Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar
11582 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3505/San-Diego/Del-Mar
- Phone: 8587551454
- Hours of Operation:
Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Neftali Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in San Diego, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Del Mar offers 2 private rooms, the Torrey Pines room seats up to 30 guests while the Mezzanine/Upstairs seats up to 85 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Bobby Daitch 8772750570
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar
Ruth's Chris Steak House in San Diego (Del Mar), CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)romantic (37)notable wine list (32)scenic view (30)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (7)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- It was good!!abscVIPDined on 9/8/2014The food and service were excellent. We loved the shoe string potatoes, great steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word...THE BEST!!!GoodEatsDined on 9/6/2014OK so that's 2 words...Everything was the best we have ever had from service to food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had a great celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Service was great. Food was very good. plates were just as big as the steak so it made it difficult for cutting and sidesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Waitress Ive had in yearsAnnettemypetDined on 9/4/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 21st anniversary. We have dined this establishment before and wanted to give it another try after our last experience. When you go to Ruth's Chris, you should order steak, and the last visit I had ordered seafood. When the hostess sat us, I wasn't thrilled with the booth, a highly trafficked area. When Sheena greeted us, she was charming with a great sense of humor and she aimed to please. Sheena was the most exceptional waitress, she really, really wanted this to be a special occasion for us. She truly listened to what kind of pallets we had and made the perfect recommendations when it came to ordering cocktails, red wine and the best dessert to top it off. Always Order the bone-in!Special Features:
- just a great place and experiencetilesVIPDined on 9/3/2014you can never go wrong at Ruth's Chris in Del Mar. From the minute you walk in the door you know it is going to be a good dinner. Everyone is attentive and the food is great. Menu is a delight - If you like steak there is non better in town. I had the filet and friends had the lamb chops - came to the table sizzling and delicious. Wine list is great - from affordable pairings w dinner to some really nice high end wines. Wait staff doesn't hover but always seems to be there to pour another glass of wine. We go there a lot for the special nights and generally start w the folks in the bar. Nice to start there w a drink and conversation w the folks sitting around waiting to be seated. Recommend this as a great go to restaurantSpecial Features:
- Can't go WrongSocalFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Always awesome! Service impeccable, cocktails amazing. Food: To. Die. For. BBQ shrimp. Ahi, soups, steaks. Always on par. A favorite anytime!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Does not disappoint. Notified the host that we were running behind and didn't have any problems. Thanks for a fabulous dinner before our John Legend concert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceRachelDined on 8/22/2014We gave this restaurant another after a dining experience with disappointing service because the manager had found out about the lack of attention from our server and offered his assurances that it was not their usual standard of service. We're glad we came back because the food was great, the service was great, and the environment was comfortable (not too formal, not too casual). We will be back again. Thanks!Special Features:
- OutstandingBob56Dined on 8/18/2014Recent dinner was terrific! Handled last-minute reservation perfectly, seated us at table with excellent view right away, waiter helped us save a few bucks by offering prix fixe with a few substitutions to match what we were ready to order (waiter and server Chris were top-notch), corkage was reasonable, and ambiance was great. Recently had a couple slip-ups at the restaurant with some order mistakes or delays, but everything was perfect for us this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowGloberVIPDined on 8/16/2014One of the very best restaurants in all of San Diego - everything outstanding!
- Still my favorite steak houseSkipDined on 8/14/2014I have had many wonderful meals at Ruth's Chris Steak House, this was not one of them. The first rib eye, ordered medium rare, arrived medium well. The Manager saw Me cutting and examining the steak, came right over and apologized. He took the steak and brought back another one which was rare. Not wanting any further adou, I said it was fine. It was also the poorest quality of meat I have had at RCSH. the quality of service was excellent! The side dishes and dessert were really good! The Manager, waiters and hostesses were wonderful! I'll be back; we all make unintended errors sometimes. Thanks 30+ years of great meals!Special Features:
- Love the SizzleKGirlDined on 8/13/2014We can always expect and get the best steak! Love coming here and the location is close to home. Great bar and happy hour, but often really crowded.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014We have celebrated a few Ann Dinners eating at Ruths Chris. This By far has been the best experience in our 22 years of marriage. We have dined all over the world at Ruth's Chris but Wow this locations was amazing. The hostess asked us if we were celebrating anything, we mentioned it was our 22nd Ann and before we knew it she was gone and back escorting us to our table. When we saw our table we both were shocked at the attention to detail. The hostess had arranged red rose petals and confetti on the table. She told us that they wanted to make this the best night ever. Boy she wasn't kidding. Our waiter had been filled in and greeted us with Happy 22nd Ann and thank you for celebrating it with us. The whole night was perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mcschnoodles03Dined on 8/2/2014We have dined here at least 7 times. We were seated at the same table 3 out of 7 (all but one time we were a couple). The server was clearly over whelmed. I ordered a medium well steak with a hot buttered plate in case it wasn't cooked to my liking. We had 4 servers and a manager in 2 hours, so there was confusion. My medium -well steak was in the words of the server "rare at best". By the time I got my man course my husband was finished his t-bone.Special Features:
- the1guyDined on 8/1/2014you dont even need a knife for the steaks, the view is awesome and service is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice touchpecasbillDined on 7/30/2014I noticed that my wife's menu had a lower price for an item than mine did. I thought I would have a little fun so I told the waiter that I would have the item at the price on her menu not the price on my menu. Of course the check came with the price on my menu as expected. We brought our own bottle of wine. When the check came I noticed that there was no corkage fee for the wine and told the waiter that he forgot to charge me. He said that he and management discussed the corkage fee and decided to wave the charge because I pointed out the menu pricing error. I told waiter that it was not necessary but much appreciated. As usual, a lovely dinner with great service.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceJudyHDined on 7/29/2014We were escorted to our table immediately and as I had expressed it was my daughter's 50th birthday as we were seated they sprinkled little happy birthday "dust' all around the center of table. We opened our menu's and there at top of the menu page they had printed on a machine Happy 50th birthday Cindy Davis. It was on all our men yes. So classy and memorable. She asked if she could take that page home and they brought her all four if our menus. It was a night to remember and she couldn't wait to take a picture of menu & put it on Facebook. Thank you for sending the correct info to Ruth Chris in Del Mar, CASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionAnniversaryDined on 7/25/2014Took my wife to Ruth Chris in Carmel Valley location for anniversary. I used the third party florist on website to deliver flowers on site = really nice. Bar was a bit small and had to wait till seating was available = happy hour and Friday so understandable however bar does seem undersized. Service was very good and we were seated up stairs = no view but quieter location. Difficult for waiters to deliver food up & downstairs = no dumbwaiter. Food was excellent. We went for the seafood that evening and dinner for two. All in all I thought everything was done well. Expect to spend in the $250 bracket (2 people food, champagne, cocktails) for a nice evening dining experience.Special Features:
- Unusually disappointingCityGirlVIPDined on 7/25/2014My friends and I have dined at this Ruth's Chris location and did not have any problem with our order. This time was filled with problems with our order not being cooked to order. Maybe the kitchen staff was new, but we had to send back two dinners because the kitchen added sauce that we specifically requested to not be topped on our steaks and the steaks were cooked the wrong done-ness. The server upgraded our desserts for free and gave us a partial credit on one Ruth's Classic dinner. We will have to reconsider this location for future visits to Del Mar. The Ruth's location in Irvine would never make such critical errors.
- Always Nice....OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/23/2014...this location had great sunset lighting filling the dining room! Always a nice dinner regardless of the location for RC!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday night!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014I was able to get a last minute reservation and service was fantastic. They gave us a couple options on where we would want to sit and I really appreciate that. Food was well prepared and presented well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceIntheknowVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have been to a few different Ruth's Chris and this one is by far the best. From the moment you walk through the door your evening is perfection. The Ruth's team goes out of their way to make sure your dining experience is supurb....we can't wait to come back. And, we are always so happy to see the lovely and joyous Miss Shelby. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Kywaigrl53Dined on 7/19/2014Was greeted warmly by a very friendly Hostess. Although it took awhile before we were acknowledged by Lynn, our server, our Dining Room Attendent, Graham, was personable, attentive, and provided outstanding service. I ordered my fave, Ribeye steak and as usual, it was the best! My husband had the lobster/steak combination and truly enjoyed it. This Del Mar location is the best in San Diego and located close to where we live. We highly recommend this restaurant to everyond. Sincerely, ChrisineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So impress w/ their service & food!Dine4goodDined on 7/16/2014I was at ahh that they had a customized menu for us- when I book online I told them it's our "14th Yr Anniversary" they went above & beyond and printed customized menu. Appetizers and steaks are always superb-five star that's why we come here to eat good steak!! Gem in the neighborhood. Love it here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-Day SurpriseandreinkDined on 7/14/2014Swept my wife away for a 50th B-Day Surprise Staycation at Rancho Valencia Resort. Last minute plans changed after finding out the resorts main dinning room, Veladora was closed Mondays. Ruth's Chris was very accommodating with our requests, and Open Table made this very easy to book a table for five with an hours notice. Our waiter made the evening meal an experience worth returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/10/2014Had a great meal with great service!! Wine list is pricy, but a good selection.Special Features:
- Another GREAT Ruth's ChrisJaniceVIPDined on 7/5/2014We've dined at several Ruth Chris and this one did not disappoint!Special Features:
- Nice for romantic dinnersItsrobynbDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I enjoy going to nice steak restaurants; especially for special occasions. This was our 11th anniversary, and we chose a San Diego favorite. Even though our romantic dinner ended up including a "plus one," due to having no babysitter at the last minute, we had an excellent meal. The filet was amazing, as usual, and I really loved the chop salad. The server was very accommodating to meet the picky needs of our 9-year-old, and our view was amazing!Special Features:
- July 4th at Ruth'sMissChardieDined on 7/4/2014Decided that we would give Ruth's a try on the 4th of July. We have been there many times, but never on July 4th. We didn't have plans for the beach or fireworks, and I'm so happy that we didn't. Ruth's was excellent!! I had requested a booth through Open Table and they gave us a perfect table. It wasn't too crowded; which I was hoping would be the case. Our food was prepared perfectly!! Our wine was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak place in Del MarjpollVIPDined on 6/28/2014We were there to celebrate an anniversary and a birthday. The food was great, the ambiance was wonderful and our waiter did a superb job. Can't say more about our wonderful experience that we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the Line Food and ServiceBankmomDined on 6/28/2014We have found Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar to be our favorite place to celebrate a special occasion or just to splurge on a nice dinner out. The food and service are consistently excellent and while very attentive, the servers don't feel intrusive. Everytime we have gone to this restaurant, the manager comes by each table and seems truly interested in making sure the diners' experience is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just great as usualGaryGVIPDined on 6/21/2014Food was delicious, fresh, well presented, perfect proportions. The service was excellent. We were welcomed like family. Perfect place to go for a special occasion or to make going there the special occasion.Special Features:
- Phone Number Help Return PurseDinnerWithaViewDined on 6/20/2014We had a lovely birthday dinner for my daughter. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. I prearranged our reservation for the evening on OpenTable and at the time had to give my phone number and e-mail. I left without my purse and received a call before we got back to the hotel room that they had found my purse! Yea! I also received a reservation confirmation prior to arriving confirming the reservation and I appreciated it because it was an unusual time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stand out placetilesVIPDined on 6/17/2014As always this is a great spot to catch up w friends, relax and have a great steak. Everyone from the General Manager to the folks in the bar and dining room are on top of their game.Special Features:
- Excellent ServicerhermerDined on 6/15/2014My triple celebration was beautifully handled by our hostess. Father's Day, daughter's high school graduation and son's university graduation were made so much more enjoyable with participation of the house staff. Many thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day at Ruth's ChrisFoodieGalDined on 6/15/2014All in all it was a good experience. The food is the most consistent factor here - it was all good. It was extra busy because it was a holiday and they had 2 related issues of note. They were very behind on their bookings (1 half hour). The hostess suggested the bar to every family walking in, which was ridiculous considering every family walking in had children or minors with them because it was Father's Day. The service was rushed in many cases, and not the polished service we have had there before. We were not given a wine list/cocktail list when we were seated, and at one point the table busboy offered to take my husband's food which he was visibly still eating (he had his fork mid-air). Servers were polite, though, & food good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful foodsdgalDined on 5/31/2014We went to this restaurant for a birthday celebration. Our waitress was very attentive and patient with us as we took time to thoroughly peruse our menus. The food was perfectly prepared and our desserts were scrumptious. We have already decided to return for our next birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty good steakJbeenDined on 5/29/2014We liked the restaurant. This was our first time here. The. Location is kind of in a very random spot. You get a spectacular view of the freeway. The food was good, although not really to order. My fiance and I ordered the ribeye. I got the 12oz, my fiance got the 16oz. We both asked for medium, but when we cut into the steak, it had no pink inside. It was very tasty, but steak should be cooked to what we want. I mean your spending $45 or more. Louis on his name tag or Luis as it said on our receipt was very nice. He did a wonderful job of serving us. The saving grace of the night. Dessert was pretty average too. We had the bread pudding. I was expecting a little more flavor. Oh well. It was a decent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/26/2014We went to Ruth's Chris for a special anniversary as we thought it would be a guaranteed good place for steak. It wasn't good. The Filet Mignon was disappointing, a very poor piece of meat. I recently went to Roth's Chris in Boston and it was very good. I won't be going back to the one in Del Mar. When the steak is very expensive it should be very good.
- The following 785 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar reviews archive.
- This can be fixed!MikeVIPDined on 5/10/2014Been to this location many times over the years, good food, nice location, great wait staff. Unfortunately the reservation times during evenings are very poorly managed. Dined there on may 10. Reservation for 715 and seated at 8. Bar area packed with no room to sit and have a drink. Unfortunately this is my 3rd in row exact same issue at this location; all weekend dinner bookings. The reservation hostes wasn't helpful when asked when we'll have a table; answer; as soon as we get tables from last seating cleared! Fairly poor experience to start a special occasion of any sorts; waiting around. I hope the management fixes this problem. It can be fixed!