Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar
11582 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3505/San-Diego/Del-Mar
- Phone: 8587551454
- Hours of Operation:
Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Neftali Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in San Diego, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Del Mar offers 2 private rooms, the Torrey Pines room seats up to 30 guests while the Mezzanine/Upstairs seats up to 85 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Bobby Daitch 8772750570
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar
Ruth's Chris Steak House in San Diego (Del Mar), CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)romantic (55)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (38)scenic view (37)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (25)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (9)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Impeccable ServiceMicheleVIPDined on 9/27/2014We tend to dine out at least once a week and Ruth's Chris Steak House in Del Mar was by far the BEST customer service we have ever had. Everyone was so accommodating and friendly. And the food was phenomenal. I highly recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFoodieDined on 9/26/2014Excellent service and food. Will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE Best Deal for Restaurant WeekJMeezeeDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I come to Ruth's Chris every time Restaurant Week comes around. The food and the service are always top-notch, and the value of the Restaurant Week dinner menu can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedmeh0128Dined on 9/26/2014This is the 3rd Ruth Chris I've been to and each time has been awesome. The food, the atmosphere and the service has been top notch. Oh and my drinks were very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodlindysuDined on 9/26/2014We went to Ruth'S Cris Steak House for our anniversary during restaurant week. They put rose petals on our table & our waitress was terrific she brought us a special dessert even though we ordered the restaurant week menu. Lots of food that was all very good. I am not much of a steak person but my filet was done to perfection. The only thing that I found somewhat dismaying is some of the other diners. This is a beautiful expensive restaurant, a place to dress nicely & have an enjoyable meal. Some of the other diners looked like they had been going to MacDonalds rather than someplace nice. Shame on them.Special Features:
- the steak placemggalDined on 9/26/2014This is the best place to enjoy during restaurant week! The value is amazing, and it is the only spot where I order steak. I like mine very rare and no other restaurant cooks it to my liking. I look forward to a great meal at R. Chris'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKSantaluzerDined on 9/25/2014We have been to RC several times and the service is always great. The food this trip was OK but below the standard and our expectation.
- Everything was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Can't rate this anything but the best. Great food and service from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner!EatingoutVIPDined on 9/25/2014We really enjoyed our meal. Everyone was very attentive. The appetizer was exceptional. I will definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!JAMRanckDined on 9/24/2014We came here with our 1 y/o son during restaurant week and we had a pleasant experience. The food was delicious, most of the staff were very nice, and the manager, Danny came up and asked us how was our meal. However, we didn't really see much of our server, John. He was busy with other tables. But other servers were very attentive. I wish I remembered their names but I think it was Jordan and another guy with red hair (not bright red). SDRW menu they offered were delicious and I am glad they brought the stuffed mushroom back. They did not minimize the food they offer, however, they should be more generous with the side dishes. Yet, everything else was fine. Thank you Ruth's Chris of Delmar! We will be back again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub-Par for Restaurant Week?GoodEaterDined on 9/24/2014Granted, I haven't been to a Ruth's Chris in over 15 years, so my memory of it as being excellent may have been enhanced by the passage of time. It was a decent steak, perfectly cooked, but it was not a life-changing meal by any stretch of the imagination. Definitely not worth the price tag. Our Restaurant Week "bargain" ended up at $150 out the door, and I only had one cocktail and my husband had one domestic beer. It really didn't live up to the hype. Not sure if it's the quality of the whole chain or just this location, but I won't be going back. There are better places to spend my hard-earned cash.
- jkw82Dined on 9/23/2014Decided to take advantage of San Diego Restaurant Week and have a romantic night out. Kind of impossible to enjoy when your surrounded by screaming toddlers and loud preteens watching movies on their parents phone. Since this a multi-level restaurant, how about seating those with kids in one area and those sans kids someplace else? This is coming from a mother of 2 young kids, including a screaming toddler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeCopycateatersDined on 9/21/2014The food was delicious and the service was very good. Loved it and we will definitely be back. Told co-workers about it and they are going this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special dinnerWesBDined on 9/21/2014Really enjoyed the prompt and continued service. Food (rib-eye and filet) was delicious and cooked perfectly. Crab stuffed mushrooms and seared Ahi were great too. We were a party of 4 and had a great table on the 2nd floor. Highly recommended if you haven't tried this place, or return if you have.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantdinerpdpDined on 9/21/2014Excellent food. Fabulous service. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steaksdgalDined on 9/20/2014This has become our favorite restaurant for special occasions. Every time we go to Ruth's Chris, we leave exclaiming, "that was the best steak I have ever had!" The entire dining experience is worth the expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good!!abscVIPDined on 9/8/2014The food and service were excellent. We loved the shoe string potatoes, great steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word...THE BEST!!!GoodEatsDined on 9/6/2014OK so that's 2 words...Everything was the best we have ever had from service to food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had a great celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Service was great. Food was very good. plates were just as big as the steak so it made it difficult for cutting and sidesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Waitress Ive had in yearsAnnettemypetDined on 9/4/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 21st anniversary. We have dined this establishment before and wanted to give it another try after our last experience. When you go to Ruth's Chris, you should order steak, and the last visit I had ordered seafood. When the hostess sat us, I wasn't thrilled with the booth, a highly trafficked area. When Sheena greeted us, she was charming with a great sense of humor and she aimed to please. Sheena was the most exceptional waitress, she really, really wanted this to be a special occasion for us. She truly listened to what kind of pallets we had and made the perfect recommendations when it came to ordering cocktails, red wine and the best dessert to top it off. Always Order the bone-in!Special Features:
- just a great place and experiencetilesVIPDined on 9/3/2014you can never go wrong at Ruth's Chris in Del Mar. From the minute you walk in the door you know it is going to be a good dinner. Everyone is attentive and the food is great. Menu is a delight - If you like steak there is non better in town. I had the filet and friends had the lamb chops - came to the table sizzling and delicious. Wine list is great - from affordable pairings w dinner to some really nice high end wines. Wait staff doesn't hover but always seems to be there to pour another glass of wine. We go there a lot for the special nights and generally start w the folks in the bar. Nice to start there w a drink and conversation w the folks sitting around waiting to be seated. Recommend this as a great go to restaurantSpecial Features:
- Can't go WrongSocalFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Always awesome! Service impeccable, cocktails amazing. Food: To. Die. For. BBQ shrimp. Ahi, soups, steaks. Always on par. A favorite anytime!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Does not disappoint. Notified the host that we were running behind and didn't have any problems. Thanks for a fabulous dinner before our John Legend concert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceRachelDined on 8/22/2014We gave this restaurant another after a dining experience with disappointing service because the manager had found out about the lack of attention from our server and offered his assurances that it was not their usual standard of service. We're glad we came back because the food was great, the service was great, and the environment was comfortable (not too formal, not too casual). We will be back again. Thanks!Special Features:
- OutstandingBob56Dined on 8/18/2014Recent dinner was terrific! Handled last-minute reservation perfectly, seated us at table with excellent view right away, waiter helped us save a few bucks by offering prix fixe with a few substitutions to match what we were ready to order (waiter and server Chris were top-notch), corkage was reasonable, and ambiance was great. Recently had a couple slip-ups at the restaurant with some order mistakes or delays, but everything was perfect for us this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowGloberVIPDined on 8/16/2014One of the very best restaurants in all of San Diego - everything outstanding!
- Still my favorite steak houseSkipDined on 8/14/2014I have had many wonderful meals at Ruth's Chris Steak House, this was not one of them. The first rib eye, ordered medium rare, arrived medium well. The Manager saw Me cutting and examining the steak, came right over and apologized. He took the steak and brought back another one which was rare. Not wanting any further adou, I said it was fine. It was also the poorest quality of meat I have had at RCSH. the quality of service was excellent! The side dishes and dessert were really good! The Manager, waiters and hostesses were wonderful! I'll be back; we all make unintended errors sometimes. Thanks 30+ years of great meals!Special Features:
- Love the SizzleKGirlDined on 8/13/2014We can always expect and get the best steak! Love coming here and the location is close to home. Great bar and happy hour, but often really crowded.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014We have celebrated a few Ann Dinners eating at Ruths Chris. This By far has been the best experience in our 22 years of marriage. We have dined all over the world at Ruth's Chris but Wow this locations was amazing. The hostess asked us if we were celebrating anything, we mentioned it was our 22nd Ann and before we knew it she was gone and back escorting us to our table. When we saw our table we both were shocked at the attention to detail. The hostess had arranged red rose petals and confetti on the table. She told us that they wanted to make this the best night ever. Boy she wasn't kidding. Our waiter had been filled in and greeted us with Happy 22nd Ann and thank you for celebrating it with us. The whole night was perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mcschnoodles03Dined on 8/2/2014We have dined here at least 7 times. We were seated at the same table 3 out of 7 (all but one time we were a couple). The server was clearly over whelmed. I ordered a medium well steak with a hot buttered plate in case it wasn't cooked to my liking. We had 4 servers and a manager in 2 hours, so there was confusion. My medium -well steak was in the words of the server "rare at best". By the time I got my man course my husband was finished his t-bone.Special Features:
- the1guyDined on 8/1/2014you dont even need a knife for the steaks, the view is awesome and service is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice touchpecasbillDined on 7/30/2014I noticed that my wife's menu had a lower price for an item than mine did. I thought I would have a little fun so I told the waiter that I would have the item at the price on her menu not the price on my menu. Of course the check came with the price on my menu as expected. We brought our own bottle of wine. When the check came I noticed that there was no corkage fee for the wine and told the waiter that he forgot to charge me. He said that he and management discussed the corkage fee and decided to wave the charge because I pointed out the menu pricing error. I told waiter that it was not necessary but much appreciated. As usual, a lovely dinner with great service.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceJudyHDined on 7/29/2014We were escorted to our table immediately and as I had expressed it was my daughter's 50th birthday as we were seated they sprinkled little happy birthday "dust' all around the center of table. We opened our menu's and there at top of the menu page they had printed on a machine Happy 50th birthday Cindy Davis. It was on all our men yes. So classy and memorable. She asked if she could take that page home and they brought her all four if our menus. It was a night to remember and she couldn't wait to take a picture of menu & put it on Facebook. Thank you for sending the correct info to Ruth Chris in Del Mar, CASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionAnniversaryDined on 7/25/2014Took my wife to Ruth Chris in Carmel Valley location for anniversary. I used the third party florist on website to deliver flowers on site = really nice. Bar was a bit small and had to wait till seating was available = happy hour and Friday so understandable however bar does seem undersized. Service was very good and we were seated up stairs = no view but quieter location. Difficult for waiters to deliver food up & downstairs = no dumbwaiter. Food was excellent. We went for the seafood that evening and dinner for two. All in all I thought everything was done well. Expect to spend in the $250 bracket (2 people food, champagne, cocktails) for a nice evening dining experience.Special Features:
- Unusually disappointingCityGirlVIPDined on 7/25/2014My friends and I have dined at this Ruth's Chris location and did not have any problem with our order. This time was filled with problems with our order not being cooked to order. Maybe the kitchen staff was new, but we had to send back two dinners because the kitchen added sauce that we specifically requested to not be topped on our steaks and the steaks were cooked the wrong done-ness. The server upgraded our desserts for free and gave us a partial credit on one Ruth's Classic dinner. We will have to reconsider this location for future visits to Del Mar. The Ruth's location in Irvine would never make such critical errors.
- Always Nice....OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/23/2014...this location had great sunset lighting filling the dining room! Always a nice dinner regardless of the location for RC!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday night!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014I was able to get a last minute reservation and service was fantastic. They gave us a couple options on where we would want to sit and I really appreciate that. Food was well prepared and presented well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceIntheknowVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have been to a few different Ruth's Chris and this one is by far the best. From the moment you walk through the door your evening is perfection. The Ruth's team goes out of their way to make sure your dining experience is supurb....we can't wait to come back. And, we are always so happy to see the lovely and joyous Miss Shelby. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Kywaigrl53Dined on 7/19/2014Was greeted warmly by a very friendly Hostess. Although it took awhile before we were acknowledged by Lynn, our server, our Dining Room Attendent, Graham, was personable, attentive, and provided outstanding service. I ordered my fave, Ribeye steak and as usual, it was the best! My husband had the lobster/steak combination and truly enjoyed it. This Del Mar location is the best in San Diego and located close to where we live. We highly recommend this restaurant to everyond. Sincerely, ChrisineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So impress w/ their service & food!Dine4goodDined on 7/16/2014I was at ahh that they had a customized menu for us- when I book online I told them it's our "14th Yr Anniversary" they went above & beyond and printed customized menu. Appetizers and steaks are always superb-five star that's why we come here to eat good steak!! Gem in the neighborhood. Love it here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.