Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar
11582 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3505/San-Diego/Del-Mar
- Phone: 8587551454
- Hours of Operation:
Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Neftali Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in San Diego, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Del Mar offers 2 private rooms, the Torrey Pines room seats up to 30 guests while the Mezzanine/Upstairs seats up to 85 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Bobby Daitch 8772750570
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar
Ruth's Chris Steak House in San Diego (Del Mar), CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)romantic (25)scenic view (22)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (17)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great Saturday night!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014I was able to get a last minute reservation and service was fantastic. They gave us a couple options on where we would want to sit and I really appreciate that. Food was well prepared and presented well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceIntheknowVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have been to a few different Ruth's Chris and this one is by far the best. From the moment you walk through the door your evening is perfection. The Ruth's team goes out of their way to make sure your dining experience is supurb....we can't wait to come back. And, we are always so happy to see the lovely and joyous Miss Shelby. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Was greeted warmly by a very friendly Hostess. Although it took awhile before we were acknowledged by Lynn, our server, our Dining Room Attendent, Graham, was personable, attentive, and provided outstanding service. I ordered my fave, Ribeye steak and as usual, it was the best! My husband had the lobster/steak combination and truly enjoyed it. This Del Mar location is the best in San Diego and located close to where we live. We highly recommend this restaurant to everyond. Sincerely, ChrisineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So impress w/ their service & food!Dine4goodDined on 7/16/2014I was at ahh that they had a customized menu for us- when I book online I told them it's our "14th Yr Anniversary" they went above & beyond and printed customized menu. Appetizers and steaks are always superb-five star that's why we come here to eat good steak!! Gem in the neighborhood. Love it here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/10/2014Had a great meal with great service!! Wine list is pricy, but a good selection.Special Features:
- Another GREAT Ruth's ChrisJaniceVIPDined on 7/5/2014We've dined at several Ruth Chris and this one did not disappoint!Special Features:
- Nice for romantic dinnersItsrobynbDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I enjoy going to nice steak restaurants; especially for special occasions. This was our 11th anniversary, and we chose a San Diego favorite. Even though our romantic dinner ended up including a "plus one," due to having no babysitter at the last minute, we had an excellent meal. The filet was amazing, as usual, and I really loved the chop salad. The server was very accommodating to meet the picky needs of our 9-year-old, and our view was amazing!Special Features:
- July 4th at Ruth'sMissChardieDined on 7/4/2014Decided that we would give Ruth's a try on the 4th of July. We have been there many times, but never on July 4th. We didn't have plans for the beach or fireworks, and I'm so happy that we didn't. Ruth's was excellent!! I had requested a booth through Open Table and they gave us a perfect table. It wasn't too crowded; which I was hoping would be the case. Our food was prepared perfectly!! Our wine was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak place in Del MarjpollVIPDined on 6/28/2014We were there to celebrate an anniversary and a birthday. The food was great, the ambiance was wonderful and our waiter did a superb job. Can't say more about our wonderful experience that we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the Line Food and ServiceBankmomDined on 6/28/2014We have found Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar to be our favorite place to celebrate a special occasion or just to splurge on a nice dinner out. The food and service are consistently excellent and while very attentive, the servers don't feel intrusive. Everytime we have gone to this restaurant, the manager comes by each table and seems truly interested in making sure the diners' experience is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just great as usualGaryGVIPDined on 6/21/2014Food was delicious, fresh, well presented, perfect proportions. The service was excellent. We were welcomed like family. Perfect place to go for a special occasion or to make going there the special occasion.Special Features:
- Phone Number Help Return PurseDinnerWithaViewDined on 6/20/2014We had a lovely birthday dinner for my daughter. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. I prearranged our reservation for the evening on OpenTable and at the time had to give my phone number and e-mail. I left without my purse and received a call before we got back to the hotel room that they had found my purse! Yea! I also received a reservation confirmation prior to arriving confirming the reservation and I appreciated it because it was an unusual time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stand out placetilesVIPDined on 6/17/2014As always this is a great spot to catch up w friends, relax and have a great steak. Everyone from the General Manager to the folks in the bar and dining room are on top of their game.Special Features:
- Excellent ServicerhermerDined on 6/15/2014My triple celebration was beautifully handled by our hostess. Father's Day, daughter's high school graduation and son's university graduation were made so much more enjoyable with participation of the house staff. Many thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day at Ruth's ChrisFoodieGalDined on 6/15/2014All in all it was a good experience. The food is the most consistent factor here - it was all good. It was extra busy because it was a holiday and they had 2 related issues of note. They were very behind on their bookings (1 half hour). The hostess suggested the bar to every family walking in, which was ridiculous considering every family walking in had children or minors with them because it was Father's Day. The service was rushed in many cases, and not the polished service we have had there before. We were not given a wine list/cocktail list when we were seated, and at one point the table busboy offered to take my husband's food which he was visibly still eating (he had his fork mid-air). Servers were polite, though, & food good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful foodsdgalDined on 5/31/2014We went to this restaurant for a birthday celebration. Our waitress was very attentive and patient with us as we took time to thoroughly peruse our menus. The food was perfectly prepared and our desserts were scrumptious. We have already decided to return for our next birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty good steakJbeenDined on 5/29/2014We liked the restaurant. This was our first time here. The. Location is kind of in a very random spot. You get a spectacular view of the freeway. The food was good, although not really to order. My fiance and I ordered the ribeye. I got the 12oz, my fiance got the 16oz. We both asked for medium, but when we cut into the steak, it had no pink inside. It was very tasty, but steak should be cooked to what we want. I mean your spending $45 or more. Louis on his name tag or Luis as it said on our receipt was very nice. He did a wonderful job of serving us. The saving grace of the night. Dessert was pretty average too. We had the bread pudding. I was expecting a little more flavor. Oh well. It was a decent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/26/2014We went to Ruth's Chris for a special anniversary as we thought it would be a guaranteed good place for steak. It wasn't good. The Filet Mignon was disappointing, a very poor piece of meat. I recently went to Roth's Chris in Boston and it was very good. I won't be going back to the one in Del Mar. When the steak is very expensive it should be very good.
- This can be fixed!MikeVIPDined on 5/10/2014Been to this location many times over the years, good food, nice location, great wait staff. Unfortunately the reservation times during evenings are very poorly managed. Dined there on may 10. Reservation for 715 and seated at 8. Bar area packed with no room to sit and have a drink. Unfortunately this is my 3rd in row exact same issue at this location; all weekend dinner bookings. The reservation hostes wasn't helpful when asked when we'll have a table; answer; as soon as we get tables from last seating cleared! Fairly poor experience to start a special occasion of any sorts; waiting around. I hope the management fixes this problem. It can be fixed!
- Good againStevoskiDined on 5/10/2014Been to RC many times and usually very good service and food. Same could be said this evening except Lynn, you need to get some better jokes! lolSpecial Features:
- Ruth's Chris @ Del Mar ReviewMarkCOsideDined on 5/6/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday at Ruth's Chris @ Del Mar. It was excellent as usual! The food came out sizzling hot on 500 deg. heated plates, to keep our food warm during our meal. The steaks were cooked to perfection and impeccably flavorful. The desserts were also very tasty. Our server was very attentive and did a great job of checking in on us. We reserve coming to Ruth's Chris for special occasions, and it's definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buen lugarOscarDined on 5/2/2014Lugar agradable para cenar.. falta ambiente en el piso superior.
- I little disappointedRichardVIPDined on 4/26/2014I use opentable because I detest waiting for tables at a restaurant. 99% of the time the restaurant I reserve through Opentable honors my reservation time. This was not the case at Ruth's Chris. We waited until 7:20 PM before being seated for a 7 PM reservation. I think for a dinner that costs upwards of $75 a person that the venue would recognize my time is important.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodQCommVIPDined on 4/25/2014We are always well taken care of here….service is a 10. I wish they offered dry aged beef, and more interesting sides. Food is always well prepared.
- Great service, OK foodJudyDDined on 4/23/2014This was my second visit to Ruth's Chris. First, the service is impeccable. You will be well taken care of from the moment you walk in. We ordered the filet mignon and the ribeye. My guest loved the filet, but the ribeye was no better than one I could have made at home on my grill. Certainly not worth the high price. We also ordered masked potatoes and asparagus. The asparagus was good but the mashed potatoes were a bit thin. We ended with the Chocolate Explosion which is fantastic. Plan to valet park as free parking is scarce.Special Features:
- our compliments to the chef!DianaDined on 4/20/2014Our meals were fantastic and perfectly cooked. Great service and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceTorreyDelMarResDined on 4/20/2014The food has always been good here. This time we went on Easter Sunday. The had a kids menu which was perfect for my youngest. My kids love steak and Ruth Chris did not disappoint. The steak was the best that we have had so far.Special Features:
- Service was unlike any otherFoodieathrtDined on 4/19/2014I was very disappointed with the service I recieved here. For a restaurant with that caliber , the service was McDonalds quality. My drinks never came, I had to seek out my waitress more than once to ask for silverware, drinks, more bread etc. she didn't even properly greet us. This particular Ruth Cris needs to learn service etiquette from their sister place downtown. Would never go to Del Mar again.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2014Gavin and Jordan were very attentive and personable. It was a second anniversary, which was made more special by their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bone in Ribeye for LunchHop760VIPDined on 4/18/2014Great day, when you can have a bone in ribeye for lunch and it come with a buttery sizzle.Special Features:
- Great ServiceSpecialplaceDined on 4/17/2014The service is great at this restaurant, my wife and I go there on special occasions and have never been disappointed by either the food or the service. Even though the restaurant is not on the ocean we get a nice view of the Pacific Ocean and the beautiful sunset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as usualGaryGVIPDined on 4/12/2014Went for my Mom's 88th birthday. We were welcomed like family. Everything was great...couldn't have been better! The sweet potato casserole was especially tasty as were the steaks and everyone else we ordered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- premature steakaficationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2014Here's your appetizer.... oh .... and your entree.... can we get you a box for that? Pacing is not their forte. If you want to sit enjoy company and the sunset you should tell your waitperson not to fire the entree until you request it.... 5 minutes after shrimp cocktail arrived our steaks came out - i wasn't expecting surf and turf, but here ya go. Food was as expected for a chain steakhouse; pretty good, well prepared.Special Features:
- Good, but not worth the money.DrCurrierDined on 4/5/2014We had a T-bone steak, and it was excellent in every way - cooked perfectly, tasty, and tender. We also had a harvest salad, which was good but not great, and lobster mac and cheese, which was disappointingly bland and ordinary. We had two cocktails, two glasses of wine, and shared one entrée, one salad, and one side dish. It was a good but not great dining experience. The total price tag, including $10 for valet parking, came to a whopping $190.00. I have had many dinners out with more and better food at half the price. It was good, but it was definitely not worth the money.Special Features:
- The following 768 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar reviews archive.
- Lovely EveningTerriVIPDined on 4/5/2014Once again our family had an excellent night out. From the friendly welcome, excellent and friendly wait staff and the food. Terrific. I highly recommend the BBQ shrimp appetizer. A must go!Special Features:
- KidsDennyDined on 3/27/2014The wine, food and service were truly excellent. The only problem was being seated next to a booth with an infant and young child. The infant was reaching over the back of the booth to my shoulder and was crying and yelling. When one is spending close to $200 for dinner for two, one expects a more quiet and enjoyable environment.Special Features:
- Ethan the great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2014Great service from Ethan. He recommended perfect wine pairing for steak. My son, hubby and I enjoy and will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected betterbirthdayboyDined on 3/25/2014Dined here with my wife and parents for my birthday. Ambience was nice and service was quite good, but the ribeyes brought out for me and my Dad were clearly overcooked. Sent them back and they did a great job of replacing them quickly, however we both agreed that while the second ones were cooked properly, they were short on quality for the 40 or 50 bucks they charge for them. Mine was a bit chewy. Tasted fine but really I was expecting more from a place known for steaks. Our salads were great, and the desserts they brought out for my birthday were nice too. Probably wouldn't go back based on our experience.
- Nice for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2014Had a nice time. Our server and his assistant were prompt, courteous, and effective. I didn't care for the server at the table adjacent who kept bumping to my chair throughout my meal due to the close proximity of the tables to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just one commentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2014There were 5 of us seated at an unusual shaped table/booth. The one added chair was higher than the rest of the group and made the diner feel awkward and uncomfortable. The staff were terrific. All in all we had a wonderful time. The seating was the only issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.