Ruth's Chris Steak House - Clayton
1 North Brentwood Suite 150
Clayton, MO 63105Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Clayton
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: 3147839900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Paul Their
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth’s Chris, Clayton has 5 private rooms and outdoor patio available for private events. We seat groups from 6 to 100 in a relaxed, elegant atmosphere. Meetings, birthdays or rehearsal dinners, you will enjoy our New Orleans inspired cuisine of prime meats, fresh seafood, side dishes and desserts
- Private Party Contact: Alicia Nienhaus 3147839900
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Clayton
Ruth's Chris offers a warm & elegant atmosphere with a staff that caters to your every need only to be matched by the highest quality food & wine list in town. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for 2, an important business lunch or dinner or a private party, fully handicapped accessible, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs. Ruth's Chris never fails to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Clayton - Best Restaurants in Clayton ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Clayton reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)romantic (30)notable wine list (23)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our 15 years anniversary this weekend and chose Ruth Chris Steakhouse in Clayton for our dining venue. We had wonderful time, everyone from the front desk to our server was just amazing. They made sure that our evening was unforgettable. The food was quite amazing and we literally cleaned our plates :) Thank you for amazing food and customer service.Special Features:
- GreatPoppagDined on 8/21/2014This was a great find for my wife and I. We love the location, atmosphere, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AnniversarySteakluverVIPDined on 8/9/2014Ruth Chris is one of our favorite restaurants. So it was fitting to go there an celebrate our anniversary. Everything was wonderful from the minute we walked in the door. The food is always consistently amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun nighthadsDined on 7/29/2014we sat out side for happy hour - lovely evening - food was very good and a great bargainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy At Ruth ChrisDelightfulDined on 7/20/2014The food is always cooked to perfection; just as specified. The best food in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic staff, fantastic food!Alwaysaproject7Dined on 7/20/2014The staff was absolutely wonderful, paying attention to every detail. The food was delicious, and the portion size was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunoDined on 7/20/2014The welcoming staff was very attentive and the service was very nic e as well. I realize that it was restaurant week but the steak was very tough and difficult to ear. The salmon was excellent in flavor according to the other couple. It was a nice touch to receive the birthday cream cheese sample. It was a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!JaniceDined on 7/20/2014We went during restaurant week in Clayton so it was very affordable. Everything was excellent! The steaks were the best we have had in years! While the regular menu is out of my normal price range, I will "save up" to go there on special occasions. Our server was very attentive without being intrusive. I had expected a bit "less", since we were there for restaurant week, and her earnings were going to take a hit from lower checks, thus tips. But we were made to feel like the wealthiest patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My only complaints were that the music did not fit the atmosphere. And a family showed up wearing tshirts and shorts. The service was Great. The food was wonderful. The decor was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner - Clayton Restaurant WeekKS13Dined on 7/19/2014We've eaten here on several occasions but this time we came during Clayton Restaurant Week. The menu had a great selection, and most of the items were the quality that you would expect from Ruth's Chris, except for the pre-selected dessert - a so-called mini version of their carrot cake. What was served was a cold, dry carrot cake brownie. While my guest had the pre-selected dessert, I opted to upgrade to the creme brulee, which was delicious as usual. Other than the dessert, everything else about our meal was wonderful. Our server Darryl was awesome, professional and friendly. I hope they continue to participate in restaurant week, but reconsider the dessert selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service /excellent foodLuxuryTravelerOnABudgetDined on 7/19/2014Steak was prepared perfectly... Lovely quiet dinner. Server Tim was excellent.Special Features:
- Worth the tripNikkiDined on 7/18/2014I loved the service in this place. You can tell that the staff have been trained well. In addition, the food was excellent. The lobster bisque soup was flavorful, chicken cooked to perfection, and dessert to die for. My dining partner had a steak that arrived sizzling and oh so mouthwatering juicy. The shrimp were seasoned and cooked perfectly. It was very busy on a Friday night when we went so the noise levels, I'm assuming, were louder than normal. Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014The best part of our visit was the server John. He knew so much about the restaurant and he was extremely personable. I look forward to visiting again and I would request John. We set outside because the inside was freezingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightPatriceDined on 7/18/2014Everyone that we encountered at Ruth Chris provided stellar customer service. The waiter was very attentive without being worrisome and made great suggestions. I ordered the blackened salmon which was delicious and my husband stated that his filet was the same. Our drinks never got below half. The manager also introduced himself to ensure that we were having a great experience. The ambiance was very nice. I stated to my husband that the background music was nice and at the perfect volume. We truly enjoyed everything about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014It could be very expensive. Dinner was very good. Our waitress had a good personality and was patient.Special Features:
- FlynnDined on 7/18/2014This was an outstanding dining experience. A professional waiter (Mike S) who was excellent, terrific attention paid to us by the staff, a perfectly mixed martini and glass of wine. The food was perfect. Steak, blackened salmon, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach and finished off with carrot cake. One of the best meals we have had in many years. 5 stars+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clayton Restaurant Week- 2014stlouisfoodieDined on 7/17/2014Special dinner options for this event were very good. The four us really enjoyed our meals. When making the reservation, I mentioned that we were celebrating our 48th anniversary. From the confirming phone call, to the hostesses, to all of our wait staff, each person congratulated us. The hostess even spread rose petals on the table as she sat us. Our server, Gretchen, who was on her own for the first time, was very good. Great personality and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionStLEdDined on 7/17/2014Our girlfriend group likes to get together a few times a year for a really nice dinner. This was our third time at RC and it met all expectations. Wonderful service and great food. Just a low buzz in the room - energetic but we could still hear each other without having to speak loudly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SL55 GuySaintLewisDined on 7/16/20141st time visit. A hit. Simply put. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- ArchitectSteveDined on 7/16/2014Superb experience - great food, service, and ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014We had a great time there. Hadn't been in a long time. The food was just as good if not better than we remembered and our server, Daryll, treated us as if we were his only table.Special Features:
- A favoriteCarnivoreDined on 7/16/2014As usual, the food was delicious. Unfortunately, sides came out tepid rather than hot. The restaurant was very busy, so we did not comment or send them back. Service is always attentive and friendly, both from the primary server and the rest of the staff.Special Features:
- Absolutely Fabulous5PromoDined on 7/15/2014Our dining experience was great! Jeff, Staci, and John are all awesome! We truly appreciate businesses that go out of their way to make customers feel appreciated. Customer service is an art...and they are awesome at it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Steakhouse in ClaytonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014The food is awesome. It's my favorite steakhouse in St. Louis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The salmon that was ordered was not prepared properly. However, because of this the waiter did not charge us for the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an overall disappointmentJimSDined on 6/7/2014We've been to Ruth's many times, and to this restaurant several times. We had a reservation for a Saturday and were taken to a table adjacent to the service hallway. After objection and a few minutes, we were taken into an empty dining room and given a table in the corner. It generally seems that this restaurant places the dining tables too close together for dining comfort. Service was good, my filet was outstanding, the steaks for my sons not so much. Salads were disappointing; my chopped salad, shared with my daughter-in-law, was tired and minuscule in portion. Vegetables were just ok. Creamed spinach and sweet potatoes were up to par, mashed potatoes and asparagus were not. We were disappointed and won't be back anytime soon.
- Too pricey for just OkFoodie4sureDined on 5/31/2014Menu selection poor. I expected to have more of a seafood selection than just Salmon. The tables are way too close together for the price you pay for a meal. I felt like we were eating dinner with the table next to us because we could hear their entire conversation & they were not necessarily loud talkers. I did order from the Pre-Fixe menu...Salad, 6oz filet, stuffed chicken, roasted tomato, creamed spinach & small creme brulee'. Stuffed chicken was cooked well & was very good. Filet was too done. Actually it was probably too small to cook medium. Husband ordered the Ribeye which he said was cooked very good & tastey however, too pricey considering you have to order your sides separately.Special Features:
- Steaks done rightLove2EatDined on 5/24/2014Since eating at Ruth's Chris, my husband and I will never order another steak from any other place...the way that they cook the steaks, the cuts of meat that they serve, and the different crusts that you can put on your steak is so perfect that my mouth is watering just thinking about them! The wine list is amazing and the specials that they have are well worth getting. The restaurant is beautiful, staff is amazing, and manager was always present, friendly, and on top of it! I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to eat the best steak and have a romantic night out.Special Features:
- Frustrating!!!RandyKDined on 5/17/2014After an expensive day of furniture shopping, my wife and I decided to dine at Ruth's Chris in Clayton. Rather than hassle with finding a place to park, we opted to use valet parking, which was trouble-free. So far, so good. When I told the hostess that we did not have a reservation, she said that other than eating at a high top table in the bar, the restaurant was booked all evening and no tables would be available. Upon leaving, my wife used her smart phone, and made a reservation for only 15 minutes later through Open Table. At least Open Table is user-friendly! Other than being frustrated by an inflexible and unaccommodating hostess, our filet dinners in the dining room were outstanding.
- Love this restaurantlovemyfish55VIPDined on 5/15/2014The food was outstanding. We had the pre-set menu, and it was great, even the price. Darryl was our server and he was very good, pleasant, knowledgeable about the menu, and everything was handled very nice. We have dined there before, and will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the foodconnieDined on 5/11/2014the food and service was great except didnt get the bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014I've dined there before with always a very pleasant experience, but this fell below my expectations. The service was slow and disjointed. The food was just ok. Also, "No shirt, No service" should also include underwear showing no service.
- The following 364 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Clayton reviews archive.
- service needs more starsjhenchDined on 5/3/2014steaks and side dishes were up to Ruth's typical standards, but our server deserves more than 5 stars. Darryl was properly attentive without hovering, corrected a kitchen mistake without making a big deal and had the personality of PR king. we walked out with huge smiles. it was our anniversary and the rose petals on the table were a nice touch. even tho there was a large outdoor dining area, it was next to some huge machinery which pretty well ruined the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impresseddcdineDined on 4/20/2014we were not impressed by Easter Brunch. A restaurant with the credibilty and caliber of this we expected much more.Special Features:
- A classic steakhouse!KazTheMadDined on 4/19/2014This is a classic place that is a cut above the rest. I consider Ruth Chris' Steakhouse to be in the top-tier of St. Louis steakhouses -- in the same breath as Annie Gunn's, Kriese, Stony River's Steakhouse and Morton's. What differentiates Ruth's is the ambiance, service and quality. Go there for a romantic dinner, a laid back lunch or to dine with some friends. They cater to all occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014We had an issue with my steak however Ms. Stacy took ownership promptly of the well done Steak and as I told her she handled this potential disaster courteously & professionally. I was impressed. Leo BiermannSpecial Features:
- great food- stop splashing the wateRobBroVIPDined on 4/11/2014As always, the food and steaks at Ruth's was delicious. One comment because it has happened to me 3 times now.. when the waiter pours the water into the glasses they pour it so fast that the ice plunks into the glass and it splashes!!! SLOW DOWN or get some sort of strainer for the pitcher. It is not elegant. Also, not excited to see the waiters carrying all of the empty cardboard boxes from the bar to the back of the restaurant. Should have been done long before guests arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Slow Service - Food was GreatHawaiianTravelerDined on 4/5/2014It took over an hour from the time we sat down until our appetizers arrived. The manager offered her apology and comped the apps. The food was great but with the delays in getting the food it made for a very average dining experience. I have eaten at several Ruth Chris restaurants and have always gotten great service so something was off that night. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday to remember!catch22Dined on 3/24/2014We had a phenomenal time dining at Ruth's Chris! Everything was absolutely perfect! We had made reservations and in the reservation I had said that it was my boyfriends birthday and everyone who we came in contact with told him happy birthday! It was absolutely fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 13th BirthdayLynnetteDined on 3/15/2014My son selected this location for his 13th birthday.....and what a great choice. They far exceeded our expectations of making not only him, but all of us feel special. Food was simply outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.