around the country I felt that this would be a safe choice for my dining experience in Denver but was I wrong. Even though the restaurant was extremely slow when we arrived, service was terrible, after being seated it took 15 minutes for someone to acknowledge us. Any requests for additional drinks, etc. would take another 4 to 6 minutes. Dirty dishes remained on the table until we asked them to remove them. After meal was served, waiter did not return for ten minutes to check on order. Food was bad, started with the bread which was stale and not warmed up. The steaks were not prepared to order, medium was well, etc. Four tables around us sent food back for poor preparation. Will not return.
- Special Occasion DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/24/2014For the price, I would have expected better service; however, I was warned by a YELP review indicating it was possible. I ignored it, so my "BAD".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great Birthday!DineoutVIPDined on 5/18/2014We came for a birthday celebration and it was the best! Everything was perfect!Special Features:
- Fred49Dined on 5/17/2014We ate at Ruth's Chris on Saturday 5/17. Our party of 6 was seated late although the restaurant was not busy. Our server was friendly and took our orders promptly. Our salads came out rather fast and were fair at best. They seemed on the small side for the $9 to $11 price. Then it took over an hour to get our entrees. They taut their 500 degree plates and that was the only side of the steak that was hot! The top of every steak was cool to cold. After this experience we will never return to Ruth's Chris.
- Denver missed you!ZeldaDined on 5/16/2014Fabulous evening celebrating 2 birthdays! Great quality foods prepared perfectly! Loved the new petite ribeye for a smaller appetite. And the bone-in filet is genius! New York strips and crab cakes too. Their plates were quite hot, but not as sizzling as we remembered. Be sure to save room for dessert! Welcome back, Ruth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like it used to beDANnyVIPDined on 5/14/2014Disappointing The Barbeque shrimp was basically frozen shrimp from a grocery store warmed over in garlic butter. The Salad was the best part of the meal. The Ribeye was good, but not great. It was cooked to the correct temp, but it was not what I expected. I guess since I have not been to a Ruths Chris in 10 years things have changed.
- JAG1Dined on 5/11/2014We had a fabulous time at Ruth Chris in Denver. We were celebrating a college graduation and Ruth Chris definitely made it a celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennDined on 5/10/2014Amazing steak!! Service staff was very helpful and timing for food was great. We went with another couple and were actually able to hold a conversation without screaming across the table. The manager stopped by at the end of our meal to inquire about our experience, she kindly gave us a $25 gift card for Mother's Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014Wonderful food. Great service. Expect to pay for it but totally worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris back in DenverTangoHiltonDined on 5/2/2014It is great to have Ruth's Chris back in Denver! One of the best restaurants in town.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner at Ruth's ChrisAllyDined on 4/26/2014We have been to Ruth's Chris before just not in Denver. It was a special birthday so we thought we would try. The food was excellent but the service fell a bit short. The restaurant was busy so seemed like servers had too many tables. Its not like them as they are usually very attentive. We were a bit disappointed as we have come to enjoy the atmosphere and great food. Hoping it is because the restaurant is still new and adjusting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything as expected and moreSusanDined on 4/25/2014Great service, awesome steaks, and just a wonderful experience. Thanks Eddy!Special Features:
- The following 62 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Denver reviews archive.
- Easter BrunchchallDined on 4/20/2014Excellent wine menu, delicious seafood and steak, great group spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like it use to beKoko1986Dined on 4/19/2014I came here before when it was here a few years ago and it was great. I went tonight and it was good but the ambience was not the same. I felt like it wasn't up to par to capital grill or ocean prime. It was more "ghetto" to me. :/.Special Features:
- The perfect Steakhouse... almost...KellySDined on 4/13/2014Love the new location, very happy they are back in downtown Denver. You can't beat the Steaks, the potato dishes are all amazing... and I have yet to be disappointed by any of the limited specials. The only thing they need to improve is the beer list...Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/11/2014From the moment they open the door for you to welcome you in, until the the Whiskey Bread pudding,, a real delight in dining.Special Features: