Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables
2320 Salzedo Street
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3823/Coral-Gables
- Phone: (305) 461-8360
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rodger Ortiz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Coral Gables, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Coral Gables can accommodate from 12 to 100 guests for private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Samuel Guido-Cisneros 8772321174
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Coral Gables, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)notable wine list (31)romantic (30)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- A good one gone badLaPoltoVIPDined on 11/21/2014When I want a great steak I go to Ruth Chris. Not anymore. My experience this last time was awful. Bad service and the meat was hard and overcooked. The sides were awful. Overcooked and with an excessive amount of cheese. Their Cheese cake (an all time favorite) was salty and not cold enough. Not going back anytime soon.
- Great evening among friendsRickyDined on 11/15/2014We went there to celebrate a friend's birthday. We had a wonderful time. The food was excellent, flavorful and just perfect to enjoy. The service was above and beyond. Ari, our waiter was friendly and easy to talk to. She made sure we had a wonderful time and made us want to return to Ruth Chris soon. The entire staff that dealt with us was very professional and ready to make our evening an unforgettable one. Thanks Ari and the staff at Ruth Chris, Coral Gables. Keep up the great work!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic SteakhouseNice16Dined on 11/12/2014This is a high quality restaurant in the Gables. Excellent menu with hot sizzling steaks and a good wine list. Never had a bad meal here, excellent ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceGiftGirlDined on 11/5/2014My first visit to Ruth Chris in the Gables. The staff was very attentive and polite and the food was oustanding! I will definitely go back!!Special Features:
- DISAPOINTEDDISAPOINTEDDined on 11/1/2014I was highly upset with the service not the waiter Elvin but the delivery of the food. We arrived a little after 9pm reservations were for 9:15pm November 1, 2014 which happend to be our anniversary as well as my husband's 33rd birth day the food didn't arrive until 10:22pm and ruined our plans for the rest of the night; we only got a chance to sample the food and told the waiter Elvin whom was very apologetic that we were pressed for time. Because of this we were extremely late for our next function and it costed us money that we pretty much lost. I love Ruth's Chris but we were EXTREMELY UPSET with the delivery of the food.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration...Kfamily4VIPDined on 10/26/2014Ruths Chris is always on point. The servers have been there a long time where they all recognize you and say hello. We had a party of 5 and everyones dinner was enjoyable. Richard was our server and he was fantastic. Whether you go as a special occasion or just a couple, you cannot miss with this location in Coral Gables.Special Features:
- Great foodEjvaDined on 10/26/2014Had the BBQ shrimp app, ribeye with mash, and creme brûlée for dessert. Food was perfect. Nice place too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentMsPickyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Food choices have expanded for those of us who are not meat eaters and many options for all. Getting there early insures a quieter time and good table to watch the world from a window. Also parking more available and less chance of needing to use valet though that would not stop us from going there.Special Features:
- EltigreDined on 10/22/2014We went for a special occasion. My husband's birthday. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ruthsluv2dineVIPDined on 10/18/2014consistently good. nice service. basic steak house menuSpecial Features:
- Great reliable restaurantAdiamondDined on 10/5/2014As always wonderful experience at this restaurant. Love the sizzling plates the steaks are onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatwellDined on 9/29/2014Classic steakhouse cuisine; well executed. The ambiance was subdued and perfect for business or romance. Waiters were accommodating and attentive without hovering.
- Great dinnerVinnieDined on 9/26/2014Excellent table service, food well prepared and pretty tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/26/2014The meal was good but since it's a set menu you do get the rushed feeling things come out very quickly and are steaming hot. Steaks were good a bit underdone for medium for my son but he didn't send it back I would have it was raw.
- Wednesday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/24/2014This chain has gotten past the a la carte steakhouse mind set and actually offers three course dinners beyond the Miami Spice specials with interesting entres that include a salad, entre, side and dessert for about the price of a steak. My rib eye was a strip steak but a very good one. Service is attentive steak house. But there are groups of waitstaff standing around talking in groups of 3 while a few others seem to be over tabled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for perfect diningDJonesDined on 9/18/2014Everything was especially top notch from the atmosphere to the service and the food, of course was perfectly presented and delicious. Great happy hour.Special Features:
- Remodelation is a mustSdtfoodsDined on 9/17/2014This is a very traditional restaurant in a very traditional neighborhood, so is the decor. I think they should modernize the decor at the restaurant because the old carpet and furniture are old fashioned. But... The service is the best and the food always good! I went for the Miami Spice Dinner and the food was great for the price!Special Features:
- A great RestaurantGreatVIPDined on 9/13/2014The ambiance, food, service and restaurant experience can be found at Ruth Chris. I had the Miami Spice Menu which for me was ideal just the right size steak. Our son had a cowboy steak which was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively restaurant!foodie4lifeDined on 9/12/2014Came here for Miami Spice 2014! Had the lobster bisque (it was ok, I wish it had more visible lobster chunks and it was more of a richer color than the pale dull orange color) to start, 6 oz filet medium well (which seemed more on the well side) and 3 jumbo shrimps (which were delicious and well seasoned) and mini cheesecake with sweet cream sauce for dessert. I got surprisingly full, even though the portion sizes are small, which is expected for the Miami Spice menu. I really enjoyed the drink I ordered (Broad St. Hurricane, sweet with a kick), the warm bread (very soft), the jumbo shrimp and the mini cheesecake dessert. If I order the filet again, I plain to order it medium instead of medium well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service!! Great food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2014We were celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary; our table was very tastefully decorated! It was an unexpected surprise!!! We recommend this restaurant without hesitation!!! thank you!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014It was fantastic. I'm planning to come back this week again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryWindowsolDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed the evening. Food was good. They made a nice dessert presentation for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but shortREECDined on 8/29/2014The ambience and service were great. We went with friends to explore their Miami Spice menu. Food was great as well but choices were few and very very small portions!Special Features:
- Miami Spice Reviewwantvalue4mydollarsDined on 8/29/2014The food quality is very good, however for a Steak restaurant the filet was just OK. Aged beef should be very tender and juicy, and although the meal was enjoyable, everything was good, there was nothing really notable. The potatoes were good as was the creamed spinach, the steak was tender and tasty but did not melt in your mouth. I keep expecting more from this famous steak house, and I just don't get it. To be fair, Morton's and Smith and Wolinsky fall into the same category. The value for your money is not there. I am OK with paying for great food, but, please don't charge for great food and deliver mediocre fair.Special Features:
- Nice placeRubiVIPDined on 8/23/2014Really Good crabcakes and awesome porterhouse, low lights makes it a good romantic place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFoodcomaDined on 8/23/2014Great place to celebrate any special occasion! Great food, wine list and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite for years!MarcelloDined on 8/20/2014We love this Restaurant! Any City that we visit we always look to visit the Local Ruth's Chris but this one being our local is the best for us! Our favorite waiter Ruben is exceptional and he always makes us feel so special! We would say that we are groupies of "Rubencito" as we call him! Cheers!Special Features:
- Best steakhouse in MiamiFumaDined on 8/18/2014the best steakhouse in Miami from years quality, service and ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No bad surprisesGMasDined on 8/17/2014Our food was prepared perfectly and great service as well. Great wine list too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosiDined on 8/16/2014Great food, great value with Miami Spice, and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Elegant restaurantMerciVIPDined on 8/15/2014The place is elegant and classic. The staff goes out if their way to serve customers from the moment you step in until the time you leave. The food is perfect and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUTTER, BUTTER, BUTTER EVERYWHEREBlinddogDined on 8/14/2014The crabatini was awesome, the Miami Nice menu (Caesar salad, petite filet/shrimp) was very good. The raviolis should not been on the menu--the concoction was oily--buttery--too much butter. It was returned. The cheesecake desert was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent!aranelDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner and she loved the ambiance. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 527 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables reviews archive.
- Nice restaurantjorgevellosoDined on 7/26/2014Nice restaurant but we arrived like 10pm and the waiters was rushing us to finish to close the restaurant. A restaurant like this wouldn't allow that kind of attitude. Conclusion: DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTAURANT after 9pm.Special Features:
- CE49VIPDined on 7/26/2014We are a regular at Ruth Chris. We enjoy the service at the Bar. We sit at the bar but frequently order from the main dining menu. The reception assumes when you sit at the bar, the client will order from the bar menu. This is a bad assumption. They should take care of their regular clients better. Seldom do we receive credit for visiting Ruth Chris weekly once or twice a week. The guys at the bar keep regulars returning. Food is consistent.Special Features:
- luvfoodDined on 7/21/2014Once again, we truly enjoyed our dining experience at Ruths' Chris. Jefferson our waiter was excellent. The steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Best steaks in all MiamijackVIPDined on 7/5/2014For the best Steak ever anywhere in miami, this is the place. We love it, my wife who barely eats an entire meal ever, finished her entire steak, I was like. . Looks like you enjoyed it. She loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular steak housethefoodieDined on 6/27/2014This is a regular steak house, we tried the scallops and nothing special.Special Features:
- Family FavoriteWvazquezmiamiDined on 6/26/2014This is one of our family's favorite. From adults to teens to small children in our family, we all enjoy every meal we have there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MGM1Dined on 6/23/2014Service was very slow and not attentive Shrimp plate was too soggy and shrimp over cookedSpecial Features: