Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cincinnati
100 E Freedom Way, Suite 160
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 5133810491x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Stephen Delucia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth"s Catering in Cincinnati, OH - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth"s Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Rebecca Sehlhorst x
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cincinnati
Ruth"s Chris Steak House in Cincinnati, OH serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth's Chris' genuine hospitality. So whether you're a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and off site catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)romantic (66)notable wine list (46)fit for foodies (35)scenic view (23)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (13)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Birthday CelebrationrheidemanDined on 9/13/2014My sister and brother-in-law had never been to Ruth's, so we went to celebrate her birthday. She had the "best steak ever." That says a lot in a meat eating city like Cincinnati! The filet mignon was tender, tasty and gives local competitors something to worry about.Special Features:
- Too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014The only problem was the noise level I don't like the cafeteria feel.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GreensburgINfamilyDined on 8/30/2014We went to Ruth's Chris to celebrate my husband's birthday. We have eaten at Ruth's Chris before, but not at this location. The service, food and atmosphere was all wonderful! Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSherryDined on 8/30/2014Ruth Chris was very good. Food was wonderful. Service was wonderful. Little extras for our anniversary -- rose petals on the table, picture taken and give to us at the end of the meal. Only complaint was that we were not asked if we wanted dessert. It was brought to us automatically on a plate with Happy Anniversary on it and then our picture was taken. When we got our bill, there was a $4.50 charge on the bill for the dessert. I did not appreciate being charged for a dessert that I would not have ordered. It wasn't the $4.50, it was just kind of tacky to bring us an anniversary dessert and then charge us for it. Otherwise everything was excellent!Special Features:
- CK1WMDined on 8/17/2014Honestly I would say I was disappointed.My Husband's Birthday was celebrated here. The table was decorated but he did not receive the "SURPRISE' that was promised at the end of the meal. My friends along with us participated in the Restaurant Week menu and up graded to a 16oz rib eye steak for an extra $18.This was average grade meat as far as I am concerned. I have gotten better quality meat myself from my own shopping choice . The side dishes were low quality The mushrooms were under cooked the mash potatoes tasted like Instant box potatoes. The sweet potato casserole was good and the petite bread pudding was nice. I wanted to check about the quality of the steak and asked the manager and he said this was there regular menu selection.Special Features:
- AmazingrabbitmlDined on 8/17/2014The most amazing steak that will melt in your mouth with excellent service and friendliness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeff Ruby'sambianceDined on 8/17/2014This is a Jeff Ruby's establishment which speaks for itself. The service and food was good.Special Features:
- Outstanding each and every visitMrapplegateDined on 8/17/2014We are a middle income family but always save to eat at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Special occasions we are here. Give them a heads up and you'll find rose petals awaiting you at your table for an anniversary dinner. Service is always impeccable. You feel pampered because you have a head waiter and two or three assistants who help. The food is amazing, but I have to admit I don't venture far from my favorite, the fillet mignon and a side of mashed potatoes. The fillet melts in your mouth and the mashed potatoes are a perfect creamy delight. For dessert you can't go wrong with the chocolate sin cake. Chocolate dessert at its best. Let's just say you won't be disappointed when you eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb eveningEric4x4Dined on 8/16/2014I took my girlfriend here during OpenTable week for her birthday. The hostess was extremely polite and professional. We were promptly seated and we had both a waiter and an assistant assigned to our table so service was expedient and well mannered. The atmosphere was warm and comfortable, and the little bit of confetti on the table (Happy birthday) was a perfect touch. While we had both planned on sticking to the open table menu, the filet and shrimp just looked too good to pass up. The caesar salad was perfectly dressed. The portion size was respectable assembled perfectly. The filet was cooked to exactly my request, med-rare and the meat was amazingly tender and flavorful. Desert was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Anniversary and BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Food was very good except my wife's filet was undercooked and delayed us leaving for Bengal 's game. Wait staff was very nice, accommodating, and professional. Celebrated a special occasion and the staff made it a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reputation precedes It's selfOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Ruth's Chris is as lovely as you have heard. Our family of 4 recently visited during Restaurant Week to celebrate our anniversary and our last son leaving for college. The food was divine, wine list extensive and service was very good.Special Features:
- I'm just not sold...abloomerVIPDined on 8/15/2014I have now eaten at Ruth's Chris at least 5 times and I am unimpressed. I much prefer Mortons, Smith and Wolensky, or any of the Jeff Ruby establishments. Ruth's Chris soaks everything in butter and it's so heavy that I always leave not feeling well. The steak comes out in a puddle of butter. I've had the lobster tail twice and it's been overcooked each time. Bottomline, it's expensive and it should be a whole lot better for the dollar.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceBirthdayDined on 8/15/2014Food and service were top notch. Took my husband for his birthday, we had a nice time. Our waiter "Scott" was very attentive and provided great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal - Will Be BackFancySingleGalsDined on 8/15/2014Have been wanting to go to Ruth's Chris for a long time - even before one opened in Cincinnati. Downtown Restaurant Week was the perfect opportunity to check it out. I was seated at the top of the stairs. Initially, I did not care for the seat as everyone who entered walked past our table. However, through the course of the meal, I noticed it much less. View of the riverfront and the street activity below was great entertainment during dinner. Onto the food. My friend and I both ordered the filet-medium. It was deliciously seasoned and so tender. The middle of my steak seemed almost rare, however, the plates are heated to 500 degrees, so it cooked my meat as my meal progressed. So it was always medium. Definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ServiceLov3s2eatDined on 8/14/2014The food was delicious. Sweet Potato Casserole beyond my expectations. But, the star quality was the service. We went for Restaurant Week, very busy and easy to be passed over. However, there was never a time that we didn't feel "passed over". The attention to detail, water glasses always full, boxing up the left overs, knowledge of the wine list...Awesome.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014We tried this restaurant because the prices were a little lower for restaurant week downtown. We had a very good experience so we would return.Special Features:
- exceed expectionsjoeyDined on 8/14/2014We went during restaurant week and expected a lot less than we received. The sevice was outstanding from the front desk greeting to the goodby and thanking you for joining them to dine. The waiter was superior in handleing a party of six and his suggestion and explainations of items on the menu were great. First impressions are very important and the phone conversation regarding the reservations were so plesant and accomandating that i couldn't wait to get there. It was truly a pleasure to dine At Ruth's Chris in Cincinnati.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuziDined on 8/14/2014Great food. The noise level was varied. We were in a small room with a largish party so until they left it was quite noisy. Pricey.Special Features:
- ElistarElistarDined on 8/14/2014The food was great! Seasoned perfectly and fresh. The service was average, I had to find a waiter to get an iced tea refill. Reservations were made 8 days prior and we were seated in the bar area. We were told we didn't qualify for "Happy Hour" because we were not in the bar. However, we were in the same room as the noisy bar and were seated 3 -4 feet from it! It was a little disappointing, but the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week mealCincyCDined on 8/13/2014We dined at Ruth's Chris for the first time during Restaurant Week. Our party of four agreed upon leaving that we'd just had an average meal. Our salads and entrees--steaks and crab cakes--were very good. However, the side dishes we had including mushrooms, potatoes and creamed spinach were rather bland. The restaurant ran out of bread which was very disappointing. We were looking forward to the bread pudding dessert but it too was did not live up to the good reviews we had read about it from Ruth's Chris restaurants in other cities. Overall, this visit did not entice us to return.
- Overpriced and UnderwhelmingPinkOrchidDined on 8/13/2014We dined during restaurant week, and were disappointed with both the food and the service. We were left waiting both to order and to receive the check, and the servers seemed confused and uncoordinated. They were attentive however, refilling drinks and bread for the table. As far as the food, the steak had too much just unrendered fat, and all the sides were heavy and greasy. Crabcakes were delicious, but there were a lot of shell pieces in the meat. For the hefty price, it wasn't worth it.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysTravelerDined on 8/13/2014The service was outstanding and the filets were cooked to perfection. Ruth's Chris manages to be consistently right on every time.Special Features:
- Disappointed….dineraterDined on 8/12/2014Doesn't compare to Jeff Ruby's..The filet at Ruby's (8 oz.) was superior AND 2 oz. larger! (In fact, the 6oz. filet at Prime 47 was better than the 6oz. filet at Ruth Chris!!) Plus the dessert at Jeff Ruby's was a FULL-SIZE piece of delicious cheesecake.Special Features:
- great restaurant week treat!DrLisaDined on 8/11/2014The steak was absolutely amazinbg-- the most tender ever. Portions were good. Waiter was very friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceRestaurantJunkieDined on 8/9/2014Delicious food; great service; overall fantastic restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent! Service was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014Our food was delicious! However, our server was more focused on the large noisy party sitting next to us...made several mistakes with our drinks, desserts and overall neglected our table. We love Ruth Chris and decided to celebrate our anniversary there...we will return but will ask to be seated away from large parties, ruined the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkFVIPDined on 8/3/2014Food and service were absolutely great. It is still just too darn expensive.Special Features:
- AnniversaryretgunpltDined on 8/3/2014Wonderful dining experience. Food was excellent. Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive. The remainder of the staff were professional, courteous, and helpful. Was an excellent finish to a wonderful Anniversary. Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TempBo13Dined on 8/2/2014The temp inside the resturant was so hot. Our waiter was sweating like crazy as he was waiting on us. And it was to the point it was uncomfortable. Hard to enjoy your meal while you yourself are sweating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date nightlukerDined on 8/2/2014my wife and i celebrated her birthday recently there, and enjoyed our time. Exceptional service and good food -- loved the lobster bisque and scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedWheresthebeefVIPDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I, along with a fly that would not leave our table, celebrated our 22nd anniversary at this restaurant. I ordered the $60 16 oz bone-in-filet, which end up being 11 ounces of bone. She had 4 forty dollar scallops. Both of our meals were bland to say the least and we were starving 30 minutes later after having dropped nearly $200 for dinner. For the record, I'm not complaining about the price, it's what you expect, but at least give me a portion large enough that I don't leave still hungry, or one that is so flavorful that I'm wowed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/30/2014My lobster was perfect, sweet, succulent, shelled and fit for a king!Special Features:
- Always one that never disappointsPepperridgeVIPDined on 7/29/2014We had to go to a concert and they were very quick with getting the food out! Thank you for that!Special Features:
- Tasty foodMikemill07Dined on 7/25/2014Food was fantastic. Spent 5 yr anniversary with wife, and it was a memorable dining experience thanks to the staff at RCS. Would reccomend dining at least 3 hrs prior to a nearby event to ensure you can get out and be on timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- E. DavidA1ServiceDined on 7/24/2014This was an fantastic experience, it gave my wife and I an opportunity to spend some quality time with our dear friends while enjoying a great meal in the heart of Cincinnati. The ambiance is elegant yet comfortable and the service is was just outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone that I know, especially visitors or residents of The Queen City.Special Features:
- CautionCoolBreezeVIPDined on 7/24/2014The food was excellent! HOWEVER, I noticed that the waiter did not return my credit card after I paid...he claimed that he couldn't find it. He eventually "found it" several minutes later. He also attempted to charge me $22 for a $12 glass of wine. A great meal was ruined by the potential of identity theft. I am now in the process of canceling and replacing my credit card
- Excellent!LovetoeatDined on 7/23/2014First time dining and can't wait to go back! It was so good and perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks in town!!!WineMe1Dined on 7/21/2014We always have good service, and immediately think of Ruth's Chris when we want to go out for steak. Their steaks are top notch. Never any waste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Place was nice. Had a great table with a view. Service was excellent. Food was good next time hold the butter it was a little to saucy for a steak. Food presentation was poor. Too small of a plate. Price was high but expected that. I think paying those prices I will stick with rubys. Mainly for the food
- Outstanding food and serviceSteakLoversDined on 7/16/2014Steaks were outstanding. Waiter, Andrew, was one of the best we have ever experienced. Everything was perfect.Special Features: