Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar
11582 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3505/San-Diego/Del-Mar
- Phone: 8587551454
- Hours of Operation:
Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Neftali Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in San Diego, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Del Mar offers 2 private rooms, the Torrey Pines room seats up to 30 guests while the Mezzanine/Upstairs seats up to 85 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Bobby Daitch 8772750570
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar
Ruth's Chris Steak House in San Diego (Del Mar), CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)romantic (53)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (40)good for groups (38)scenic view (35)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Benchmark for SteakhousesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/27/2014Always great, but, man, it's expensive. Try the "classics" prix-fixe meal. Offers a salad, steak (or seafood) and desert for a reasonable price.Special Features:
- VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I hadn't been to a Ruth Chris in several years (I typically avoid chains) but I do attend a fair amount of business dinners and frequent steak houses in the SoCal area. In the past I have always had positive things to say about Ruth Chris...it's Ruth Chris for goodness sake...but wow...our steaks were thin and tough. There is no way they were USDA Prime. The crab cakes smelled and should have been sent back but my wife is too nice. My cocktail had the wrong gin in it, my wedge salad had very little dressing and the sides were mediocre. My 12 yr old daughter told me "Dad your steaks are better than the ones we had last night"...not the thing you wanna hear we you just spent $50 a steak. The service was great though. I won't be back.
- AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Had a wonderful time! One of my favorite places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Rocks!mberDined on 10/20/2014Our steaks were fabulous, perfectly cooked as were our shared sides and ahi tuna appetizer. Service was outstanding without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSaulilloDined on 10/18/2014I am not giving 5 stars only because of my table being on the corner which was not the best way to celebrate my birthday. But I have to admit everything else was PERFECT. Service was great, food was delicious and the ambiance fantastic. Will definitely go back but hoping not to get a terrible table location like this time.Special Features:
- my wife's birthdayGreatLunchVIPDined on 10/6/2014Was a very nice and fun evening . All the staff was very friendly and efficient . great food and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated...MojomanDined on 10/4/2014Do not go to Ruth's Chris if you are looking for value or truly 5 star food. The steaks were excellent to be certain, but no more remarkable than offerings you'd get at other restaurants with similar menu offerings 30-40% lower in price. The service was excellent, however. Appetizers and table bread were excellent, sides were very good, but everything is a la carte unless you choose their prix fixe menu. Expect a $200.00 tab for two with appetizer, salad, entree, two sides and two cocktails, not counting tip. The very pleasant dining area decor is of understated elegance with an adequate space between tables to have a semi-private conversation. This restaurant was worth going to once. That's about it.Special Features:
- Always good.cardiffdinerDined on 10/4/2014Again, we had an excellent dining experience at Ruth's Chris. We came for my mom's birthday (she had always wanted to come) and it didn't disappoint. Of the 6 in our group, 5 of us got steak (fillet) and everyone enjoyed it very much. The sides were great as well (spinach, scallop potatoes, and mushrooms.) Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- great steaks and beautiful viewdiningdaneDined on 10/2/2014We went with our kids and had a lovely meal during the extension of the San Diego restaurant week. Really good choices on the menu and at a great value. Kids' menu also really good. Amazing steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATrodgerDined on 10/1/2014Ruth's Chris has been a favorite for years, this visit was as good or better than in the pastSpecial Features:
- Impeccable ServiceMicheleVIPDined on 9/27/2014We tend to dine out at least once a week and Ruth's Chris Steak House in Del Mar was by far the BEST customer service we have ever had. Everyone was so accommodating and friendly. And the food was phenomenal. I highly recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFoodieDined on 9/26/2014Excellent service and food. Will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE Best Deal for Restaurant WeekJMeezeeDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I come to Ruth's Chris every time Restaurant Week comes around. The food and the service are always top-notch, and the value of the Restaurant Week dinner menu can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedmeh0128Dined on 9/26/2014This is the 3rd Ruth Chris I've been to and each time has been awesome. The food, the atmosphere and the service has been top notch. Oh and my drinks were very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodlindysuDined on 9/26/2014We went to Ruth'S Cris Steak House for our anniversary during restaurant week. They put rose petals on our table & our waitress was terrific she brought us a special dessert even though we ordered the restaurant week menu. Lots of food that was all very good. I am not much of a steak person but my filet was done to perfection. The only thing that I found somewhat dismaying is some of the other diners. This is a beautiful expensive restaurant, a place to dress nicely & have an enjoyable meal. Some of the other diners looked like they had been going to MacDonalds rather than someplace nice. Shame on them.Special Features:
- the steak placemggalDined on 9/26/2014This is the best place to enjoy during restaurant week! The value is amazing, and it is the only spot where I order steak. I like mine very rare and no other restaurant cooks it to my liking. I look forward to a great meal at R. Chris'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKSantaluzerDined on 9/25/2014We have been to RC several times and the service is always great. The food this trip was OK but below the standard and our expectation.
- Everything was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Can't rate this anything but the best. Great food and service from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner!EatingoutVIPDined on 9/25/2014We really enjoyed our meal. Everyone was very attentive. The appetizer was exceptional. I will definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!JAMRanckDined on 9/24/2014We came here with our 1 y/o son during restaurant week and we had a pleasant experience. The food was delicious, most of the staff were very nice, and the manager, Danny came up and asked us how was our meal. However, we didn't really see much of our server, John. He was busy with other tables. But other servers were very attentive. I wish I remembered their names but I think it was Jordan and another guy with red hair (not bright red). SDRW menu they offered were delicious and I am glad they brought the stuffed mushroom back. They did not minimize the food they offer, however, they should be more generous with the side dishes. Yet, everything else was fine. Thank you Ruth's Chris of Delmar! We will be back again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub-Par for Restaurant Week?GoodEaterDined on 9/24/2014Granted, I haven't been to a Ruth's Chris in over 15 years, so my memory of it as being excellent may have been enhanced by the passage of time. It was a decent steak, perfectly cooked, but it was not a life-changing meal by any stretch of the imagination. Definitely not worth the price tag. Our Restaurant Week "bargain" ended up at $150 out the door, and I only had one cocktail and my husband had one domestic beer. It really didn't live up to the hype. Not sure if it's the quality of the whole chain or just this location, but I won't be going back. There are better places to spend my hard-earned cash.
- jkw82Dined on 9/23/2014Decided to take advantage of San Diego Restaurant Week and have a romantic night out. Kind of impossible to enjoy when your surrounded by screaming toddlers and loud preteens watching movies on their parents phone. Since this a multi-level restaurant, how about seating those with kids in one area and those sans kids someplace else? This is coming from a mother of 2 young kids, including a screaming toddler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeCopycateatersDined on 9/21/2014The food was delicious and the service was very good. Loved it and we will definitely be back. Told co-workers about it and they are going this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special dinnerWesBDined on 9/21/2014Really enjoyed the prompt and continued service. Food (rib-eye and filet) was delicious and cooked perfectly. Crab stuffed mushrooms and seared Ahi were great too. We were a party of 4 and had a great table on the 2nd floor. Highly recommended if you haven't tried this place, or return if you have.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantdinerpdpDined on 9/21/2014Excellent food. Fabulous service. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steaksdgalDined on 9/20/2014This has become our favorite restaurant for special occasions. Every time we go to Ruth's Chris, we leave exclaiming, "that was the best steak I have ever had!" The entire dining experience is worth the expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good!!abscVIPDined on 9/8/2014The food and service were excellent. We loved the shoe string potatoes, great steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word...THE BEST!!!GoodEatsDined on 9/6/2014OK so that's 2 words...Everything was the best we have ever had from service to food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had a great celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Service was great. Food was very good. plates were just as big as the steak so it made it difficult for cutting and sidesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Waitress Ive had in yearsAnnettemypetDined on 9/4/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 21st anniversary. We have dined this establishment before and wanted to give it another try after our last experience. When you go to Ruth's Chris, you should order steak, and the last visit I had ordered seafood. When the hostess sat us, I wasn't thrilled with the booth, a highly trafficked area. When Sheena greeted us, she was charming with a great sense of humor and she aimed to please. Sheena was the most exceptional waitress, she really, really wanted this to be a special occasion for us. She truly listened to what kind of pallets we had and made the perfect recommendations when it came to ordering cocktails, red wine and the best dessert to top it off. Always Order the bone-in!Special Features:
- just a great place and experiencetilesVIPDined on 9/3/2014you can never go wrong at Ruth's Chris in Del Mar. From the minute you walk in the door you know it is going to be a good dinner. Everyone is attentive and the food is great. Menu is a delight - If you like steak there is non better in town. I had the filet and friends had the lamb chops - came to the table sizzling and delicious. Wine list is great - from affordable pairings w dinner to some really nice high end wines. Wait staff doesn't hover but always seems to be there to pour another glass of wine. We go there a lot for the special nights and generally start w the folks in the bar. Nice to start there w a drink and conversation w the folks sitting around waiting to be seated. Recommend this as a great go to restaurantSpecial Features:
- Can't go WrongSocalFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Always awesome! Service impeccable, cocktails amazing. Food: To. Die. For. BBQ shrimp. Ahi, soups, steaks. Always on par. A favorite anytime!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Does not disappoint. Notified the host that we were running behind and didn't have any problems. Thanks for a fabulous dinner before our John Legend concert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceRachelDined on 8/22/2014We gave this restaurant another after a dining experience with disappointing service because the manager had found out about the lack of attention from our server and offered his assurances that it was not their usual standard of service. We're glad we came back because the food was great, the service was great, and the environment was comfortable (not too formal, not too casual). We will be back again. Thanks!Special Features:
- OutstandingBob56Dined on 8/18/2014Recent dinner was terrific! Handled last-minute reservation perfectly, seated us at table with excellent view right away, waiter helped us save a few bucks by offering prix fixe with a few substitutions to match what we were ready to order (waiter and server Chris were top-notch), corkage was reasonable, and ambiance was great. Recently had a couple slip-ups at the restaurant with some order mistakes or delays, but everything was perfect for us this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowGloberVIPDined on 8/16/2014One of the very best restaurants in all of San Diego - everything outstanding!
- Still my favorite steak houseSkipDined on 8/14/2014I have had many wonderful meals at Ruth's Chris Steak House, this was not one of them. The first rib eye, ordered medium rare, arrived medium well. The Manager saw Me cutting and examining the steak, came right over and apologized. He took the steak and brought back another one which was rare. Not wanting any further adou, I said it was fine. It was also the poorest quality of meat I have had at RCSH. the quality of service was excellent! The side dishes and dessert were really good! The Manager, waiters and hostesses were wonderful! I'll be back; we all make unintended errors sometimes. Thanks 30+ years of great meals!Special Features:
- Love the SizzleKGirlDined on 8/13/2014We can always expect and get the best steak! Love coming here and the location is close to home. Great bar and happy hour, but often really crowded.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014We have celebrated a few Ann Dinners eating at Ruths Chris. This By far has been the best experience in our 22 years of marriage. We have dined all over the world at Ruth's Chris but Wow this locations was amazing. The hostess asked us if we were celebrating anything, we mentioned it was our 22nd Ann and before we knew it she was gone and back escorting us to our table. When we saw our table we both were shocked at the attention to detail. The hostess had arranged red rose petals and confetti on the table. She told us that they wanted to make this the best night ever. Boy she wasn't kidding. Our waiter had been filled in and greeted us with Happy 22nd Ann and thank you for celebrating it with us. The whole night was perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mcschnoodles03Dined on 8/2/2014We have dined here at least 7 times. We were seated at the same table 3 out of 7 (all but one time we were a couple). The server was clearly over whelmed. I ordered a medium well steak with a hot buttered plate in case it wasn't cooked to my liking. We had 4 servers and a manager in 2 hours, so there was confusion. My medium -well steak was in the words of the server "rare at best". By the time I got my man course my husband was finished his t-bone.Special Features: