Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Dallas
17840 North Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75287Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/1190/Dallas/North-Dallas
- Phone: 9722502244
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Charles Miller
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Dallas, TX - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: We now have 3 private dining rooms due to remodeling! The "Boardroom" can seat up to 55 people; The "Ruth Room" can seat up to 30 people; and the "Wine Room" can seat up to 8 people.
- Private Party Contact: Charles Bruen 8887667860
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Dallas
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Dallas, TX serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Dallas - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - North Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)romantic (39)notable wine list (31)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (20)scenic view (15)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- DifferentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was just ok. Our waiter was insulting everytime we asked for something additional that was not "included" in the restaurant week special. We were aware what was additional cost per the menu but the waiter was snooty to us for asking for additional items. We tried to make small talk to lighten the mood but he just walked away from us.
- DadofchefDined on 8/29/2014Steaks were top rate and perfectly done as requested. Server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakEchizDined on 8/28/2014Went over to enjoy restaurant week and I wasn't disappointed. I enjoyed the ribeye with mashed potatoes and greenbeans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent All aroundLuv2eatDined on 8/27/2014Everyone from the valet yo the receptionist to the waitstaff were excellent. They were friendly and genuinely made you feel welcome and glad you were there. The steaks were cooked perfect and all the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This was my fiance first time to dine at Ruth Chris. This is one of my favoirte spots to get a great steak so I thought what a great way to spead time together for Friday night date night! He loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Three of us attended Restaurant Week last Wednesday. I think the plate does not need to be that hot for the meat which was not quite medium and the filet was a little chewy for me. I don't know if all restaurants do this or if it happens only during restaurant week but I was double taxed: once for the entire bill and again individually for the wine and then for the food again. Seems like they are trying to recoup what they are supposed to be donating to the North Texas Food Bank. What a shame - from now on I will ask about the charges before I book and I won't be going back to Ruth's Chris. SKDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goforfoodDined on 8/20/2014Enjoyed the ambience. view and food. Overall it was a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieJanesthingsDined on 8/17/2014They are the first to offer restaurant week menu without us asking. Good was great!!!!! Will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SteaksBadgerPeteDined on 8/16/2014Our party of five arrived a few minutes before our 8:15 pm reservation only to be told that the party at our table was not quite finished. "Fine, no problem' as we were were a few minutes early. Unfortunately, we were not seated until approximately 8:40 and never given any updates along the way. Once seated, it took a bit more time to meet our server (Michael), but once we did, everything got better from there. Everything on the food and service side of the ledger was great. The food was fantastic including the juiciest and tenderest filets ever, especially when served on their straight out of the oven plates. Micheal was very attentive and hard-working and my family was quite happy with the overall experience.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerTonylouisDined on 8/16/2014This was my second time dining at Ruth's Chris and my girlfriend first time. We had an amazing dinner. The service was great and the food was top notch. We look forward to dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neldridgeDined on 8/15/2014Went on restaurant week and had a delicious dinner...steak wonderful. Staff helpful and friendly. Hope to go back soon.Special Features:
- Not Quite Up to ParJohnJDined on 8/9/2014Our server was friendly/attentive. If it was not for her and the manager welcoming us , I would have rated the service below average. I found it very strange for a high end restaurant to take my used fork from the appetizer course and put it back on the table to be used for my forthcoming salad course. A white table cloth restaurant should have a clean fork for each course! The 16 oz prime rib eye was excellent and perfectly cooked. All of our plates were so hot however, they could not be touched and effectively further cooked the sides when they were placed on the plate. Warm is fine, but this was too far. Creamed spinach was bland. Green beans were excellent. The small lobster tails were all tough.
- A+ for food, C for ServiceGingerbardDined on 8/9/2014Incredible steak. It's what Ruth's Chris Steak House is famous for, and boy... does it deliver. We went to this location a few weeks ago for my birthday. The filet and ribeye were served on a 500 degree plate, and cooked to perfection. From the first bite, it was clear that this was some serious steak. The sides were excellent, but the steak... perfection. (Even a few days later, it still makes our mouths drool.) So why the four stars instead of five? The service. Oh, it started out ok, but we didn't order drinks, and our waitress put less effort into our service as the night went on. When we wanted our bill, she was nowhere to be found. Seeing such lackluster service at Ruth's Chris surprised me. I'm hoping it was just an off night.Special Features:
- Thanks for a great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We had a delicious dinner and had a wonderful time celebrating my husband's birthday. Everything we expect from Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful EveningDineBareDined on 8/8/2014This is a great restaurant. Ambiance is great and the food, simply phenomenal. Steak was cooked to perfection. My date said "this is the best steak I've had EVER".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD BUT DISAPPOINTINGHDHartDined on 8/2/2014Ruth's Chris is one of my favorite steakhouses and I typically have an incredible meal there matched by equally great service. Unfortunately, this was my first trip to the Dallas RC and I have to say it was a bit disappointing compared to other RCs I have visited. The food was good, not spectacular as I have had in the past, but the service was a let down. I had to constantly ask for more water, bread, a steak knife, etc. If I am dining at RC, I should receive better service then I do at Outback. I did not on Friday night. I'll go back because everyone deserves a second chance. Last point, get seated in the main dining room with the beautiful view of the grounds. Your other option is like eating in a conference room at a Marriott.Special Features:
- Fantastic Ruth's Chris's Dinner!ButtonsDined on 7/27/2014We can't say enough good things about Ruth's Chris's. The experience is always wonderful - food, service, and ambience. Just excellent all the way around. Our highest recommendations.Special Features:
- Simply the best dining periodExcellentDined on 7/26/2014Loved it. We are hooked on this place. No one else does steaks like Ruth Chris. We dine here almost 2-3 weeks. Love it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Food very good. I think service was very average. We had not even had salads been removed when they brang steaks. Waitress was not very friendlyI would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryBirthdayDined on 7/23/2014My husband and I went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for our Anniversay. The food was wonderful, the filet very tender. They had set our table up with littlle hearts for our anniversary. Our waitress was excellent. We were so full from dinner that she gave us cheesecakes to go.Special Features:
- Special EveningKazsmirDined on 7/22/2014Wife and I had dinner for her Birthday the other night and the restaurant staff wentout of their way to make it extra special, leaving confetti on the table, offering a photo, and finally a complementary birthday dessert, which made the evening all the more special. Food was magnificent, ambiance was a little noisy but not bad, and the service was superb, but we could tell our waiter was a bit busy that evening. Service didn't suffer necessarily, but we could tell he was quickly moving from table to table and seemed a bit frazzled, but top quality service nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Excellent food. The waiter and his helper were first class professionals. The restaurant did a fantastic job of helping my wife and me celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It was a memory maker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar!GPTZDined on 7/17/2014The bar has a guy playing live Wednesdays, Thurdays, Fridays and Saturdays. It makes the experience a lot better at the bar, plus you have the big screens if your interested in a sports game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beMortgagemasterVIPDined on 7/8/2014Our experience was just OK on our recent visit, It appeared that there was a new staff (lots of turnover recently) and the steaks, while good, were not as tender as they used to be. With all the great steak restaurants in Dallas we will most likely not return.
- Execellent ChoiceDoloresDined on 7/6/2014My new favorite restaurant. The food and service is incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Great Night!SteakloversdelightDined on 6/15/2014The food and service at Ruth Chris is as great as it's always been! Still a great place for special occasions or just a romantic night out! Ask for Kenya to be your server! She is outstanding! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS VERY GOODMikeDined on 6/15/2014We dined at Ruth's Chris for Father's Day for the second year in a row. The food is always very good and the service too. We also appreciated the $25 gift card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationAnniversary23Dined on 6/14/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. The service was very good with the exception they did not fill our tea glass once it was empty. Food was excellent and the had the table decorated for the birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just OKDiningInDallasDined on 6/14/2014Not as memorable as other Ruth's Chris restaurants I've been to for some reason. The food was good, but not worth the price. The sommelier and some wine salesman were fawning over the couple at the next table who were obviously spending a ton of money on wine. It was kind of annoying. Then, some couple came in and sat at the next table, and the guy had baggy blue jeans, and untucked, wrinkled shirt, and greasy long hair and bushy beard. I'm not an elitist, but if I'm spending a lot of money for a nice meal, I want the ambiance to be nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was excellent.msmayfieldDined on 6/14/2014The steaks were excellent. Service also excellent. Loved the banana cream pie; different but wonderful.Special Features:
- Yum!UtoosiDined on 6/13/2014We had a dinner date with another couple on a Friday night and our food and service was AMAZING! The steaks were hot and cooked to perfection with the smell of delight. The restaurant was busy and a little noisy but to be expected.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/7/2014My family members were in town celebrating their anniversary, and we had a great evening at Ruth Chris -- great food and service, lovely music, and they received pictures to capture the night's event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/3/2014Top to bottom, start to finish - outstanding night out. Food and service were top notch. First time visit, more to follow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in DallasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2014Ruth Chris is our favorite. They do such a good job with Food and their service is amazing.Special Features:
- Not high on the steak house listTexasFoodieVIPDined on 6/2/2014Recently I dined at Ruth Chris Steak house in Addison. Both I and my guest ordered the 6 oz fillet to be cooked medium-rare. When they came out, mine was medium (pink center) the other one was medium-rare. OK 1 for 2 on the steaks, not impressive for a steak house. For sides we ordered the sting beans with garlic and cauliflower au Gratin. The green beans were cooked great but they were way to salty and the cauliflower was mostly bread. All in all I think I can get a better meal elsewhere in Dallas for my $200.Special Features:
- glaubDined on 6/1/2014THE FOOD AND SERVICE WERE OUTSTANDING. THE MARTINIS WERE PRETTY PRICEY.Special Features:
- ExcellencechiefmadmanVIPDined on 5/31/2014The North Dallas Ruth's Chris' Steakhouse is our favorite in all the U.S. The food is consistently excellent at each one we've been to, but the North Dallas location is our favorite. A little dessert variation allowed us to partake of a banana cream pie that was heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid foodhungryfoodloverDined on 5/30/2014The food was great as expected. A small mix-up in the kitchen with our meal, but we were well compensated for the mistake. Not a lot of patrons on this particular Fri after work so it was quiet and somewhat depressing with the emptiness of the restaurant. Middle age to older guests so it's not exactly a "jumping" scene even on a very popular night out. Note: if it's your first time going you may get lost as it is located behind all of the trees and not easily spotted from the road. Slow down when you get to the area so as not to pass it.Special Features:
- Prince59Dined on 5/27/2014The food was excellent as well as the service. The restaurant was quiet and pleasant! We always love Ruth's Chris for any occasion. We especially liked the Brandy Freezes for desert!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2014I work for another local steakhouse. I was very impressed with the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.