Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables
2320 Salzedo Street
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3823/Coral-Gables
- Phone: (305) 461-8360
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rodger Ortiz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Coral Gables, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Coral Gables can accommodate from 12 to 100 guests for private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Samuel Guido-Cisneros 8772321174
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Coral Gables, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)notable wine list (33)romantic (31)good for groups (29)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- PorterhouseCorkage618Dined on 6/18/2014The Porterhouse is consistently one of the best steaks in South Florida. The sides could use some freshening up. Bar area for dining is uniquely fantastic.Special Features:
- ddjrDined on 6/17/2014Consistently good food, excellent steaks, comfortable atmosphere and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarmattDined on 6/15/2014The restaurant is excellent, the food and the services was also excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We love a good steak dinner but we were not impressed with the quality of the steak. My filet mignon was super small and had fat, yuk. Our waiter was nice but did not tell us about the different sauces available for our steak. I looked at a nearby table and noticed they had sauces. By the time we located our waiter and we requested the bourblanc sauce and it came, half of our small steak had already been eaten. I advised the waiter I did not want my dessert and asked him to pack it up but he kept insisting it was small and brought it out to me anyway. I felt to embarrassed to argue with him since neighboring tables could hear. I just left it and my husband took a bite. To add insult to injury, the valet was $8 for 2 hrs. Rip off!
- always goodGerryDined on 6/14/2014Helpful staff and great food. Highly recommend. Bradley was great as always. Will definetly repeatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakCaptivatingDined on 6/14/2014The food was absolutely delicious. Highly recommend the filet mignonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PinkpantherDined on 6/13/2014Have eaten at Ruth's Chris before. Always enjoy the food,service and atmosphere. Looking forward to next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFreshDined on 6/6/2014Food was fantastic. All of the side dishes were served super hot. Steaks were on sizzling plates and properly prepared as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmbtwinkleDined on 6/6/2014Enjoyable evening with friends. The bartenders know how to make a negroni . . . not a famous drink . . . We all left with bellies full and with satisfaction. Thank you.Special Features:
- Titan2Dined on 6/2/2014It would have been very nice to have the water refill before the end of the meal. Service depends on the waiter you get. Food is consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CE49VIPDined on 5/30/2014As always, perfect in every aspect. Great service, food and wine. We visit very frequently.Special Features:
- DoriVIPDined on 5/25/2014Always excellent food and service! Consistently right on target with drinks, food, wines, main entrees and desserts! Nothing on the menu is below excellent! Location great! Service is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Other Ruth's Chris's are Better!fescobar1VIPDined on 5/20/2014I ordered the Veal Osso Bucco Ravioli which was very nice & I had not had before, but the steak was just OK, not amazing as they serve it in Ruth's Chris San Salvador, this is the Ruth's Chris I recommend going to if you ever have the chance to travel there.
- Long time customerOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 4/28/2014I've been to almost 10 locations across the states many times, this was one of the worst prepared steaks I've had. With so many other premium steakhouse nearby, skip this Ruth.
- Very good but one step from greatFrancisHDined on 4/26/2014Great service, and good food but the steak lacked consistency and the swordfish special was nothing special. New York was solid and tasty, but my kids both took Filet and one was good but the other not so good which had veins and making it somewhat tough. And the swordfish was generally tasteless except for the butter it was sitting in.
- Great DiningLindaDined on 4/25/2014One of our favorite restaurants. They serve great cocktails, their steaks are excellent and cooked to perfection. Both food and service are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinneri82dayVIPDined on 4/24/2014I arrived at 6 party of 2. Service and food was great. Nice and quite at that time of day. Our server John did a great job with the wine and Sergio the servers assistant was on point with keeping things tidy. Great teamSpecial Features:
- BettyVIPDined on 4/18/2014THe service was slow unusual for that particular location, food was ok meat i guess salads quality went down perhpas because of the EASTER HOLIDAY .. hope next time is better we always enjoyed the place
- Very Bad Ruth's ChrisgreatVIPDined on 4/11/2014My wife and I eat at Ruth's Chris monthly. It is one of our favorite places to eat. We live in Indianapolis and eat at them often when we travel. This one did not get my wife's steak cooked right after sending it back. Mine was cooked ok but did not have the taste I am used to at Ruth's Chris. Service was a struggle also. I had to go find the manager to get my bill so I could pay for this horrible meal and leave. I do not recommend this location. we are eating at the one back in our hometown tonight just to make it up to her. I hope if you try this location. you have a better experience than we did. I threw $180 away on a poor meal.Special Features:
- Outstanding service and foodRaymacDined on 3/22/2014Outstanding service and food quality. Never a disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavy and FatteningLulabirdVIPDined on 3/22/2014This is an ideal restaurant if you have no cares about eating healthy. Of course, it's a steak house yet, there should be sufficient options if you are not a meat eater. They were out of Maine lobster at 7;30 on a Saturday night. Everything was doused in butter and/or cream. The healthier choice was a seabass or barbeque shrimp. The sea bass was good but the BBQ shrimp was inundated with heavy sauce served on of a very rich mashed potatoes. It's no wonder that the majority of diners were quite heavy. Our meat eaters were happy with their steaks.Special Features:
