Ruth's Chris Steak House - DC - Connecticut NW
1801 Connecticut, N.W.
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - DC - Connecticut NW
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3501/Washington/Connecticut-Ave
- Phone: (202) 797-0033
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Yolanda Ruiz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Washington, DC - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Connecticut Avenue offers 2 private rooms for up to 12 & 50 guests each.
- Private Party Contact: Lerma Willett 8773764258
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - DC - Connecticut NW
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Washington DC serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - DC - Connecticut NW - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - DC - Connecticut NW reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)romantic (21)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (15)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- The chefJae37Dined on 10/25/2014My food wasn't so good this time around. I had to send food back, it just wasn't up to my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special OccasionCraigfromDCDined on 10/25/2014It was my wife's birthday dinner and we had visited once before 6 months ago. The food at this location has been excellent on both occasions with plenty of options for varying budgets. Special care was taken for this occasion by the staff including a small table decoration. The room is comfortable but not too informal and the staff if both friendly and professional. Thanks guys. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014When we do Ruths it's usually Bethesda. The service and ambiance here compared to Bethesda was lacking. The Bethesda location dotes over their customers, the waiters know your name when they greet you, drinks are never empty...the Dupont location lacked all of that. I probably would not go back to this location againSpecial Features:
- Just okayShannaVIPDined on 10/2/2014Food was disappointing. Tired the lobster Mac and cheese very disappointing $18 on elbow noodles with no cheese and lobster thrown on top. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.Special Features:
- Excellent food, ok ambianceDadamDined on 9/27/2014I've been to Ruth's Chris before, but this time I felt the level of service was not up to par as other times. Food was excellent, and we had a great time, but I expected more as compared to other times, especially compared to the Tyson's location.
- RCS - A Wonderful Steak Houseliv2eatoutDined on 9/26/2014Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is a truly excellent special occasion restaurant. All the food is superb but the steaks are especially magnificent - flavorful, tender and beautifully cooked to order. We made a last-minute reservation and still were given a splendid table with a gorgeous view of Connecticut Avenue's elegant street scene. Our waitress, Kierra, was charming and professional. The timing of the courses was just right. No one would describe a meal here as inexpensive but you come away feeling it is good value for the money because every detail is lovely from the moment you get out of the car and it is whisked away by the valet to the moment you leave and everyone wishes you a warm goodbye. Simply a first-rate experience. Thanks, RCS!Special Features:
- Back AgainPattiDined on 9/23/2014We always book with Ruth Chris when in town on business. Never disappointed. The mushrooms were particularly delicious this time.Special Features:
- Outstanding!LoveToEatDined on 8/16/2014The food and customer service are Always Above and Beyond.Special Features:
- Dissapointing ExperienceDCDinerDined on 8/15/2014We ate here during Restaurant Week because we had enjoyed Ruth's Chris in Boston and wanted to give the Bethesda location a try. Our waiter was clearly not a fan of Restaurant Week and immediately tried to steer us toward a more expensive menu option. When we opted for the Restaurant Week menu, we were begrudgingly served a sub-par dinner selection. There was nothing special whatsover about the salad. The steak was good, but the main course was a boring, 'bare bones' presentation of steak and bland potatoes. The menu listed three options for dessert, but our waiter didn't bother to tell us that they were out of the third option, and instead served us what they had on hand. We were dissapointed in the whole experience; food & service.
- Delish!!!AngeDined on 8/12/2014As always I love Ruth Chris! I had the Restaurant Week special, the mixed grill, which was really good and a glass of Meomi Pinot Noir. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and so did my daughter who had the kids stuffed chicken breast. The service was great. Loved my dining experience. I always visit this location when I'm in DC and I frequently visit the location in Houston as well.Special Features:
- Everything was delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2014The filet was cooked perfectly. I highly recommend adding the blue cheese crumbles.Special Features:
- Anniversary success!DCFoodiesVIPDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I spent our 1st anniversary at this restaurant enjoying an intimate dinner. Since I put in the comments that it was a special occasion they actually had some fun confetti on the table and everyone made sure to wish us a happy anniversary. On top of the always amazing food and service, they really made the night super special. Thanks to the team @ Ruth Chris for helping us kick off the next year of marriage with a spectacular evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was good by server BUT.....WatcoachDined on 7/30/2014Although the service was good by the waitress and staff we were very disappointed when there was no reduction of our bill by the manager. When going to eat a caesar salad a SCREW was found in the salad! Yes a SCREW!. The manager was apologetic and even told us the SCREW was from the pepper mill and offered us a drink. None of us drink so we declined. A new salad was brought but we were still charged for the salad. We felt that the salad should have been complimentary at least. Imagine if the SCREW had been ingested how that would have been a total disaster.Special Features:
- The following 737 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - DC - Connecticut NW reviews archive.
- is there value for the dollar?PES50VIPDined on 7/24/2014Food is excellent. Atmosphere is very clubby and in fact the vast majority of diners were men. That being said, 125 for a steak, salad, vegetable and dessert seems quite high and probably not for everyone.Special Features:
- Poorly ManagedWillVIPDined on 7/18/2014This is a poorly managed restaurant that doesn't meet the same standards as other restaurants in the chain. The waiters and host staff need better training. The restaurant is dirty and outdated. The restaurant needs an overhaul.
- CoffeeCMAETDined on 7/6/2014It took awhile to get coffee that was hot. Other than that the experience was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is great, however...DavidDDined on 7/3/2014With all the new restaurants in DC Ruth's Chris could stand an updating. Restaurant was more than half empty and it was about 10 minutes before someone came to the table. Then our entrees came to the table while we were still working on appetizer. Too slow then too fast. Ruth's Chris use to set the bar. Now it's just mediocre at best.
- A shadow of its former selfnycinnkeeperDined on 7/1/2014Wait staff was sub-standard at best. I took my friend out for his birthday. Had to ask for things like bread and water too often -- perhaps the restaurant is cutting back on costs? (The restaurant was not that busy and I didn't see that they were short staffed). I noticed this on both visits in the past year. In earlier years this place delivered on all counts (my dining companion was especially a fan) but at these prices they simply no longer deserve my/our support which is a shame. I hope they can improve upon the service and return to the level of professionalism of years passed.
- Great food, but misses the markFreshVIPDined on 6/28/2014Our food was great -- yummy cocktails, perfectly cooked filet mignon, delicious sweet potato and pecan casserole. Waiter was attentive and good, too. Where they fall short is ambiance. Although it costs the same, this is no Prime Rib. There is no dress code, so sloppy tourists in Tshirts abound. The guy who escorted us to our table didn't understand that he was supposed to pull out my chair - even when I stood there waiting. Guess he wasn't trained properly -- at home or at the restaurant! As noted, food and service are excellent, but if you also want a gracious and refined ambiance for all the money you are spending, Ruth Chris (at Dupont location anyway) is NOT the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place for steaks!ChazDined on 6/21/2014Service, food, atmosphere mist excellent. My only complaint is that it is grossly overpriced. I believe more expensive than other RC locations but I have found that everything in Wash DC is expensive..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatNovaEaterDined on 6/21/2014we were hoping for a little more quiet, but impossible to get away from bar (world cup) noise. otherwise, typical good Ruths Chris food.Special Features:
- 50th B'dayH2oersDined on 6/19/2014what a GREAT meal for a 50th B'day Celebration we really enjoyed itSpecial Features:
- Wait staffDaveVIPDined on 6/11/2014Our waiter was very nice but did not do a good job of serving us. He was slow, didn't stop by often, etc. Other tables that were seated after us got their food before us. The food itself was wonderful and we still had a nice meal... just very surprised by particularly poor wait staff service at Ruth's where it's usually great.Special Features:
- Not worthy of the Ruth's Chris nameHonestOpinionDined on 6/5/2014Very nicely designed interior although ceilings are a bit too low. Service was terrible for a slow night. We were rushed and asked for our food orders without being asked for drinks. The food was average at best. Not a good value considering the prices are comparable to superior steak houses down town. A group was seated adjacent to us and we're allowed two small dogs to join the party. I am a fog lover, but not where I eat. Food is subjective, many people have many different opinions. I believe many will find this location acceptable. I have been to many Ruth'Chris in many cities. This one was the worst by far. In my opinion I can't believe it is allowed to carry the name.
- NiceEricaDined on 5/17/2014Julio did an excellent job accommodating us even though it was so unusually busy ( graduating weekend) . They ran out of my champagne, but they went out of their way to fix the problem. We were very pleased . Service was excellent. You have a great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicePJ2448Dined on 5/17/2014This place is top notch. We eat here every year while attending the Realtor Party Convention & Trade Expo. The server we had on Saturday night was awesome. She always made sure that the food was good, kept out water glasses full. If you not been to location in DC then you might just want to put it on your buck list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booth for TwoWesternTravelerDined on 5/16/2014Nice intimate booth for two in the main floor dining area. Service was excellent and response to a food preparation concern was perfect. The lobster & filet combo was outstanding. I did miss not having oysters, mussels or some other shellfish for an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration Dinner!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 5/16/2014We had a party of six for dinner to celebrate our younger son's graduation from GW University. The food was excellent and the wait staff was very patient, helpful, and attentive. We had a great time and I would recommend Ruth's Chris (NW) to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionally bad service one nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/3/2014I've eaten at this Ruth's a dozen times, and at others more often than that. Last Saturday (5/3) was the worst service I've had at any Ruth's Chris, and easily the worst at any of the major DC steakhouses. We had a small issue early on--took 20 mins to fill drink order, then gave a short pour--which was no big deal. But after we complained about it our service level went to zero. When drinks were not quite empty, our server grabbed them off the table without pausing to ask if we wanted to order another. When one person did order a new one, he turned away before others could order too. Did that twice! Didn't stop to ask if food was done correctly (it was). Cleared half-full side dishes w/o asking if done (we weren't). The worst.
- RenovateDCLocalDined on 4/26/2014This Ruth's Chris is in desperate need of a renovation. Unfortunately it looks so old, dark and dingy that I wouldn't want to go back. It's a shame because the food was good.
- Wonderful steakMedicVIPDined on 4/23/2014I didn't even know there was one near my hotel, but found the service to be impectible Wonderful food and fantastic staff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitress was not friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014waitress was not friendly - in fact rude, and did not listen. Our food order was all mixed up - they couldn't fix it, so we had to trade ourselves, and change the toppings as they were all wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris has the best steaksSusieDined on 4/7/2014Being from New Orleans, I have gone to Ruth's Chris for many years for my steaks. I wouldn't go anywhere else. The meat is superb and the broiling in butter is to me the only way to cook them. Thank goodness they are here in DC and all over the U.S.!Special Features:
- My taste buds have been enlightenedSteakenthusiastDined on 4/2/2014This restaurant is beyond comparison in my opinion. My girlfriend had a birthday this week and so I decided to treat her to a restaurant we had never been to, and the nicest restaurant either of us have ever experienced. After eating the food I felt like it was not only her birthday but mine too! Best steak I have ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time @ Ruth's ChrisLovelyBEEDined on 3/29/2014Our Waiter Was Extremely Nice & Vibrant His Name Was Gene. He Knew That Menu Inside & Out Which Was Good. Only Think Was The Nosie Level Was Pretty Loud. When Dining Here Expect To Pay A Nice Amount & Sides Are Seperate. Food Came Out As Soon As It Was Done Which Was Excellent. Overall The Experience Was WonderfulSpecial Features:
- YumAmyBVIPDined on 3/29/2014Food is excellent. Service is ok but could be a bit more professional. Drinks are very over priced and mixed drinks are not made well. Had to send back a barcardi and diet coke - really - is that a hard one to make?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish it weren't so noisy..GrandmaTeachingGrandsonDined on 3/21/2014I've eaten at several Ruth's Chris Steakhouses previously, including this one. The rib-eye was better this time than at any other before. If you didn't have ears, you'd look around and say this was a 5-star restaurant. But the noise level was too loud. I prefer silence plus soft music. The steak was wonderful! Actually, I ordered a salad and my husband ordered the steak, but he ordered the large steak so he could share it with me. It was one of the best I've ever eaten! The salad was great too. The service was quite good, plus good coffee and dessert. We were in DC letting our Grandson experience new things and seeing the Nation's Capitol/Capital. He was unimpressed with the restaurant, but what can you expect - he's 12.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MealFrankVIPDined on 2/26/2014This location stuck to the Ruth Chris reputation all over the country in that they have great food and good people working at their restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant for a celebration2good2betrueDined on 2/21/2014We were very happy with all of our dinner selections. The steaks were done exactly the way we wanted, the sides were very generous and the presentation was perfect. The noise level was a little loud but not off putting. The service could have a little more attentive, but over all it was a very nice evening and we all would return and recommend this restaurant to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner Number 2FamilyDinnerDined on 2/18/2014First time to eat at an RC. We've been to other Steakhouses before so we decided to try RC. Glad we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.