Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar
11582 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3505/San-Diego/Del-Mar
- Phone: (858) 755-1454
- Hours of Operation:
Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Neftali Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in San Diego, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Del Mar offers 2 private rooms, the Torrey Pines room seats up to 30 guests while the Mezzanine/Upstairs seats up to 85 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Bobby Daitch 8772750570
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar
Ruth's Chris Steak House in San Diego (Del Mar), CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)romantic (52)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (40)notable wine list (39)scenic view (35)neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (9)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Food subpar, drinks are exceptional.HarryVIPDined on 11/20/2014This is the second time we have been to Ruth's Chris in a row that the food has been quite poor. All of us ordered the surf and turf (2 lobster tails + filet), filet ordered medium RARE. What came out for each person was overcooked brown in the middle, highly WELL DONE tough shoe leather. So that's four pieces of filet, completely overcooked and ruined. When we were almost done the server asked us how we were doing, so we told her about the meat... and all she said was "Oh you should have told me, I would have re-cooked it for you!" Nice effort, but too little, too late. Nobody wants to be a PITA diner... and at a restaurant of this caliber (steakhouse, so they should know how to cook steak!) we shouldn't have to point it out. On top of that, the lobster tails were so incredibly salty that we had to ask for extra lemon to wash it off. I like a lot of salt, but this was even too much salt for me. The only thing that was good was the sweet potato casserole and the coconut ginger lemondrop martinis. I will come back (to the BAR) for drinks in the future, but we are quite soured on Ruth's Chris for food/dinner... especially considering our $350 dinner tab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating our 49th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014We were in San Diego for our Anniversary. Have eaten at Ruth's Chris in Seattle but this seemed nicer. The sweet potato casserole was amazing. I would have eaten only that but my petite fillet was so tender. Our waiter & bus boy (?) were so attentive. Enjoyed every moment of our dining experience. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!PablosalglezDined on 11/17/2014Ruth's Chris is among my favorite steak houses! Add great service, great wine, and a nice atmosphere, and you win in all possible ways!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatWhitelionDined on 11/10/2014Can't get a better steak anywhere else and the sides are my favorite ...service always professionalSpecial Features:
- Not as good as I rememberednellyCDined on 11/8/2014The place was busy and I usually get great food and service but this time, my ribeye was overcooked! I was not a very satisfied customer. Not only was my steak overcooked, my friend's was also.Special Features:
- Great fact dinnerGreatEatsDined on 11/8/2014Great steak and sides. The sweet potato casserole is better than the potato au gratin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningHappyDinerDined on 11/7/2014The food was excellent, the service was excellent, and everyone, EVERYONE, right down to the doorman was friendly, smiling, and super nice. Couldn't ask for a better experience. We went to celebrate a birthday. The charming "Happy Birthday" bits they put all over the table are such a cute touch. I know it's just to alert everyone that's it's a birthday, but it's just the extra touch that makes it extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service and FoodDisappointedDined on 11/7/2014Party of 6, and some of us waited 30 minutes for our drinks. Had to remind our server multiple times. Finally had to tell the manager. My steak was not how I ordered it. It was not blackened and overcooked so had to send it back. If this was Morton's or Donovan's, I would not have this kind of service and any time you send your steak back, you don't pay for it. They take care of you and they have top notch service and quality steaks. At Ruth's Chris, you don't get what you paid for and for what you paid, it was not worth it!!
- Nice to be BackTBrezDined on 11/5/2014It's been a while since I have dined at this location, usually venturing to downtown San Diego. Got to meet a friend for dinner, so we picked this spot to see what we've been missing. Steaks were perfectly prepared and served and the sides did not disappoint. Lynn our waiter was entertaining and efficient.Special Features:
- FlowerladyFlowerladyDined on 11/3/2014We love going to the Del Mar Ruth Chris - great service, elegant, beautiful views and the food is always good. I definitely would recommend this particular Ruth Chris to anyone visiting the area. We went for my birthday - requested a window seat and they first sat us in a tight high traffic table. I was disappointed to say the least but kept my opinion to myself. Fortunately, the person seating us and the hostess connected and she told him that we had requested a window table. He came and apologize and promptly moved us to a great window table. Great move on their part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014we received greetings, from all. When we entered the restaurant, from the guys that ran the car concession, to the front desk, to the waiter, manager and bus boys....we had a wonderful table...the service was attentive, unobtrusive and really, just the best, we tipped as such....the food was excellent and cooked just the we wanted it...we have been your customers. ever since I owned a company in Austin Texas, in the late 70s..Ivisted your two restaurants there, in Louisiana often, with all my execs........One suggestion thou, your portions of wine by the glass was very seventies, I think you need to increase the wine by the glass a smidgen.Special Features:
- Benchmark for SteakhousesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/27/2014Always great, but, man, it's expensive. Try the "classics" prix-fixe meal. Offers a salad, steak (or seafood) and desert for a reasonable price.Special Features:
- VeryDelMarDined on 10/25/2014I hadn't been to a Ruth Chris in several years (I typically avoid chains) but I do attend a fair amount of business dinners and frequent steak houses in the SoCal area. In the past I have always had positive things to say about Ruth Chris...it's Ruth Chris for goodness sake...but wow...our steaks were thin and tough. There is no way they were USDA Prime. The crab cakes smelled and should have been sent back but my wife is too nice. My cocktail had the wrong gin in it, my wedge salad had very little dressing and the sides were mediocre. My 12 yr old daughter told me "Dad your steaks are better than the ones we had last night"...not the thing you wanna hear we you just spent $50 a steak. The service was great though. I won't be back.
- AWESOMELanaigirlDined on 10/25/2014Had a wonderful time! One of my favorite places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Rocks!mberDined on 10/20/2014Our steaks were fabulous, perfectly cooked as were our shared sides and ahi tuna appetizer. Service was outstanding without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSaulilloDined on 10/18/2014I am not giving 5 stars only because of my table being on the corner which was not the best way to celebrate my birthday. But I have to admit everything else was PERFECT. Service was great, food was delicious and the ambiance fantastic. Will definitely go back but hoping not to get a terrible table location like this time.Special Features:
- my wife's birthdayGreatLunchVIPDined on 10/6/2014Was a very nice and fun evening . All the staff was very friendly and efficient . great food and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated...MojomanDined on 10/4/2014Do not go to Ruth's Chris if you are looking for value or truly 5 star food. The steaks were excellent to be certain, but no more remarkable than offerings you'd get at other restaurants with similar menu offerings 30-40% lower in price. The service was excellent, however. Appetizers and table bread were excellent, sides were very good, but everything is a la carte unless you choose their prix fixe menu. Expect a $200.00 tab for two with appetizer, salad, entree, two sides and two cocktails, not counting tip. The very pleasant dining area decor is of understated elegance with an adequate space between tables to have a semi-private conversation. This restaurant was worth going to once. That's about it.Special Features:
- Always good.cardiffdinerDined on 10/4/2014Again, we had an excellent dining experience at Ruth's Chris. We came for my mom's birthday (she had always wanted to come) and it didn't disappoint. Of the 6 in our group, 5 of us got steak (fillet) and everyone enjoyed it very much. The sides were great as well (spinach, scallop potatoes, and mushrooms.) Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- great steaks and beautiful viewdiningdaneDined on 10/2/2014We went with our kids and had a lovely meal during the extension of the San Diego restaurant week. Really good choices on the menu and at a great value. Kids' menu also really good. Amazing steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATrodgerDined on 10/1/2014Ruth's Chris has been a favorite for years, this visit was as good or better than in the pastSpecial Features:
- Impeccable ServiceMicheleVIPDined on 9/27/2014We tend to dine out at least once a week and Ruth's Chris Steak House in Del Mar was by far the BEST customer service we have ever had. Everyone was so accommodating and friendly. And the food was phenomenal. I highly recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFoodieDined on 9/26/2014Excellent service and food. Will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE Best Deal for Restaurant WeekJMeezeeDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I come to Ruth's Chris every time Restaurant Week comes around. The food and the service are always top-notch, and the value of the Restaurant Week dinner menu can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedmeh0128Dined on 9/26/2014This is the 3rd Ruth Chris I've been to and each time has been awesome. The food, the atmosphere and the service has been top notch. Oh and my drinks were very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodlindysuDined on 9/26/2014We went to Ruth'S Cris Steak House for our anniversary during restaurant week. They put rose petals on our table & our waitress was terrific she brought us a special dessert even though we ordered the restaurant week menu. Lots of food that was all very good. I am not much of a steak person but my filet was done to perfection. The only thing that I found somewhat dismaying is some of the other diners. This is a beautiful expensive restaurant, a place to dress nicely & have an enjoyable meal. Some of the other diners looked like they had been going to MacDonalds rather than someplace nice. Shame on them.Special Features:
- the steak placemggalDined on 9/26/2014This is the best place to enjoy during restaurant week! The value is amazing, and it is the only spot where I order steak. I like mine very rare and no other restaurant cooks it to my liking. I look forward to a great meal at R. Chris'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKSantaluzerDined on 9/25/2014We have been to RC several times and the service is always great. The food this trip was OK but below the standard and our expectation.
- Everything was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Can't rate this anything but the best. Great food and service from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner!EatingoutVIPDined on 9/25/2014We really enjoyed our meal. Everyone was very attentive. The appetizer was exceptional. I will definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!JAMRanckDined on 9/24/2014We came here with our 1 y/o son during restaurant week and we had a pleasant experience. The food was delicious, most of the staff were very nice, and the manager, Danny came up and asked us how was our meal. However, we didn't really see much of our server, John. He was busy with other tables. But other servers were very attentive. I wish I remembered their names but I think it was Jordan and another guy with red hair (not bright red). SDRW menu they offered were delicious and I am glad they brought the stuffed mushroom back. They did not minimize the food they offer, however, they should be more generous with the side dishes. Yet, everything else was fine. Thank you Ruth's Chris of Delmar! We will be back again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub-Par for Restaurant Week?GoodEaterDined on 9/24/2014Granted, I haven't been to a Ruth's Chris in over 15 years, so my memory of it as being excellent may have been enhanced by the passage of time. It was a decent steak, perfectly cooked, but it was not a life-changing meal by any stretch of the imagination. Definitely not worth the price tag. Our Restaurant Week "bargain" ended up at $150 out the door, and I only had one cocktail and my husband had one domestic beer. It really didn't live up to the hype. Not sure if it's the quality of the whole chain or just this location, but I won't be going back. There are better places to spend my hard-earned cash.
- jkw82Dined on 9/23/2014Decided to take advantage of San Diego Restaurant Week and have a romantic night out. Kind of impossible to enjoy when your surrounded by screaming toddlers and loud preteens watching movies on their parents phone. Since this a multi-level restaurant, how about seating those with kids in one area and those sans kids someplace else? This is coming from a mother of 2 young kids, including a screaming toddler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeCopycateatersDined on 9/21/2014The food was delicious and the service was very good. Loved it and we will definitely be back. Told co-workers about it and they are going this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special dinnerWesBDined on 9/21/2014Really enjoyed the prompt and continued service. Food (rib-eye and filet) was delicious and cooked perfectly. Crab stuffed mushrooms and seared Ahi were great too. We were a party of 4 and had a great table on the 2nd floor. Highly recommended if you haven't tried this place, or return if you have.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantdinerpdpDined on 9/21/2014Excellent food. Fabulous service. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steaksdgalDined on 9/20/2014This has become our favorite restaurant for special occasions. Every time we go to Ruth's Chris, we leave exclaiming, "that was the best steak I have ever had!" The entire dining experience is worth the expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good!!abscVIPDined on 9/8/2014The food and service were excellent. We loved the shoe string potatoes, great steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word...THE BEST!!!GoodEatsDined on 9/6/2014OK so that's 2 words...Everything was the best we have ever had from service to food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had a great celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Service was great. Food was very good. plates were just as big as the steak so it made it difficult for cutting and sidesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.