Ruth's Chris Steak House - Denver
707 15th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: 3038250713
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday -Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Denver
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Denver, CO serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)notable wine list (31)romantic (30)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A Steak House out of Steak??OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014My first trip to Ruth's Chris Steak House was far less amazing then I expected. We sat down had time to review the menu and then went to order. We heard the fresh fish of the day which was the swordfish and so on. My boyfriend very excited about that ordered the fish but was unfortunately told they were out, a bit confused as to why we were told about it if you didn't have any left but ok. Then he decided to go with a bone-in filet....sorry we are also out of those....really?? So his next choice was the rib eye and not even kidding they were also out of that!! Manager came over to apologize said dessert was on him, but when we went to order dessert and asked for banana cream pie they just happened to be out of that as well. Just Awful!!!!Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris - Glad you're back!FrequentFlyerVIPDined on 8/25/2014We enjoyed the former Ruth's Chris on Market for a number of years. We're glad you're back in Denver on 15th, by the Hyatt Regency. The steak was superb. The space is beautiful -- the dining room is elegant and the bar is upscale/comfortable with a great happy hour menu. The regular bar menu is also reasonably priced. The service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious beef!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Portions of sides are quite generous for sharing. Although it is rather expensive, the quality was excellent. The staff were bright energetic and pleasant young men who took good care of us. The plates are brought hot...very hot....which was excellent. Quite a bit of butter on them, which seemed rather decadent. Although they were full, it was much less noisy than similar places, which was delightful. Quite pleased.Special Features:
- restaurant week dealJamrpaDined on 8/24/2014Overall it was a nice experience to a place that I'd only go on restaurant week or other deal. The service was very nice, welcoming outstanding. My family of three each ordered a different entrée which was great so we got to taste everything. My 6 oz filet was very very small, especially compared to the 6 oz filets that two others at my table were served. If mine was 4 oz it'd be pushing it! It was very tasty - just very small. The salmon portion served to my husband, on the other hand, was very generous. The chicken portion was large too. The mashed potatoes was a generous serving, that none of us at the table could finish. Suggest perhaps cutting back on the potatoes and serving a small portion of green veggie with each meal.Special Features:
- Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014My boyfriend and I went to Ruth's Chris downtown for restaurant week and had an amazing experience. The waiter was fantastic, the food came out quickly and was delicious. The drinks we ordered were classy and tasty. While we only came for restaurant week we will be returning for our anniversary dinner as it's such a romantic setting. We loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattiDined on 8/24/2014We had a fabulous meal at Ruth's Chris during Restaurant Week. The steaks were beyond delicious and perfectly cooked. I would definitely recommend the blue cheese crust. Sides and desserts were spectacular as wall. Overall one of the best meals I've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014I am super excited that this restaurant is back in Denver. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. The steak was melt in your mouth delicious. You've never had a real steak until you have had a Ruth's Chris steak. We had the steak off of the Restaurant Week menu; however, we have dined at this restaurant in other states paying the regular price. It is worth every $.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RUTHS CHRISOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Everything was outstanding, a little out of our budget to make it a regular thingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Lovely setting. I know the restaurant is still new and I made allowances for that, plus the fact that it was the first night of Denver Restaurant Week, but the service was not up to par. Other Ruth's Chris' we have dined at are always spot on. This one has quite a way to go to be on the same level. We placed our drink order and it took at least 10 minutes before the drinks arrived. The food was good, but the rib eye was not cooked as ordered. We'll try the restaurant again in a few months to see if the wrinkles are ironed out.Special Features:
- Derek AnguilmCarnivoreVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great food, oddly green service, just need bigger plates to allow for cutting of steak and placing sides on plate. They are like small saucers and tough to do what you normally would while eating. Our waiter was very green and didnt acknowledge or ask about our 15yr anniversary as i had setup ahead of time. He also oddly asked to take the $285 check after i signed it while we were wrapping up our meal. Feels like that could be fixed with training, as the service should match the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris DenvershayDined on 8/23/2014As usual, Ruth's Chris was great. The steaks are amazing and the service is always fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Went with a group of 6 for Denver Resturant Week. Had reservation and walked right in to our table - nice. Great full course meal, especially for the special price. Desert was wonderful. Didn't seem busy so wondered why service was a little slower than when I had been there on a regular night. Love the Ruth's Chris signature - everything is better with butter!Special Features:
- SolidOMG9Dined on 8/23/2014Once again, Ruth's Chris comes through. Dined here during restaurant week. The selection was limited to the mashed potato vs creamed spinach, but otherwise everything was great.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris on Restaurant WeekcarolneptuneDined on 8/23/2014Four of us had a wonderful experience at Ruth's Chris while taking advantage of the restaurant week specials. The staff was so professional and we were treated like royalty. We finally learned how the unusual name came about. Ruth bought a Chris Steak House in New Orleans. Naturally it became Ruth's Chris Steak House. We began with an order of sweet and spicy Asian flavored calamari ... so tender and tasty ... best I've had. Our steaks, which were topped with blue cheese were amazingly tender and sizzled in the butter. We shared the mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. We each ordered different desserts and each looked beautiful and were the perfect ending to a perfect meal. Even though it was a busy evening we never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak in DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014So happy Ruth's Chris is back in Denver. I told my friends it was the best steak in Denver, so RCSH had a lot to live up to. They are believers now!Special Features:
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Glad Ruth's Chris is back in town. My wife and I celebrated our Anniversary there. The food and specialty Martini's were fantastic. Possibly one of the best Rib-eye's I have had and my wife's fillet was perfect. Will come back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Our Waiter Thomas was outstanding, food was excellent - decided to go for Christmas Eve this year!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014our waiter was GREAT - didn't 'bug' us too much, but was always aware when we needed something...food was better than great, tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & serviceMoooVinOnDined on 7/27/2014Service was a little slow. Food was excellent - not exceptional. Noise level was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect MealMikeMDined on 7/24/2014Last time we visited this location, we ran into a number of issues around both the food and the service, but boy has it improved. While the previous experience was out of the norm we have experienced here, it was great to get back to the great food and service we have come to expect from Ruth's Chris. Steak was perfect, corn chowder was great and the wine superb. Top it all off with great and attentive service.Special Features:
- World ClassWoodlandsFrequentDinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014When you dine at Ruth's Chris, they make every experience an event. The food was superior, the service exceptional, and the event unparalleled. I notified them ahead of time it was a special occasion and they had our table ready - right down to the 'birthday' confetti on the table. Extraordinary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty mushroomsTravelerDined on 7/12/2014Sautéed mushrooms were too salty to eat. Replacement took so long that steaks were cool. Unbelievable, but the raplacement mushrooms were also not acceptable. Denver operation is not at the standard of other Ruth's Chris's we have enjoyed. Server was excellent
- Still working the kinks out...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014I am a huge Ruth's fan and know they will get the new restaurant kinks out. Steak came over cooked and it was lighting speed replaced. The server really paid attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shareable sides.BillDined on 7/5/2014Great Steak. Impeccable service. Enjoyed a reasonably priced 10 year old Bordeaux.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentFoodawesomenessVIPDined on 7/4/2014No matter which one you go to the steaks are always consistently great. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't go wrong here!Dhowie43Dined on 7/3/2014Food and service were excellent in a subdued and intimate atmosphere. The filet was excellent and a steak knife was not necessary for this tender cut of flavorful beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denver ConventionOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/30/2014Attentive service when we arrived. Solid dinner. Our party had the filet, ribeye and salad. Hard to have a bad meal here.Special Features:
- Something wasn't rightchicagobobVIPDined on 6/29/2014We were in town for a meeting. Have been to many Ruth Chris' across the country. My wife made the same wine request she always orders. For some reason our waiter felt the need to make it a discussion. Things deteriorated from there her steak wasn't properly cooked and the overall experience was not pleasant. Definitely our worst dining experience at a Ruth Chris restaurant.Special Features:
- Ruth's DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/26/2014Our first time at this spot was encouraging, but this last trip was highly disappointing. The service was mediocre because they did not have enough staff of for the lounge area. More importantly, my steak was mediocre at best. I had the ribeye and it was tasteless. Others at our table had their steaks arrive not to their liking temperature wise. Medium rare steaks were medium to well. One medium was clearly over cooked to the point of over well done. Very disappointing.
- WonderfulNicholsDined on 6/23/2014Great service - lots of little touches to help celebrate a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow and burntBrine3210Dined on 6/21/2014I had high hopes for Ruth's Chris having really enjoyed me experience there years ago. We arrived a few minutes early and were seated promptly. The staff seemed nice and up beat. This is when things started to drag. We appreciate a well timed dinner and like when a reataurant doesn't seem to be pushing you out. This wasn't that. Things were just SLOW. It took forever to get a drink order in and then longer to get the drinks. On a recommendation we decided on the porterhouse for two. There was no mention that it comes burnt. But even cooked at medium that is what it was. The inside meat was good but the after tasted was just burned flesh. We then waited twenty minutes for anyone to clear our plates. Price was huge, food was bad. Don't go.
- satdinersatdinerDined on 6/15/2014Even though the restaurant was not crowded, it took a long time to get our food. My steak was not cooked as I had requested. My husband was almost finished with his meal before I received my steak. The chef did come out and apologize and gave us extra green beans. Our waiter disappeared for long periods of time. We asked to see the dessert menu and waited and waited for him to return. Finally, we got the attention of the manager and complained. He apologized and took our dessert orders. He gave us one of the desserts free. The manager was eager to make our dinning experience pleasant but why was the restaurant having all of these problems. Other diners also seemed to have to wait a long time for their entrees and desserts.Special Features:
- Met the new boyfriendSchultz132VIPDined on 6/14/2014We (four of us) went to Ruths Chris to meet my daughters new boyfriend for the first time. We had a drink at the bar and the bartender was great. The drinks were good. Then, we were seated. The server (I cannot remember her name) was way too casual for a fine dining restaurant. She for got one glass of wine during the meal, she didn't know anything about the dessert wines, she didn't act interested in our questions about the menu - she just pushed us through our order. Didn't love it. Wouldn't go back. We will gladly spend $354 somewhere else.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014Prefer crab instead of a crab cake with my filet oscar, chocolate brownie dessert was good but too much going on with the cream and whatever was under it, bigger plates would be great!Special Features:
- FANTASTIC PLACE TO DINEsd75Dined on 6/14/2014THIS IS A GREAT DINNING EXPERIENCE FOR COUPLES OR FAMILIES HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTEDSpecial Features:
- MartaVIPDined on 6/9/2014The food and service were wonderful. We really liked the prefix menu and the choices that we had.Special Features:
- dodof7VIPDined on 6/6/2014The food was very good and the service as well. I recommend to anyone who likes a good steak.Special Features:
- slow servicePopsVIPDined on 5/31/2014I frequent RC all over the country,this one has to have the slowest most amateur service I have received.We purposely selected a later reservation 9.00pm to allow for the rush of a Saturday night crowd get there due service,only to find out the crowd wasn't there and for good reason! Salad took 30 minutes followed by the entree another 30 minutes. My wife had a salad myself a ribeye medium,nothing that would cause our order to take as long as it did. The food turned out to be ok not great.Special Features:
- Surprised and DisappointedMikeMDined on 5/31/2014Love this place, but most recent visit had way to many issues we had to deal with. Had a reservation. Place wasn't busy, got there 10 min early and still took almost 20 min to seat us. Initial service was very timely and a great waitress. Placed our order and I ordered a glass a wine. Wife didn't order any but when mine arrived I was so impressed and she tried it and we ordered a second glass. Very bad (both smell and taste). Flagged down the waitress and were given a replacement glass that was much better. After a very long wait, salad finally arrived... food was great. After an even longer wait, steaks arrived but mine, ordered medium well.... was still mooing. Problem was fixed... but very uncharacteristic of Ruths ChrisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing for Ruth ChrisDineaholicVIPDined on 5/31/2014Having eaten at numerous Ruth Chris's around the country I felt that this would be a safe choice for my dining experience in Denver but was I wrong. Even though the restaurant was extremely slow when we arrived, service was terrible, after being seated it took 15 minutes for someone to acknowledge us. Any requests for additional drinks, etc. would take another 4 to 6 minutes. Dirty dishes remained on the table until we asked them to remove them. After meal was served, waiter did not return for ten minutes to check on order. Food was bad, started with the bread which was stale and not warmed up. The steaks were not prepared to order, medium was well, etc. Four tables around us sent food back for poor preparation. Will not return.