- Excellent food, unattentive serviceLewisDined on 3/20/2014We went to the restaurant to celebrate my son's birthday, at the beginning the service was just ok, but after the food was served the waiter (David) just disappeared, we finished the main course, and after 15 minutes waiting for the waiter to order desserts we asked another server to help us out, He talked to our waiter but He came to help us after another 5 minutes so we decided to leave without dessert and finish the occasion at home. The food was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything on pointKfamily4VIPDined on 3/20/2014It was anniversary time and this Ruth's chris did not disappoint. They even had a special table with decorations and card all ready. While this was great the food and service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Excellent for special occasions!CarolineDined on 3/15/2014We wish we could go every week! But budget being what it is, we reserve our trips here for special occasions. The food is excellent and the service awesome. My soup (on the classic menu) was of the right balance of taste - not sure how they can do any better. The rest of meals were fantastic too. We just wish we could go more often :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great service this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014From the four dishes ordered only one came ok after a long time waiting. Explanation from server: there was a large group(?) in a private ambience. Didn't they know beforehand the groupnwas coming? One stake was overcooked, one was raw, both were ordered medium. One side was cold. After re-orderd, returned uncooked. As a reward, we got two free desserts. It was my wife birthday and our 24th weding anniversary. Julio was a great server, but unable to make up for the frustrating service coming from kitchen team. Too expednsive for such a frustrating service in a very very special celebrarion day.
- Return to Ruth ChrisSavmanDined on 3/2/2014Scheduled a birthday celebration for my son with five of us. The service was outstanding. Overall almost all the dishes were superior. My only negative comment has to do with the steak which was a 12 ounce ribeye that have a lot of fat running through it. For the level of what Ruth Chris's supposed to be compared to a capital Grille I expected better quality steak for The prices they chargeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2014There are many high end restaurants here in Coral Gables, FL. They differentiate from each other by ambiance and service. The food at most of these high end restaurants are all terrific. The ambiance is loud in all of them but the main difference between Ruths Chris and the other restaurants is service. From the moment you walk in to the time you walk out, you are treated special and as if they actually want you to come back. To me, I do not wish to spend a lot of money just to get upset at the service. None the less, I give this restaurant an A+ for the waiter and the manager.Special Features:
- Best First Time ExperienceKingNeptune07Dined on 2/21/2014This was my first experience at Ruth's Chris and it was an amazingly unforgettable one. The food was amazing, delicious stuffed chicken and perfectly cooked steak. Treated like seasoned guests and felt like home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst anniversary ever.RolandoDined on 2/15/2014You think they would get the food right, wrong, waiter was nice, when she was around, will never go back, there are plenty of restaurants in the Gables, live and learn, is not what it used to be. I had to eat by myself, since my wifes food had to go back two times.
- Best steak ever!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014The only place you can have a filet minon as juicy as a ribeye!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerJACKIEDined on 2/14/2014our dinner experience was good although, one of the steaks was over cooked. A waiter passed by and smacked my husband with a table cloth on his face...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Ruth Chris. The serviceCE49VIPDined on 2/14/2014We love Ruth Chris. The service is greta, friendly accommodating. We definitely are repeats. Carlos and Eneida Valdes-LoraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual a perfect dinnerLboeruDined on 2/8/2014The food is excellent without limiting the variety. The waiters are trained well. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal as usual. ConsitentlBirthdaydinnerDined on 2/8/2014Wonderful meal as usual. Consitently good. Will return many times.Special Features:
- As always the Ruth Chris presentedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/7/2014As always the Ruth Chris presented us with an great experience.Special Features:
- Amazing as always!IluvruthchrisDined on 2/5/2014Highly recommend Ruth Chris the food and service is amazing! I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as usualBroncoVIPDined on 2/1/2014Once again, great food and service for our party of 9. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualBroncoVIPDined on 1/24/2014Dined with a group of 7 recently. I arrived first and round table, as I requested, was set up and ready to go. My requested server was assigned to my table and we all had a wonderful time. The only minor flaw was that they did not have the proper glass to serve a special port wine I had brought from home. I suggested, and we used champagne flutes. This was a business dinner involving some very special clients. Thanks to all who helped!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/21/2014Great steaks and service. Food is always good and waiters are very knowledgable of wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birrhday SurpriseMariDined on 1/16/2014I loved the plkace, the service the FOOD SUPERB, I said it was my partners Birthday, table was decorated, got the BEST DESERT I HAVE EVER HAD, COMPLIMENTS of the restaurant. We had a great time, we are going bck for sure. Thanks!!! The service was SUPER SUPERSpecial Features: