Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Dallas
17840 North Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75287Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/1190/Dallas/North-Dallas
- Phone: (972) 250-2244
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Charles Miller
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Dallas, TX - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: We now have 3 private dining rooms due to remodeling! The "Boardroom" can seat up to 55 people; The "Ruth Room" can seat up to 30 people; and the "Wine Room" can seat up to 8 people.
- Private Party Contact: Charles Bruen 8887667860
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Dallas
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Dallas, TX serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Dallas - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)romantic (44)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (27)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (12)scenic view (10)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- My favorite place to eat.DebbyDined on 11/21/2014Good HOT steaks, good table service, never disappointed. We were seated immediately upon our arrival. Be sure you make reservations or you might not get in (unless it's a slow weeknight).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014Asked for a steak "Pittsburgh" they couldnt do it in 2 tries. I go to Hillstones and its done right the first time. Iy was a business dinner so I just ate it the second time.
- Good as usual. Never disappointed.DebbyDined on 11/10/2014I always enjoy eating dinner at Ruth's Chris. There steaks are the best in Dallas imho. I brought my California friends here as a special treat. It was perfect; they loved the classy, tasteful, and relaxing atmosphere. Our waitress was perfectly appropriate and attentive. They other staff members were friendly and accommodating as well. I look forward to my next visit at this top notch restaurant.Special Features:
- CharDined on 11/6/2014Had a wonderful time. Could not have been any better. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Time a Charm!dpaddockDined on 11/1/2014During restaurant week (Aug-2013) Ruth's Chris was a hit on food but an enormous miss on service from host stand to bar tender, and server to busser. When I documented my thoughts as a review on OpenTable, I was pleased to have been contacted by the restaurant manager and was asked to come back and give them another shot. While they seduced me with a $50 certificate, which certainly helps... I knew I would have gone back anyhow based on the quality and taste of the food which simply cannot be outdone. And so to celebrate a milestone with my fiancee, we had the pleasure of dining at Ruth's Chris over the weekend. Our experience was fantastic beyond fantastic. It really was flawless! Thanks to a well oiled machine and a lovely server Alison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So yummyMizzadieVIPDined on 10/25/2014Dining here never disappoints came in for dinner with my parents over this past weekend and we all had a lovely lovely dinner everything was really nice on the service to the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not disappointdc0916Dined on 10/25/2014Ruth's Chris is our default for any special occasion. Great appetizers, dinner and dessert.Special Features:
- Great experienceZegoatVIPDined on 10/24/2014Everything was wonderful. Most tender steak---could have cut it without a knife, and the best chopped salad in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris has Changed1verydisappointedpersonDined on 10/24/2014We were put in a wine storage room that held two tables. We felt like we were being put in detention! When questioned as to why were we being put in that room (i.e. were we not properly dressed, etc.), the hostess became rather hostile at our resisting being seated there. She realized that we really were not pleased with the seating but seemed intent on making us sit there anyway! We could not hear the live music and felt very strange at being put in a small room that actually stored the wine. The waiter added at least one drink to our bill that was not ours --- we had to call his attention to it. We have eaten at Ruth's Chris in other venues in the past and they did not treat us like that. We will not return to this restaurant.
- Disappointed...Jsbean18Dined on 10/21/2014So I have to say I love the steak and the food they serve at Ruth's Chris Steak House. So I told my vendor we would go somewhere a little different because its nice to change it up. I was very disappointed in the service of the staff at the restaurant. Mind you the manager did come by the food was good which I commented. I felt like the staff was very snooty. They seemed very pushy at getting our order taken. Coming back literally after a minute when we had apparently not even closed our menus. They would take their hand and press on the bread plate instead of asking or looking to see if we needed more. Let alone when our dinner came out the sides came out too, but no side plates till have way through our dinner.
- JerseytamaydaVIPDined on 10/18/2014Food was delicious. Service was rushed and borderline rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysDanTVIPDined on 10/11/2014The steak and fries were cooked perfectly. This restaurant nevers dissapoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Great dinner with friends and family in a private room. Wait staff was attentive, fun and just overall a great time. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Dinner with friendsCoriDined on 10/6/2014Went out to dinner with friends. Food and service were impeccable as alwaysSpecial Features:
- Ruth's Chris..No. DallasPridge2Dined on 9/30/2014The service was outstanding..the food was very good..The ambiance was nice,very nice wine list nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but what did you say?WattaDinnaDined on 9/26/2014Great food and service are to be expected at Ruth's Chris, and that's what we experienced. The main dishes were two ribeyes, one petite filet, and lamb chops. The sides were mashed potatoes and onion rings, with a couple of steak house salads and a chop salad. The meats were cooked just as requested, and their super hot serving plates kept the food hot throughout the meal. The wait staff was quite attentive. Now the but. It's just too loud in there. It seemed like there was a fairly constant roar, making it difficult to carry on a decent conversation. We'll go back, but I might ask for a table in the corner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTABULOUS Even if it's not a wordFantabulousDined on 9/25/2014The wife and I shared Dinner together for our 49th wedding anniversary and it was fantastic... I had the best steak I've had since 1987... oh yes, I forgot to mention, that was also at a Ruth Chris steak house in Houston, TX You guys are a class act serving quality food and atmosphere to the Dallas area. thank you. Rich & Jane BullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMizzBennettDined on 9/4/2014We had a great night here on out anniversary. The manager and server took good care of us, and the staff was friendly. Of course the food was excellent, fresh, and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too impressedbigbearVIPDined on 9/1/2014Was expecting a lot more based on the general high-level of steak in Dallas. Salad was similar to a cafeteria. Steak and lobster was not impressive -- Lobster did not taste fresh. Service was *very* lacking. Forgot about our wine. Forgot about our bread ("oh, sorry, my fault" was the best excuse). Given all the choices in town I won't be back.
- Highlight of the EveningAmandaDined on 8/30/2014The service was great considering it was restaurant week. The food was outstanding and was full of flavor. There was plenty and we took home two doggy bags. We were celebrating our anniversary and they took great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerBeardianneDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful meal as always. We have never been disappointed at Ruth Chris restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DifferentyuckDined on 8/30/2014The food was just ok. Our waiter was insulting everytime we asked for something additional that was not "included" in the restaurant week special. We were aware what was additional cost per the menu but the waiter was snooty to us for asking for additional items. We tried to make small talk to lighten the mood but he just walked away from us.
- DadofchefDined on 8/29/2014Steaks were top rate and perfectly done as requested. Server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakEchizDined on 8/28/2014Went over to enjoy restaurant week and I wasn't disappointed. I enjoyed the ribeye with mashed potatoes and greenbeans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent All aroundLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/27/2014Everyone from the valet yo the receptionist to the waitstaff were excellent. They were friendly and genuinely made you feel welcome and glad you were there. The steaks were cooked perfect and all the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This was my fiance first time to dine at Ruth Chris. This is one of my favoirte spots to get a great steak so I thought what a great way to spead time together for Friday night date night! He loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Three of us attended Restaurant Week last Wednesday. I think the plate does not need to be that hot for the meat which was not quite medium and the filet was a little chewy for me. I don't know if all restaurants do this or if it happens only during restaurant week but I was double taxed: once for the entire bill and again individually for the wine and then for the food again. Seems like they are trying to recoup what they are supposed to be donating to the North Texas Food Bank. What a shame - from now on I will ask about the charges before I book and I won't be going back to Ruth's Chris. SKDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goforfoodDined on 8/20/2014Enjoyed the ambience. view and food. Overall it was a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieJanesthingsVIPDined on 8/17/2014They are the first to offer restaurant week menu without us asking. Good was great!!!!! Will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SteaksBadgerPeteDined on 8/16/2014Our party of five arrived a few minutes before our 8:15 pm reservation only to be told that the party at our table was not quite finished. "Fine, no problem' as we were were a few minutes early. Unfortunately, we were not seated until approximately 8:40 and never given any updates along the way. Once seated, it took a bit more time to meet our server (Michael), but once we did, everything got better from there. Everything on the food and service side of the ledger was great. The food was fantastic including the juiciest and tenderest filets ever, especially when served on their straight out of the oven plates. Micheal was very attentive and hard-working and my family was quite happy with the overall experience.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerTonylouisDined on 8/16/2014This was my second time dining at Ruth's Chris and my girlfriend first time. We had an amazing dinner. The service was great and the food was top notch. We look forward to dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neldridgeDined on 8/15/2014Went on restaurant week and had a delicious dinner...steak wonderful. Staff helpful and friendly. Hope to go back soon.Special Features:
- Not Quite Up to ParJohnJDined on 8/9/2014Our server was friendly/attentive. If it was not for her and the manager welcoming us , I would have rated the service below average. I found it very strange for a high end restaurant to take my used fork from the appetizer course and put it back on the table to be used for my forthcoming salad course. A white table cloth restaurant should have a clean fork for each course! The 16 oz prime rib eye was excellent and perfectly cooked. All of our plates were so hot however, they could not be touched and effectively further cooked the sides when they were placed on the plate. Warm is fine, but this was too far. Creamed spinach was bland. Green beans were excellent. The small lobster tails were all tough.
- A+ for food, C for ServiceGingerbardDined on 8/9/2014Incredible steak. It's what Ruth's Chris Steak House is famous for, and boy... does it deliver. We went to this location a few weeks ago for my birthday. The filet and ribeye were served on a 500 degree plate, and cooked to perfection. From the first bite, it was clear that this was some serious steak. The sides were excellent, but the steak... perfection. (Even a few days later, it still makes our mouths drool.) So why the four stars instead of five? The service. Oh, it started out ok, but we didn't order drinks, and our waitress put less effort into our service as the night went on. When we wanted our bill, she was nowhere to be found. Seeing such lackluster service at Ruth's Chris surprised me. I'm hoping it was just an off night.Special Features:
- Thanks for a great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We had a delicious dinner and had a wonderful time celebrating my husband's birthday. Everything we expect from Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful EveningDineBareDined on 8/8/2014This is a great restaurant. Ambiance is great and the food, simply phenomenal. Steak was cooked to perfection. My date said "this is the best steak I've had EVER".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD BUT DISAPPOINTINGHDHartVIPDined on 8/2/2014Ruth's Chris is one of my favorite steakhouses and I typically have an incredible meal there matched by equally great service. Unfortunately, this was my first trip to the Dallas RC and I have to say it was a bit disappointing compared to other RCs I have visited. The food was good, not spectacular as I have had in the past, but the service was a let down. I had to constantly ask for more water, bread, a steak knife, etc. If I am dining at RC, I should receive better service then I do at Outback. I did not on Friday night. I'll go back because everyone deserves a second chance. Last point, get seated in the main dining room with the beautiful view of the grounds. Your other option is like eating in a conference room at a Marriott.Special Features:
- The following 695 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Dallas reviews archive.
- Fantastic Ruth's Chris's Dinner!ButtonsDined on 7/27/2014We can't say enough good things about Ruth's Chris's. The experience is always wonderful - food, service, and ambience. Just excellent all the way around. Our highest recommendations.Special Features:
- Simply the best dining periodExcellentVIPDined on 7/26/2014Loved it. We are hooked on this place. No one else does steaks like Ruth Chris. We dine here almost 2-3 weeks. Love it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Food very good. I think service was very average. We had not even had salads been removed when they brang steaks. Waitress was not very friendlyI would recommend this to a friend.