Ruth's Chris Steak House - Clayton
1 North Brentwood Suite 150
Clayton, MO 63105Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Clayton
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: 3147839900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth’s Chris, Clayton has 5 private rooms and
outdoor patio available for private events. We seat groups from 6 to 100 in a relaxed, elegant atmosphere. Meetings, birthdays or rehearsal dinners, you will enjoy our New Orleans inspired cuisine of prime meats, fresh seafood, side dishes and desserts
- Private Party Contact: Mindy DeBold 3147839900x
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Clayton
Ruth's Chris offers a warm & elegant atmosphere with a staff that caters to your every need only to be matched by the highest quality food & wine list in town. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for 2, an important business dinner or a private party, fully handicapped accessible, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs. Ruth's Chris never fails to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Clayton - Best Restaurants in Clayton ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Clayton reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)romantic (24)notable wine list (21)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (12)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent experience and serviceBizGalDined on 10/15/2014I wish I could give John our server 15 stars. He was OUTSTANDING!!! We celebrated my husband's birthday and were treated royally. Our last RC experience in Chicago was awful, to the point we weren't going to return ever again. John and the team at the Clayton location reversed that experience. Food quality, service and environment were all excellent and what we expect from Ruth's Chris. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteKonaVIPDined on 10/9/2014Always consistent, great steaks, gumbo, sweet potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKRocketmanVIPDined on 9/27/2014I booked a dinner with my wife to celebrate our anniversary. I was surprised that we got seated right next to the kitchen and that spoiled the evening as the noise from the servers and clanging dishes (combined with the loud Pop(?) music from the speakers) made it difficult to enjoy any conversations. The food was prepared well and presented well. I order a very nice bottle of red wine and was shocked when it arrived at a temperature warmer than the room. I had to ask to have the wine iced to bring it to a more servable temp. The service was fair, but not great. Overall I think it might have been a better experience but begin seated right next to the ktichen and where the servers were coming and going was just unpleasant.Special Features:
- Just okFwnativeDined on 9/26/2014The steak was simply ok. I can do much better at home. Slightly overcooked. Medium not medium rare. Hair in the salad. Just not what we paid for. Underwhelmed.
- okay but not as good as advertizedMargoDined on 9/23/2014We dined a Tuesday night and the place was only 1/4 full. We came for a special that we thought was filet and lobster but turned out to be filet and king crab legs. Filet was okay, cooked to my liking but the crab legs were awful, dried out and tasteless. The creamed spinach and summer salad was very good. The waitress kept changing the dessert on us, first it was supposed to be chocolate mousse, then something else and it ended up being bread pudding with a few (and I mean a few) berries on the side. Lesson is don't go there for the specials; their specials do not live up to the restaurants reputation. For the $$$ we spent (drinks and wine were ordered all around for a party of 5), we did not get the value we were anticipating.Special Features:
- Steak overcookedLaurenDined on 9/6/2014Ordered 6oz filet with crab legs...was quite bummed when my steak came out over cooked. They of course took care of it and made me another one cooked perfectly, but it was unfortunate to not get to enjoy the crab with the steak, as I had to eat the crab while waiting for the new steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our 15 years anniversary this weekend and chose Ruth Chris Steakhouse in Clayton for our dining venue. We had wonderful time, everyone from the front desk to our server was just amazing. They made sure that our evening was unforgettable. The food was quite amazing and we literally cleaned our plates :) Thank you for amazing food and customer service.Special Features:
- GreatPoppagDined on 8/21/2014This was a great find for my wife and I. We love the location, atmosphere, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AnniversarySteakluverVIPDined on 8/9/2014Ruth Chris is one of our favorite restaurants. So it was fitting to go there an celebrate our anniversary. Everything was wonderful from the minute we walked in the door. The food is always consistently amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun nighthadsDined on 7/29/2014we sat out side for happy hour - lovely evening - food was very good and a great bargainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy At Ruth ChrisDelightfulDined on 7/20/2014The food is always cooked to perfection; just as specified. The best food in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic staff, fantastic food!Alwaysaproject7Dined on 7/20/2014The staff was absolutely wonderful, paying attention to every detail. The food was delicious, and the portion size was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunoDined on 7/20/2014The welcoming staff was very attentive and the service was very nic e as well. I realize that it was restaurant week but the steak was very tough and difficult to ear. The salmon was excellent in flavor according to the other couple. It was a nice touch to receive the birthday cream cheese sample. It was a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!JaniceDined on 7/20/2014We went during restaurant week in Clayton so it was very affordable. Everything was excellent! The steaks were the best we have had in years! While the regular menu is out of my normal price range, I will "save up" to go there on special occasions. Our server was very attentive without being intrusive. I had expected a bit "less", since we were there for restaurant week, and her earnings were going to take a hit from lower checks, thus tips. But we were made to feel like the wealthiest patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My only complaints were that the music did not fit the atmosphere. And a family showed up wearing tshirts and shorts. The service was Great. The food was wonderful. The decor was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner - Clayton Restaurant WeekKS13Dined on 7/19/2014We've eaten here on several occasions but this time we came during Clayton Restaurant Week. The menu had a great selection, and most of the items were the quality that you would expect from Ruth's Chris, except for the pre-selected dessert - a so-called mini version of their carrot cake. What was served was a cold, dry carrot cake brownie. While my guest had the pre-selected dessert, I opted to upgrade to the creme brulee, which was delicious as usual. Other than the dessert, everything else about our meal was wonderful. Our server Darryl was awesome, professional and friendly. I hope they continue to participate in restaurant week, but reconsider the dessert selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service /excellent foodLuxuryTravelerOnABudgetDined on 7/19/2014Steak was prepared perfectly... Lovely quiet dinner. Server Tim was excellent.Special Features:
- Worth the tripNikkiDined on 7/18/2014I loved the service in this place. You can tell that the staff have been trained well. In addition, the food was excellent. The lobster bisque soup was flavorful, chicken cooked to perfection, and dessert to die for. My dining partner had a steak that arrived sizzling and oh so mouthwatering juicy. The shrimp were seasoned and cooked perfectly. It was very busy on a Friday night when we went so the noise levels, I'm assuming, were louder than normal. Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014The best part of our visit was the server John. He knew so much about the restaurant and he was extremely personable. I look forward to visiting again and I would request John. We set outside because the inside was freezingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightPatriceDined on 7/18/2014Everyone that we encountered at Ruth Chris provided stellar customer service. The waiter was very attentive without being worrisome and made great suggestions. I ordered the blackened salmon which was delicious and my husband stated that his filet was the same. Our drinks never got below half. The manager also introduced himself to ensure that we were having a great experience. The ambiance was very nice. I stated to my husband that the background music was nice and at the perfect volume. We truly enjoyed everything about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014It could be very expensive. Dinner was very good. Our waitress had a good personality and was patient.Special Features:
- FlynnDined on 7/18/2014This was an outstanding dining experience. A professional waiter (Mike S) who was excellent, terrific attention paid to us by the staff, a perfectly mixed martini and glass of wine. The food was perfect. Steak, blackened salmon, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach and finished off with carrot cake. One of the best meals we have had in many years. 5 stars+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clayton Restaurant Week- 2014stlouisfoodieDined on 7/17/2014Special dinner options for this event were very good. The four us really enjoyed our meals. When making the reservation, I mentioned that we were celebrating our 48th anniversary. From the confirming phone call, to the hostesses, to all of our wait staff, each person congratulated us. The hostess even spread rose petals on the table as she sat us. Our server, Gretchen, who was on her own for the first time, was very good. Great personality and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionStLEdDined on 7/17/2014Our girlfriend group likes to get together a few times a year for a really nice dinner. This was our third time at RC and it met all expectations. Wonderful service and great food. Just a low buzz in the room - energetic but we could still hear each other without having to speak loudly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SL55 GuySaintLewisDined on 7/16/20141st time visit. A hit. Simply put. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- ArchitectSteveDined on 7/16/2014Superb experience - great food, service, and ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014We had a great time there. Hadn't been in a long time. The food was just as good if not better than we remembered and our server, Daryll, treated us as if we were his only table.Special Features:
- A favoriteCarnivoreDined on 7/16/2014As usual, the food was delicious. Unfortunately, sides came out tepid rather than hot. The restaurant was very busy, so we did not comment or send them back. Service is always attentive and friendly, both from the primary server and the rest of the staff.Special Features:
- Absolutely Fabulous5PromoDined on 7/15/2014Our dining experience was great! Jeff, Staci, and John are all awesome! We truly appreciate businesses that go out of their way to make customers feel appreciated. Customer service is an art...and they are awesome at it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 374 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Clayton reviews archive.
- Favorite Steakhouse in ClaytonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014The food is awesome. It's my favorite steakhouse in St. Louis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The salmon that was ordered was not prepared properly. However, because of this the waiter did not charge us for the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an overall disappointmentJimSDined on 6/7/2014We've been to Ruth's many times, and to this restaurant several times. We had a reservation for a Saturday and were taken to a table adjacent to the service hallway. After objection and a few minutes, we were taken into an empty dining room and given a table in the corner. It generally seems that this restaurant places the dining tables too close together for dining comfort. Service was good, my filet was outstanding, the steaks for my sons not so much. Salads were disappointing; my chopped salad, shared with my daughter-in-law, was tired and minuscule in portion. Vegetables were just ok. Creamed spinach and sweet potatoes were up to par, mashed potatoes and asparagus were not. We were disappointed and won't be back anytime soon.
- Too pricey for just OkFoodie4sureDined on 5/31/2014Menu selection poor. I expected to have more of a seafood selection than just Salmon. The tables are way too close together for the price you pay for a meal. I felt like we were eating dinner with the table next to us because we could hear their entire conversation & they were not necessarily loud talkers. I did order from the Pre-Fixe menu...Salad, 6oz filet, stuffed chicken, roasted tomato, creamed spinach & small creme brulee'. Stuffed chicken was cooked well & was very good. Filet was too done. Actually it was probably too small to cook medium. Husband ordered the Ribeye which he said was cooked very good & tastey however, too pricey considering you have to order your sides separately.Special Features:
- Steaks done rightLove2EatDined on 5/24/2014Since eating at Ruth's Chris, my husband and I will never order another steak from any other place...the way that they cook the steaks, the cuts of meat that they serve, and the different crusts that you can put on your steak is so perfect that my mouth is watering just thinking about them! The wine list is amazing and the specials that they have are well worth getting. The restaurant is beautiful, staff is amazing, and manager was always present, friendly, and on top of it! I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to eat the best steak and have a romantic night out.Special Features:
- Frustrating!!!RandyKDined on 5/17/2014After an expensive day of furniture shopping, my wife and I decided to dine at Ruth's Chris in Clayton. Rather than hassle with finding a place to park, we opted to use valet parking, which was trouble-free. So far, so good. When I told the hostess that we did not have a reservation, she said that other than eating at a high top table in the bar, the restaurant was booked all evening and no tables would be available. Upon leaving, my wife used her smart phone, and made a reservation for only 15 minutes later through Open Table. At least Open Table is user-friendly! Other than being frustrated by an inflexible and unaccommodating hostess, our filet dinners in the dining room were outstanding.
- Love this restaurantlovemyfish55VIPDined on 5/15/2014The food was outstanding. We had the pre-set menu, and it was great, even the price. Darryl was our server and he was very good, pleasant, knowledgeable about the menu, and everything was handled very nice. We have dined there before, and will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the foodconnieDined on 5/11/2014the food and service was great except didnt get the bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014I've dined there before with always a very pleasant experience, but this fell below my expectations. The service was slow and disjointed. The food was just ok. Also, "No shirt, No service" should also include underwear showing no service.
- service needs more starsjhenchDined on 5/3/2014steaks and side dishes were up to Ruth's typical standards, but our server deserves more than 5 stars. Darryl was properly attentive without hovering, corrected a kitchen mistake without making a big deal and had the personality of PR king. we walked out with huge smiles. it was our anniversary and the rose petals on the table were a nice touch. even tho there was a large outdoor dining area, it was next to some huge machinery which pretty well ruined the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impresseddcdineDined on 4/20/2014we were not impressed by Easter Brunch. A restaurant with the credibilty and caliber of this we expected much more.Special Features: